Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Just found out - Jews pray similar to Muslims!

(Read 8715 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Just found out - Jews pray similar to Muslims!
     OP - June 02, 2011, 06:31 AM

I never knew this, but Jews pray in a very similar way that Muslims do. Maybe Mohammed copied the prayer from them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNxLF0ILFgw
  • Re: Just found out - Jews pray similar to Muslims!
     Reply #1 - June 02, 2011, 09:01 AM

This is the first video I saw about Jewish prayer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlmaFLmv0jQ

I was shocked when I first saw the similarity, it seemed Islamic prayer was just a Chinese whispers version of ancient Jewish prayer. 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #2 - June 02, 2011, 09:59 AM

I never knew this, but Jews pray in a very similar way that Muslims do. Maybe Mohammed copied the prayer from them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNxLF0ILFgw

I was shocked when I first saw the similarity, it seemed Islamic prayer was just a Chinese whispers version of ancient Jewish prayer.  

Cheesy Cheesy.. Oh  boy!.. It is actually very good thread., an it is another proof that some wild pagan  baboon stole Jewish rituals, Jewish scriptures and ran away to start his own religion to fit his life style  adding some of his own rules and rituals.  That was my original thought as I was more familiar with hadith rules than Quran. But after reading Quran carefully I am of the opinion may be there was no Muhammad etal.. and Islam has multiple Muhammad characters /stories of Muhammad characters..

let us add more of those  Jewish Prayers..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flZs_514RY0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmEoSI7HEBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSWwVinHQfw

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - June 02, 2011, 10:49 AM

Islam is very self conscious and anxious about its Jewish - Christian plaigarism (although in denial about its paganism), thats why it has such a highly developed and neurotic 'replacement' theology.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #4 - June 02, 2011, 10:59 AM

Wow, I never knew they were so similar! Heck, I never even considered a Jewish prayer existed!
     Reply #5 - June 02, 2011, 01:09 PM

Islam is very self conscious and anxious about its Jewish - Christian plaigarism (although in denial about its paganism), thats why it has such a highly developed and neurotic 'replacement' theology.

Not only Islamic theology shows the glimpses of  Neurosis in  Quran & hadith but this    mental disorders involving distress  of Past is shown in those who converted in to Islam for one reason or other. These people also become very neurotic, You can see that even in 21st century well educated converts . They become more Islamic than those who are born and spent whole  life in it...   lol.. It is indeed a classical  mental disorder..

Well indeed many readers are NOT familiar with Jewish Prayers and rituals .. they should read a bit of introduction at wiki

Reply #6 - June 02, 2011, 01:34 PM

Decent references on List of Jewish prayers and blessings

Reply #7 - June 02, 2011, 01:37 PM

yeezevee:
    The one video you posted with the dancing jews reminded about these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncQi1FGYL9U

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #8 - June 02, 2011, 01:42 PM

yeezevee:
    The one video you posted with the dancing jews reminded about these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncQi1FGYL9U

Cheesy Cheesy

lol.. some of you who are interested in inter-religious discussion/understanding should  read these threads of "The Cat"

Muhammad -Myth vs Reality.

MECCA -Myth vs Reality: In Search of Mt Sinai!

Reply #9 - June 05, 2011, 08:19 PM

I was shocked too, did know there was a Jewish prayer similar to the Islamic one. But it makes sense as Medina was a Jewish town before it got taken over by Muhammad and his followers.

Through Logic, truth can be ascertained.
     Reply #10 - June 06, 2011, 03:45 AM

There is no surprise that they are similar they are practically the same faith only with slight difference. Heck even Jesus himself prayed similar to that of the Islamic faith. I know it's easy to say Prophet Muhammed(PBUH) copied them but that is not the case he was told to this prayer ritual from Allah(S.W.T) (God) the same God who told the People of the Book to pray as such. So it's no surprise to see the people of the book prayer similar to that of Muslims.
     Reply #11 - June 06, 2011, 06:11 AM

Riiighhttt...... or it could be that he just copied the Jews. 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #12 - June 06, 2011, 08:01 AM

Not only Islamic theology shows the glimpses of  Neurosis in  Quran & hadith but this    mental disorders involving distress  of Past is shown in those who converted in to Islam for one reason or other. These people also become very neurotic, You can see that even in 21st century well educated converts . They become more Islamic than those who are born and spent whole  life in it...   lol.. It is indeed a classical  mental disorder..

Lmao

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #13 - June 06, 2011, 09:37 AM

Heck even Jesus himself prayed similar to that of the Islamic faith.

Retrospective Islamic theology in full effect  Afro

God is Love.

Reply #14 - June 06, 2011, 12:47 PM

There is no surprise that they are similar they are practically the same faith only with slight difference. Heck even Jesus himself prayed similar to that of the Islamic faith. I know it's easy to say Prophet Muhammed(PBUH) copied them but that is not the case he was told to this prayer ritual from Allah(S.W.T) (God) the same God who told the People of the Book to pray as such. So it's no surprise to see the people of the book prayer similar to that of Muslims.

No it is Muslims who are Copying because the Jews and Jesus came first.
    You can't copy something that dose not exist.
    Islam religions answer the cheap Chinese knock-off's
     Reply #15 - June 06, 2011, 12:56 PM

hey! he says that they took directions from the common abrahamic god! So no one copied! LOL!

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #16 - June 07, 2011, 03:50 AM

I was shocked too, did know there was a Jewish prayer similar to the Islamic one. But it makes sense as Medina was a Jewish town before it got taken over by Muhammad and his followers.

Just today I reading the "Testament of Abraham" written in the 1st CE and it I came accross the concept of angels writing down your deeds which will be weighed on judgement day.  The testament reads as follows:

"Deeds good and evil are recorded by two angels and the soul is weighed.
    This is “judgment and recompense” (12:15b). A soul is brought forward, but when the book is
    opened, “he found its sins and righteous deeds to be equally balanced, and he neither turned it
    over to the torturers nor (placed it among) those who were being saved, but he set it in the
    middle” (12:18). Abraham is informed that this judge is Abel, who “sits here to judge the entire
    creation, examining both righteous and sinners” (13:3a; note the universal scope of this
    judgment). Then Abraham is informed of the different judgments all humans are to face. "

Then when we cross reference the Koran, we find the same thing:

7:8 The weighing on that day is the true (weighing). As for those whose scale is heavy, they are the successful.

7:9 And as for those whose scale is light: those are they who lose their souls because they disbelieved Our revelations.
     Reply #17 - June 07, 2011, 03:52 AM

God needs to make up his mind then... why have an entirely new religion and prophet when you could just have one.   Huh? Not to mention scorning and killing people who share the same God. >_>;; hmm something is not right here.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #18 - June 07, 2011, 04:15 AM

God needs to make up his mind then... why have an entirely new religion and prophet when you could just have one.   Huh? Not to mention scorning and killing people who share the same God. >_>;; hmm something is not right here.

Why not? Why should God work on our terms? If God wanted this earth to be perfect he would. But he didn't. So asking why hadn't he is a irrelevant question because the answer has no positive effect for us. We could sit here and think of many "Why couldn't god do this?" questions. But in the end it doesn't really do as any good as that has no relevance to the current situation we are in.

Not to mention scorning and killing people who share the same God. >_>;; hmm something is not right here.

First of all you make the assumption that God told those to kill without bring forth the actual context in it is intended to be in. If my understanding is correct the "people who share the same God" are the "People of the book" as noted in the Quran. I'm I right on this?

The Quran clearly states killing not allowed except in a these conditions.

1. War(Don't need to tell you why on this one)
    2. Punishment(If the person caught doing of a crime that equates he's death or eye for a eye)
    3. Self Defense(Obviously this isn't a offensive action as such it really isn't a exception more of a pardon/forgiveness.
     Reply #19 - June 07, 2011, 09:16 AM

2. Punishment(If the person caught doing of a crime that equates he's death or eye for a eye)
    3. Self Defense(Obviously this isn't a offensive action as such it really isn't a exception more of a pardon/forgiveness.

Eternity  you have NOT read Quran in its entirety and you have not read first 100 yearsof Islami history.. READ QURAN., at least read that link of 7 pages backward..

with best regards
    yeezevee

Reply #20 - June 07, 2011, 12:54 PM

Why not? Why should God work on our terms? If God wanted this earth to be perfect he would. But he didn't. So asking why hadn't he is a irrelevant question because the answer has no positive effect for us. We could sit here and think of many "Why couldn't god do this?" questions. But in the end it doesn't really do as any good as that has no relevance to the current situation we are in.

First of all you make the assumption that God told those to kill without bring forth the actual context in it is intended to be in. If my understanding is correct the "people who share the same God" are the "People of the book" as noted in the Quran. I'm I right on this?

Did your prophet Mohammad fight all his wars in self-defense?
     Reply #21 - June 07, 2011, 05:49 PM

Didn't Mohammad kill a bunch of Jews, raped their women and enslave their children. That sounds more like orders from Shaitan than the work of Merciful God' How do you make the distinction between two? Coming from a Christian background we're taught God/Jesus is forgiving and always Benevolent. Jesus never lead any wars or killed anyone. Islam is really far from that theory, despite Christianity being it's sister religion. I find that disappointing.

Reply #22 - June 07, 2011, 05:54 PM

Coming from a Christian background we're taught God/Jesus is forgiving and always Benevolent.

Look, Sakura, you're right about the nature of the Islamic version of god if we examine these issues in the round, especially the life of Mohammad and incidents like you mention. And quite a few schools of Christianity have taken a more benign conception of God, through humanistic evolution and some through embarassment at the disconnect between claims of compassion being at the heart of Christianity, and the thought of God as a torturing, hell-fire burning tyrant who sends you to hell if you didn't accept him as your 'true father'. Be honest, there is still a constituency in Christianity for a God that says, Mahatma Gandhi burns in hell, simply because he was not a Christian.

God is Love.

Reply #23 - June 07, 2011, 06:00 PM

Heck even Jesus himself prayed similar to that of the Islamic faith.

Did he? Is there some genuine evidence that Jesus even existed let alone prayed Islam style.

Don't get me wrong I do like the idea of Jesus. He was a communist, a revolutionary and a hardcore atheist. What is there not to like?
     Reply #24 - June 07, 2011, 06:08 PM

There is evidence that Jesus existed, but none that he prayed Islamic style.  And sadly, none that he was a communist, revolutionary or hardcore atheist either.  He was an apocalyptic Jewish preacher from first century Galilee who expected the world to end in his lifetime.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #25 - June 07, 2011, 06:13 PM

Don't get me wrong I do like the idea of Jesus. He was a communist, a revolutionary and a hardcore atheist. What is there not to like?

Was he hell. He was a sandal wearing hippy beardo.

God is Love.

Reply #26 - June 07, 2011, 06:27 PM

Hmm I don't remember Jesus condemning anyone to hell. It was the catholic church who twisted things to their own benefits. Jesus said "he who has not sinned cast the first stone" heck one of his disciples was a prostitute. And he took her under his care. I'm not Christian anymore but I support its ideology a lot more than Islam. Or rather Jesus's ideology, unlike Mohammad he didn't demand riches, he wasn't egotistical he walked around in rags preaching to people how to live with each other, not submit. The words love and compassion are found repeatedly in the Bible but are seldom in the Qu'ran.

Reply #27 - June 07, 2011, 06:29 PM

Was he hell. He was a sandal wearing hippy beardo.

+1

Reply #28 - June 07, 2011, 06:31 PM

You two must be taking your image of Jesus from Jesus Christ Superstar.  In the Gospels he is an apocalyptic, end times preacher.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #29 - June 07, 2011, 06:37 PM

Hmm I don't remember Jesus condemning anyone to hell. It was the catholic church who twisted things to their own benefits.

I'm not one for ignoring religion as it has been practised and institutionalised.

For most of its 2000 year history, the Christian conception of god was brutal and cruel to those who were not accepting of it. Until recently, when intellect, embarassment, and secularism and the enlightenment forced it to reform itself, this old school torturing and cruel, judgmental and tyrannical version of God was absolutely the mainstream. And even though we now how a 'tolerant' god-conception in secularised Christianity, there are still large constituencies where the old version still remains. That, you cannot deny.

Now, it may well be that Jesus's 'life' as it is told, the narrative of his life, makes it easier to reform Christianity from the Josef Fritzl version of god to something more amenable to modern humanist ethics, than Mohammad's narrative, and the way that Islam is today, and its near idol-worship of him. Thats another thing than how we talk about the Christian god, which is still a contested temper and personality.

God is Love.

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »