Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Game of Thrones

(Read 110837 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 25 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Game of Thrones
     Reply #30 - July 29, 2011, 09:28 PM

I can compromise. Afro

That or I'll get a tub of red paint and have some fun.

I meant painting your front wall.

07:54 <harakaat>: you must be jema
    07:54 <harakaat>: considering how annoying you are
     Reply #31 - July 29, 2011, 09:36 PM

I meant painting your front wall.

You realise that still sounds naughty right?   whistling2

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #32 - July 29, 2011, 09:38 PM

Huh? Who said I wouldn't get down dirty. I just said I'd also paint your walls. Jeez, thank me atleast!

07:54 <harakaat>: you must be jema
    07:54 <harakaat>: considering how annoying you are
     Reply #33 - July 29, 2011, 09:39 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Reply #34 - July 31, 2011, 11:11 PM

Finished the first series about a week ago. The imp is my favorite character, the actor should get an award for it.
     Reply #35 - July 31, 2011, 11:55 PM

He's been nominated for an emmy--insha'allah he wins Smiley

If you liked him in the first series, you'll LOVE him in the second series. Him and Bronn are fucking hilarious in A Clash of Kings.

@Berbs: Where are you in the books and what are your thoughts so far?

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #36 - August 01, 2011, 12:11 AM

I have read some of the books, and I think the changes made in the television series serve to increase how good it is. Conversation changes, some extra bits of character history, etc. Plus Peter Dinklage has to be THE coolest guy in the entire thing. Not until I saw an interview with him about this series did I realise he is American. And then it hit me — I’d seen, and liked, him before in Threshold. And Elf.
     Reply #37 - August 01, 2011, 08:31 AM

Just wanted to say...

THIS SHOW IS TEH AWE5OME!!!

Edit: I so hate jeoffrey! Okay... i hate all Lannisters except for the Imp... because hes fucking awesome!

Jaime Lannister, dude. There's no one like him. Only him.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #38 - August 01, 2011, 08:35 AM

Lol yeah the imp is the only lannister who is interesting.

But OMG.  HBO are saying they intend to run the show for as long the books keep coming.

I think I just came a little. 

I need season 2 asap but I have to wait so long.   Cry

Oh well, the books shall sustain me until then.

You know, I wish I had read the books before the seeing the show, just to see if how I visualised them would have differed from the show.  Since as I read now, I see the shows characters, which is always weird.

Shit really? That's excellent news. I think the series will reach its peak as far as viewership is concerned by season three. I'm not sure how people (except for books fanatics) will react to season four, but I'm sure Weiss and Benioff will manage.

I re-read the whole series after watching the show in anticipation for book five and I'm thrilled to report that the characters and settings I initially made up in my head before the show are still intact  dance

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #39 - August 01, 2011, 08:37 AM

He's been nominated for an emmy--insha'allah he wins Smiley

I don't know, man. I didn't really like him that much until mid-season.

I don't get why Harry Lloyd (Viserys Targaryen) didn't get nominated though.

By the way, I still owe you a pm about Dance with Dragons. I'll get to it  lipsrsealed

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #40 - August 01, 2011, 02:53 PM

Shit really? That's excellent news. I think the series will reach its peak as far as viewership is concerned by season three. I'm not sure how people (except for books fanatics) will react to season four, but I'm sure Weiss and Benioff will manage.

Book 3 isn't going to be done in one season. I think the creators are planning to end season 3 THAT moment in A Storm of Swords, which is going to be really cruel. I can't wait to lap up the delicious tears of the people who don't read the books! Cheesy Season 4 will probably have a lot of ASoS material at the start which a lot of the viewers will love, so don't count S4 out just yet.

I don't get why Harry Lloyd (Viserys Targaryen) didn't get nominated though.

Probably because his role was too minor to get noticed. Superb acting by him though, he really did bring out the Targaryen I-AM-THE-BLOOD-OF-THE-DRAGON madness in a way that Dany's actress never could.

By the way, I still owe you a pm about Dance with Dragons. I'll get to it 

Have you finished it yet?

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #41 - August 01, 2011, 02:54 PM

I re-read the whole series after watching the show in anticipation for book five and I'm thrilled to report that the characters and settings I initially made up in my head before the show are still intact  dance

I'm on book 2 now (so this is also a reply to GING), started reading it late last night and I shall be logging off in a few minutes to carry on.

You know what i think?

I think WTF was I smoking all those years ago?  I actually bought the first book so many years ago.  I'm sure I didn't even have kids then.  I actually did not read all of the book because it didn't start out well.  Ergo not enough magic and fantasy straight away, just court conspiracies etc which bored me back then.

Err as i said, what was i smoking?  I have been hooked the moment I turned a page this time round.

Even though the real magic and fantasy didn't solidly appear until teh end of book one, I like the slow build up to the amazing world I am about to be taken through.

Book 2 has started off well, had I not been so tired last night and reading it as a PDF, I would have not been able to stop.

Game of Thrones is awesome.

i regret not listening to Queen Naerys when she kept telling me to read them. 

Reply #42 - August 01, 2011, 02:57 PM

nerds

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #43 - August 01, 2011, 02:58 PM

I fucking knew your post would say that.  Cheesy

I clicked this thread and before the page loaded I was thinking I bet Kod just said nerds.   Cheesy Cheesy

Reply #44 - August 01, 2011, 03:18 PM

because you know it is true

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #45 - August 01, 2011, 03:21 PM

No, its cos I know you.   Tongue

Reply #46 - August 01, 2011, 03:57 PM

nerds

says the guy who plays cs for money
     Reply #47 - August 01, 2011, 05:08 PM

I'm torn. I wanna read them but, I can never enjoy a movie/show if I've already read the book it's based on.
     Reply #48 - August 01, 2011, 05:13 PM

Never say never Prince.

Otherwise they will call me a rapist. 

Reply #49 - August 01, 2011, 10:02 PM

Jaime Lannister, dude. There's no one like him. Only him.

Pfff, hes an arrogant douchebag. And he bangs his own sister... COMON!

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves." - from Goethes Faust
    "Only the wisest and the stupidest men never change." - Confuzios
    "there is no religion of peace, only people who are peaceful while being religious."
     Reply #50 - August 01, 2011, 11:24 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing.
     Reply #51 - August 02, 2011, 08:08 AM

I'm on book 2 now (so this is also a reply to GING), started reading it late last night and I shall be logging off in a few minutes to carry on.

You know what i think?

I think WTF was I smoking all those years ago?  I actually bought the first book so many years ago.  I'm sure I didn't even have kids then.  I actually did not read all of the book because it didn't start out well.  Ergo not enough magic and fantasy straight away, just court conspiracies etc which bored me back then.

Err as i said, what was i smoking?  I have been hooked the moment I turned a page this time round.

Even though the real magic and fantasy didn't solidly appear until teh end of book one, I like the slow build up to the amazing world I am about to be taken through.

Book 2 has started off well, had I not been so tired last night and reading it as a PDF, I would have not been able to stop.

Game of Thrones is awesome.

i regret not listening to Queen Naerys when she kept telling me to read them. 

TOLD YA  dance Better late than never, you know! I'm so excited for you. I'd give anything to be able to re-read the books not knowing what goes down. Clash of Kings is way better than Game of Thrones, and Storm of Swords is better than both of them combined.

GING: Yeah, I did hear about them splitting SoS between season 3 and 4, but forgot about it. Yeah, you know people are going to be outraged after the finale  Cheesy Yeah, I finished ADWD, about four or five days ago.

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #52 - August 02, 2011, 08:12 AM

I'm torn. I wanna read them but, I can never enjoy a movie/show if I've already read the book it's based on.

You should definitely read them. I'm sure you wouldn't believe me if I said I was speaking objectively, but the written material just doesn't compare to the TV show. the TV script is dumbed down for the masses, and the beauty of the story is in all the details and characterization.

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #53 - August 02, 2011, 08:13 AM

Pfff, hes an arrogant douchebag. And he bangs his own sister... COMON!

Wink Wink Wink

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #54 - August 02, 2011, 02:51 PM

You should definitely read them. I'm sure you wouldn't believe me if I said I was speaking objectively, but the written material just doesn't compare to the TV show. the TV script is dumbed down for the masses, and the beauty of the story is in all the details and characterization.

Hmm ok, I'm sold. Been a while since I read a good fantasy anyway.
     Reply #55 - August 02, 2011, 05:46 PM

Book 3 isn't going to be done in one season. I think the creators are planning to end season 3 THAT moment in A Storm of Swords, which is going to be really cruel.

I have rarely been as moved by a piece of fiction as that scene.

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #56 - August 02, 2011, 05:47 PM

Hmm ok, I'm sold. Been a while since I read a good fantasy anyway.

The content is brilliant, it is a really vibrant world that he has created with many details that make other fantasy series seem juvenile.
    Having said that however, the quality of writing is terrible and I say this as nicely as I can because I've nearly finished all 5 books in only a month so it hasn't put me off but it has to be said.

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #57 - August 02, 2011, 06:33 PM

Writing is terrible?
     Reply #58 - August 02, 2011, 06:37 PM

The content is brilliant, it is a really vibrant world that he has created with many details that make other fantasy series seem juvenile.
    Having said that however, the quality of writing is terrible and I say this as nicely as I can because I've nearly finished all 5 books in only a month so it hasn't put me off but it has to be said.

Maybe that's subjective, or actually not maybe, is.

I personally think writing that can captivate and keep me away from this forum for hours and hours, is good writing.  You can have the greatest ideas, but if the writing sucks, no one will run to buy the second, or the 3rd, 4th and 5th.

I genuinely am enjoying it.  Writing style and all.  To be honest it makes me nervous that I can never and will never write as well.

Reply #59 - August 02, 2011, 06:38 PM

Anyway i am almost at the end of the 2nd book.   dance

Page 472, just over a 100 to go.  I reckon I can start the 3rd book before I sleep.

• Previous page 1 23 4 ... 25 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »