Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What's happened to the fo...
Today at 12:54 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:49 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Should talib be told that he may not use a BNC or idle indefinitely?
  • Yes, he should access chat like everyone else, and also sign out when done - 17 (89.5%)
  • No, he's done nothing wrong and it's therefore unreasonable to require this of him - 2 (10.5%)
  • Total Voters: 18

Topic: Chat issues + poll

(Read 4250 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Chat issues + poll
     Reply #30 - June 24, 2011, 12:04 PM

Yes Ban him, i find it creepy for a muslim to come to an ex-muslim forum chatroom without saying anything but watch, even though he seems harmless, im not comfortable with him being there.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #31 - June 25, 2011, 03:38 PM

For what it's worth - I think he's just an Unix-type geek that lurks everywhere. It's an older school of IRC user, and being creeped out might just be an overreaction. He's not done anything particularly offensive that I can see, and I've even had the odd conversation with him.

He seems pretty harmless to me.

I've been monitoring talib's usage and couldn't see that he'd done anything wrong, nor has anyone made complaints about him. He seems generally polite and hospitable towards other users.

Everyone needs to be aware that the chan is public. Do not share private information there unless you're happy for (potentially) anyone to see it. It's as simple as that.

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #32 - June 25, 2011, 05:51 PM

he's actually an ok dude
     Reply #33 - June 25, 2011, 07:11 PM

I've been monitoring talib's usage and couldn't see that he'd done anything wrong, nor has anyone made complaints about him. He seems generally polite and hospitable towards other users.

Everyone needs to be aware that the chan is public. Do not share private information there unless you're happy for (potentially) anyone to see it. It's as simple as that.

Whatever, people just don't like him idling all the damn time and not regularly engaging in chat, they (I) think it's creepy. As long as he's not idling for days without hardly talking (which it doesn't seem like he's doing now), then I'm fine with it. That's problem solved as far as I'm concerned.

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
     Reply #34 - June 28, 2011, 01:50 AM

Bump for the 3rd chan operator issue... it's annoying having trolls in there.
     Reply #35 - June 28, 2011, 01:56 AM

Bump for the 3rd chan operator issue... it's annoying having trolls in there.

+1
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »