Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Which one (if any) are you more inclined to side with? (Give reasons)
  • Israel - 50 (30.5%)
  • Palestine - 114 (69.5%)
  • Total Voters: 163

Topic: Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?

(Read 202489 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 8 ... 38 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?
     Reply #150 - May 27, 2011, 03:51 PM

Huh!.. There you go..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnDuv_b2Joc

kill..kill.. juice...

Well.. India and Indians are lucky.,  Without Americans controlling Land of pure, Land of Sand and land Stones   South Asia would have had lot more such killings...

Boy Indians must be blasting such news on their news channels..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #151 - May 28, 2011, 11:25 AM

from  HighOctane on May 25, 2011, 02:55 PM:

How long did it take you to do the 180 degrees? 10 years? I was talking to a friend about this recently, the cases when people do U-turns in their opinions.

well that was 10 years back I started questioning after learning juice and Israel location and its geography..  and movies like this The story like Muhamad Al-Dura, Islamic stories and Islamic history.. careful reading of Quran did the Job..  And gillions of kill kill kill juices videos from Palestine Islamic heroes..  Took me out of that programmed support of Palestinians..  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HlaVpqUXF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34Yx0SGgcZU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg3m3t87-dk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FHHZ-BOMuI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSt9w585e7I

The world is watching.....    those days are over....Stupid people .....

Reply #152 - May 28, 2011, 06:22 PM

^^

I really don't think most Palestinians are extremists at all. Injustice, oppression and humiliation drives people into such belligerent thinking.
     Reply #153 - May 28, 2011, 07:06 PM

^^

I really don't think most Palestinians are extremists at all. Injustice, oppression and humiliation drives people into such belligerent thinking.

No..No.. no..

Injustice, oppression and humiliation does NOT  drives people into such belligerent thinking  and doing.. then  you don't  know how juice were humiliated., how American Indians were Humiliated and you don't know how Spaniards humiliated south Americans...  and you don't know how this man

and his folks were humiliated in South Africa..

It is Islam.. Islam and Islam..  Take that out of equation I will solve Palestinian problem in MONTHS if not weeks...

Reply #154 - May 28, 2011, 08:46 PM

Pro for the establishment of both an ISRAELI state and a PALESTINIAN state. Leave Anti Semiticism behind!
     Reply #155 - May 28, 2011, 09:19 PM

It is Islam.. Islam and Islam..  Take that out of equation I will solve Palestinian problem in MONTHS if not weeks...

It's the fault of Islam that Israel occupies the golan heights, shebaa farms, west bank and has gaza under a siege. Its the fault of Islam that the Israeli PM (elected by israelis) doesn't want to go back to the '67 borders, its Islam's fault he believes God gave them deeds to that land.

Its always Islam isn't it?  Roll Eyes  You're like a broken record.
     Reply #156 - May 28, 2011, 10:36 PM

yeezevee - thanks for all the videos btw. You're like a walking, talking Middle East political consultant who should be working at a think-tank!
     Reply #157 - May 28, 2011, 11:11 PM

Pro for the establishment of both an ISRAELI state and a PALESTINIAN state. Leave Anti Semiticism behind!

You really think that's possible? Would be great,but.......................
    Unless and until Islam becomes like what Christianity is today, where rabid mullahs and so called Islamic scholars are isolated and ridiculed like the Christian fundies and theologicians,the insanity in the middle east will go on.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #158 - May 28, 2011, 11:16 PM

Huh!.. There you go..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnDuv_b2Joc

kill..kill.. juice...

Well.. India and Indians are lucky.,  Without Americans controlling Land of pure, Land of Sand and land Stones   South Asia would have had lot more such killings...

Boy Indians must be blasting such news on their news channels..

Don't talk rubbish,it's a conspiracy by the Zionists and Hindu kafirs to malign the fair name of Islam and the land of pure!  Lmao

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #159 - May 29, 2011, 12:46 AM

It's the fault of Islam that Israel occupies the golan heights, shebaa farms, west bank and has gaza under a siege. Its the fault of Islam that the Israeli PM (elected by israelis) doesn't want to go back to the '67 borders, its Islam's fault he believes God gave them deeds to that land.

Yes.. Aphrodite  yes.,  I WILL SAY  YES. even if you split my heart with that sword I see in your hand..

Yes it is the fault of Islam that Jews were forced to move in to that Land, Yes   it is Islam that powered that 1967 war., Yes it is Islam through Idiots like these

And nexus between Nazis and Rogue leaders of Islam that you see in picture along with Chamberlain type  dhimmis that forced Jews to take that action of making their own country  

Its always Islam isn't it?  Roll Eyes You're like a broken record.

Yes you will hear that broken record  dear Aphrodite  as long as I hear kill kill juice from mullahs in Muslim crowd  and I see  these Islamic bimbos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXz_-MHHOHU

train children to hate Jewish folks  and as long as Mullah baboons preach hate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQERHieZHcg

in mosques.. You will hear that broken record from yeezevee dear Aphrodite ...

The only way to make that place livable to all is take the borders away, Stop this Islamic rubbish from nations around that land and let Jews and Palestinians  live their life with out interference from others... Palestinians must get rid of their leaders  and become a nation with a million or so Jewish folks living inside Palestine,  in the same way as Muslim folks are  living in Israel and participating in   elections..

Well Jews gave up their land and their belonging  where they were living across middle east Muslim nations before 1946.. So why not take some of the Palestinians instead of forcing them  in to camps and ghettos since 50 years?

This Islamic disease of EVERY ONE IN THE NATION MUST BE MUSLIM  has to be eliminated from the mind of Muslims.

Then only peace will come to that land..

Reply #160 - May 29, 2011, 04:36 PM

No..No.. no..

Injustice, oppression and humiliation does NOT  drives people into such belligerent thinking  and doing.. then  you don't  know how juice were humiliated., how American Indians were Humiliated and you don't know how Spaniards humiliated south Americans...  and you don't know how this man

(Clicky for piccy!)

are you saying American Indians just passively accepted the conquest of their lands? No, I'm sure they resisted in every way possible.

But what you've got to realise is that Palestinians are only drawn to extremism because of the situation they find themselves in - their rhetoric would take on a more nationalistic but equally vociferous tone if they didn't have religion.

Although I personally favour nonviolent resistance myself (like what they had in Mandela's SA and Gandi's India) but there is some truth to the old adage that "violence begets violence" - it's just human nature...
     Reply #161 - May 29, 2011, 04:44 PM

Yes.. Aphrodite  yes.,  I WILL SAY  YES. even if you split my heart with that sword I see in your hand..

Yes it is the fault of Islam that Jews were forced to move in to that Land, Yes   it is Islam that powered that 1967 war., Yes it is Islam through Idiots like these

(Clicky for piccy!)

(Clicky for piccy!)

And nexus between Nazis and Rogue leaders of Islam that you see in picture along with Chamberlain type  dhimmis that forced Jews to take that action of making their own country  

By your logic, since some early Zionist groups had contact with the Nazis, then Judaism is at fault:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehi_%28group%29#Contact_with_Nazi_Germany

Roll Eyes Get real, yeez.

No..No.. no..

Injustice, oppression and humiliation does NOT  drives people into such belligerent thinking  and doing.. then  you don't  know how juice were humiliated., how American Indians were Humiliated and you don't know how Spaniards humiliated south Americans...  and you don't know how this man

(Clicky for piccy!)

Yeah, Nelson Mandela, who was head of the ANC's armed wing, Umkhonto We Sizwe, and was considered a "terrorist" organization by the West for their armed struggle against the Apartheid state. Liberal pacifists may not like it, but the truth is Mandela had more in common with Yassir Arafat than Mohandas Gandhi or Martin Luther King, Jr.

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
     Reply #162 - May 29, 2011, 05:19 PM

By your logic, since some early Zionist groups had contact with the Nazis, then Judaism is at fault:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehi_%28group%29#Contact_with_Nazi_Germany

That is an interesting fact.

But the wiki entry is somewhat incomplete. The contacts between the two pre-date 1940.

On 26th of September 1937 Eichmann himself was about to visit Tel Aviv; Reinhard Heydrich (Himmler predecessor) himself accepted the invitation from Feivel Polkes , a senior member of Hagana (Jewish paramilitary organization) in order to facilitate the 'emigration' of Jews from territories Nazis occupied to Palestine. Therefore radical Zionists and Nazis shared a common interest here -removal of Jews from Europe; a sort of ethnic cleansing.

Therefore Zionism is in itself anti-semitic.

Yeah, Nelson Mandela, who was head of the ANC's armed wing, Umkhonto We Sizwe, and was considered a "terrorist" organization by the West for their armed struggle against the Apartheid state. Liberal pacifists may not like it, but the truth is Mandela had more in common with Yassir Arafat than Mohandas Gandhi or Martin Luther King, Jr.

True.
    But a distinction has to be made here between Mandela and the likes of Hamas or Hezbollah (btw I am not implying that you were comparing them).
    Mandela's struggle was progressive, Hamas and Hezbollah are in most parts deeply reactionary organizations.
     Reply #163 - May 29, 2011, 05:26 PM

That is an interesting fact.

But the wiki entry is somewhat incomplete. The contacts between the two pre-date 1940.

On 26th of September 1937 Eichmann himself was about to visit Tel Aviv; Reinhard Heydrich (Himmler predecessor) himself accepted the invitation from Feivel Polkes , a senior member of Hagana (Jewish paramilitary organization) in order to facilitate the 'emigration' of Jews from territories Nazis occupied to Palestine. Therefore radical Zionists and Nazis shared a common interest here -removal of Jews from Europe; a sort of ethnic cleansing.

You should fix the article then. Please. Smiley

But a distinction has to be made here between Mandela and the likes of Hamas or Hezbollah (btw I am not implying that you were comparing them).
    Mandela's struggle was progressive, Hamas and Hezbollah are in most parts deeply reactionary organizations.

Yeah, but anti-Palestinian folks and staunch Zionists don't tend to draw an important distinction between the secular armed groups like Fatah, the PFLP and the DFLP and groups like Hamas-- to them they're all just dirty Pallies fighting against the righteous Israelis. I definitely get the sense that yeez is just lumping them all together.

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
     Reply #164 - May 29, 2011, 09:07 PM

You should fix the article then. Please. Smiley

The article you linked refers to Stern Gang and the bits I mentioned are work of another organization called Haganah.
    Haganah's entry does not mention cooperation with Nazis at all and it should be supplemented with the relevant info.

This is the source: David Yisraeli, The Palestine Problem in German Politics 1889-1945 (Hebrew), Bar-Ilan university, Appendix (German): Geheime Kommandosache Bericht, pp.301-2

http://www.marxists.de/middleast/brenner/ch08.htm

The Eichmann-Polkes conversations were recorded in a report prepared by Eichmann’s superior, Franz-Albert Six, which was found in the SS files captured by the American Army at the end of the Second World War:

Polkes is a national-Zionist He is against all Jews who are opposed to the erection of a Jewish state in Palestine. As a Haganah man he fights against Communism and all aims of Arab-British friendship ... He noted that the Haganah’s goal is to reach, as soon as possible, a Jewish majority in Palestine. Therefore he worked, as this objective required, with or against the British Intelligence Service, the Sureté Generale, with England and Italy ... He declared himself willing to work for Germany in the form of providing intelligence as long as this does not oppose his own political goals. Among other things he would support German foreign policy in the Near East. He would try to find oil sources for the German Reich without affecting British spheres of interest if the German monetary regulations were eased for Jewish emigrants to Palestine.

Pressure can be put on the Reich Representation of Jews in Germany in such a way that those Jews emigrating from Germany go exclusively to Palestine and not go to other countries. Such measures lie entirely in the German interest and is already prepared through measures of the Gestapo. Polkes’ plans to create a Jewish majority in Palestine would be aided at the same time through these measures.

Reply #165 - May 29, 2011, 09:18 PM

Yeah, Nelson Mandela, who was head of the ANC's armed wing, Umkhonto We Sizwe, and was considered a "terrorist" organization by the West for their armed struggle against the Apartheid state

I'm not flaming, but I kid you not Zakir Naik once used that same argument about ANC being a terrorist organization! o_O
     Reply #166 - May 29, 2011, 09:43 PM

Count Bernadotte, a Swedish man who negotiated for the release of over 30,000 Nazi Concentration Camp prisoners including almost 500 Danish Jews, was killed by a militant Zionist group when he tried negotiating a peace settlement between the Arabs and the Israelis in 1948.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folke_Bernadotte

The leader of that Zionist group that ordered that assassination would later become the PRIME MINISTER of Israel, Yitzhak Shamir.

And in another mention of Zionist militancy (terrorism) Menachem Begin, former Israeli PM, was head of a Zionist terrorist group known as the Irgun when it committed the King David Hotel bombing and the Deir Yassin massacre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deir_Yassin_massacre

Aerial Sharon also commanded the IDF during the Qibya massacre, which lead to the killing of 69 Palestinian civilians.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qibya_massacre

I dont see Islam Islam Islam being a fault of these acts now am i??

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #167 - May 29, 2011, 09:46 PM

Found this gem on reddit

Dear Sir or Madam,

­ ­

You have made a post that dares to criticize Israel. As you know, this makes you an anti-semite.

I would like to point out the following facts that are relevant to the discussion:

­

[V] 6 million Jews died in the holocaust.

[V] You are an anti semite.

[ ] Israel made the desert bloom and we have beautiful beaches.

[V] The Jews have been persecuted for thousands of years.

[V] All arabs want to push the Jews into the sea.

[V] Israel is a shining example of democracy and ethnic discrimination does not exist.

[ ] Suicide bombers are killing Israeli citizens and collective punishment will put a stop to this eventually.

[ ] The IDF are showing remarkable restraint; They have the power to nuke the entire region but choose not to.

[ ] It is the fault of the Palestinians that they don't rebuild infrastructure fast enough after we bomb it.

[ ] Arafat walked out on camp David, proving that 100% of Palestinians want war, not peace.

[ ] The Jews are God's chosen people™ and this is the land that was promised to us by a book.

[ ] It is not a genocide until hundreds of thousands of Palestinans are killed and we aren't even close to that yet.

[ ] 100% of Palestinians are terrorists.

[ ] The Arabs drove the Jews from their homeland thousands of years ago so it is about time for some payback.

[ ] Israel has killed fewer people than Iran or Iraq which means we are a peaceful state.

[ ] Carpet bombing an entire country is a perfectly rational response to the kidnapping of a soldier.

[ ] It's not a concentration camp, it's a safety wall!

­

Therefore, your claim of [Jews are not victims] is false and we should continue to send money and military support to Israel.

Yours sincerely,

AIPAC

P.S. you are an anti-semite.

Reply #168 - May 29, 2011, 10:04 PM

author=atheist.pk

Count Bernadotte was killed by a militant Zionist group

The leader of that Zionist group that ordered that assassination  Yitzhak Shamir.

Menachem Begin, former Israeli PM, was head of a Zionist terrorist group known as the Irgun

Aerial Sharon also commanded the IDF during the Qibya massacre

let me give you the list of more massacres for you atheist.pk    here

I dont see Islam Islam Islam being a fault of these acts now am i??

Islam's fault lies at its core right from the start, where as faults of jews/Christians/pagans ..whatever is with them..

do their preachers shout in their preaching places to their followers  "kill kill Muslims because my sod said here in this scripture??" Your list is 3 may go up to 100.. other side lis  runs in to 1000s and on top of it they kill each other more than they kill others..

Reply #169 - May 29, 2011, 10:09 PM

Those are some good points atheist.pk

Motivation for Bernadotte: "The group regarded Bernadotte as a stooge of the British and their Arab allies, and therefore as a serious threat to the emerging state of Israel"

Motivation behind King David Hotel bombing : "Hotel housed the nerve centre of British rule in Palestine".[8] Specifically, the Irgun aimed at destroying the southern wing of the hotel, which housed the Mandate's intelligence records about Irgun, the Hagana, Lehi, and other Jewish paramilitary groups.[6]"

Well the first two are politically motivated in terms of leadership and influential people which would determine the making of Israel. A bit different to sheer civilian killing driven by a religious catalyst like Islam. Today the leadership/influence battle with people who'll make history lies with the peace talks ... if certain Palestinians groups accept the right for Israel's existence ...

Deir Yassin massacre: "The attack on the village was important for two reasons, according to Yehuda Lapidot of the Irgun. In the view of Irgun and Lehi, it posed a threat to Jewish neighborhoods and the main road to the coastal plain, and it was the first time Jewish forces had gone on the offensive, as opposed to responding to attacks. An assault on the village would show the Arabs the Jews intended to fight for Jerusalem"

This is holy land bloodshed. Never good :(

Qibya massacre: "Force had to be used to demonstrate to the Arabs that Israel was in the Middle East to stay, Ben Gurion believed, and to that end he felt strongly that his retaliatory policy had to be continued.[14]"

I think this incident was completely unacceptable by Israel. "The act was condemned by the U.S. State Department, the UN Security Council, and by Jewish communities worldwide."
     Reply #170 - May 29, 2011, 10:11 PM

Found this gem on reddit

P.S. you are an anti-semite.

http://www.za3tar.net/2011/05/12/israel-apologist-form/

Reply #171 - May 30, 2011, 08:27 AM

The "Israeli Geography 101" song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kclUjTG4rIk

Reply #172 - May 30, 2011, 01:40 PM

The "Israeli Geography 101" song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kclUjTG4rIk

writing rhyming words and singing songs is not difficult task dear atheist.pk..

Ground realities are different., Unless Palestinians and their leaders shape up  throwing  that Islamic   Mambo-jumbo out of their lives and plan properly how to co-exist Jewish folks that is going to go forever and lives of those living there get tougher and tougher.  That problem could have been easily solved number of times in 1950s and 1960s, 1970s and even as recent as President Clinton times.  Palestinians don't realize all the Arab fuckers.. the leaders  in power simply using them and that problem for staying in power..

Reply #173 - May 30, 2011, 02:56 PM

Kinda related:

Who cares in the Middle East what Obama says?

President Obama has shown himself to be weak in his dealings with the Middle East, says Robert Fisk, and the Arab world is turning its back with contempt. Its future will be shaped without American influence

This month, in the Middle East, has seen the unmaking of the President of the United States. More than that, it has witnessed the lowest prestige of America in the region since Roosevelt met King Abdul Aziz on the USS Quincy in the Great Bitter Lake in 1945.

While Barack Obama and Benjamin Netanyahu played out their farce in Washington – Obama grovelling as usual – the Arabs got on with the serious business of changing their world, demonstrating and fighting and dying for freedoms they have never possessed. Obama waffled on about change in the Middle East – and about America's new role in the region. It was pathetic. "What is this 'role' thing?" an Egyptian friend asked me at the weekend. "Do they still believe we care about what they think?"

And it is true. Obama's failure to support the Arab revolutions until they were all but over lost the US most of its surviving credit in the region. Obama was silent on the overthrow of Ben Ali, only joined in the chorus of contempt for Mubarak two days before his flight, condemned the Syrian regime – which has killed more of its people than any other dynasty in this Arab "spring", save for the frightful Gaddafi – but makes it clear that he would be happy to see Assad survive, waves his puny fist at puny Bahrain's cruelty and remains absolutely, stunningly silent over Saudi Arabia. And he goes on his knees before Israel. Is it any wonder, then, that Arabs are turning their backs on America, not out of fury or anger, nor with threats or violence, but with contempt? It is the Arabs and their fellow Muslims of the Middle East who are themselves now making the decisions.

Full article:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/fisk/who-cares-in-the-middle-east-what-obama-says-2290761.html

Because of the waning influence of the US there won't be any more silence on the Israeli occupation. Israel must choose between peace or war. For its own sake it should go back to the '67 borders but the God of the Old testament disagrees and says something quite different...........
     Reply #174 - May 30, 2011, 03:26 PM

Reply #175 - May 30, 2011, 08:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_5lsbp7YmHI

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #176 - June 20, 2011, 12:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5drXEXkf9s&feature=player_embedded

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #177 - June 20, 2011, 12:25 PM

Not bad indeed  Cheesy
     Reply #178 - June 20, 2011, 12:55 PM

Yap.. Palestinians are getting gassed in Israel some of them are in Israeli Knesset., NormanfickleKhan doesn't know a secret why Juice and Palestinians are fighting for that piece of land.,  Secret is THERE WAS NO MUHAMMAD  AND THERE WAS NO MECCA.  Some juice like NormanfickleKhan   didn't like Judaism/Christianity and the rulers /priestly class of that time, so they created stories wrote some silly book added junk in to it with very important addition over that OT & NT., That addition use the basic instinct of brutal human being that is SEX AND HORROR after that defending it in the name of allah  to spread this ISLAMOJUICISM  ..

And that is the reason why juice and brainless bums of Palestinians can not live/did not live  in peace for     the past 1400 years..

Reply #179 - June 20, 2011, 01:05 PM

Finkelstein on Douglas

It is worth emphasising Akbar, for he – the greatest ruler of the most populous of all Muslim states – represented in one man so many of the values that we in the West are often apt to claim for ourselves. I am thinking here especially of Douglas Murray, a young neocon pup, who wrote in The Spectator last week that he “was not afraid to say the West’s values are better”, and in which he accused anyone who said to the contrary of moral confusion: “Decades of intense cultural rela-tivism and designer tribalism have made us terrified of passing judgment,” he wrote.

The article was a curtain-opener for an Intelligence Squared debate in which he and I faced each other, along with David Aaronovitch, Charlie Glass, Ibn Warraq and Tariq Ramadan, over the motion: “We should not be reluctant to assert the superiority of western values”. (The motion was eventually carried, I regret to say.)

Murray named western values as follows: the rule of law, parliamentary democracy, equality, and freedom of expression and conscience. He also argued that the Judeo-Christian tradition is the ethical source of these values.

Yet where do these ideas actually come from? Both Judaism and Christianity were not born in Washington or London, however much the Victorians liked to think of God as an Englishman. Instead they were born in Pales-tine, while Christianity received its intellectual superstructure in cities such as Antioch, Constanti-nople and Alexandria. At the Council of Nicea, where the words of the Creed were thrashed out in 325, there were more bishops from Persia and India than from western Europe.

Judaism and Christianity are every bit as much eastern religions as Islam or Buddhism. So much that we today value – universities, paper, the book, printing – were transmitted from East to West via the Islamic world, in most cases entering western Europe in the Middle Ages via Islamic Spain.

... and so on, and so forth with apologies for Islam ...
    http://www.normanfinkelstein.com/a-note-of-sanity/

Douglas on Finkelstein

MK: They argue the other thing. The ones I’ve spoken to have said what you say but say it’s harder for left-winger. It may be a different situation in America. Although there are a to radical in universities faculties… Have you heard of Norman Finkelstein?

DG: Yes.

MK: Because of his anti-Israel…

DG: That’s what he blames it on…

MK: He was kicked out of about three universities in New York and he’s now in De Paul in Chicago.

DG: Seriously? I mean Princeton has one right-wing thinker and a couple of other visiting professors. If you go around American campuses… Israel is a different matter in some way and I don’t think Finkelstein is write, incidentally, about that – there are many reasons not to employ him! But, it is true that Israel in America is regarded in a different light to here. But, my God, the thing that they say on the campuses there about Israel, about Jews, I mean all sort of calumnies and they still, what Roger Kimble called “tenured radicals” – America is rife with these people. In Britain, comprehensively so. In Britain the think-tanks comprehensively so – the most well funded, most government used thinktanks like Demos – it’s just the same old stuff being churned out. They think they are radicals but they’re the ones in charge. The saddest, best metaphor for this is Gordon Brown – in that famous characteristically chippy thing when he came into Downing Street and when he went to the Treasury dinner and it’s always meant to be black-tie and he wore a lounge suit. But you do have to think when there are people around who are Chancellor of the Exchequer and they still they are outcasts! Who are at the top of their universities, at the top of their board and have tea with the President and Prime Minister and things and they still think they are radicals?! This is what Aryana Flush called the “phoney radicals” and we are covered with them in the Left. They run down a street with a bandana on their head pretending to feel like Che Guevara.

MK: That’s what people say about Noam Chomsky. He says he’s so far outside the mainstream and yet he’s sold 300,000 books.,,

DG: I wish that I could sell half of Noam Chomsky’s books. I wish that anyone would. I mean there is a great attraction to this. You do really well, you get all the money, and you get all the acclaim and you still get to pretend you are an outcast.

http://www.thecommentfactory.com/douglas-murray-neoconservative-thinker-on-the-war-on-terror-and-islamism-3116/

So another way of looking at it: give the (sub-set of) people what they want to hear - and it sells.
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 8 ... 38 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »