Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Imam Al Ghazali

(Read 23533 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Imam Al Ghazali
     Reply #30 - June 17, 2011, 12:19 AM

More likely than religion could ever do so in it's life span.  cool2

Indeed! People relating to each other as individuals and not as members of some gangs that claim a special,superior status!

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #31 - June 17, 2011, 12:27 AM

hey! we do have special superior status!  whistling2

Cheesy
     Reply #32 - June 17, 2011, 01:21 AM

Come on guys!  keep this place alive, there's so much i wana know about this dude.

well I went through all 2 pages of this thread Zaiba but there is very little information on  Imam Al Ghazali ., Let me write about him and his works briefly here..

Abu Hāmed Mohammad ibn Mohammad al-Ghazzālī (1058-1111)  Is Persian and was born and died in Tus  in the Khorasan province of Persia which borders Present Afghanistan., In fact at that time there were no borders between Persia, Afghanistan and Pakistan/present Baluchistan. He was    Muslim theologian, jurist, philosopher, and mystic of 11th century, That means he was born after 500 years the death of Prophet Muhammad(PBUH)

(Clicky for piccy!)

Al-Ghazali's His father was a traditional sufi, died when he and his younger brother, Ahmad Ghazali, were still young. One of their father's friends took care of them for the next few years. Later in 1070, Ghazali and his brother went to Gurgan to get enrolled in a madrassah. There, he studied fiqh (islamic jurisprudence) next to Ahmad ibn Muhammad Rādkānī and Abu'l Qāsim Jurjānī. Approximately after 7 years of studying, he returned to Tus.

when he was almost 23 years old, he became the student of the famous muslim scholar Abu'l Ma'ālī Juwaynī, known as Imam al-Haramayn. After the death of Al-Juwayni in 1085, Al-Ghazālī was invited to go to the court of Nizamul Mulk Tusi, the powerful vizier of the Seljuq sultans. The vizier was so impressed by Al-Ghazali's scholarship that in 1091 he appointed him as chief professor in the Nizamiyya of Baghdad.

He passed through a spiritual crisis in 1095 and abandoned his career and left Baghdad on the pretext of going on pilgrimage to Mecca. Making arrangements for his family, he disposed of his wealth and adopted the life of a poor Sufi. After some time in Damascus and Jerusalem, with a visit to Medina and Mecca in 1096, he settled in Tus to spend the next several years in seclusion. He ended his seclusion for a short lecturing period at the Nizamiyyah of Nishapur in 1106. Later he returned to Tus where he remained until his death in December, 1111. He had one son named Abdu'l Rahman Allam.

Briefly that is his life.. and this is supposed to be his picture

A good link to read about him.

Here is the PDF link of his book "Incoherence of the Philosophers" and this is the web site on him

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #33 - June 17, 2011, 01:28 AM

Thanky Yeez hugs

you haz the best posts ever!
  • Imam Al Ghazali
     Reply #34 - July 06, 2016, 08:00 PM

"ElRafa quotes Abū Ḥāmid Muḥammad ibn Muḥammad al-Ghazālī  to yeezevee

............"You should know that to ask questions about [religious and spiritual] issues is like narrating the diseases of the heart and its causes in front of a doctor (curer) of the heart. Furthermore, the efforts made by this doctor (curer) to cure the diseases of the heart, are like responding to the questions asked about [various] issues. You should have the certainty that ignorant people are like those patients who have a sickness (disease) in their hearts and [true] scholars are like doctors and curers. Imperfect scholars are not capable of curing [the diseases of the heart] and perfected scholar (Shaykh al-Kamil) can cure the diseases. Furthermore, [a perfected scholar] can find the [root] causes of the disease, but if the disease becomes worse and if its causes are not found then an expert doctor (curer) should be consulted who can tell that this disease can be cured and this disease cannot be cured with any medicine"..............-Ghazali

it is worth putting that here to discuss

• Imam Al Ghazali
     Reply #35 - August 13, 2016, 01:44 AM

imam ghazali was sufi.
    he wrote many books on relating to Sufism.
    I read his works, full of bullshits.
    not worth to read in modern day time.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
  • Imam Al Ghazali
     Reply #36 - August 13, 2016, 02:04 PM

imam ghazali was sufi.
    he wrote many books on relating to Sufism.
    I read his works, full of bullshits.
    not worth to read in modern day time.

so you mean to say  they were worthy for their times  but not now??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ouL4ZMEdIs

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »