Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Virginity and Islam

(Read 11899 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Virginity and Islam
     OP - June 21, 2011, 05:02 PM

In ancient times virgins were women who never had given birth. Later, in monotheistic religions, virgins changed to be all women who had never been penetrated by a man.
    This new definition brought with it several problems. It turned out that even doctors cannot establish if a woman is a virgin in over 80% of the cases. It seems that many women knew for a long time that the loss of blood at the first intercourse was far from 100 %. In most cases girls will not bleed during the wedding night. Mothers in several countries (where virginity was very important) knew of this, and they were so wise as to hide a needle in the bride's garments, so she could produce some blood when it was needed.
    I wonder how this very strong demand for virginity is treated in Islamic communities. Virginity is between your ears, and not between your legs.

Religion is organized superstition
  • Re: Virginity and Islam
     Reply #1 - June 21, 2011, 06:21 PM

I am an ex-Muslim man, and (still) a man, and hope to stay like this till I get married. The idea behind virginity is to ensure something holy and important like the marriage is founded on a solid base.
    Having a history in which you were intimate with others shatters this foundation, and opens the door to the rampant amount of emotional divorces and other emotional hardness of our times.

Needless to say, virginity is equally important for both sexes.

I shouldn't be here. Really. Shaytan SWT deluded ALL of us. Amen.
     Reply #2 - June 21, 2011, 06:24 PM

I am an ex-Muslim man, and (still) a man, and hope to stay like this till I get married. The idea behind virginity is to ensure something holy and important like the marriage is founded on a solid base.
    Having a history in which you were intimate with others shatters this foundation, and opens the door to the rampant amount of emotional divorces and other emotional hardness of our times.

wacko Are you for real?
     Reply #3 - June 21, 2011, 06:26 PM

I am.

Reply #4 - June 21, 2011, 06:27 PM

I am.

Wow. Weak.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #5 - June 21, 2011, 06:29 PM

I agree with him. His point is not invalid.

Wow. Weak.

That's odd, I found it to be the opposite.

Get crunk.
     Reply #6 - June 21, 2011, 06:31 PM

Weak too?

Seriously, it is a sign of weakness to feel shattered by someones sexual past.

Reply #7 - June 21, 2011, 06:33 PM

That's odd, I found it to be the opposite.

How is it a sign of strength to be shattered by not having control of someone's sexual past?

Reply #8 - June 21, 2011, 06:38 PM

Virginity is between your ears, and not between your legs.

Haha Cheesy well said.

Umm when I was a muslim and masturbated I used to be afriad of breaking my hymen therefore not classifying as a ''virgin'' as well as the fact I resisted using tampons for the very same reason. But when I had my first intercourse, I bled so yeah, I guess I was fretting over nothing.

.. What was the point of this post again,  Thinking hard

.. mehh I forgot, nevermind.  Undecided
     Reply #9 - June 21, 2011, 06:39 PM

Let me elaborate before people begin thinking I am just trolling:

Weak? So you call me a weak because I am not a hedonist like you who doesn't have any problem having had several bedpartners before becoming serious?
    You call me weak because my life isn't shaped by my lowerly animal instinct, but rather I have self-discipline.
    Weak because I don't succomb to any quick&dirty pleasures of the flesh?

Religion is no doubt outdated and childish. But this doesn't mean one has to reject all the morals it preached.
    Marriage is no doubt a religious concept, my idea of "marriage" is having a serious relation. Before being really serious, I don't understand how being promiscuous could be something innocent or without consequences.
    Often people can get emotionally shattered and confused due to bad experiences. Also, when one gets married, (s)he might still be contacted by some earlier partner who still desires him/her, thus jeopardizing the whole family and affecting (possible) kids.

Reply #10 - June 21, 2011, 06:40 PM

You are ruined now Zaiba.

You have shattered some poor future man's emotional foundations.  Cheesy

Reply #11 - June 21, 2011, 06:44 PM

You are ruined now Zaiba.

You have shattered some poor future man's emotional foundations.  Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy

Well any man who wants a virgin has some emotional issues anyway, I mean what's the fun in having a virgin? I personally wouldn't want a virgin ..

Do I sound like a whore saying I want an experienced man who expects the same?  whistling2
     Reply #12 - June 21, 2011, 06:50 PM

Let me elaborate before people begin thinking I am just trolling:

Weak? So you call me a weak because I am not a hedonist like you who doesn't have any problem having had several bedpartners before becoming serious?
    You call me weak because my life isn't shaped by my lowerly animal instinct, but rather I have self-discipline.
    Weak because I don't succomb to any quick&dirty pleasures of the flesh?

Religion is no doubt outdated and childish. But this doesn't mean one has to reject all the morals it preached.
    Marriage is no doubt a religious concept, my idea of "marriage" is having a serious relation. Before being really serious, I don't understand how being promiscuous could be something innocent or without consequences.
    Often people can get emotionally shattered and confused due to bad experiences. Also, when one gets married, (s)he might still be contacted by some earlier partner who still desires him/her, thus jeopardizing the whole family and affecting (possible) kids.

No, I call you weak because it would shatter you.  To be shattered by someone's past choices to me is weak.

Plus, you cam on here make large generalisations about how people 'like me'   Roll Eyes are responsible for emotional divorce and emotional hardness of our times.

You made a judgement, you got a reaction.  You choose to be virginal and desire one, I choose not to, did I come on here and say judgemental prudes are responsible for all the negative things that have been done to control women through history?

Now if you had said you are a virgin, and want a virgin like you because you want it to be special, then fair enough, but when you start fucking making judgements against people who don't want what you want, don't be surprised you get a reaction.

Add to that your "OMG it would shatter me" weakness.

I actually know a grown man who is a virgin and waiting for the one, would you believe his one doesn't have to be a virgin?  it wouldn't shatter him, because his esteem doesn't rest upon who she loved before him.

But in truth it is your sort of mentality who judges people for their sexual choices, because its that particular sort of weakness that generates it.

Reply #13 - June 21, 2011, 06:52 PM

Cheesy Cheesy

Well any man who wants a virgin has some emotional issues anyway, I mean what's the fun in having a virgin? I personally wouldn't want a virgin ..

Do I sound like a whore saying I want an experienced man who expects the same?  whistling2

Well to MnfqKfrMrtd you certainly do.

You are causing sexual fitna in the land.

Reply #14 - June 21, 2011, 06:57 PM

No, I call you weak because it would shatter you.  To be shattered by someone's past choices to me is weak.

Plus, you cam on here make large generalisations about how people 'like me'   Roll Eyes are responsible for emotional divorce and emotional hardness of our times.

You made a judgement, you got a reaction.  You choose to be virginal and desire one, I choose not to, did I come on here and say judgemental prudes are responsible for all the negative things that have been done to control women through history?

Now if you had said you are a virgin, and want a virgin like you because you want it to be special, then fair enough, but when you start fucking making judgements against people who don't want what you want, don't be surprised you get a reaction.

Add to that your "OMG it would shatter me" weakness.

I actually know a grown man who is a virgin and waiting for the one, would you believe his one doesn't have to be a virgin?  it wouldn't shatter him, because his esteem doesn't rest upon who she loved before him.

But in truth it is your sort of mentality who judges people for their sexual choices, because its that particular sort of weakness that generates it.

amen.

Added: i used to be quite prude in the past about many things, still am slightly on the 'prudish' side, so maybe he'll change his mind in time Tongue

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #15 - June 21, 2011, 06:59 PM

MnfqKfrMrtd got a point in the first section of his post. But the whole point gets shattered as BerberElla already mentioned in the next section - when he writes:

[...]Having a history in which you were intimate with others shatters this foundation"

So what if the partner have a "history". Buhuhu.

Some cultures - especially Muslim cultures has this obsession with virginity - and primarily (if not only) the females virginity. A bit like Star Trek - patriarchal societies are build on this notion that a groom should go where no man has gone before, ergo the obsession with female sexuality. "The woman should be veiled because she is like a lollipop. She is like a diamant blablabla". It`s basically about the twisted needs and desires of a bunch of archaic thinking male chauvinists who doesn`t want to "dip into" where some other bearded dude already have been.

A bit harsh? Maybe. But thats my two cents.

Seriously: Grow up and smell the chai!

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #16 - June 21, 2011, 07:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFSG1iXKBBw

Have you heard the good news? There is no God!
     Reply #17 - June 21, 2011, 07:13 PM

MnfqKfrMrtd got a point in the first section of his post. But the whole point gets shattered as BerberElla already mentioned in the next section - when he writes:

[...]Having a history in which you were intimate with others shatters this foundation"

So what if the partner have a "history". Buhuhu.

Some cultures - especially Muslim cultures has this obsession with virginity - and primarily (if not only) the females virginity. A bit like Star Trek - patriarchal societies are build on this notion that a groom should go where no man has gone before, ergo the obsession with female sexuality. "The woman should be veiled because she is like a lollipop. She is like a diamant blablabla". It`s basically about the twisted needs and desires of a bunch of archaic thinking male chauvinists who doesn`t want to "dip into" where some other bearded dude already have been.

A bit harsh? Maybe. But thats my two cents.

Seriously: Grow up and smell the chai!

^ Cheesy

That's well funny.
     Reply #18 - June 21, 2011, 08:07 PM

-Edited-
     Reply #19 - June 21, 2011, 08:26 PM

You will not lose your manhood after your first intercourse with a woman.
    You are a free man, and you may choose when, and with whom, you want to have your first experience with women, but I think that only applie to you.
    How do you know that your sex partner is a virgin?

Religion is organized superstition
     Reply #20 - June 21, 2011, 08:34 PM

My first ever meme. dance

Reply #21 - June 21, 2011, 08:49 PM

My first ever meme. dance

havent u heard of shrinkage Tongue
     Reply #22 - June 21, 2011, 08:51 PM

Shrinkage of what? Huh?
     Reply #23 - June 21, 2011, 09:47 PM

Well STD's & herpes are a good reason to be virgin instead of being promiscuous.
     Reply #24 - June 21, 2011, 09:54 PM

We are sexual beings. Why do people have to think there's something wrong with that?
    We are also in control of ourselves. That keeps us from going crazy (and fucking everyone in sight). That's the self-control and self-discipline you're talking about, Mnfq. You're not the only one who has it, just because we're sexually active doesn't mean we don't have it.
    Also, STD risk keep people in check.

It's just another choice we make to or not to have sex. Everyone is entitled to their own, however, I would just like people to question why they make the choice they do.
    The thing is I don't think we have to abstain. It is enough to know we are capable to if we wanted to. But we don't want to. I'd prefer not to feel sexually repressed, because I feel healthier this way. Being healthy with your sexuality is more important than some people know, even if you decide you want to wait until marriage.

There's a saying that "Have sex with yourself before you have sex with anyone else."  Afro There are many good reasons for this, especially for women.
    But that's addressing masturbation and sexual exploration with oneself, not with others...

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in.
     Reply #25 - June 21, 2011, 09:57 PM

Well STD's & herpes are a good reason to be virgin instead of being promiscuous.

No. That's why there's something called condoms.

Though they don't protect 100% against STDs,
    so the idea is to limit your number of sexual partners, and get regular STD testing.

Reply #26 - June 21, 2011, 10:04 PM

No. That's why there's something called condoms.

Though they don't protect 100% against STDs,
    so the idea is to limit your number of sexual partners, and get regular STD testing.

Too much work. Not to mention it's embarrassing having to get regular STD testing from doctors.  Afro

Also condoms are not 100% effective so if the girl gets pregnant then you're screwed for life.
     Reply #27 - June 21, 2011, 10:06 PM

^ The consequences you both are talking about are rare but frequently talked about, hence why everyone thinks it's such a ''common'' risk to have multi sex partners. It's not really.
     Reply #28 - June 21, 2011, 10:13 PM

some one opens a thread with
    Virginity and Islam

yes I want to find out whether Allah is virgin or not...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #29 - June 21, 2011, 10:27 PM

Too much work. Not to mention it's embarrassing having to get regular STD testing from doctors.  Afro

Also condoms are not 100% effective so if the girl gets pregnant then you're screwed for life.

It's too much work to you if you think it's not worth it, and that's fine.

However, I think you're exaggerating things on the pregnancy.

And if a couple is that worried/paranoid, they can use condoms and pull out. Or the woman may be on birth control also, so that's double protection right there.
    Also, she may be at a time in her cycle where she can't get pregnant.
    So really, it's not that easy to get pregnant.

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »