Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Which one (if any) are you more inclined to side with? (Give reasons)
  • Israel - 50 (30.5%)
  • Palestine - 114 (69.5%)
  • Total Voters: 163

Topic: Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?

(Read 202275 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 35 36 3738 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?
     Reply #1080 - June 30, 2016, 04:18 PM

Back to Square one .. The news in BBC says  13 year oldIsraeli girl stabbed to death by Palestinian inside bedroom

A teenage Israeli girl has been stabbed to death in an attack at a Jewish settlement in the occupied West Bank. Thirteen-year-old Hallel Yaffa Ariel was attacked while she slept inside her bedroom in Kiryat Arba. A security guard who responded to the incident was wounded before the attacker was shot dead by other guards.

The Palestinian health ministry identified the assailant as 19-year-old Mohammed Tarayreh, from the nearby village of Bani Naim. Thirty-four Israelis have now been killed in a wave of knife, gun and car-ramming attacks since October. More than 200 Palestinians - mostly attackers, Israel says - have also been killed in that period.

The assailants who have been killed have been shot either by their victims or by security forces as they carried out attacks. Some attackers have been arrested.

well that is the news..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1081 - May 01, 2017, 07:01 AM

Pro what ever Isreali and Palistnian that are not zellots or nationalist and what a two seprate or one secular and libral state without the parties of God as Christopher Hitchens once put! Not sure which side has more off these people but I would say its the Isrealy lib population that acunts for this but could be wrong. As for historic who was here first line of thinking ill let Hitch explain that one.
     Reply #1082 - May 01, 2017, 12:24 PM

So, it's more than this...
    You're right!!!, because Israel doesn't kill people(or let mobs do) for criticizing Judaism, Moise or anyone's beliefs and prophets.

I'm not sure you understand that there is a large and very vocal minority that really wants to but America kinda has them by the balls because they know if they get too out of line and America withdraws support, Israel won't last long. There is a concept in Judaism, especially the more hard-line sects, of not letting the goyim know things that will engender hatred of the Jews. Especially if those things are true. The whole reason i bring up things like Meah Shearim is to show that if you let those people have control, they're going to be just as bad as the islamists. That area had vice and virtue squads just like the Saudi ones. They'd beat up women and girls for being immodest, they have gender segregated buses, they'd break into the homes of women accused of having sex to harass them or worse... And i know from having interacted with them that these guys also believe in enslaving non Jews. They believe that everyone who isn't Jewish was put on Earth by God to serve the Jews. They believe that non Jews aren't human, they're basically the same as a beast of burden, and so nothing you do to a non Jew is as bad as a crime against a human being. It's just animal abuse. Therefore, enslaving, raping, or killing them to make them submit to you isn't a sin in the religious sense, it's only bad because non Jews will get angry and kill Jews. Therefore, they bottle most of that energy into preparing for the arrival of the Messiah so that he can make all nations subservient and they can live out their violent fantasies.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #1083 - May 01, 2017, 12:53 PM

.................t if you let those people have control, they're going to be just as bad as the islamists. That area had vice and virtue squads just like the Saudi ones. They'd beat up women and girls for being immodest, they have gender segregated buses,.............

IRRESPECTIVE OF FAITHS INSULT SUCH  SCOUNDRELS,  
    BURN THEIR BRAINS AND BURN THEIR FILTHY SAYINGS OF THEIR BOOKS
    AND DO THAT  WHEREVER YOU FIND WHENEVER YOU CAN  ..
    even if they are hiding behind a fig tree

Reply #1084 - May 25, 2017, 09:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxQNk81ELbI

Published on Mar 30, 2017  journalist Max Blumenthal sits down with renowned Israeli historian Ilan Pappé to talk about the first of his forthcoming book, Ten Myths About Israel

Why is Palestine Still the Issue in 2016? With Ilan Pappé
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYfPCLWa-zA
    Description: An evening with Professor Ilan Pappé of the University of Exeter (UK) and author of many authoritative texts on the Israel/Palestine situation, including The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine and The Forgotten Palestinians: A History of Palestinians in Israel

The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine. By Ilan Pappe
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buhpHTGAlTE
    Uploaded on Apr 22, 2011
    This is a unique opportunity to hear the renowned historian and author, Ilan Pappe speak about his book "The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine" where he lays out the past, present, and offers suggestions for the future

Reply #1085 - June 01, 2017, 02:56 PM

I don't actively engage in BDS anymore, not unless the products come from settlements. But there is the odd occasions where I will boycott something. This includes Wonder Woman and any other Gal Gadot movie for this reason. After she said that the 2014 seige was the right thing to do I hoped that her movie and any other part of the franchise that she appears in end up flopping.
    https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/18765810_10156188630319992_5880857522083677915_n.png.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=bb0f038610ffeb181bd717443ddb9ac4&oe=59B32002
     Reply #1086 - June 02, 2017, 02:42 AM

2014 seige

Anyone who doesn't know what this comment is about, look up Operation Protective Edge. To summarise, Hamas members kidnapped and murdered three Israeli teenagers, the IDF conducted Operation Brother's Keeper to arrest militant leaders, Hamas fired rockets into Israel and a seven-week conflict broke out. The Israeli strikes, the Palestinian rocket attacks and the ground fighting resulted in the death of thousands of people, the vast majority of them Gazans.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #1087 - July 05, 2017, 04:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9XpqSZt-hQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbzOr00C0kk

Oh great Indians  Oh great hindus  Oh great people of India and  Arnab Goswami Oh great Indian talker on TV ..  great India.... everything is great in India

But could you guys please stop killing  people because they eat Beef...and they  happened to be Muslims by no fault their .. And please tell your Prime Minister Modi   that Prime Minister of Israel and  and President Trump Amrikee also eat beef....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/05/muslim-man-dies-in-india-after-attack-by-hindu-cow-protectors

Reply #1088 - July 05, 2017, 04:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnnhBtJgA8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQMcV4Xnnno

Reply #1089 - July 09, 2017, 05:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQIhbr5SqlU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNQj7xMtZ3I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4H6RIeIo_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_Mr5W66Gk

interesting lecture  from  that  Indian  whose  daughter Married a Muslim... On india -Israel  relations..

Reply #1090 - July 22, 2017, 04:10 PM

Three Israelis stabbed to death in West Bank attack   says BBC news  with this picture

Three Israeli civilians have been stabbed to death in a settlement near Ramallah in the occupied West Bank.Another Israeli was wounded in the attack in Halamish. The Israeli army says the attacker was shot and caught.

The attack came near the end of a day of clashes between Palestinians and Israeli forces over new security measures at a Jerusalem holy site.
    Three Palestinians were killed and hundreds were hurt in East Jerusalem and the West Bank.

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has said he is freezing all contacts with Israel after it installed metal detectors at the site, known to Muslims as Haram al-Sharif and to Jews as the Temple Mount. Israel says the extra security is needed after two Israeli policemen were killed near the site a week ago.

'Assailant was shot' On Friday, four Israeli civilians were stabbed in Halamish (also known as Neve Tsuf) after "an assailant infiltrated a private home", the Israeli army said.

Israeli media reported the victims were a man in his sixties and his son and daughter, both in their forties. Another woman in her sixties is being treated in hospital for injuries sustained in the incident. The Israeli army said the attacker was a young Palestinian man called Omar al-Abed, who hours before the attack, posted on Facebook linking his actions to events at Jerusalem's holy site.

He was shot by a neighbour - who was a soldier with the Israeli Defense Forces - and taken to hospital, but his condition was unclear. There has been a wave of stabbings, shootings and car-rammings of Israelis predominantly by Palestinians or Israeli Arabs since late 2015. At least 47 Israelis and five foreign nationals have been killed in nearly two years of such attacks.

At least 255 Palestinians - most of them attackers, Israel says - have also been killed in that period, news agencies report. Others have been killed in clashes with Israeli troops.

Omar al-Abed, who hours before the attack, posted on Facebook linking his actions to events at Jerusalem's holy site  

Holy site....holy dolly golly site.....night journey ..flying Baraq....   that is the news...

That is one heck of a good looking voluptuous  horsie  to ride into heavens..

Where did Islam get that story....well allah knows the best... fools write nonsense stores .. and dumb fools in 21st century Kill and die for the nonsense stories

Reply #1091 - July 22, 2017, 07:47 PM

There you go..Now starts the game...Back to square one.. the news says

Israeli forces kill three Palestinians as clashes erupt over Jerusalem holy site with this picture..

Three Palestinians were killed and dozens wounded Friday in clashes between protesters and Israeli forces over new security measures at an ultra-sensitive Jerusalem holy site where police restricted access for Muslim prayers.

The unrest came after Israeli ministers decided not to order the removal of metal detectors erected at entrances to the Haram al-Sharif compound, known to Jews as the Temple Mount.

One Palestinian was shot dead by Israeli gunfire in the A-Tur neighbourhood of east Jerusalem, according to the Palestinian health ministry.

A second Palestinian was killed by gunfire in east Jerusalem's Ras al-Amud district, while a third was shot dead in Abu Dis in the occupied West Bank, the ministry said.

Israel's army confirmed it was involved in clashes in Abu Dis. The Palestinian Red Crescent reported that 391 people were wounded in Jerusalem and the West Bank.

Thirty-eight of those injured in Jerusalem were taken to hospitals. In the West Bank, 98 injuries were caused by live or rubber bullets fired by Israeli forces, it said.

Israeli police reported 29 arrests in Jerusalem and the West Bank, adding that five officers were lightly injured, coming under attack with stones and fireworks.

On Friday, Israeli police barred men under 50 from entering the Old City in annexed east Jerusalem for prayers, while all women were allowed in.

Police said later in the day that discretion could be applied in the use of the metal detectors instead of forcing everyone to go through them. But Palestinian and religious leaders were still calling on worshippers not to enter until they were removed.

Hundreds held midday prayers in the streets near the gates of the Old City in protest. According to police, dozens of people entered the compound.

“They turned back everyone who came here to pray but then I told them I was going to the doctor, but they did not let me in,” said Ulfat Hamad, 42, who was visiting from the United States. “I am going to pray here with the others,” he said outside the walls.

Crowds gathered outside Jerusalem's Old City found shops closed and streets around Damascus Gate — the entrance most heavily used by Palestinians — blocked.

A group of several hundred people, including Muslim leaders, marched towards the Lions Gate entrance to the mosque compound, but police informed them that only men aged 50 or over would be allowed in. Police later fired stun grenades and tear gas towards protesters outside the Old City, while Palestinians threw stones and other objects at security forces in some areas.

'Extremely dangerous'
    Tensions have risen since police installed the metal detectors in a move Palestinians and other Muslims perceive as a means for Israel to boost its control over the compound containing the revered Al-Aqsa mosque and Dome of the Rock.

The controversy has resonated beyond Israel and the Palestinian territories, with the United States and the UN Middle East envoy expressing concern. Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas spoke with US counterpart Donald Trump's senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner, urging the White House to intervene, the Palestinians' official Wafa news agency reported.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has called on Israel to remove the detectors. He spoke by telephone with both Abbas and Israeli President Reuven Rivlin on Thursday.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stressed the metal detectors were intended to ensure the safety of worshippers and visitors and not an attempt to disturb the fragile status quo under which Jordan is the custodian of the site and Jewish prayer is forbidden.

Palestinians have been refusing to enter the compound all week in protest against the metal detectors. The main weekly prayers on Fridays draw the largest number of worshippers — typically thousands — and speculation had been mounting that Netanyahu might order the metal detectors removed. But after consultations with security chiefs and members of his security cabinet, Netanyahu decided not to do so.

what the fuck.. that is all about some fucking detectors?  what is the problem?? It is prayers place .. As long as they do not stop people who cares what fucking governments  put on the way?

Is it just walking through metal detectors  Or..or they groping  men and women  like they do at airports in AMRIKA ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvKRhdx9F9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198XaiZH4eg

Reply #1092 - December 09, 2017, 12:39 PM

I used to just want Trump to be impeached. Now I wouldn't mind if somebody took initiative and assassinated the orange fucker. It wouldn't compare to the amount of death and suffering that he is about to cause by recognising Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

In fact, if that happened I would probably donate towards their legal fees.
     Reply #1093 - December 09, 2017, 01:50 PM

I used to just want Trump to be impeached. Now I wouldn't mind if somebody took initiative and assassinated the orange fucker. It wouldn't compare to the amount of death and suffering that he is about to cause by recognising Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

In fact, if that happened I would probably donate towards their legal fees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mORo3SZWMMU

No..No.........Nooooo   DO NOT USE THOSE WORDS I DELETED

well not sure  you understand these tubes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xc3DWFFPAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd51mwFFrvI

but....dear AGirlWithDoubts   ..dear AGWD  ....    we  can solve that  Israel-Palestine problem  without killing  anyone without bloodshed   with  some 100 billion dollar  donations .,So how much can you donate to  solve that problem ?? 

Otherwise it is all  in the hands of American Congress  or wait for next elections... You  see there are two  folders in the forum

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=28703.msg874793;topicseen#new

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=29594.30

please  read and respond....  .. In fact in the 2nd link somewhere  I predicted  before  US  of  A  elections... Trump will win  elections  because of  Good Muslim folks  and ex-Muslims  of US  of A....,  Now  if  that UKIP lady heroine wins  some elections in  England ., then  I would say  it is because of  Good Muslim folks  and ex-Muslims  of  England  are not playing  proper game in democratic politics ...

When  I say  " Good Muslim folks"  .. it is  for those who makes
    the faith as personal thing  and place NO ROLE WITH-IN THEIR HOME....IN PUBLIC PLACES...and IN  POLITICS .. Faith is purely personal and individual

Reply #1094 - December 09, 2017, 03:05 PM

It's too late yeezevee. The bloodshed already started and is about to increase significantly thanks to him.

I would rather he was removed or stepped down but any way to get rid of him would be a great service to the world.
     Reply #1095 - December 09, 2017, 03:37 PM

It's too late yeezevee. The bloodshed already started and is about to increase significantly thanks to him...............

well   faiths/faith heads and emotions.....  it is the name of the game  for the past 2000  years ., At that time  planet's  population was   some  70 million people   with  million or so faith heads  now   it is  7.3 billion  with almost  close to  7billion faith heads..

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/07/world/middleeast/israel-palestinian-jerusalem.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQmMSeAg6R8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp0Cv2tu5kg

well  faiths  and Human  life...

I prefer to  live like FAITHLESS ANIMAL and DIE LIKE FAITHLESS ANIMAL than some faith head  who take lives and give life because of their stupid faith in some super duper  imaginary  deity  sitting in the brains  of faith heads

Reply #1096 - December 10, 2017, 04:04 PM

well  the  news all over on  that land of silly faiths and silly Prophets in the middle east   One news Says

Israel demolishes tunnel 'belonging to Hamas' from Gaza into its territory

Israel's military said it demolished a tunnel on Sunday stretching from Gaza into its territory in an operation that comes at a time of increased tension over US President Donald Trump's recent Jerusalem declaration.

Military spokesman Jonathan Conricus said intelligence showed the tunnel belonged to Hamas, which runs the Gaza Strip. Israel was not aware of any casualties, he said.

It was the second such operation in recent weeks, with the last tunnel destroyed on October 30.

Such tunnels have been used in the past to carry out attacks. The tunnel destroyed on Sunday had been discovered several weeks ago and was monitored by the military, Conricus said.

According to Conricus, the tunnel stretched from the area of the city of Khan Yunis in the southern Gaza Strip to hundreds of metres inside Israeli territory.

Other  news says

Protests in Pakistan over US Jerusalem move

Hundreds of Islamists rallied Thursday in major cities across Pakistan, condemning US President Donald Trump for declaring the city of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.

The demonstrators dispersed peacefully after rallies in the capital, Islamabad Similar anti-US rallies were also held in Karachi, the country’s largest city, and in Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province bordering Afghanistan, as well as in the city of Multan in Punjab province.

The rallies came a day after Trump’s announcement angered the Muslims across the world. Islamabad has asked the United States to reconsider any move that alters the legal and historical status of Jerusalem.

Muslim-majority Pakistan has already reiterated its support for the Palestinians, who claim east Jerusalem as the capital of their hoped-for state..[/quote]
    well that is at least a good news.. at least  no one got hurt ..

well all  that  is about THAT  LAND.....piece of fucking  land...

Hmm..is that just  a  land  or something else behind those fighting and killings?

Reply #1097 - December 10, 2017, 10:34 PM

Israeli defense minister calls for Arab boycott after protests  says News  says news

Israel's defence minister called on Sunday for a boycott of Arab businesses in an area where residents took part in violent protests against United States President Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

Avigdor Lieberman, who heads the nationalist Yisrael Beiteinu party, said the Arabs of Wadi Ara in northern Israel were “not part of us” and that Jewish Israelis should no longer visit their villages and buy their products.

Hundreds of Israeli Arabs protested on Saturday along a major highway in northern Israel, where dozens of masked rioters hurled stones at busses and police vehicles. Three Israelis were wounded and several vehicles were damaged.

“These people do not belong to the state of Israel. They have no connection to this country,” Lieberman told Israel's Army Radio. “Moreover, I would call on all citizens of Israel stop going to their stores, stop buying, stop getting services, simply a boycott on Wadi Ara. They need to feel that they are not welcome here.”

Lieberman has long called for Wadi Ara to be included in his proposed swap of lands and populations as part of a future peace agreement with the Palestinians. The residents, like many of Israel's Arab minority, sympathise with the Palestinians of the West Bank and often openly identify with them.

But they are also Israeli citizens who largely reject the notion of becoming part of a future Palestinian state.

Ayman Odeh, the head of the Arab Joint list in parliament, said Lieberman's call for a boycott of Arabs was reminiscent of the worst regimes in history. Gilad Erdan, the minister of public security from the ruling Likud Party, said that Lieberman's diplomatic plan was not applicable and he rejected the notion of giving up the country's sovereignty just because it had Arab citizens....

Now we  are  Talking... let us see how faiths divide   a small piece of land because silly stupid stories    from faith books that were written by some cave dwellers some 1000s of  years ago ..well let me count faithheads there

1).  The State of Israel has a population of approximately 8,585,000 inhabitants as of September 2016.

2).   74.8% percent of them are Jews (about 6,419,000 individuals),
           20.8% are Arab (about 1,786,000 individuals),
            4.4% (about 380,000 individuals) are defined as "others" (including family members of Jewish immigrants who are not registered at the Ministry of Interior as Jews, non-Arab Christians, non-Arab Muslims, and residents who do not have an ethnic or religious classification).

that is the present status ..  now  if we look into that small 25  mile by 3 mile Gaza strip  and that west bank...

The Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS) estimated that the Palestinian population between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean, inclusive of the West Bank, the Gaza Strip and Israel, amounted to 6.08 million people in 2014.

Israeli statistics come to an approximately similar figure, counting 1,719,000 Arab citizens (inclusive of 140,000 Druze, and other Arabic-speaking groups not self-identifying as Palestinian/Arab)

2.754 million West Bank Palestinians,
    And 1.73 million Gazan Palestinians,
    Which translates into the comprehensive figure of approximately 6.2 million

well what is the solution with faiths and faith heads??
    and  what is the solution without faiths and faith heads??

Reply #1098 - December 13, 2017, 01:40 AM

It's too late yeezevee. The bloodshed already started and is about to increase significantly thanks to him.

No. He knew he was inflaming tensions, but the people who shed blood are ultimately responsible for shedding blood. What your comment says is that brown muslims cannot be held responsible for their own actions.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #1099 - December 29, 2017, 07:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35eEljsSQfc

Hmmm..well I just watched the video after posting it ...Those are indeed right questions to answer   And the questions are ...  ..let me watch the video again

Reply #1100 - December 30, 2017, 12:00 AM

Hmmm..well I just watched the video after posting it ...Those are indeed right questions to answer   And the questions are ...  ..let me watch the video again

This is a good video
     Reply #1101 - December 30, 2017, 01:05 AM

This is a good video

yes it is.,   w.r.t  those questions  and these posts

but how do you answer these questions in these posts dear Phil.

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=15908.msg442257#msg442257

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=15908.msg439811#msg439811

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=15908.msg440432#msg440432

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=15908.msg440968#msg440968

well  there are many posts  damn  the  posts run into 1000s

with best wishes  and happy new year
    yeezevee

Reply #1102 - December 30, 2017, 01:28 AM

Hmmm..well I just watched the video after posting it ...Those are indeed right questions to answer  And the questions are ...  ..let me watch the video again

Ooops that was 3mt  tube ... that is a short version...let me put that whole discussion ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEygFMZdG4Q

and other  related videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAlUkI9ETwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJPDlxgKr8A

Reply #1103 - December 30, 2017, 08:24 PM

The last video on that UN Jerusalem resolution as  Israel capital  is a surprise to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhgKLPVDREU

You  all fools  Must realize that it is INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL ISLAM( NOT ISLAM OF QURAN)  that is responsible for this mess in Middle  East

Reply #1104 - December 30, 2017, 10:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UktfuykATcs

JERUSALEM  FACTS

Jerusalem is a city located in modern-day Israel and is considered by many to be one of the holiest places in the world. Jerusalem is a site of major significance for the three largest monotheistic religions: Judaism, Islam and Christianity, and both Israel and Palestine have claimed Jerusalem as a capital city. Because of these strong, age-old associations,

EARLY HISTORY OF JERUSALEM

Scholars believe the first human settlements in Jerusalem took place during the Early Bronze Age—somewhere around 3500 B.C.

In 1000 B.C., King David conquered Jerusalem and made it the capital of the Jewish kingdom. His son, Solomon, built the first holy Temple about 40 years later.

The Babylonians occupied Jerusalem in 586 B.C., destroyed the Temple, and sent the Jews into exile. About 50 years after that, the Persian King Cyrus allowed Jews to return to Jerusalem and rebuild the Temple.

Alexander the Great took control of Jerusalem in 332 B.C. Over the next several hundred years, the city was conquered and ruled by different groups, including the Romans, Persians, Arabs, Fatimids, Seljuk Turks, Crusaders, Egyptians, Mamelukes and Islamists.

Some key events with religious implications that took place in Jerusalem during this period include:

In 37 B.C., King Herod restructured the second Temple and added retaining walls to it.
    Jesus was crucified in the city of Jerusalem around 30 A.D.
    The Romans destroyed the second Temple in 70 A.D.
    In 632 A.D., Muhammad, the Islamic prophet, died and was said to have ascended to heaven from Jerusalem.

Many European Christians started pilgrimages to Jerusalem in the 1st century A.D. From about 1099 to 1187, Christian crusaders occupied Jerusalem and deemed the city a major religious site.

THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE

The Ottoman Empire ruled Jerusalem and much of the Middle East from about 1516 to 1917.

After World War I, Great Britain took over Jerusalem, which was part of Palestine at the time. The British controlled the city and surrounding region until Israel became an independent state in 1948.

Jerusalem was divided during the first 20 years of Israel’s existence. Israel controlled the Western portions of it, while Jordan controlled East Jerusalem.
    After the 1967 Six-Day War, Israel seized all of Jerusalem.

THE TEMPLE MOUNT

The Temple Mount is a compound located on a hill in Jerusalem that’s comprised of about 35 acres of land. It contains religious structures such as the Western Wall, the Dome of the Rock and al-Aqsa Mosque.

This ancient landmark is the holiest place in Judaism. References to the area date back to Abraham’s near-sacrifice of his son Isaac in Jewish scripture. The site is also the location of the first and second Temples and the spot where many Jewish prophets taught.

The Temple Mount is thought to be the third holiest site in Islam (after Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia) and where Muslims believe the Prophet Muhammad ascended to heaven.

Christians also believe the site is significant to their faith. It’s a place that prophets mentioned in the Old Testament of the Bible, and was visited by Jesus according to the New Testament.

Because it has religious and historical implications, occupation of the Temple Mount has been the cause of bitter conflict for centuries, especially between Jews and Muslims living nearby.

During the Six-Day War, Israel gained control of the Temple Mount. But today, the Islamic Waqf governs what happens inside the compound, while Israeli forces control external security.

DOME OF THE ROCK

In 691 A.D., the Dome of the Rock, a gold-domed Islamic shrine, was built on the site of the destroyed Jewish Temples in Jerusalem.

The Dome, located on the Temple Mount, was built by Caliph Abd al-Malik. It’s the oldest surviving Islamic building and was constructed at the very site where Muslims believe Muhammad ascended to heaven.

During the Crusades, the Christians turned the landmark into a church. In 1187, Muslims recaptured the Dome of the Rock and re-designated it as a shrine.

A silver-domed mosque, called al-Aqsa, sits adjacent to the Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount. Both structures are considered holy to Muslims.

WESTERN WALL (WAILING WALL)

The Western Wall is a section of ancient remnant wall from the second Jewish Temple. It’s located on the western side of the Temple Mount and is sometimes referred to as the “Wailing Wall” because many Jews pray and weep at the site of the destroyed Temple.

Each year, millions of Jews from around the world visit the wall. Because Muslims control the Temple Mount (the true site of the ancient Temples), the Western Wall is considered the holiest place where Jews can pray.

CHURCH OF THE HOLY SEPULCHRE

The Church of the Holy Sepulchre, built in 335 A.D., is the site where many Christians believe Jesus was crucified and where his resurrection occurred. It’s located in the Christian quarter of Jerusalem.

Thousands of Christian pilgrims from around the world travel to this church each year. Many regard it as the holiest Christian site in the world.

Reply #1105 - December 30, 2017, 11:01 PM

ISRAELI-PALESTINIAN CONFLICT OVER JERUSALEM

Since Israel’s independence, clashes between Israelis and Palestinians over key territories in Jerusalem have been ongoing.

Jewish law forbids Jews from praying in the Temple Mount. Yet, Israeli forces allow hundreds of Jewish settlers to enter the area routinely, which some Palestinians fear could lead to an Israeli takeover.

In fact, one key event that led to the Second Palestinian Intifada (a Palestinian uprising against Israel) happened when Jewish leader Ariel Sharon, who would become Israel’s Prime Minister, visited Jerusalem’s Temple Mount in 2000.

In recent years, some Israeli groups have even announced a plan to construct a third Jewish Temple on the Temple Mount. This proposal has outraged Palestinians living in the region.

In addition, both Israelis and Palestinians have aimed to make the city their capitals.

In 1980, Israel declared Jerusalem as its capital, but most of the international community doesn’t recognize this distinction.

In May 2017, the Palestinian group Hamas presented a document that proposed the formation of a Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital. However, the group refused to recognize Israel as a state, and the Israeli government immediately rejected the idea.

MODERN-DAY JERUSALEM
    Today, tensions are still high in and around the city of Jerusalem. Confrontations between Israeli forces and Palestinians are commonplace.

Many international groups and countries support efforts to divide Jerusalem into Israeli and Palestinian sections. But, securing a plan that everyone agrees on is difficult.

In July 2017, three Arabs shot two Israeli police officers at the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. For security reasons, the compound was cleared of visitors and closed for Muslim Friday prayers for the first time in 17 years. Protests and violent acts have shadowed this precarious situation.

While Jerusalem’s future remains uncertain, it’s clear that this city holds great religious, historical and political power and will continue to do so for years to come.

SOURCES
    Why is Jerusalem important? The Guardian.
    History of Jerusalem: Timeline for the History of Jerusalem. Jewish Virtual Library.
    Brief history of Jerusalem. Jerusalem Municipality.
    History of Jerusalem from Its Beginning to David. Ingeborg Rennert Center for Jerusalem Studies.
    What makes Jerusalem so holy? BBC News.
    What is Jerusalem? Vox Media.
    What Is the Temple Mount, and Why Is There So Much Fighting Around It? The Blaze.
    Five things you need to know about al-Aqsa. Al Jazeera.
    Sacred Journeys: Jerusalem. PBS.
    2 Israeli police officers killed in shooting in Jerusalem’s Old City. CNN.
    6 Reasons Why Jerusalem’s Old City Has Once Again Enflamed the Region. TIME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCq5s29BxdU

Reply #1106 - December 30, 2017, 11:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zAQG_5DG6A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzu8P8XSlWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnO9zJNrFdY

Reply #1107 - December 30, 2017, 11:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFFA-2psLvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-kOwFA8xZ4

Reply #1108 - December 30, 2017, 11:28 PM

Israelis: How much do you hate Palestinians?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5168ysQ2rU

Palestinians: Would you marry a Jew?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVWOst7CfQs

Palestinians: What do you think of atheists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzR_J6Hrrr4

Reply #1109 - January 07, 2018, 01:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC9OGs6PrPU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Traficant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjTdpqTsqZ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC9OGs6PrPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNEc_oGy-f4

https://www.adl.org/blog/deceased-congressman-had-ties-to-anti-semitic-anti-government-groups

interesting

• Previous page 1 ... 35 36 3738 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »