Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Maryam Namazie's Speech at the International Athiest Alliance Conference, Dublin

(Read 9793 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Maryam Namazie's Speech at the International Athiest Alliance Conference, Dublin
     OP - June 14, 2011, 07:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui3sAKzpjQU

• Re: Maryam Namazie's Speech at the International Athiest Alliance Conference, Dublin
     Reply #1 - June 14, 2011, 01:28 PM

I do try to empathise with Muslims. But then they go and open their mouth and spoil it all.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • Re: Maryam Namazie's Speech at the International Athiest Alliance Conference, Dublin
     Reply #2 - June 14, 2011, 01:35 PM

I do try to empathise with Muslims. But then they go and open their mouth and spoil it all.

Lmao

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #3 - June 14, 2011, 02:16 PM

Islamophobes.. Islamophobes..Islamophobes..Islamophobes..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - June 16, 2011, 04:36 AM

This woman is a hero.  yes

And I love when she shut that man up.... He was going on way too long.  Roll Eyes

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in.
     Reply #5 - June 16, 2011, 07:11 PM

I am an Islamophobe. In the same way I am a Fascistophobe, a Tea Partyophobe, a National Frontophobe, or an (insert imbecilic ideology here)ophobe.

Reply #6 - June 16, 2011, 08:41 PM

I am an Islamophobe. In the same way I am a Fascistophobe, a Tea Partyophobe, a National Frontophobe, or an (insert imbecilic ideology here)ophobe.

you should read the link that is attached there on to those colored word "Islamophobe" dear Ishina., tehn tell what type of "Islamophobe" are you.. There are different types in that link..

Reply #7 - June 16, 2011, 08:46 PM

Which type do you think I am?

Reply #8 - June 17, 2011, 12:58 PM

you should read the link that is attached there on to those colored word "Islamophobe" dear Ishina., tehn tell what type of "Islamophobe" are you.. There are different types in that link..

Which type do you think I am?

You want me to judge you Ishina ?? You have so many "Phobias" ., well going through that link  I gave

it says at Runnymede Trust:

The Runnymede Trust has identified eight components that they say define Islamophobia.

This definition, from the 1997 document 'Islamophobia: A Challenge For Us All' is widely accepted, including by the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia. The eight components are:

1) Islam is seen as a monolithic bloc, static and unresponsive to change.

2) Islam is seen as separate and 'other'. It does not have values in common with other cultures, is not affected by them and does not influence them.

3) Islam is seen as inferior to the West. It is seen as barbaric, irrational, primitive and sexist.

4) Islam is seen as violent, aggressive, threatening, supportive of terrorism and engaged in a 'clash of civilisations'.

5) Islam is seen as a political ideology and is used for political or military advantage.

6) Criticisms made of the West by Islam are rejected out of hand.

7) Hostility towards Islam is used to justify discriminatory practices towards Muslims and exclusion of Muslims from mainstream society.

Cool Anti-Muslim hostility is seen as natural or normal.

So now tell me do yu have any of those 8 "Phobias"?? or would you like add or take away some from that list Ishina??

Reply #9 - June 17, 2011, 03:52 PM

1) Islam is seen as a monolithic bloc, static and unresponsive to change.

Doesn't think make a huge majority of devout Muslims Islamophobic? I mean the main tenets is that Islam is a undivided ummah that has one creed and changes ( innovations) are haram?

2) Islam is seen as separate and 'other'. It does not have values in common with other cultures, is not affected by them and does not influence them.

I understand the the 'other' from a basis of Orientalism, but isn't that what hardliner Muslims say?  That they are unique that their values do not change and are not influenced by others?

3) Islam is seen as inferior to the West. It is seen as barbaric, irrational, primitive and sexist

This I can understand as a holistic issue.  

5) Islam is seen as a political ideology and is used for political or military advantage.

Isn't this what Muslims say it is? A holistic political, economic, and social ideology?  

6) Criticisms made of the West by Islam are rejected out of hand.

This I can understand

7) Hostility towards Islam is used to justify discriminatory practices towards Muslims and exclusion of Muslims from mainstream society.

This I can understand, but exclusion from mainstream society is taught by the more hardline clerics.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #10 - June 17, 2011, 04:10 PM

You want me to judge you Ishina ??

Sure.

You have so many "Phobias"

I have no phobias.

So now tell me do yu have any of those 8 "Phobias"??

I dunno where phobia enters into it, but 1, 2, 3, and 5, are accurate descriptions of Islam. And 6 is something I should do more of.

or would you like add or take away some from that list Ishina??

I don't even know what it's supposed to be a list of.

Reply #11 - June 17, 2011, 04:20 PM

I have no phobias.

Huh!?? You told me that you are a "PHOBE" see this

Islamophobe will have Islamophobia
    Fascistophobe will have Fascistophobia
    Tea Partyophobe will have Tea Partyophobia.,

what is this tea party phobia? I like to have cup off tea with friends in the evenings.. there is something funny in that word Tea Partyophobe..

Well I am typing with one finger wand watching this lady Ishina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC6KdaLzjDY

that is a funnnnn.. she is smart..

Reply #12 - June 17, 2011, 04:33 PM

Huh!?? You told me that you are a "PHOBE" see thisIslamophobe will have Islamophobia
    Fascistophobe will have Fascistophobia
    Tea Partyophobe will have Tea Partyophobia.,

what is this tea party phobia? I like to have cup off tea with friends in the evenings.. there is something funny in that word Tea Partyophobe..

I just made them up, obviously.

Reply #13 - June 24, 2011, 02:46 AM

Maryam shows no mercy devil girl

"A belief in hell and the knowledge that every ambition is doomed to frustration at the hands of a skeleton have never prevented the majority of human beings from behaving as though death were no more than an unfounded rumour."
    Aldous Huxley
  • Maryam Namazie's Speech at the International Athiest Alliance Conference, Dublin
     Reply #14 - June 07, 2020, 01:20 PM

Maryam Namazie on refugees, identity politics and Black Lives Matter.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2549&feature=emb_title&v=Ai1dCe5UNpM

Thread: https://mobile.twitter.com/MaryamNamazie/status/1267728182238740483
    In 1991, I was beaten by NYPD at anti-Iraq War protest. Undercover agents threw something into parade, 18 of us were dragged over barricades fencing protesters in. One cop kicked me in face while I was on the ground; another jumped on my stomach with his knee. I was one of the War Parade 18, charged with offences such as resisting arrest with a sentence of 13 years in prison. The only reason we were not imprisoned was because of news footage that finally was found that showed police attacked us.

Reply #15 - June 07, 2020, 02:23 PM

an american phrase to comes to mind: stay in your lane.

iranians, ex-muslims, feminism, lgbqt activism, black rights.... maybe, the phrase should be: pick a lane.
     Reply #16 - November 22, 2020, 02:44 PM

an american phrase to comes to mind: stay in your lane.

iranians, ex-muslims, feminism, lgbqt activism, black rights.... maybe, the phrase should be: pick a lane.

woohoo  .. crumble is also here....I juts came to add a tube of discussion of Maryam here and I see crumble..

.Hi crumble ..    well there is a lane there ............. in those words.. ...........in your words.........,

you just have to pick it up  the right lane  dear crumble .. anyways let me add this tube here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2xZ2kMM7LI

that was Streamed live on Nov 17, 2020 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dNsgFrVZkc

and well let me add these links that discusses Maryam to this folder

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=29848.30
    https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=28484.0

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »