Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Myth of Mecca-the Myth of Muhammad and The Myths in Islam...

(Read 33833 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Myth of Mecca-the Myth of Muhammad and The Myths in Islam...
     Reply #30 - June 23, 2018, 06:19 PM

Why did Stop Spamming repeatedly mention the Muslim Brotherhood?

Why don't you ask me?

I mention the Muslim Brotherhood a lot because they are a central distribution point of Islamic strategy worldwide. If people are not aware of this, I am more than happy to discuss this and exchange views and information. Maybe you should read what is available, at least what I found, the strategy on expansion in North America.

-- Abdul Ala al-Ma'arri --
    There are two classes of men: intelligent men without religion and religious men without intelligence.
     Reply #31 - June 23, 2018, 07:30 PM

Maybe you should read what is available, at least what I found, the strategy on expansion in North America.

^ Pls share.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #32 - June 23, 2018, 08:40 PM

It's 32 pages. Ah, found a link.

https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2013/05/25/an-explanatory-memorandum-from-the-archives-of-the-muslim-brotherhood-in-america/

There are two classes of men: intelligent men without religion and religious men without intelligence.
     Reply #33 - June 23, 2018, 08:44 PM

Thank you.

Also, what do you think of SPLC's characterization of CSP?

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #34 - June 23, 2018, 08:50 PM

Sorry, I have insufficient information to enable an opinion. I would need to read up on this to understand what this is all about.

Reply #35 - June 23, 2018, 09:03 PM

They categorize the Center for Security Policy as one of those loony organizations (ex. Jihad Watch, Stop Islamization of America) that spew nonsense about stealth jihad, taqiyya, and what have you.

Is that a mischaracterization?

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #36 - June 23, 2018, 09:08 PM

Sorry, I have insufficient information to enable an opinion. I would need to read up on this to understand what this is all about.

ah  Ha!  StopS  is here .. glad to read him...  Well  reading that link of  olweasel  is few minutes job........ SPLC's characterization of CSP?   So pleas read it .,

anyways.. this  subject  you guys debating.... Muslim Brothel hood or centerforsecuritypolicy.org  are  entirely different and far away from the subject of The Myth of Mecca-the Myth of Muhammad and The Myths in Islam

any way welcome to the den..
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #37 - June 24, 2018, 05:37 PM

Getting back on topic...

I fail to see how stating that there is no evidence for the existence of the Muhammad as described in the sunnah is an oversimplification. I think it is very precise and accurate.

What about documents like the Constitution of Medina or letters to the heads of state?

Were those forged? Or not strong enough evidence?

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #38 - June 24, 2018, 06:10 PM

Getting back on topic...
    What about documents like the Constitution of Medina or letters to the heads of state?

Were those forged? Or not strong enough evidence?

yes.. yes  good point  olweasel

letters and letter writing is important.............

The letters of the prophet Muhammad(Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) To the kings beyond Arabia Late in the six year A.H., on his return from Hudaibiyah, the Prophet Muhammad , decided to send messages to the kings beyond Arabia calling them to Islam.
    In order to authenticate the credentials of his envoys,
    a silver seal was made in which were graven the words:
    "Muhammad the Messenger of Allâh"  

[Sahih Al-Bukhari 2/872,873]

Hmmm....  Quran is oral.... Hadith is Anal...I wonder what they used to write Prophet Muhammad PBUH  letters...  Hands ??  or...

Reply #39 - June 25, 2018, 11:53 AM

What about them? These are claims. Did ibn Ishaq really write something? What letters? All we have is hearsay. No, the answer is no, this is hardly evidence.
    I expect more tangible evidence, attested by multiple sources. Like we have of Alexander or Julius Caesar.
    Sorry, I am not aware of any real evidence that would convince me the Muhammad of the sunnah really existed.

Reply #40 - June 25, 2018, 03:19 PM

Is that a blog?

QSE  asks about this
    Cheesy  lol............  boy that is just few days hold

Javed Mahmood  1 day ago :

Well I understood that historicity of Muhammed is now both a raising & burning question. Let's forget about Qur'an, Hadith, or the early biography of seventh century, not to mention the museum where you still can see almost everything he used to use from cloths to his belongings. Let us also Ignore his grave in Madina, one step forward let's ignore the Jewish written documents of Yemen.

But I would like to point out one single written document from Sebeos who was an early seventh century Armenian bishop, and written down major events of 5th and 6th centuries as Chronicles.

Let's look at the DEPARTMENT III.Chapter XXX.

"At the same time, one of the sons of Ismail himself, named Mahmet Թանգանկար appeared to them, as if by the command of God, to preach the paths of truth between them, and taught them to know the God of Abraham. He was well versed in the history of Moses. Since the command was from above, then according to a single command, everyone turned to the unity of belief and left their vain services, they turned to the living God who appeared to their father, Abraham.

Magomed legislated: do not eat carrion; do not drink wine; not to lie and not to commit adultery. He said: "God vowed this country to Abraham and his descendants after him, to eternal times. He fulfilled all that was promised, as long as he loved Israel. You are also Abraham's children. In your face, God will fulfill his vow to Abraham and his descendants; only love the God of Abraham, go and take the land that God gave to your father, Abraham. No one can resist you by war because God is with you. "
    Now what do you need more? A photograph? An Audio recording!
    The guy above provided so many false information about the basics of Islamic theology that I question myself- Is these are the reasons Muslims turn away from their religion? These are not only rubbish arguments but almost stupid in nature.

hmmm..

No  that is not from blog dear QSE .. it is under your post video link  

but it is worth exploring and  i must answer those questions of Javed Mahmood

Hmm   this is good one...

EACH nation has created a god, and the god has always resembled his creators. He hated and loved what they hated and loved, and he  was invariably found on  the side of those in power. Each god was intensely patriotic,and detested all   nations but his   own. All these gods demanded praise, flattery, and worship. Most of them were pleased with sacrifice, and the smell of   innocent blood has ever been considered a divine perfume.

All these gods have insisted upon having a vast number of  priests, and the priests have always insisted upon being supported by  the   people, and the   principal business of  these priests has been to  boast about their god,and to insist that he  could easily vanquish all   the other gods put together.  These gods have been manufactured after numberless models,and according to   the most grotesque fashions. Some have a thousand arms,some a hundred heads,some are adorned with necklaces of  living snakes, some are armed with clubs, some with sword and shield, some with bucklers, and some have  wings as  a cherub; some were invisible, some would show themselves entire, and some would only show their backs ;some were jealous, some were foolish, some turned themselves into men, some into swans, some in to bulls, some into doves, and some into Holy Ghosts, and made love to  the   beautiful daughters of  men. Some were married— all   ought to  have been—and some were considered as  old   bachelors from all   eternity. Some had children, and the   children were turned into gods and worshiped as   their fathers had been .Most of   these gods were revengeful, savage, lustful, and ignorant. As  they generally depended upon their priests for information, their ignorance can hardly excite our astonishment.

These gods did not even know the shape of the worlds they had created, but supposed them perfectly flat

Reply #41 - June 27, 2018, 12:49 PM

I am new to this particular group? What have I missed?
     Reply #42 - June 27, 2018, 05:43 PM

What letters? All we have is hearsay. No, the answer is no, this is hardly evidence.

Letters like the following:

^ This was allegedly written to the governor of Bahrain.

Is this letter authentic? Or was it invented later on?

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #43 - June 27, 2018, 11:57 PM

The letter is hardly genuine. Most - if not all - scholars would reject these letters as later writings. As you can see, the scripts is not hijazid and thus cannot be from the time of Muhammad. Although, I should mention that there is a recent study arguing for the authenticity of these letters:

Ahmed El-Wakil - The Prophet’s Treaty with the Christians of Najran: An Analytical Study to Determine the Authenticity of the Covenants, Journal of Islamic Studies, Volume 27, Issue 3, 1 September 2016, Pages 273–354. Accessible: http://sci-hub.tw/https://doi.org/10.1093/jis/etw027

Reply #44 - June 27, 2018, 11:59 PM

StopS - The Constitution of Medina is document that most scholars - including revisionists - consider to be authentic, and there good reasons for thinking so. Patrica Crone accepted it and made a good case for that. 
     Reply #45 - June 28, 2018, 09:41 AM

Would you like to chat with/debate him?

I just saw your question. Sorry for answering so late. Not sure. What are we even going to debate? How are we going to debate?
     Reply #46 - June 28, 2018, 09:48 AM

I fail to see how stating that there is no evidence for the existence of the Muhammad as described in the sunnah is an oversimplification. I think it is very precise and accurate. But by all means, go ahead and educate me.

Just saw your comment. Before I answer your question, what is your position? Is it that there was no historical Muhammad, or that the Muhammad of the Sira did not exist? Huge difference. My impression - and I apologize if I misunderstood your position - was that you denied that Muhammad's historicity, and not simply dismissing the later Arabic sources representation of Muhammad's life.

I don't recall ever mentioning "Quranic Studies", mainly because I don't know what that covers.

This might be somewhat irrelevant, because I am not sure if you mentioned this in the video, but since the topic was brought up, here goes. On several occasion you have made comments about the Sanaa palimpsest and Gerd Puin. You said that the latter had not published anything on the palimpsest and that there was some sort of cover up.  G. Puin had already published something very brief on the palimpsest already in 1996. His wife, E. Puin, was the first one to actually study them and she first published her article in 2008. Ever since then, E. Puin has kept on publishing on the manuscript. Aside from her, several other scholars have also studies and published their findings on the palimpsest. 

I say all this with all due respect. Hope there is not animosity between us.
     Reply #47 - June 28, 2018, 12:16 PM

Letters like the following:

(Clicky for piccy!)

dear olweasel   y u do dis?  y 1 pic Letr 1ly?
    In Pictures: Prophet Mohammed  PUBH’s letters that were sent to rulers
    Letter-1

(Clicky for piccy!)

Prophet Mohammed, peace and prayer be upon him, sent several letters to kings and rulers outside the Arabian Peninsula to invite them to Islam.In a letter sent to Egyptian ruler Al-Muqawqis in the sixth year of hijri, the prophet invited him to Islam and said if he becomes a Muslim, Allah will double his reward.

Letter-2

(Clicky for piccy!)

The prophet PBUH also cited the surah: Say, ‘O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you - that we will not worship except Allah and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allah.’ But if they turn away, then say: ‘Bear witness that we are Muslims [submitting to Him].’

Letter-3
    (Clicky for piccy!)

The prophet PBUH also sent letters to Emperor Ashama ibn Abjar in Ethiopia, Heraclius, the emperor of the Byzantine Empire, Chosroes, the king of Persia, Munzir ibn Sawa, the ruler of Bahrain, Himyarite Harith, the prince of Yemen, and Harith Gassani, the governor of Sham.

Letter-4
    (Clicky for piccy!)
    The prophet’s letters inviting kings and princes to follow Islam were all concluded with the statement: If turn away, you will bear the sin of your followers.

Letter-5
    (Clicky for piccy!)

According to some historic narratives, Chosroes of Persia tore the prophet’s letter. When the prophetPBUH  heard that, he promised the destruction of Chosroes and the latter died shortly after and the empire weakened.

Letter-6
    (Clicky for piccy!)

Some of these letters are kept in the Istanbul museum while the Medina Museum in Saudi Arabia keeps the original copies of these letters.

Letter-7
    (Clicky for piccy!)

Letter-8
    (Clicky for piccy!)

Letter-9
    (Clicky for piccy!)

PS:   Just to  remind olweasel and you all Ex-Muslim  ...you all  Atheist Muslims  and  Muslims that doubt Islam and...and those recent converts  ....

All  u  guys and girls who  become proper  Muslims and invite others in to Islam
      Allah will double his reward...
    Double Jannah time ..  144 raisins instead 72.....  
    and please think about after life... .

Reply #48 - June 28, 2018, 12:50 PM

..................The Constitution of Medina is document that most scholars - including revisionists - consider to be authentic, and there good reasons for thinking so. Patrica Crone accepted it and made a good case for that.  

1.  did you read that Madina constitution dear Mahgraye?

2.  when and where was that Madina constitution published first?

3. And please give some  names of  famous Islamic scholars that consider it to be authentic.

4. And please give the source for that dr. Patrica Crone's work where she writes that Madina constitution is authentic from Prophet Muhammad PBUH..

with best regards
    yeezevee

Reply #49 - September 16, 2018, 02:50 PM

So today's BBC  that  Rustam Qobil of BBC who often writes articles on Islam of  Central Asia to China  Uighur Land  writes something about Early Islamic story of Prophet's times which I didn't know   .. well let me learn about that...

Uzbekistan: Land of a thousand shrines

Uzbekistan has aspirations to become a second Mecca, a destination for pilgrims from all over the world. Central Asia's most populous country boasts a wealth of well-preserved mosques and shrines in famous silk road cities like Samarkand and Bukhara. For millions of Uzbeks these are sacred places. But for the Uzbek government they also represent an opportunity to boost tourism as the country opens up after decades of isolationist, authoritarian rule.

Samarkand is home to dozens of magnificent tombs. Notable figures like the emperor Tamerlane, the astronomer Ulughbek and Kusam Ibn Abbas, the cousin of the Prophet Muhammad, who brought Islam to this land in the 7th Century, are all buried here.

But there is one grave that is unlike any other. Every morning hundreds of people climb a hilltop on the outskirts of the city to visit an oddly shaped, elongated tomb, surrounded by pistachio and apricot trees among the ruins of the old city. The air is filled with birdsong and the murmur of prayers. Families share lunch on the benches and young couples take selfies nearby.

But among the pilgrims are not just Muslims, because this tomb is believed to be the last resting place of the biblical prophet Daniel, or Daniyar as Uzbeks call him. "Muslims, Christians and Jews come here and say their prayers according their own religion," Firdovsi, a young guide explains. "St Daniel was a Jew but our Muslims respect him as he was the prophet of Allah."

Uzbekistan boasts hundreds of shrines across the country, many of which were neglected or closed during the time of the Soviet Union.

"Central Asian Islam is quite flexible, inclusive and mixed with local traditions," Khurshid Yuldoshev, a former religious school student says. "That's why religion is interpreted more tolerantly. The tradition of visiting shrines is benign and part of our culture and has nothing to do with political Islam; these pilgrims are peaceful."

well that and more is there at that today's BBC article but I am more interested in  Kusam Ibn Abbas, who was apparently  the cousin of the Prophet Muhammad, who apparently brought Islam to Uzbekistan in the 7th Century, 

well we learn about him in the next post

Reply #50 - October 22, 2018, 06:38 PM

Ooops i didn't read this post .,  my goodness gracious
    Just saw your comment. ..................

I say all this with all due respect. Hope there is not animosity between us.

no..no..no  animosity  dear  Mahgraye ., in fact I learned a lot on How to explore faths and their  scriptures reading many of your Academic links..   True I question  many folks and their posts  but No animal behavior  from my side..  well  i may heckle folks  but no fighting  ..

now going back to your post
    .... Before I answer your question,

1.  what is your position? Is it that there was no historical Muhammad, or that the Muhammad of the Sira did not exist? Huge difference.

2).   My impression - and I apologize if I misunderstood your position - was that you denied that Muhammad's historicity, and not simply dismissing the later Arabic sources representation of Muhammad's life.
    This might be somewhat irrelevant, because I am not sure if you mentioned this in the video, but since the topic was brought up, here goes

3). On several occasion you have made comments about the Sanaa palimpsest and Gerd Puin. You said that the latter had not published anything on the palimpsest and that there was some sort of cover up.  G. Puin had already published something very brief on the palimpsest already in 1996. His wife, E. Puin, was the first one to actually study them and she first published her article in 2008. Ever since then, E. Puin has kept on publishing on the manuscript. Aside from her, several other scholars have also studies and published their findings on the palimpsest. 

those  three points i must answer and i will  but before that let me move a post yours to this folder  from that "QURAN STUDIES TODAY" folder....

With best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #51 - October 22, 2018, 10:52 PM

Mahgraye posts in another folder  references to  a very important question in early Islam.  That is Proof for the existence of Prophet of Islam  from Non-Islamic sources .. so let me add that post here

A total of eleven sources:

1).  Doctrina Iacobi nuper Baptizati (July 634 CE),

2). The Miaphysite Account of 637 (637 CE),

3). The Apocalypse of Rabbi Shimʿōn b. Yoḥai (635–45 CE?),

4). The Khuzistan Chronicle (ca. 660 CE),

5).  the writings and chronicles of Jacob of Edessa (ca. 640–708 CE),

6). The History of the Patriarch of Alexandria:

7). The Life of Patriarch Benjamin (before 717 CE),

Cool . Cool. The Spanish Eastern Source (ca. 741 CE),

9). The Syriac Common Source:

10). The Chronicle of Theophilus of Edessa (ca. 750 CE),

11).  The Short Syriac Chronicle of 775 (ca. 775 CE),

12).  The Zuqnin Chronicle (ca. 775 CE),

13). A Report from the Continuatio of Abū l-Fatḥ’s Samaritan Chronicle (seventh century?),

14).   and ʿUmar’s Letter to Leo (eighth century).

The first century A.H. is the seventh century C.E. Same thing.

For the Account of 637, see Michael Philip Penn, When Christians First Met Muslims: A Sourcebook of the Earliest Syriac Writings on Islam (California: University of California Press, 2015), pp. 21–24; idem, Envisioning Islam: Syriac Christians and the Early Muslim World (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2015), pp. 19–20.

For the rest of the sources, see Shoemaker, Death of a Prophet, Chapter 1, “A Prophet Has Appeared”, 18–72.

You can also refer to Hoyland, Seeing Islam as Others Saw It.

So I must read those sources as well as books on the Existence Prophet of Islam

Reply #52 - October 23, 2018, 12:53 PM

so let me go through those books and reference of  Mahgraye  post  starting from books
    For the Account of 637, see   1).   Michael Philip Penn, When Christians First Met Muslims: A Sourcebook of the Earliest Syriac Writings on Islam (California: University of California Press, 2015), pp. 21–24; idem, Envisioning Islam: Syriac Christians and the Early Muslim World (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2015), pp. 19–20.

For the rest of the sources, see  2).  Shoemaker, Death of a Prophet, Chapter 1, “A Prophet Has Appeared”, 18–72.

You can also refer to  3).  Hoyland, Seeing  " Islam as Others Saw It"

well let me  start with what they have in those books .. before I carefully scan through them ..

1).   When Christians First Met Muslims: A Sourcebook of the Earliest Syriac Writings on Islam    Michael Philip Penn_ 2015

Table of Contents

Prologue: The Year 630

Introduction

Account ad 637
    Chronicle ad 640
    Letters, Isho'yahb III
    Apocalypse of Pseudo-Ephrem
    Khuzistan Chronicle
    Maronite Chronicle
    Syriac Life of Maximus the Confessor
    Canons, George I
    Colophon of British Library Additional 14,666
    Letter, Athanasius of Balad
    Book of Main Points, John bar Penkaye
    Apocalypse of Pseudo-Methodius
    Edessene Apocalypse
    Exegesis of the Pericopes of the Gospel, Hnanisho' I
    Life of Theodute
    Colophon of British Library Additional 14,448
    Apocalypse of John the Little
    Chronicle ad 705
    Letters, Jacob of Edessa
    Chronicle, Jacob of Edessa
    Scholia, Jacob of Edessa
    Against the Armenians, Jacob of Edessa
    Kamed Inscriptions
    Chronicle of Disasters
    Chronicle ad 724
    Disputation of John and the Emir
    Exegetical Homilies, Mar Abba II
    Disputation of Bet Hale

Bibliography
    Index

2).     The Death of a ProphetThe End of Muhammad's Life and the Beginnings of Islam by  Stephen J. Shoemaker_2011

Table of Contents

Introduction
    Chapter 1. "A Prophet Has Appeared, Coming with the Saracens": Muhammad's Leadership during the Conquest of Palestine According to Seventh- and Eighth-Century Sources
    Chapter 2. The End of Muhammad's Life in Early Islamic Memory: The Witness of the Sira Tradition
    Chapter 3. The Beginnings of Islam and the End of Days: Muhammad as Eschatological Prophet
    Chapter 4. From Believers to Muslims, from Jerusalem to the Hijaz: Confessional Identity and Sacred Geography in Early Islam
    Conclusion: Jesus and Muhammad, the Apostle and the Apostles

3). Seeing  Islam  As  Others Saw  It;   A Survey    And Evaluation   Of   Christian, Jewish  And   Zoroastrian   Writings  On  Early Islam by Robert G. Hoyland _1997

PART I    The Historical and Literary Background

1. The Historical Background .
    2. The Nature of the Sources

PART II A   Incidental References to Islam

3. Greek Sources
    4. West Syrian, Coptic and Armenian Sources
    5. East Syrian Sources
    6. Latin Sources ...
    7. Jewish, Persian and Chinese Sources

PART II B  Deliberate References to Islam

8. Apocalypses and Visions
    9. Martyrologies ...
    10. Chronicles and Histories
    11. Apologies and Disputations

PART III  Writing the History of Early Islam

12. Non-Muslim Conceptions of Islam  
    13. Using Non-Muslim Sources: an Empirical  Approach
    14. Using Non-Muslim Sources: an Argumentative Approach

PART IV  Ex curses
    A. The Canons and Resolutions of Jacob of Edessa
    B. The Byzantine-Arab Chronicle of 741 and Its
    Eastern Source .
    C. An Outline of the Syriac Common Source
    D. The Passion of David of Dwin .
    E. Georgian Historical Writing
    F. Dated Arabic Writings, AH 1-135/622-752

well  those are the contents of those three books ..  damn that  1997  Robert G. Hoyland  book is some 900 pages .. BIGGER THAN QURAN ...lol..  well let me start with that ..

Reply #53 - October 23, 2018, 02:31 PM

So I must read those sources as well as books on the Existence Prophet of Islam

Yeah. Crucial reading.
     Reply #54 - October 23, 2018, 02:38 PM

Yeah. Crucial reading.

I will..I will........  yes.... yes..  so much to read .. so much to write and so much to do in life dear Mahgraye ..

So did you read all of what you suggested to me to read? 

And what  is your take home message on Muhammad.. The prophet of Islam and Quran .. the book of Islam  dear Mahgraye ..??

who wrote/revealed  it ? Prophet of Islam??

Reply #55 - October 23, 2018, 11:49 PM

He maybe had something to do with it. But am not dogmatic on that point. Very open to multiple authorship and the notion of post-Muhammadan additions to the Quran.
     Reply #56 - February 05, 2019, 05:51 AM

That is a good word  dear Mahgraye  ...   equally important are the words like   ":post-Muhammadan....pre-Muhammadan Islam or Post Quran ..Pre Quran Islam."..

but many questions arise around those words...with reference to chronological history of early Islam ..  and the events/alleged events that took place during the times you see in these  posts

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=22184.msg639620#msg639620
    https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=22184.msg639631#msg639631
    https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=22184.msg639778#msg639778

those posts will give us some sort of historical events  in early  Islam between the years 545 to 735., starting from the year 545 as the year of Muhammad's  Father  Abullah's  birth   to all the way to Islamic expansion in to France in the year 735..  that is just 190 years of Islam..

anyways so you  are "Very open to multiple authorship and the notion of post-Muhammadan additions to the Quran."    .. in a similar analogy .

Would you consider present Islamic stories of  Muhammad are the stories of ((of/from )) Multiple characters of Muhammad?

Or you think  that there was No Muhammad in Islam .. but any leader within Islamic community of that time are considered as "Muhammad"?

with best wishes and happy new year
    yeezevee

Reply #57 - January 22, 2020, 11:15 AM

So my good friend mundi says at

Yeez,

I miswrote of course!!!

IF Mohammed was added to the book , it was BEFORE 640-650...

what mundi said there is extremely important subject in Islam with reference to Quran ., and the subject is.,  the words  "muhammad and ahmad" in early Quranic manuscripts

So  Hello mundi let us read the verses 

Suarh  Al-Imraan,   Verse #144:   And muhammad is no more than an apostle; the apostles have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed will you turn back upon your heels? And whoever turns back upon his heels, he will by no means do harm to Allah in the least and Allah will reward the grateful.

Suarh  Al-Ahzaab,  , Verse #40 :  Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Apostle of Allah and the Last of the prophets; and Allah is cognizant of all things.

Suarh  Muhammad,  , Verse #2 : And (as for) those who believe and do good, and believe in what has been revealed to muhammad, and it is the very truth from their Lord, He will remove their evil from them and improve their condition.

Surah  Al-Fath,  Verse #29 : Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah, and those with him are firm of heart against the unbelievers, compassionate among themselves; you will see them bowing down, prostrating themselves, seeking grace from Allah and pleasure; their marks are in their faces because of the effect of prostration; that is their description in the Taurat and their description in the Injeel; like as seed-produce that puts forth its sprout, then strengthens it, so it becomes stout and stands firmly on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the unbelievers on account of them; Allah has promised those among them who believe and do good, forgiveness and a great reward.

As-Saff,   Verse #6: And when Isa son of Marium said: O children of Israel! surely I am the apostle of Allah to you, verifying that which is before me of the Taurat and giving the good news of an Apostle who will come after me, his name being ahmad, but when he came to them with clear arguments they said: This is clear magic.

and and please cross check them.. also teach me again how to do that..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #58 - January 22, 2020, 08:14 PM

Hi Yeez,

My research showed the following:

3:144   No mention in any of the early manuscripts
    33:40  only present in Dam 1-25.1 (no image available)
    47: 2  only present in Dam 1-29.1 (no image available, only partial presence "mh")
    48:29 only present in Dam 1-29.1 (no image available, part of verse containing "mhmd"is missing)

The manuscript CPP (= arabe a/b) is considered by some scholars as extremely early. But no C14 has been done on it. If I take this manuscript into accunt on top of other C14 dated pre 650 Qurans, the table changes to this:

3:144   No mention in any of the early manuscripts, present in arabe a and in Qaf 47 (with confirmed C14 to 650)
    33:40   present in Dam 1-25.1 (no image available), present in Chester Beatty I (no image available) (both manuscripts have been C14'd to around 650)
    47: 2  only present in Dam 1-29.1 (no image available, only partial presence "mh")
    48:29 only present in Dam 1-29.1 (no image available, part of verse containing "mhmd"is missing)

So the evidence for 3:144 is quite compelling. The images can be inspected on Corpus Coranicum. Qaf 47 is C14éd by Corpus Coranicum (ˆ606-652 AD). So there is no reason to doubt the mention of Mohammed from the beginning of the archetype. The best guess for the archetype is 650 AD, possibly 630/640.

Seems quite evident that this Quran is the result of the scribal workshop. The reading culture followed later. in
     Reply #59 - January 22, 2020, 08:17 PM

So there is no reason to doubt the mention of Mohammed from the beginning of the archetype.

Of course (yawn...)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »