Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Which one (if any) are you more inclined to side with? (Give reasons)
  • Israel - 50 (30.5%)
  • Palestine - 114 (69.5%)
  • Total Voters: 163

Topic: Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?

(Read 202507 times)
  • 12 3 ... 38 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?
     OP - May 18, 2011, 08:05 PM

I have kept the poll simple and purposely left out certain options to allow the complexity to arise through peoples explanations for their answers.
    Yes I know I am a complete bastard for doing so....oh well  Afro

The question is simple:
    Based on your knowledge of the problematic situation between Israel and Palestine (historically, modern or both) which side are you more willing to side with overall?

The contents of your decision can include weighing up the victimization of people, attacks against the opposing side, propaganda, embargo's etc etc.
  • Re: Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?
     Reply #1 - May 18, 2011, 08:09 PM

I support freedom  Smiley
     Reply #2 - May 18, 2011, 08:17 PM

I'm not really sure on arab politics and might make a stupid mistake, gonna watch spome discussions on here when they happen though.

07:54 <harakaat>: you must be jema
    07:54 <harakaat>: considering how annoying you are
     Reply #3 - May 18, 2011, 09:40 PM

Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?

As long as Muhammad's Islam is there and as long as I see the preachers like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MXz57L5qe0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtt8V25lGmc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rls9eRKyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPr8xRAHAy0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Evi2kizVSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJKg_Wgbx3U

any where IN THE WORLD. I will support Israel., There are 1000s of such fools if not in millions preaching islamic rubbish  every day to million of people through out the world.

So.,  there is NO WAY I WILL SUPPORT ISLAMIC PALESTINE...

In fact I would suggest to all Palestinians LEAVE ISLAM and join Israel.    And Those who loves their Islam  more than freedom should move out of Gaza strip and even

Move out of west bank and go in to the so called Islamic lands .. where Jewish folks were systematically eliminated by Muhammad's Islam.  

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - May 18, 2011, 09:43 PM

I wont support an islamic palestine and nor do i think had the jews not been there it would be a state called palestine. the arabs would have carved it for themselves. but screw israel. no justice no peace. israel can stop the construction of settlements , the destruction of Palestinian homes but they dont. what do they expect in return ? are they more civilized ? then why dont they act like it ?

speaks for it self:

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #5 - May 18, 2011, 09:44 PM

My sympathies increasingly lie with yeezevee. A man whose services to rhetoric will go unrewarded in his time.
     Reply #6 - May 18, 2011, 09:48 PM

I wont support an islamic palestine and nor do i think had the jews not been there it would be a state called palestine. the arabs would have carved it for themselves. but screw israel. no justice no peace. israel can stop the construction of settlements , the destruction of Palestinian homes but they dont. what do they expect in return ? are they more civilized ? then why dont they act like it ?

speaks for it self:
    (Clicky for piccy!)

Life of Jewish Folks DID NOT START IN 1947 dear canex., Their lives were systematically demonized and destroyed by  Muhammad's Islam  starting from Saudi Arabia the citadel of Islam itself and that started from Muhammad the Man  during his time..

So 1947 is NOT baseline or Borders for Israel., The only way for  Palestinians is move out of Islam in an engulf..  and join Israel as full fledged citizens of that country.  

Reply #7 - May 18, 2011, 11:00 PM

yeezee you act like the jews in israel arent racist and as crazy as the muslims in palestine they think they ahve a god given right tot he land and also view themselves as superior to all others and view others as lesser beings they are a racist and bigoted society that manipulates the media and information for their own benefit.
     Reply #8 - May 18, 2011, 11:05 PM

Israel!

(Yep,  I know I will be hated for this)
     Reply #9 - May 18, 2011, 11:16 PM

Israel!

Better dead than red Muslim. Roll Eyes

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #10 - May 18, 2011, 11:27 PM

@Yez CHRISTIAN Palestinians are treated just as bad as their muslim neighbours.
     Reply #11 - May 18, 2011, 11:34 PM

Life of Jewish Folks DID NOT START IN 1947 dear canex., Their lives were systematically demonized and destroyed by  Muhammad's Islam  starting from Saudi Arabia the citadel of Islam itself and that started from Muhammad the Man  during his time..

Life of Jewish folks did not start in 6th century, dear yeezevee.

It wasn't Muhammad who outed the Jews from Israel.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #12 - May 20, 2011, 04:07 AM

How about option three-none of the above. I have little regard for either party to the conflict at this point, and it irks me that it commands so much attention while other conflicts remain on the back burner. Almost the same amount of Jews that died during the Holocaust have been killed since 1994 in East and Central Africa due to outright genocide and war while the world watches.

"And lo, verily hath they spoken, not one of this tribe, upon whom these entreaties were beseeched for the Lord, could giveth a shit."

Read my blog here: http://dimunituvediva.wordpress.com/
     Reply #13 - May 20, 2011, 04:38 AM

Life of Jewish folks did not start in 6th century, dear yeezevee.

It wasn't Muhammad who outed the Jews from Israel.

You are right dear olweasel ., If Muhammad didn't oust/convert/kill  Jews from Saudi Arabia , they will be still living in Saudi Arabia . On top of it you write a manual in the name of Allah, So what Muhammad follower did is eliminate every Jew from all over middle east., So they need a place and Present Israel is a the right place for them..

here let us look at real life. Jewish population in different countries of Middle east...

1948                          1976

Morocco                                           265,000                       17,000

Algeria                                             140,000                            500

Tunisia                                             105,000                         2,000                                    

Libya                                                  38,000                              20

Egypt                                                100,000                            200

Iraq                                                   135,000                            400

Syria                                                   30,000                         4,350

Lebanon                                               5,000                            150

Yemen                                                55,000                          1,000

Aden                                                     8,000                                 0

Total                                                 881,000                        25,620

By the way that was 1976 in 2010 it is close to ZERO..  They all need to move out/convert or get killed..

So yes. I fully support Israel...  as long as we have Islamic preachers and verses in Quran  dear olweasel..

Reply #14 - May 20, 2011, 04:44 AM

@Yez CHRISTIAN Palestinians are treated just as bad as their muslim neighbours.

give me links and resources on Christian Palestinians dear Aphrodite  . Well make larger Israel without religious nut cases...

http://www.palestinefacts.org/pf_current_christians.php

Reply #15 - May 20, 2011, 04:49 AM

Would all those here in favor of Israel's dissolution like to suggest where the country's jews go and live when their position in the middle east becomes untenable?

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #16 - May 20, 2011, 04:49 AM

yeezee you act like the jews in israel arent racist and as crazy as the muslims in palestine they think they ahve a god given right tot he land and also view themselves as superior to all others and view others as lesser beings they are a racist and bigoted society that manipulates the media and information for their own benefit.

that was before internet .. now i see and I read dear superomario.. give me the links of juice preachers asking juice to kill Muslims.,  right in this thread you see at http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=15908.msg439766#msg439766

Get me some stuff from juice.. i will drink them alive...

Racist are every where ., what is that has to do with this religious racism ??   which is far more prevalent in Islamic society and in scriptures of Islam than any religion  with Islamic  preachers  day and night shouting in Mosques  dear superomario ?? 

Reply #17 - May 20, 2011, 07:15 AM

Israel!

None of us could possibly hate you as much as you hate yourself, your wavy hair, your brown skin, your family's national origin, and the religion of the parents you still can't stand up to, Uncle Tariq. Pip, pip, cheerio, Queen and Country! Long live the imperial boot of Britain, the US and Israel on the necks of the ignorant, savage muzzies and whoever else who's poor and not white Europeans who might get in our glorious empire's way-- am I a real Englishman now, guys? Please?

Spineless, self-hating, weak, bloodthirsty, oppression-loving chickenhawk. And the chickenhawk is by far the lowest form of political animal.

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
     Reply #18 - May 20, 2011, 08:03 AM

Would all those here in favor of Israel's dissolution like to suggest where the country's jews go and live when their position in the middle east becomes untenable?

The Jews shouldn't have to go anywhere. A single democratic secular state for both Palestinians and Jews (and anybody else who lives there) is the answer.
     Reply #19 - May 20, 2011, 08:32 AM

I am against both sides ^_^

But I picked pro Palestine since I had no better option.
    Reason: cause they are the ones in shittier conditions and most of them do not deserve this.

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #20 - May 20, 2011, 09:18 AM

Israel occupied my country,killed my people,destroyed their homes,made them into refugees,and violated their human rights. In short,I hate Israel because it's a terrorist and genocidal state.
     Reply #21 - May 20, 2011, 10:43 AM

Israel occupied my country,killed my people,destroyed their homes,made them into refugees,and violated their human rights. In short,I hate Israel because it's a terrorist and genocidal state.

I understand youe anger but I don't understand your words whyme89 ..  "genocidal".,

I would appreciate any links that puts some number on the  number of Palestinians died due to this Israeli genocide since 1946...

Reply #22 - May 20, 2011, 10:58 AM

Concise Timeline of Recent Israeli-Palestinian History

Nov 2, 1917    British issued the Balfour Declaration, viewed by Jews and Arabs as promising a “National Home” for the Jews in Palestine.

1936-1939   Arab Revolt led by Haj Amin Al-Husseini. Over 5,000 Arabs were killed according to some sources, mostly by British. Several hundred Jews were killed by Arabs. Husseini fled to Iraq and then to Nazi Germany.

May 15, 1948   Israel War of Independence (1948 War). Declaration of Israel as the Jewish State; British leave Palestine; Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, Saudi Arabia declared war on Israel. Egyptian, Syrian and Jordanian invasion began. See 1948 Israel War of Independence (1948 Arab-Israeli war) Timeline (Chronology) and Israel War of Independence

April 3, 1949   Armistice - Israel and Arab states agree to armistice. Israel gained about 50% more territory than was originally allotted to it by the UN Partition Plan.

Oct. 29, 1956 Suez Campaign. In retaliation for a series of escalating border raids as well as the closure of the straits of Tiran and Suez canal to Israeli shipping, and to prevent Egyptian use of newly acquired Soviet arms in a war, Israel invades the Sinai peninsula and occupies it for several months, with French and British collaboration.

May, 1964    PLO (Palestine Liberation Organization) founded with the aim of destroying Israel. The Palestinian National Charter (1968) officially called for liquidation of Israel.

May, 1967    Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser closes the straits of Tiran to Israeli shipping and dismisses UN peacekeeping force. Negotiations with US to reopen the Straits of Tiran fail.

June 5-10,1967   6-day war. Israel destroys the Egyptian air force on the ground, conquers and occupies Sinai and Gaza, then conquers the West Bank from Jordan, and Golan Heights from Syria. UN resolution 242 called for  Israeli withdrawal, establishment of peace. 1967 Six Day War Timeline (chronology)

Oct. 6, 1973    Yom Kippur War (October War). In a surprise attack on the Jewish day of atonement, Egypt retook the Suez canal and a narrow zone on the other side. Syria reconquered the Golan Heights. Following massive US and Soviet resupplying of the sides, Israel succeeded in pushing back the Syrians and threatening Damascus. In Sinai, the IDF crossed the Suez Canal and cut off the Egyptian Third Army.

March 26, 1979    Peace treaty signed between Egypt and Israel.

June 7, 1981    Israel destroys Iraqi Osirak nuclear reactor in daring raid.

Oct. 6, 1981    Egyptian President Anwar Sadat is assassinated while on the reviewing stand of a victory parade.

June 6, 1982    Massive Israeli invasion of Lebanon to fight PLO.

Sept. 13, 1993    Oslo Declaration of Principles - Israel and PLO agree to mutual recognition.

Sept 28, 1995    Oslo Interim Agreement signed. Palestinian Authority to be established.

Nov. 4, 1995    Israeli PM Yitzhak Rabin assassinated by right-wing Israeli fanatic Yigal Amir. Rabin is replaced by Shimon Peres

June, 1996    Right-Wing Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu elected Prime Minister in Israel, replacing Shimon Peres.

Sept, 1996    "Al-Aksa tunnel riots - Arab sources spread the false rumor that a gate opened in an underground tunnel tourist attraction by the Israeli government, endangered the foundations of the Al-Aqsa mosque. This caused several days of rioting and numerous casualties.

Jan 18, 1997    Israel and Palestinians reach agreement on Israeli redeployment in the West-Bank city of Hebron

Oct. 1998   Wye River Plantation talks result in an agreement for Israeli redeployment and release of political prisoners and renewed Palestinian commitment to correct its violations of the Oslo accords including excess police force, illegal arms and incitement in public media and education.

May 17, 1999    Israel elects Labor party leader and Former General Ehud Barak as Prime Minister in a landslide. Barak promises rapid progress toward peace.

March, 2000    Israeli-Syrian peace negotiations fail when Hafez Assad rejects an Israeli offer relayed by US President Clinton in Geneva.

Sept. 28, 2000    Palestinians initiated riots after Israeli opposition leader Ariel Sharon  visited the Temple Mount, which is also the location of the Haram as Sharif holy to Muslims. Start of Second Intifada See Second Intifada Timeline Second Intifada

Feb 6, 2001    Right-wing Likud leader Ariel Sharon elected Prime Minister in Israel replacing Ehud Barak and promising "peace and security."

Sept. 11, 2001    Terror attacks on World Trade Center in NYC and the Pentagon carried out by fanatic Islamic Al-Qaida group headed by Osama Bin Laden initiate US war on terror. Israel and Palestinians agree to a cease fire, but it is not implemented.

March-April 2002    Israel conducts operation Defensive Shield in the West Bank, following a large number of Palestinian suicide attacks on civilian targets. Saudi peace initiative adopted at Beirut summit.

Jan 28, 2003    Elections in Israel give wide margin (40 seats) to right wing Likud party, returning PM Ariel Sharon for another term.

March 19,2003    US begins invasion of Iraq by a strike against a building where Saddam Hussein and other leaders are meeting. Baghdad falls, April 9.

]uly 9, 2004    International court of Justice (ICJ) rules that the Israeli security barrier violates international law and must be torn down.

Nov 11, 2004    Palestinian Authority President Yasser Arafat dies.

an 9, 2005    Mahmoud Abbas elected President of the Palestinian National Authority.

Jan 10, 2005    Ariel Sharon forms unity government with Labor and United Torah Judaism parties in Israel.

April 2005    Ariel Sharon visits US President George Bush at his Texas ranch. Syrian Army leaves Lebanon, officially ending Syrian occupation.

May 26, 2005    Mahmud Abbas visits  US President George Bush at the White House, an important symbolic gesture signaling US backing for Abbas and Palestinian aspirations. Israel releases 400 Palestinian prisoners including some with blood on their hands.  Britain confirms "low level" negotiations with Hamas.

June,  2005    Violence flares in Gaza. US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice visits Palestinian and Israeli leaders to ensure coordination of Israeli withdrawal from Gaza. Israeli PM Ariel Sharon and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas meet in Jerusalem June 21. Sharon announces that Palestinians have promised to coordinate regarding Gaza withdrawal. PM Abbas postpones Palestinian legislative elections in order to change the election law, amidst growing concern that Hamas will trounce Abbas's Fatah party in the elections. Lebanese elections give a decisive majority to the opposition to Syria, led by Saad Hariri, son of slain leader Rafiq Hariri.
    Aug. 15, 2005    Disengagement - Israeli evacuation of Gaza settlements and four West Bank settlements began on August 15 and was completed August 24.

Reply #23 - May 20, 2011, 11:08 AM

What i am?

I support Edward Saids ideas/views AND Martin Bubers ideas/views

I support One-State-Solution

With other words. I strongly dislike the following:

The Netanyahu-adminstration
    Mahmoud Abbas
    PLO
    Knesset
    Hamas

I consider myself a friend of:

Peaceloving Palestinians and  Israelis.

And finally i recommend you all to read the following book by Amos Oz (i dont agree with him on everything) and Izzat Al-Ghazzawi: http://www.amazon.com/How-Cure-Fanatic-Amos-Oz/dp/0691126690

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #24 - May 20, 2011, 11:15 AM

Sorry for it but i will abstain from voting - even though i am more inclined to be Pro Palestine. But this is not a schoolyard fight where you pick a side. This is a conflict which could be solved if people but empathy, reconciliation and peace before EVERYTHING else. And  especially before political ideologies and passive dimwits like the  Abrahamic God who just makes this conflict worser by acting all  Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde.

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #25 - May 20, 2011, 11:32 AM

Sorry for it but i will abstain from voting - even though i am more inclined to be Pro Palestine. But this is not a schoolyard fight where you pick a side. This is a conflict which could be solved if people but empathy, reconciliation and peace before EVERYTHING else. And  especially before political ideologies and passive dimwits like the  Abrahamic God who just makes this conflict worser by acting all  Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde. finmad finmad finmad finmad finmad

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ clap clap clap ^^^^^^^^^^^^

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #26 - May 20, 2011, 02:43 PM

I'd side with Israel, just for the fact that as much as Jews are selfish assholes, they are active pioneers for the future, in science and technology along with the rest of the worl. Israel took a dry hellish desert area and turned it into someplace liveable. I fear if the state is split and there is a Palestinian state, I fear it might be another Pakistan, a broken ugly society, overrun with fuddies to piss off other non-Islamic states. I mean it sucks that the Palestinians had 'their land taken from them, but I'd wish both of them would just shut fuck up and share.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #27 - May 20, 2011, 02:47 PM

I support Israel because of many reasons, and so I selected it in the poll, although my preference would be a two-state solution because I see no other way really...

Some things to point out: A survey found:

77% of Israeli Arabs would rather live in Israel than in any other country in the world, or that,
    73% of the Jews and 94% of the Arabs want Israel to "be a society in which Arab and Jewish citizens have mutual respect and equal opportunities.
    According to the poll, 68% of Jewish citizens support teaching conversational Arabic in Jewish schools to help bring Arab and Jewish citizens together.

I believe there is a big difference between Israeli government policy, and everyday Israeli citizens...

This tells me that whilst I believe Israeli foreign policy is regrettable but in some cases expectable given the circumstances by which Israel is in, I do believe that the majority of people in Israel have a much more conscious understanding of a pluralistic society, of secularism, of democracy, of womens rights, of gay rights, of free speech, of freedom of and from religion, and much more. It is these qualities  that lend my support to the Israeli people.

Regardless of Israeli and the Jewish communities contribution to the world (its disproportionate contribution), they've been on the wrong end of the boot for hundreds of years which is why I think it is expected that Israeli foreign policy is as controversial as it is, and why I understand that when the nations around it harbour terrorist organisations and psychotic theocrats bent on its destruction, Israel may in fact give a damn about protecting its own citizens.

Israel's seven research universities (excluding the Open University) are consistently ranked among top 500 in the world. Israel ranks third in the world in the number of academic degrees per capita (20 percent of the population). Israel has produced five Nobel Prize-winning scientists since 2002 and publishes among the most scientific papers per capita of any country in the world. Israel has the most museums per capita in the world. Israel leads world in stem cell research papers per capita since 2000. In 2009 Israel was ranked 2nd among 20 top countries in space sciences by Thomson Reuters agency. Over 90% of Israeli homes use solar energy for hot water, the highest per capita in the world. Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East, and permits gay adoptions and protects gays from discrimination both in society and in the military.

Whilst I think Israel has blood on its hands due to its foreign policy, and they could be perhaps more diplomatic in their approach to certain things... as a gay, freedom-loving, secularist, atheist, humanist and whatever else... there is only one country in the Middle East that I would ever live in... Israel. Smiley

I do believe, however, that a two-state solution is perhaps the best way because I don't see how else you can fix something like this. And as sad as it seems, a two-state solution would no doubt show why Israel has been a success story, lending its importance to science, academics, democracy, individual liberty... over religion. If Palestine existed as a country, it would no doubt have the exact same problems as any other theocratic nation, only those criticising Israel probably wouldn't bother criticising the human rights abuses going on in any other country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yix1AnBnU4
     Reply #28 - May 20, 2011, 03:00 PM

I didn't vote as I am neither for nor against any particular Nation State on earth - which within them contain a multitude of political, religious and social views, policies etc... as well as wonderful people and arseholes (and the various shades in between.)

I am only Pro-human beings and Pro a peaceful settlement that will allow Jews and Arabs to live in peace, security, liberty and dignity.
     Reply #29 - May 20, 2011, 03:12 PM

Quote from: Al-Ma`arri
    What i am?

I support Edward Saids ideas/views AND Martin Bubers ideas/views

Edward Said was a wretched dhimmi driven by the utterly vain hope that the Arab Muslims would accept the Arab Christians as equal "fellow Arabs" in some kind of ecumenical "united Arab front" against Israel and the "orientalist imperialist" "west". Said's pathetic dhimmi efforts to curry a pat on the head for himself and his fellow Arab Christians by flattering Muslims' unwarranted sense of historical victimhood and parroting the standard Islamic anti-western, anti-Israel rhetoric have however proved fruitless and the Arab Christians continue to be regarded as very much "THE OTHER" by those by whom they pathetically long to be accepted as equals but by whom they instead get the shit repeatedly kicked out of them.

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
  • 12 3 ... 38 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »