Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Happiest moments of your life

(Read 17105 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Happiest moments of your life
     OP - June 05, 2011, 11:22 AM

I don't know if this has been done, I am sure it has, but I am too lazy to search it out so lets mork and mindy, fresh prince, and friends it for awhile.....as in lets have a rerun.

I want to feel cheered by some positive moments, so share yours.

================================================

Memory 1

The day my middle child was born (was too out of it during the 1st and too depressed during the 3rd).  I felt such a rush of love for him when I first held him in my arms.  It had been quite emotional, he was born not breathing so naturally I was crying and afraid, but then they cleared his lungs and he cried and I held him.

You think its not magical but it is, I don't love often because it hurts in the end, but my love for him was so intense at that moment.  I was so happy to hold him and have him.

================================================

Memory 2

Not really one single memory, but those collective moments in which you are appreciated by your friends.  It matters to me that my real friends love me, and I work hard to be a good friend.  I love my friends too.  So when they show that appreciation back, well it makes me happy.  It makes me flush.

I have 3 close friends who describe me as the best friend they have ever had, and yea, I feel warm and fuzzy inside because I am loved by some.  Something I too often forget when I am down or looking for love in the wrong places, forgetting the people who love me already.  These moments make me feel goooooooood.

==================================================

Memory 3

That time my father was proud of me because I lectured him on his islamically innapropriate behaviour, and he felt pride because I was religious.  I don't feel warm and fuzzy from the belief I had then, but he was proud of me for a moment in time and that felt good.  Just that moment.  I could rip it apart in a heartbeat now, turn it into a bad memory for what it represents.  There are many good memories I won't share because they hurt, but I won't do that with this one.

It always made me feel good to have my father feel pride.  LOL as the black sheep of the family, that ain't ever happening again.  Grin

===============================================

Memory 4

My first orgasm.

I was 19, so it was a long wait lol although the one time I almost had one I panicked and stopped having sex because it felt like a dream I had had once at 15  (I think I came in my sleep at 15).  Anyway, so 1st time it almost happened and freaked and was like get the fuck off me, and didn;t let it happen.

But this guy, man was he good in bed, refused to let me move from the bed, and bob is your uncle I got my first orgasm.  I lay there spaced out and smiling for ages after hahaha.  Seriously best moment ever.

Orgasms have been better since no doubt, but that 1st one holds a special place in my heart for how stupid my grin was after. 

Ok, you guys share.  Uplift this house, what moments still make you smile and feel warm inside?

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Re: Happiest moments of your life
     Reply #1 - June 05, 2011, 11:48 AM

When I was 9 my uncle died and I didn't see my Mum for 8 weeks as she had to go abroad to attend his funeral and spend time with family in the aftermath and get his affairs in order. I had never been apart from her for so long before, and when I saw her at the airport after she came back, was the happiest moment in my life. It was like that scene in The Railway Children  Grin

I suppose everyone with kids will say their happiest moments were their kids being born, but I'm looking forward to that, hasn't happened yet, but the days my nieces and nephews were born were really fantastic too.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - June 05, 2011, 11:51 AM

Walking out of my door on a cold, bright day and seeing the chimneys of Battersea power station framed by two lines of cherry trees.

Drinking beer and laughing till my sides split (many times) in the verandah of a shop on a small Caribbean island.

Talking to my girlfriend yesterday on Skype - love, hope and plans for the future.
     Reply #3 - June 05, 2011, 11:56 AM

When I was 9 my uncle died and I didn't see my Mum for 8 weeks as she had to go abroad to attend his funeral and spend time with family in the aftermath and get his affairs in order. I had never been apart from her for so long before, and when I saw her at the airport after she came back, was the happiest moment in my life. It was like that scene in The Railway Children Grin

I suppose everyone with kids will say their happiest moments were their kids being born, but I'm looking forward to that, hasn't happened yet, but the days my nieces and nephews were born were really fantastic too.

Awww  Cheesy  that is so god damn cute I am can see it now lol  Tongue

Which reminds me of other happy memories.

Memory 5

The times my dad would collect me and my sisters from the children's home (4-7ys old) and take us to his house for the weekend.  He was so different then, used to drink (he made me sip beer lol) and used to do our birthdays and xmas's for us.

He even dated a woman from my childrens home and she used to come over too.  He was so nice then.  Those were some of my happy moments.  We were quite happy.  Wish he never dumped that woman and married my step mum, stupidest thing he ever did.

But still, those weekends were awesome.  He used to take us to watch him play football at wormwood scrubs (not the prison but near it) and I would hang out with the other moroccan kids who also had westernised fathers.

Good times.  <3

Reply #4 - June 05, 2011, 11:57 AM

Talking to my girlfriend yesterday on Skype - love, hope and plans for the future.

<3 good luck with those plans, I love happy endings.  Smiley

Reply #5 - June 05, 2011, 12:08 PM

When i became the first child in our house to pass WAEC(equivalent to GCSE) with flying colours after two of my elder brothers and cousins that stayed in our house failed woefully,no F's or D's but only A's and C's. My dad was very proud back then.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #6 - June 05, 2011, 12:10 PM

Yea lol my dad was proud of my grades back then too, always makes you feel good as a child.  Smiley

Reply #7 - June 05, 2011, 12:26 PM

OK, this is my happiest romantic moment.

My first real love affair. Summertime. To cut a long story short, we were apart for reasons beyond our control for the whole summer. So we counted down the days until we would be together again. About 6 0r 7 weeks. Just before the days of e-mail ubiquity and mobile phones. So we wrote letters, and walked to public phoneboxes to communicate. It was agony being apart. Lots of tearful phonecalls, as the beeps came when our final ten pence pieces ran out in the payphones.

So I managed to hustle things so I could return early. Saturday morning, hot summers day, I caught the train and called her, and said that I wouldn't even be able to come down the following weekend as planned for a brief weekend rendezvous, which was the only thing keeping us alive over this long spell apart. In fact, there was a chance that because of various complications I invented for maximum effect, I wouldn't be able to see her for maybe 10 or 12 weeks.

All this time, I'm giggling inside, a shameless manipulating wind-up merchant, wanting to extract every sadism of pleasure I can from our meeting. She was bereft, tearful, depressed. I said goodbye, walked from the station towards her place, popped into an early opening pub, had a couple of drinks, smiling like a mad man. I don't know why I cranked her up like that, it just seemed fun. Then I went to her place, rang the buzzer. Her sister answered and let me in. My girlfriend was still lying in bed, sulking, and I crawled into bed with her.

Best happy romantic moment of my life that one, probably.

God is Love.

Reply #8 - June 05, 2011, 12:32 PM

<3 good luck with those plans, I love happy endings.  Smiley

Thanks. It's fairly miraculous, yes. In a very calm, easy sort of way.
     Reply #9 - June 05, 2011, 12:34 PM

My first real love affair. Summertime. To cut a long story short, we were apart for reasons beyond our control for the whole summer. So we counted down the days until we would be together again. About 6 0r 7 weeks. Just before the days of e-mail ubiquity and mobile phones. So we wrote letters, and walked to public phoneboxes to communicate. It was agony being apart. Lots of tearful phonecalls, as the beeps came when our final ten pence pieces ran out in the payphones.

So I managed to hustle things so I could return early. Saturday morning, hot summers day, I caught the train and called her, and said that I wouldn't even be able to come down the following weekend as planned for a brief weekend rendezvous, which was the only thing keeping us alive over this long spell apart. In fact, there was a chance that because of various complications I invented for maximum effect, I wouldn't be able to see her for maybe 10 or 12 weeks.

All this time, I'm giggling inside, a shameless manipulating wind-up merchant, wanting to extract every sadism of pleasure I can from our meeting. She was bereft, tearful, depressed. I said goodbye, walked from the station towards her place, popped into an early opening pub, had a couple of drinks, smiling like a mad man. I don't know why I cranked her up like that, it just seemed fun. Then I went to her place, rang the buzzer. Her sister answered and let me in. My girlfriend was still lying in bed, sulking, and I crawled into bed with her.

BILLY! That's so cute ^.^ and romanitc and sweet and....and..... awwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ^.^

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #10 - June 05, 2011, 12:45 PM

+1

Didn't realise you had that in you Billy  Wink

Hi
     Reply #11 - June 05, 2011, 12:53 PM

BILLY! That's so cute ^.^ and romanitc and sweet and....and..... awwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ^.^

Agreed.  Romance is not dead, Billy just stole it all.  Tongue

Reply #12 - June 05, 2011, 12:57 PM

Nice stories all.  Smiley

In fact, there was a chance that because of various complications I invented for maximum effect, I wouldn't be able to see her for maybe 10 or 12 weeks.

You cruel such and such!  Tongue
     Reply #13 - June 05, 2011, 12:58 PM

Well, we split up the following summer so I'm obviously not all that  Grin

God is Love.

Reply #14 - June 05, 2011, 12:59 PM

Nice stories all.  Smiley

You cruel such and such!  Tongue

But it was such exquiste anticipation, to heighten her joy! Its all part of the fun and games of being in love.

God is Love.

Reply #15 - June 05, 2011, 01:17 PM

When I left Islam! There was a particular moment when I had this train of thought:

- Wow, I'm free to make my own thoughts and ideas! Not just rationalizations!
    - Wow, I actually DON'T know what life is all about! Now I can start figuring it out!
    - Wow, I'm actually allowed to love and party and have sex (and have gay sex) and have fun and smile and dance and listen to music and not pray 5 times a day like a lifeless automaton!
    - (ashamedly for a second I thought about all the bad, immoral things I could do with no consequences in the afterlife, things I sometimes guiltily fantasized about as a Muslim, like rape, steal and pillage -- you can thank the Marquis of Sade for this moment. Anyway, later I stopped viewing morality as based on a reward-punishment system as Islam had led me to believe, and started being a humanist. Very ashamedly, I don't feel bad for doing bad things. I feel bad for feeling cognitive dissonance, which led me to leave Islam in the first place. So yes, I'm one of those people who would have done terrible things if they rationally thought they were the right thing to do. Make sense? Like, I just don't feel sympathy on an emotional level, just on an intellectual level (which led me to sympathize with Israel/condemned apostates/homosexuals. Not because it's *bad* to harm them but because it doesn't make sense). *Gah* I'm such a terrible person.)

In a nutshell, it was an experience of intellectual liberation, emotional liberation and sensual liberation. Obviously leaving Islam isn't something that happens bayna laylatin wa dhu7aaha, it takes time, but for me that moment of *realizing* that I was free was absolutely exhilarating.

Anyway, I'm not a saint, I'm not perfect. Just trying to be honest to myself about what I feel.

Also, sorry for my nested parentheses Tongue

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #16 - June 05, 2011, 01:54 PM

But it was such exquiste anticipation, to heighten her joy! Its all part of the fun and games of being in love.

Calculated self-indulgence! Tongue
    It didn't heighten her joy, it made her cry ... in bed!  wacko
    I'm all for making a girls mind explode in anticipation though!  grin12

But I suppose you did well to heighten her joy afterwards I presume! Grin
     Reply #17 - June 05, 2011, 04:08 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwh! 001_wub

====================================================
    Happiest memory #1

When i was a little girl and was the only child at the time, my dad used to bring me loads of dolls and toys every day from work. One time my mum was in labor in hospital with my sister, and my dad came home later than usual, and i was sitting in my bedroom waiting for my toys. I heard him come home and rushed down to hug him, he was tired and hadn't bought me anything, i was just happy to see my dad and clung on to him. Next thing you know he magically pulls out a big black bag overflowing with dolls and toys. I was the happiest kid ever. Ever since then i've been my daddy's lil girl.

===================================================

Happiest memory #2

While i was growing up, i was in love with books from the moment i could start reading, so i guess that would be at the age of 4? My dad loved this about me, and in fact still does, he calls me a book nerd. He would buy me dozens of books, and he'd surprise me by bringing me home the whole Harry Potter series, which i finished reading in one summer. So this one time i was reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, on a summer evening in my bedroom and there was still sunlight outside. My dad saw me engrossed in my book and rushed out to go somewhere, couple of hours later, when the sun had set and there was very little light left, my dad came back and saw me sitting in the same place, still so engrossed in my book that i hadn't even noticed it was dark. His ecstatic response at this always leaves me with a proud feeling that i was once his proud lil daughter.

====================================================

Happiest memory #3

On my 17th birthday i had the best day at school, and i came home beaming with a grin on my face, with my hands full of birthday presents from my friends. I was already so content with the perfect birthday i had had. That I found myself wondering who was at the door only just 10 minutes later of getting home.  As i went to open the door i saw all of my friends with balloons and confetti singing happy birthday at my door step, while the road was full of traffic and school kids. Gosh i felt like the most loved and happiest girl on Earth. I hadn't even realised that my friends and family had arranged a surprise birthday party for me that day and it was definitely the epitome of birthdays.
     Reply #18 - June 05, 2011, 05:00 PM

I don't know

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
     Reply #19 - June 05, 2011, 06:58 PM

Running away, at 20, across the atlantic with nothing put a bundle of clothes and a guitar, to be with my love.

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #20 - June 05, 2011, 07:09 PM

When I stopped peeking through the keyhole and opened the door.
     Reply #21 - June 05, 2011, 07:26 PM

When I stopped peeking through the keyhole and opened the door.

You do seem to have the odd moment of geniusness.
     Reply #22 - June 05, 2011, 07:47 PM

You seem to have more than the odd moment of making up words. Tongue The 'ness' is redundant.
     Reply #23 - June 05, 2011, 07:49 PM

You seem to have more than the odd moment of making up words.  The 'ness' is redundant.

Your post is redundant Tongue

I am an inventor, a revolutionist, an extraordinary being, i create my own words and my own meanings Tongue
     Reply #24 - June 05, 2011, 07:53 PM

Your face is redundant.
     Reply #25 - June 05, 2011, 07:54 PM

Your existence is redundant.
     Reply #26 - June 06, 2011, 09:00 AM

Billy and z10 <3 <3 <3

First time I attended a metal concert.
    All the times I attended metal concerts.
    All the times I've been to the cold north.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #27 - June 06, 2011, 09:55 AM

‘Black bastard.’
    ‘You what?’ I replied, still smiling, still buzzing from what had happened to me in the club. I’d just had the happiest three hours of my little life, in the arms of Lucy, and I wasn’t going to let this random guy spoil that for me.
    ‘I said BLACK BASTARD.’
    ‘Oh thanks,’ I replied, still smiling.
    It was at this moment that I noticed that there was a girl there also, holding the hand of the guy who had insisted on rudely stopping me, on my blissful walk back home from the club. I did well to notice her because I had very little focus left, being drunk on the umpteen pints I had consumed, to add to the Lucy love that was still affecting my brain. This girl that I was looking across at seemed very concerned about something.
    ‘Now you’re fucking looking at my woman...black bastard.’
    ‘Here have a chip mate, chill out?’
    It was at this moment that he lost it. I clearly remember that there were around 5 metres between us during our whole exchange. But this guy somehow managed to cross this distance, in what seemed like a split second. He was amazing. He floated across the space between us like someone naturally born to majestically defy the matrix we live in, with consummate ease and consummate grace. I was in awe of this wonderful man.

Not sure how it happened, because everything happened so quickly. But I ended up on the floor, sat on my bum, with a fresh bruise starting to develop just below my right eye. I looked up at the man who had done this to me. I looked across also at the girl who stood beside him, who was crying now for some reason. I looked at the chips that I had lost, and wondered if I would be able to still scavenge a few. At this point, I remember smiling. Because Lucy had told me that she fancied the pants off me tonight. And I had liked Lucy since we had both started school together, at the age of 5. She was an angel. And tonight, she had been my angel….I looked again at the guy stood over me. And again, I smiled. I don’t think he liked me smiling, because that was enough for him to come in to try to finish me off…

That was, by far, the happiest night of my life.

Hi
     Reply #28 - June 06, 2011, 09:59 AM

mysmilie_977

You write so amazingly Musivore 001_wub

Lucy was one lucky girl, i hope she knew that Smiley
     Reply #29 - June 06, 2011, 10:10 AM

I was so lucky to have had those three hours with her. I never saw her again because we both went off to uni, in different directions, just one week later.

Hi
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »