aka surah-54 of the book., But in CEMB we can not edit the post or any post if it is older than week or so., Let me dribble few words on what that surah-37 The Al-Qamar sayings..,
so what do we have in it? we have 054.027-031 filled with the story of some She Camel.., Story of Lut is mentioned in verses 054.033-035 and we have story of Firon in verses 054.040-040 and rest of verses are filled with violent seizure, warning....blinded the eyes and what nonsense for those folks who questioned Muhammad and his Islam at that time ., So where did these silly stories of Lut, She Camel, Firon come from? Well for that we need to read Tafsir.. and we swill do in time. But let us put that surah-38 here. that is funny In the book it is also put as chapter 38 with a name "Sad."
Ha it appears that is ONLY THE SURAH of Quarn which is put in the exactly same place as that revelation order.. I didn't realize until today..Miracle..Miracle and it has 88 verse
Suad, I swear by the Quran, full of admonition.
-Nay, but those who disbelieve are in false pride and schism.
-How many generations before them did We destroy? In the end they cried (for mercy)- when there was no longer time for being saved!
-And they wonder that there has come to them a warner from among themselves, and the disbelievers say: This IS an enchanter, a liar.
-What! makes the the gods a single Allah? A strange thing is this, to be sure!038.006- 010
- And the chief persons of them break forth, saying: Go and steadily adhere to your gods; this is most surely a thing sought after.
-We never heard of this in the former faith; this is nothing but a forgery:
- "What! has the Message been sent to him - (Of all persons) among us?"...but they are in doubt concerning My (Own) Message! Nay, they have not yet tasted My Punishment!
-Or have they the treasures of the mercy of thy Lord,- the Exalted in Power, the Grantor of Bounties without measure?
- Or is it that theirs is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth and what is between them? Then let them ascend by any038.011-016
-A host of deserters of the allies shall be here put to flight.
- Before them (were many who) rejected messengers,- the people of Noah, and 'Ad, and Pharaoh, the Lord of Stakes,
-And Samood and the people of Lut and the dwellers of the thicket; these were the parties.
- Not one (of them) but rejected the messengers, but My punishment came justly and inevitably (on them).
- Nor do these await aught but a single cry, there being no delay in it.
- And they say: O our Lord! hasten on to us our portion before the day of reckoning.038.017-023
-Bear patiently what they say, and remember Our servant Dawood, the possessor of power; surely he was frequent m returning (to Allah).
-Surely We made the mountains to sing the glory (of Allah) in unison with him at the evening and the sunrise,
-And the birds gathered together; all joined in singing with him.
-And We strengthened his kingdom and We gave him wisdom and a clear judgment.
- And has there come to you the story of the litigants, when they made an entry into the private chamber by ascending over the walls?
-When they entered in upon Dawood and he was frightened at them, they said: Fear not; two litigants, of whom one has acted wrongfully towards the other, therefore decide between us with justice, and do not act unjustly, and guide us to the right way.
-Surely this is my brother; he has ninety-nine ewes and I have a single ewe; but he said: Make it over to me, and he has prevailed against me in discourse.038.024-030
-(David) He said: Surely he has been unjust to you in demanding your ewe (to add) to his own ewes; and most surely most of the partners act wrongfully towards one another, save those who believe and do good, and very few are they; and Dawood was sure that We had tried him, so he sought the protection of his Lord and he fell down bowing and turned time after time (to Him).
-Therefore We rectified for him this, and most surely he had a nearness to Us and an excellent resort.
- o Dawood ! surely We have made you a ruler in the land; so judge between men with justice and do not follow desire, lest it should lead you astray from the path of Allah; (as for) those who go astray from the path of Allah, they shall surely have a severe punishment because they forgot the day of reckoning.
- And We did not create the heaven and the earth and what is between them in vain; that is the opinion of those who disbelieve then woe to those who disbelieve on account of the fire.
- Shall We treat those who believe and do good like the mischief-makers in the earth? Or shall We make those who guard (against evil) like the wicked?
- (It is) a Book We have revealed to you abounding in good that they may ponder over its verses, and that those endowed with understanding may be mindful.
- To David We gave Solomon (for a son),- How excellent in Our service! Ever did he turn (to Us)! 038.031-032
-When there were brought to him in the evening (horses) still when standing, swift when running--
- Then he said: Surely I preferred the good things to the remembrance of my Lord-- until the sun set and time for Asr prayer was over, (he said):038.033-038
-Bring them back to me; so he began to slash (their) legs and necks.
- And certainly We tried Sulaiman, and We put on his throne a (mere) body, so he turned (to Allah).
-He said: My Lord! do Thou forgive me and grant me a kingdom which is not fit for (being inherited by) anyone after me;
-Then We made the wind subservient to him; it made his command to run gently wherever he desired,
-And the shaitans, every builder and diver,
-And others fettered in chains.038.039-040
-This is Our free gift, therefore give freely or withhold, without reckoning.
-And he enjoyed, indeed, a Near Approach to Us, and a beautiful Place of (Final) Return.
YUSUFALI: Commemorate Our Servant Job. Behold he cried to his Lord: "The Evil One has afflicted me with distress and suffering!"
PICKTHAL: And make mention (O Muhammad) of Our bondman Job, when he cried unto his Lord (saying): Lo! the devil doth afflict me with distress and torment.
SHAKIR: And remember Our servant Ayyub, when he called upon his Lord: The Shaitan has afflicted me with toil and torment.
YUSUFALI: (The command was given:) "Strike with thy foot: here is (water) wherein to wash, cool and refreshing, and (water) to drink."
PICKTHAL: (And it was said unto him): Strike the ground with thy foot. This (spring) is a cool bath and a refreshing drink.
SHAKIR: Urge with your foot; here is a cool washing-place and a drink.
038.043 : And We gave him his family and the like of them with them, as a mercy from Us, and as a reminder to those possessed of understanding.
YUSUFALI: "And take in thy hand a little grass, and strike therewith: and break not (thy oath)." Truly We found him full of patience and constancy. How excellent in Our service! ever did he turn (to Us)!
PICKTHAL: And (it was said unto him): Take in thine hand a branch and smite therewith, and break not thine oath. Lo! We found him steadfast, how excellent a slave! Lo! he was ever turning in repentance (to his Lord).
SHAKIR: And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with It and do not break your oath; surely We found him patient; most excellent the servant! Surely he was frequent m returning (to Allah).
well that is how we can put quran verses together to make some sense and some story out of them., The translation of those 038.041 to 38.044 are is all over., each one of them talking slightly differently ..eg., 038.044 says
Now question is "BEAT WHO? who is that her? and why.. off course there is no "her" in other translations.. in such cases we have to go and read from horse mouth and that is going to be the translation from that Al-Azhar University or some one from that University of SAND LAND.. such as
., supposed to be the best translation(NOT SURE WHY) also we can cross check from the link