Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Which one (if any) are you more inclined to side with? (Give reasons)
  • Israel - 50 (30.5%)
  • Palestine - 114 (69.5%)
  • Total Voters: 163

Topic: Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?

(Read 202273 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 23 24 2526 27 ... 38 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?
     Reply #720 - May 17, 2013, 04:14 PM

Yeez, are you still having an erection for this thread?

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #721 - May 17, 2013, 05:08 PM

Why isn't there an option for both ? 

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #722 - May 17, 2013, 06:21 PM

Palestine! Israel is based on biblical claims, more religion dictatorship interfering with others lives
     Reply #723 - May 19, 2013, 01:13 PM

Yeez, are you still having an erection for this thread?

Huh! what??  finmad    Cato.. Cato kaylin .. O J can not support you, he is still in jail.  That guy looks Fat and  old  and lost in his own world..

Yes I am juice.. I drink juice and that is the reason I will have eternal erection.. it is will of allah..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #724 - July 06, 2013, 08:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWlxLq-2RQA
    Palestinian girls  and  Israeli soldiers -     02.11.2012

طفلة فلسطينية تلاحق جنود الاحتلال بعد ان اعتقلوا شقيقها الطفل وعد التميمي وهم ابناء الاسير باسم التميمي و الاسيرة المحررة ناريمان التميمي اليوم في قرية النبي صالح حيث اعتقلت قوات الاحتلال صحافيين5 أجانب بالاضافة الى الطفل وعد

Reply #725 - July 08, 2013, 08:48 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-qV6IJm_F4

Galloway: I don't recognize Israel

Reply #726 - July 10, 2013, 10:33 AM

Neither.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.~Albert Einstein

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws. ~Plato
     Reply #727 - July 10, 2013, 12:17 PM

Interesting debate/discussion  Head to Head - Israeli settlers: Patriots or invaders?

http://www.yanabi.com/index.php?/videos/view-2404-head-to-head-israeli-settlers-patriots-or-invaders/

And you know who the guy starts discussion??  

This guy  he is clearly becoming international spokes person of Islam to every problem on this earth.  Anyways., it is good to watch  that discussion on Israel .

Actually that video in that yanabi.com is extremely interesting discussion .. and I have to give thumbs up to Mehadi for pulling that discussion in last week..  Cheesy

Reply #728 - July 12, 2013, 01:21 PM

Israel 'illegally detained' five-year-old Palestinian child says news

The Israeli army has been accused of illegally detaining a five-year-old Palestinian boy for throwing stones in the West Bank town of Hebron.

Israeli human rights group B'Tselem said the child should not have been detained because the age of criminal responsibility in Israel was 12. Video showed the boy taken into an army jeep accompanied by a Palestinian man.

The army said the boy had endangered passers-by and that soldiers only accompanied him to his parents. B'Tselem said Israeli soldiers detained Wadi Maswadeh after he threw a stone near a checkpoint on Tuesday. The group's video showed how the boy was led into the jeep, before being taken to his parents' house.

B'Tselem said the soldiers later also picked up Wadi's father and took them both to an army base, holding them there for about 30 minutes. The father was blindfolded - a military official was quoted by the Associated Press as saying this was because he was in a military base. He was also handcuffed.

The two were eventually handed over to Palestinian police and released shortly afterwards. B'Tselem said it had formally complained to the Israeli authorities over what it called a "grave incident".

It said Israel was a signatory to the Convention on the Rights of the Child, which stated that minors must be protected in criminal proceedings. In response, the Israeli army said Wadi Maswadeh had been throwing rocks towards the street, endangering passers-by.

"IDF [Israel Defense Forces] soldiers intervened on the spot and accompanied the minor to his parents. From there he was passed on to the care of the Palestinian Security Forces, all the while accompanied by his parents. The child was not arrested and no charges were filed."

It said more than 150 Israelis had been injured in over 2,050 rock-throwing incidents across the West Bank between January and May this year.

well that is the news.. that is from BBC., don't know what to believe and what not to believe

and this is tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxrCkvBMSII

Reply #729 - July 30, 2013, 01:29 PM

Great news,, great way to protest..

"Don't buy Water meters Made in Israel"  Folks from LONDONISTHAN

Hmm yes ...  No juice made water meter please

And that news is from here
    A water company has replaced an Israeli-built meter in the home of a customer who objected to the 'repression of Palestine'. Caroline and Edmond O'Reilly asked Southern Water to replace the device because the manufacturers, Arad Technologies, are accused of 'profiteering' in the West Bank.

The company has now agreed to install a second-hand appliance built by a different manufacturer. Pro-Palestinian campaigners claim the decision paves the thousands of other customers to object to the meters on ethical grounds.She said: 'Since 2000 the Israelis have systematically destroyed the Palestinian water supply infrastructure and Arad supplies the Israeli government.

'Should we turn a blind eye, we collude in supporting a system that is systematically discriminating against people who are powerless against a state that seems to be attempting to drive Palestinians out of Palestine.'It costs up to £200 to change a meter. How many people are going to want their Israeli meter out? 'We will be flyering thousands of households across Sussex that are due to have an Arad meter installed as part of Southern Water's metering programme to let them know they don't have to have the Israeli-made device.'

Well I agree part of what she  says,  but..but to replace that meter  She has to  pay 200 £  now the question is  how sure are we the meter she replaces has no part  and is NOT connected to any  juice in any way??

Reply #730 - July 30, 2013, 01:38 PM

Well new Football games started again.. I hope AMRIKA referee will play a fair game..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krm4rk3DV_s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLMcoN-P57w

Reply #731 - January 25, 2014, 02:41 AM

Benjamin Netanyahu  in  1978
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lixYEZ9M_dU

And  Benjamin NetanYahu  in 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvXfnulloZM

Reply #732 - January 25, 2014, 03:30 AM

Neither. The same kind of conflict is going on in my own country, unfortunately while I was a Muslim I focused too much Pal/Isr issue while people in my own country was dying like flies.
     Reply #733 - January 25, 2014, 03:44 AM

You're Swedish right? How are people there dropping like flies? Huh?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #734 - January 25, 2014, 04:23 AM

My guess is his other home, Somalia. Ironically Sweden had the same status in Europe in the 19th century as Somalia has today in the world. Starvation, mass emigration and a whole lot of religion.
     Reply #735 - January 25, 2014, 04:38 AM

To be fair, name the country that hasn't been through that.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #736 - January 25, 2014, 09:15 AM

There's too much to consider when thinking about the conflict. BUT, the one thing I do know is this:

If the Palestinians had their way, Israel would be likely wiped out, and the Palestinian country that takes its place would most likely be just another unproductive third-world Islamic country. The oppression of women and non-Muslims, along with the many other quirks that come with an Islamic theocracy will prevail, and that's not something I'd wish on anyone.
     Reply #737 - January 25, 2014, 11:12 AM

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مَعْمَرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَارِثِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي يَحْيَى بْنُ أَبِي إِسْحَاقَ، عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ كُنَّا مَعَ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم مَقْفَلَهُ مِنْ عُسْفَانَ، وَرَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَلَى رَاحِلَتِهِ، وَقَدْ أَرْدَفَ صَفِيَّةَ بِنْتَ حُيَىٍّ، فَعَثَرَتْ نَاقَتُهُ فَصُرِعَا جَمِيعًا، فَاقْتَحَمَ أَبُو طَلْحَةَ فَقَالَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ، جَعَلَنِي اللَّهُ فِدَاءَكَ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ عَلَيْكَ الْمَرْأَةَ ‏"‏‏.‏ فَقَلَبَ ثَوْبًا عَلَى وَجْهِهِ وَأَتَاهَا، فَأَلْقَاهَا عَلَيْهَا وَأَصْلَحَ لَهُمَا مَرْكَبَهُمَا فَرَكِبَا، وَاكْتَنَفْنَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم، فَلَمَّا أَشْرَفْنَا عَلَى الْمَدِينَةِ قَالَ ‏"‏ آيِبُونَ تَائِبُونَ عَابِدُونَ لِرَبِّنَا حَامِدُونَ ‏"‏‏.‏ فَلَمْ يَزَلْ يَقُولُ ذَلِكَ حَتَّى دَخَلَ الْمَدِينَةَ‏.‏

We were in the company of the Prophet (ﷺ) while returning from 'Usfan, and Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was riding his she-camel keeping Safiya bint Huyay riding behind him. His she-camel slipped and both of them fell down. Abu Talha jumped from his camel and said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! May Allah sacrifice me for you." The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Take care of the lady." So, Abu Talha covered his face with a garment and went to Safiya and covered her with it, and then he set right the condition of their shecamel so that both of them rode, and we were encircling Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) like a cover. When we approached Medina, the Prophet (ﷺ) said, "We are returning with repentance and worshipping and praising our Lord." He kept on saying this till he entered Medina.

Umm ul-Mukminin Safiyyah: The Jewish Wife of Muhammad(P)  Mohd Elfie Nieshaem Juferi

Introduction

There has been some criticism going around as to the nature of marriage of Safiyyah(R), the Jewish wife of Muhammad(P). A rabid missionary hostile to the Prophet Muhammad(P) had in fact the audacity to say that:
    Muhammad forced himself on a captured woman on the same day that he killed her father, husband and many of her relatives. He was a rapist.
    This statement made by this ignorant missionary is due not only to the gutter environment that he was brought up and subjected to, but also because of his inability to understand the circumstances surrounding this event. Insha'allah, our purpose here is to explain the circumstances and the nature of the marriage of Safiyyah to the Prophet(P).

The Marriage of the Prophet(P) to Safiyyah(R)

Safiyyah was the daughter of Huyayy ibn Akhtab, the undisputed leader of the Banu al-Nadir as well as a Jewish rabbi. Hence, she was of noble regal and rabbinical heritage. She became a captive of the Muslims when they seized al-Qamus, the fortress of Khaybar. When a Companion of the Prophet(P) heard of Safiyyah's captivity, he approached the Prophet(P) with a suggestion that since she was a lady of Banu al-Nadir, only the Prophet(P) was fit enough to marry her. The Prophet(P) agreed to this suggestion and hence granted her freedom and married her.

This significant act of marrying Safiyyah(R) was indeed a great honour for her, for this not only preserved her dignity, it also prevented her from becoming a slave. Haykal notes that:

The Prophet granted her freedom and then married her, following the examples of great conquerors who married the daughters and wives of the kings whom they had conquered, partly in order to alleviate their tragedy and partly to preserve their dignity.[1]

The marriage to Safiyyah(R) has a political significance as well, as it helps to reduce hostilities and cement alliances. John L. Esposito notes that

As was customary for Arab chiefs, many were political marriages to cement alliances. Others were marriages to the widows of his companions who had fallen in combat and were in need of protection.[2]

Indeed, when Bilal ibn Rabah(R), a Companion of the Prophet, brought Safiyyah along with another Jewess before him(P) by passing through the Jews that were slain in the battle, Muhammad(P) personally chided Bilal and said "Have you no compassion, Bilal, when you brought two women past their dead husbands?"[3]

As for the accusation that Safiyyah was coerced into marriage or taken advantage of, as alleged by a known Islamophobic, this claim has no basis at all. It is known that Safiyyah(R) remained loyal to the Prophet until he passed away.[4] We have in fact the Prophet(P) making the following offer to her, as recorded by Martin Lings:
    He [the Prophet Muhammad - Ed.] then told Safiyyah that he was prepared to set her free, and he offered her the choice between remaining a Jewess and returning to her people or entering Islam and becoming his wife. "I choose God and His Messenger," she said; and they were married at the first halt on the homeward march.[5]
    The other wives of the Prophet(P) used to show their jealousy of her by making slights upon her Jewish origin. But the Prophet(P) always defended her. Once Safiyyah was vexed to the extreme by the taunts of all the Arab wives of the Prophet(P). She took the complaint to the Prophet(P), who felt great compassion for her. He consoled and encouraged her. He equipped her with logic by saying: "Safiyyah, take courage and be bold. They are in no way superior to you. Tell them: I am a daughter of the Prophet Harun, a niece of the Prophet Musa, and a wife of the Prophet Muhammad". This is thus an excellent example of the Prophet Muhammad(P) trying to wipe out pre-Islamic anti-Semitism amongst the Arabs.

Conclusion

With the evidences laid bare before us, we do not see the justification of accusing the Prophet(P) of being a "rapist", as those anti-Islamic critics allege. That the Prophet(P) himself married Safiyyah(R) so as to avoid the certainty of her being a slave of the Muslims and helped her to defend herself from the taunts of her co-wives is enough proof that the Prophet(P) was a man of exemplary conduct and remained honourable even to relatives of his most bitter foes.

And only God knows best.

And all that is one of  stories rom my Malaysian friend  Mohd Elfie Nieshaem Juferi  trying to explain people like me  to a question, why Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) needed to marry all those women when he was already over 50.

Reply #738 - January 25, 2014, 06:35 PM

Marrying women after killing all their male family members, enslaving the female family members and kids is Allah's mercy and dignified for women! Where do these dum-dums come from? Are they human? Muhammad seems to hate his father-in-laws except for his rich fan Abu Bakr, the father of his beloved Aisha. Any other reason other than love for marriage is nasty. And Muhammad could have made a peace treaty with Safiyyah's tribe, instead of slaughtering them, to cement political relations. Anyways, if the tribe doesn't exist anymore what political bond is there to forge?
     Reply #739 - January 25, 2014, 06:59 PM

You're Swedish right? How are people there dropping like flies? Huh?

Dagon is right, I'm was born in Somalia.
     Reply #740 - March 24, 2014, 05:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ugD_co4EqQ

Mehdi Hasan goes Head to Head with Dr. Saeb Erekat, Chief Palestinian Negotiator, on whether the Palestinian leadership  

well after listening to that emotional words of Dr. Saeb Erekat., I can easily  say that guy was naive 19 years back and he is naive even to day., How on the is earth Saeb Erekat.  thinks that  John Kerry is going to solve that problem I don't understand.  

Reply #741 - March 24, 2014, 05:59 AM

Marrying women after killing all their male family members, enslaving the female family members and kids is Allah's mercy and dignified for women! Where do these dum-dums come from? Are they human? Muhammad seems to hate his father-in-laws except for his rich fan Abu Bakr, the father of his beloved Aisha. Any other reason other than love for marriage is nasty. And Muhammad could have made a peace treaty with Safiyyah's tribe, instead of slaughtering them, to cement political relations. Anyways, if the tribe doesn't exist anymore what political bond is there to forge?

There was NO SINGLE MUHAMMAD is Islam.. Muhammad means simply a praise worthy person/leader

I would say by the time Quran has become some sort of a book,  early Islam had many Muhammads...   and all their stories were printed as one guy..

Reply #742 - March 24, 2014, 09:46 AM

I'd have to say Israel on this.  Second what Toona said.  This is coming from a person who used to attented protests at the israeli embassy with palestinian friends when I was into that foolery.

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
     Reply #743 - March 24, 2014, 12:29 PM

I'd have to say Israel on this.  Second what Toona said. This is coming from a person who used to attented protests at the israeli embassy with palestinian friends when I was into that foolery.

The demography of Israel is monitored by the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. The State of Israel has a population of approximately 8,134,100 inhabitants as of the end of 2013.[2] 75% percent of them are Jewish (about 6,102,900 individuals),  20.7% are Arabs (about 1,683,200 individuals),

Religious makeup, 2011[23]
    Group       Population                  %
    Jews             5,907,500               75.4%
    Muslims         1,354,300             17.3%
    Christians          155,100                2.0%
    Druze             129,800                 1.6%
    Other              289,900                  3.7%

And that is from wiki  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel., Questiion is which Musli country that is born in 1940s has  23% of minority population??   REMOVE ISLAM from Palestinian brains,  I will make a Palestinian as president of Israel

the so called Palestine areas should also have  17% Jewish population..... as Israel has 17% of Muslim folks.

Reply #744 - March 24, 2014, 12:30 PM

Supporting Israel would just be illogical. They have no actual right to be in that land, let alone kill the indigenous population. It's irrelevant how Palestine would turn out, using hypotheticals. Israel today is extremely racist, look at how they treat black immigrants from East Africa.
     Reply #745 - March 24, 2014, 12:35 PM

Supporting Israel would just be illogical. They have no actual right to be in that land, let alone kill the indigenous population. It's irrelevant how Palestine would turn out, using hypotheticals.

Israel today is extremely racist, look at how they treat black immigrants from East Africa.

let us not mix Israel/Palestine problem  or jewish/Muslim problem or Judaism/Islam problem in to racism., that is a separate Issue

Reply #746 - March 24, 2014, 12:37 PM

Some people have argued in favour of Israel due to how Palestine may turn out, I'm just saying that in that regard Israel wouldn't be much better
     Reply #747 - March 24, 2014, 12:53 PM

Some people have argued in favour of Israel due to how Palestine may turn out, I'm just saying that in that regard Israel wouldn't be much better

it is much easier to beat Israeli STUPID JEWS who are racist and it is much easier to solve that problem than Israel/Palestinian problem .. Racism is everywhere including in Islamic lands.  Sure immigrants from East Africa, if they move to Turkey they will face similar problems there also....  You can see racist attitude even in that east west African country Liberia .. Do you know how AMRIKANS who moved to  Liberia  treated East African migrants in Liberia??  do you know why there was a civil war in that country even though it was out of colonial rule in 18th century?

In 1820, the American Colonization Society (ACS) began sending African Americans volunteers to the Pepper Coast to establish a colony for freed African Americans. The American Colonisation Society is now widely regarded as being a failure in this effort - only an estimated 528 "free" African Americans were convinced to move to Liberia. These free African Americans came to identify themselves as Americo-Liberian, developing a cultural tradition infused with American notions of racial supremacy, and political republicanism.[6] The ACS, a private organization supported by prominent American politicians such as Abraham Lincoln, Henry Clay, and James Monroe, believed repatriation was preferable to emancipation of slaves.[7] Similar organizations established colonies in Mississippi-in-Africa and the Republic of Maryland, which were later annexed by Liberia. On July 26, 1847, the settlers issued a Declaration of Independence and promulgated a constitution, which, based on the political principles denoted in the United States Constitution, created the independent Republic of Liberia

Reply #748 - March 24, 2014, 04:08 PM

I think it's best to not support any of them, or support the best causes in each party.

Israel's atrocities are well known and they too are a religious oriented establishment like Iran and Saudi Arabia (though to a lesser extent). The creation of Israel itself and the idea of a Jewish homeland is ridiculous and is derived from an outdated book. The good thing about Israel is their higher standards in the quality of life, and their enormous contribution to science, which I can appreciate. Their contemporaries in the Middle-East fall well behind. They are also relatively more secular than most of their Arab counterparts.

On the other hand, you have Palestinians who are clearly not interested in secularizing (though I suppose they really haven't had the chance, but I remain skeptical). I could very well see Palestine become like any other Muslim theocracy. However, their cause is very sympathetic. I mean, they get brutalized year after year.

I doubt we will see a resolve in the conflict for a long time. The ideal scenario would be a unified state, where Arabs and Jews hold hands realizing they have a common heritage. Where both sides become more secular (which would really solve so many problems in the world).
     Reply #749 - March 25, 2014, 11:15 AM

There's too much to consider when thinking about the conflict. BUT, the one thing I do know is this:

If the Palestinians had their way, Israel would be likely wiped out, and the Palestinian country that takes its place would most likely be just another unproductive third-world Islamic country. The oppression of women and non-Muslims, along with the many other quirks that come with an Islamic theocracy will prevail, and that's not something I'd wish on anyone.

Pretty much this. Also, given how long it's been since Israel was established, regardless of whether or not establishing a Jewish homeland was legitimate, it is here now and it's not feasible for the country to be wiped out. The Arabs need to come to the table with that in mind and drop this "we refuse to recognize Israel" BS.
  • Previous page 1 ... 23 24 2526 27 ... 38 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »