Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Crazy love!

(Read 1704 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Crazy love!
     OP - June 22, 2011, 03:36 PM

Nine years after my conversion to Islam I’ve decided: I’m leaving. It feels so strange to say but for years, while saying prayers or repeating Islamic phrases, I felt: "What nonsense!" I’m a Swedish woman from a good family with educated parents. I had a normal upbringing. Although I come from a Christian family, I was uninterested in that religion. It wasn't exotic to me. I was looking for something different. Maybe I wasn’t even looking for a religion at all. Then I met a man. He was an Arab with hazel eyes and a big heart, or so I thought. I fell in love with him and everything about him. We debated religion. It was hard arguing with him because I knew nothing of Christianity or Islam. I was an easy target.

Many converts who marry Arabs become more Arab then the Arabs themselves. Many converts know much more about Islam than born Muslims. I've meet so many Arab Muslims who "know”Islam is right and I’ve asked them “How you know?” They answered, "It just is." They can hardly pray, have never read the whole Koran, never studied the life of Mohammed or the other prophets, never read about any other religion, still they "know its right.

I helped many girls convert to Islam. My husband used to bring his friends, Swedish girlfriends to me and my job was to show them "the beauty of Islam." I chose the beautiful ayas about paradise and left out the more horrifying parts. It sounded really beautiful: sisterhood, woman's rights in Islam, having a purpose, being seen as a pure woman, not being judged by looks, bla bla bla. Most girls were unloved and did whatever the man asked her. Getting them to say shahada was not that hard after a few months of smiling and taking care of them.

The hijab and polygamy were the most difficult subjects. The hijab was a concern but I usually said that it’s between the woman and God and that she didn't have to wear it right away. Usually the group pressure was big and the girls became muhajaba after few months. I also said that the girls could write in their marriage contracts that they wouldn't accept their husbands to have a second wife. Hearing this, most girls relaxed. Of course no man agreed to have this put in the contract. Love is what gets women into to Islam; their brains are what get them out{provided they have not been irreparably damaged].

No 'I was wrong BUT' nonsense

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »