Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Virginity and Islam

(Read 11917 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Virginity and Islam
     Reply #30 - June 21, 2011, 10:28 PM

some one opens a thread with yes I want to find out whether Allah is virgin or not...

No. He created us all!

He's a huge manwhore!  Cheesy

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in.
     Reply #31 - June 21, 2011, 10:36 PM

No. He created us all!

He's a huge manwhore!  Cheesy

Huh! what? man??  manwhore??   

no.. no way.,   he didn't create me... No way...

Allah is "He"??
    a man??
    a dick head??
    does he have beard?? and I wonder whether he was circumcised?

Well if that guy is man., he will come under my knife.. I am going CASTRATE THE RASCAL so he will never be whoring again..  

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #32 - June 21, 2011, 10:47 PM

Anyway, to dress OP's topic

The question is "What is virginity?"

Everybody has a different definition of it.

I thought the most common one in Islam regarding women revolved around the hymen?

Which is extremely ridiculous, stupid and ignorant because some women aren't even born with a hymen, or over time it stretches and tears on its own. This should be no measure of one's virginity, nor should it matter.

Unfortunately, ignorance is rampant in Islamic culture.

Mothers tell their daughters to not even use tampons because they're under the impression that they might tear their hymen!!!!! Which is completely false.
    And not to go to any gynecologists or get any pap smears or anything like that, again, for the fear of the speculum damaging their supposed hymen. no
    This is bad because sometimes a woman can get any regular infection such as a yeast infection, and needs to get checked on it to diagnose correctly, to be given the proper medication or else if it's assumed to be a different infection and she takes a different medication, will not only not get rid of it but make it harder to in the future.
    Basically, problems could arise from this sort of thinking and irrational obsession these idiots have over female virginity.

It's so weird, it's as if Muslims don't have basic sexual education, even as your parents who obviously had to have sex to have you.

But they don't realize that as a woman who who past puberty and now menstruates , that means she already has an opening which the blood comes out of. That means there is an opening for a tampon to go into, or a finger. The opening is ALREADY THERE. Meaning, you're not going to be creating a new one or "tearing" anything because your child already has an opening. Gasp!  Roll Eyes

Common fucking sense.

Yes, there are some women with abnormal hymens though that are partially closed, so even though they get their periods normally, inserting anything will be difficult and painful. And in the future, if it is a penis they are trying to insert.... it won't work and they have to have a hymenotomy.

Reply #33 - June 21, 2011, 11:10 PM

some one opens a thread with yes I want to find out whether Allah is virgin or not...

Allah gives good oral

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
     Reply #34 - June 21, 2011, 11:36 PM

wacko Are you for real?

Cheesy

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #35 - June 21, 2011, 11:52 PM

Too much work. Not to mention it's embarrassing having to get regular STD testing from doctors.  Afro

Also condoms are not 100% effective so if the girl gets pregnant then you're screwed for life.

Are you sure you are not making an excuse? Tongue, come on, say it.  J/K

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #36 - June 22, 2011, 08:03 AM

Everyone is entitled to their own, however, I would just like people to question why they make the choice they do.
    The thing is I don't think we have to abstain.

As I see it,this is the crux of the matter. Good point hopeintheair ! clap
    Losing your virginity could become a religion by itself and wanting to get laid a debilitating obsession.

Cultural brainwashing can be as dangerous as religious brainwashing.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #37 - June 22, 2011, 10:00 AM

Catholicism has the same stigma. I think it's rampant in all monotheistic faiths...

Is your grammar defective? Just askin'.

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you." - Rumi

Reply #38 - June 22, 2011, 10:07 AM

Let me elaborate before people begin thinking I am just trolling:

Weak? So you call me a weak because I am not a hedonist like you who doesn't have any problem having had several bedpartners before becoming serious?
    You call me weak because my life isn't shaped by my lowerly animal instinct, but rather I have self-discipline.
    Weak because I don't succomb to any quick&dirty pleasures of the flesh?

Religion is no doubt outdated and childish. But this doesn't mean one has to reject all the morals it preached.
    Marriage is no doubt a religious concept, my idea of "marriage" is having a serious relation. Before being really serious, I don't understand how being promiscuous could be something innocent or without consequences.
    Often people can get emotionally shattered and confused due to bad experiences. Also, when one gets married, (s)he might still be contacted by some earlier partner who still desires him/her, thus jeopardizing the whole family and affecting (possible) kids.

Afro I agree. As an ex-Catholic and ex-Muslim, I still hold on to the virginity concept. For me, I am an emotional person and clingy, so for me waiting until marriage makes the most sense. But, I am non-sexual, so looks like whomever is with me won't be getting any ever, lol.

Is your grammar defective? Just askin'.

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you." - Rumi

Reply #39 - June 22, 2011, 10:07 AM

I've always been under the impression that girls bleed in their first time,and I used to be scared of whether I'm going to bleed or something. Not scared of the pain. I was scared of not bleeding and being thought of as a whore. I read about girls who have masturbated and who were advised to check with the doctor. They make a big deal out of it.

I remember I had this discussion with my mom,and I was shocked to hear her views about this. She said that God made virginity "exposed" for girls and not guys,and that girls are more responsible since they can get pregnant. She meant that God made sure that girls think twice before having sex with someone without marriage. So unfair,and they wonder why I hate men -_-

Reply #40 - June 22, 2011, 11:06 AM

Pain is not caused by the hymen, but sometimes by the clumsiness of unexperienced men, or by fear. As I stated before, even doctors cannot establish virginity, let alone young men. It seems that more than half of women in Islam and Christianity are to be regarded as "whores" Cheesy

Religion is organized superstition
     Reply #41 - June 22, 2011, 08:23 PM

Afro I agree. As an ex-Catholic and ex-Muslim, I still hold on to the virginity concept. For me, I am an emotional person and clingy, so for me waiting until marriage makes the most sense. But, I am non-sexual, so looks like whomever is with me won't be getting any ever, lol.

LOL @ the non sexual asexual wannabe deciding on choices like virginity.   Roll Eyes

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #42 - June 22, 2011, 08:31 PM

I've always been under the impression that girls bleed in their first time,and I used to be scared of whether I'm going to bleed or something. Not scared of the pain. I was scared of not bleeding and being thought of as a whore. I read about girls who have masturbated and who were advised to check with the doctor. They make a big deal out of it.

I remember I had this discussion with my mom,and I was shocked to hear her views about this. She said that God made virginity "exposed" for girls and not guys,and that girls are more responsible since they can get pregnant. She meant that God made sure that girls think twice before having sex with someone without marriage. So unfair,and they wonder why I hate men -_-

No no no. Your mom told you some terrible false things.  finmad

And this idea that it's "supposed" to hurt the first time is utter bullshit. (I feel so bad for all the girls who accepted some pain because they and/or their partner didn't know any better. Sigh.) It's not. If you know what you're doing and prepare right.

Reply #43 - June 24, 2011, 11:25 AM

I'm curious I've read you write this before. Like you point out Islam and Catholicism has a heavy stigma on sex, do you think that has contributed psychologically to your asexuality?

I admit I had a difficult time after getting married literally allowing myself to feel sexual desire because I stopped myself from masturbating, touching or even looking at woman directly (was trying to be a good muslim).

Allowing myself to feel sexual desire, actually was (and is) a challenge. I can't believe how 3 and a 1/2 years of that lifestyle and indoctrination effected me so much. But after reading some works of Alexander Lowen it makes sense to me, we repress desires and emotions through tensing our muscles. Chronic tensions, requires chronic acceptance and relaxation to release the repression.

Sorry I went off on one then. So back to the question. Do you think your asexuality is a result of your experience with religion?
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »