Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ram, Come In

(Read 23622 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Ram, Come In
     Reply #30 - May 21, 2011, 08:39 PM

“Cult is an ugly word.” How interesting! But cult is the mother of culture. Without cult there would be no culture.

*drumroll*

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #31 - May 21, 2011, 09:00 PM

m
     Reply #32 - May 21, 2011, 10:26 PM

Saathiya is doing her job of maligning Hinduism. I commend her for doing the job to the best of her “abilties” Spreading untruths is not a crime.

Yeh, i dont have a firm grip on the religion yet but that will change through time.  What special "ability" do I need to tell you that praying to statues (and Hindus DO pray to it) and worshipping cows, snakes, rats and other animals is primitive?  Does one need a degree to see the retardation in this?  I'm sure you can spread the truth to me.  Smiley

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #33 - May 22, 2011, 03:12 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L71FAhl7Yfo&feature=related

Famous Reflections on the Bhagavad Gita
    Albert Einstein: When I read the Bhagavad-Gita and reflect about how God created this universe everything else seems so superfluous.
    Mahatma Gandhi: When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and I see not one ray of hope on the horizon, I turn to Bhagavad-gita and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. Those who meditate on the Gita will derive fresh joy and new meanings from it every day.
    Henry David Thoreau: In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous and cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagavad-gita, in comparison with which our modern world and its literature seem puny and trivial.
    Dr. Albert Schweitzer: The Bhagavad-Gita has a profound influence on the spirit of mankind by its devotion to God which is manifested by actions.
    Carl Jung: The idea that man is like unto an inverted tree seems to have been current in by gone ages. The link with Vedic conceptions is provided by Plato in his Timaeus in which it states..." behold we are not an earthly but a heavenly plant." This correlation can be discerned by what Krishna expresses in chapter 15 of Bhagavad-Gita.
    Herman Hesse: The marvel of the Bhagavad-Gita is its truly beautiful revelation of life's wisdom which enables philosophy to blossom into religion.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson: I owed a magnificent day to the Bhagavad-gita. It was the first of books; it was as if an empire spoke to us, nothing small or unworthy, but large, serene, consistent, the voice of an old intelligence which in another age and climate had pondered and thus disposed of the same questions which exercise us.
    Rudolph Steiner: In order to approach a creation as sublime as the Bhagavad-Gita with full understanding it is necessary to attune our soul to it.

Aldous Huxley: The Bhagavad-Gita is the most systematic statement of spiritual evolution of endowing value to mankind. It is one of the most clear and comprehensive summaries of perennial philosophy ever revealed; hence its enduring value is subject not only to India but to all of humanity.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #34 - May 22, 2011, 10:17 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_cam528uF8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPqjiE8GURk&feature=related

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #35 - May 22, 2011, 06:37 PM

k
     Reply #36 - May 23, 2011, 04:53 PM

@Ram

Question of the day: How do the pantheon of gods resolve the problem of animal suffering? If animals are not moral agents like men with a capacity to decide between good and evil, what is the purpose of visiting suffering upon them?

If men make animals suffer, is that the fault of Gods? Do Gods control how men behave? Why men are indifferent to the suffering of animals? After all animals have not declared war on humans?

Do animals have animal rights, akin to human rights? Why are humans so arrogant that they have decided that non-humans have no rights? Why humans are so immoral?

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    Entire World is One Family
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #37 - May 23, 2011, 06:14 PM

Yeh, i dont have a firm grip on the religion yet but that will change through time.  What special "ability" do I need to tell you that praying to statues (and Hindus DO pray to it) and worshipping cows, snakes, rats and other animals is primitive?  Does one need a degree to see the retardation in this?  I'm sure you can spread the truth to me.  Smiley

I understand what you are saying. I don't really care if Hindus pray to statues, so long as they don't shove it in my face.

I personally think that Hindus do not pray to stutues but they use statues as props to concentrate on devotion to God. For Hindus, statues are not statues, they are murtis or icons.

Also it is not true that Hindus worship cows, rats whatever, Hindus believe that all life is sacred and animals have a place in the universe, therefore thay venerate all animals.

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #38 - May 23, 2011, 08:47 PM

q
     Reply #39 - May 24, 2011, 01:08 AM

That is tough question to answer.

Perhaps God did not create anything or devised the laws of predation. Things just happen. Do you know why things happen? I don't. Perhaps the Creator is not very smart, or He is sadistic monster. May be there is no creator, it is just an illusion.

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #40 - June 14, 2011, 03:25 AM

I suppose India has had a lot to offer in the past....yoga, mathematics...Kama Sutra  grin12....

Are you fucking stupid or what? How can you separate Mathematics from Hinduism?

The numerical system of today that is used is entirely Hindu~Vedic in origin. The concept of zero/nothingness and infinity are first found in the Vedas.

Yoga is a Hindu school of philosophy. One of the 6 astika darshana/orthodox schools.

And Kama Sutra was composed by a Hindu Sage as a Hindu text.

hindus have been slaves to sticks and stones for a long time

Sounds like something a Christian would say.

and it's a shame cause they're pretty damn smart but when it comes to rationality.....my people area bunch of failures.

"they are pretty damn smart but fail at irrationality"Huh? huh???

All the worshipping of female idols in the world wont undo the damage of female infanticide, sati or wife beating.  Doesnt matter what Ram says, bullshit is bullshit --dont matter how many ways you slice it.

Who says worshipping a female Goddess entails feminism?
     Reply #41 - June 14, 2011, 03:28 AM

On the contrary Mo followers see Allah without imagination,

So Mo-zlems are sober?
     Reply #42 - June 14, 2011, 03:52 AM

I believe it was the Buddhists who first asserted that the self is an illusion, and we are just a  stream of experiences. (An idea often credit to Hume it seems.) If so then breaking off the chain of experiences is to no longer be a part of the 'self'.

Yes.

Which sort of shoots itself in the foot. In order to say that, there should be a whole being with consciousness. And in order to assert that, there should be a contingent reality. And the negation of a 'self' requires a self. As it involves subject-object extrospection.

Eh, I dont think so....I'm pretty sure it's Hinduism.  Could be wrong.

Yes you are wrong. Because you dont know shit. You cannot hate and properly critique something which have no knowledge about and were never really a part of.

I suspect that you are a Christian or perhaps Muslim.

Too bad you are an unconverted Indian aka Hindu. Your family may be doing some religious practice which you think is "Hindu"/Vedic. All your life you never really were pressured to be religious. So theres nothing for you to get upset about unlike Ex-Muslims and Ex-Christians, who on the otherhand  legitimately belong to overbearing religions that dramatically dictates and restricts their life. So you got nothing to cry about. You want to stop identifying yourself as a Hindu? Go right ahead. Noones stopping you, noone gives a shit. Poor you, you get no attention, can't be a victim and have something to whine about.
     Reply #43 - June 14, 2011, 04:01 AM

There is no ex-communication among the partisans of Brahman

The only chocolate face to dip his head in the Ganges and emerge uncontaminated, a polytheist, an idolater, a Brahman whooper. Not many of those around here.

No true devotee of Brahman would sit idly by and let my heresies go unanswered.

How weird.
     Reply #44 - June 14, 2011, 04:03 AM

I thought the dea of a soul was central to hinduism?

Yes it is. Even more important than the concept/understanding of God I dare say.
     Reply #45 - June 14, 2011, 06:24 AM

Fuck Hinduism.

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
     Reply #46 - June 14, 2011, 07:53 AM

Hinduism is like believing in Lord of the Rings or Narnia or something, fantasy creatures and magic and shit.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #47 - June 14, 2011, 10:23 AM

Hinduism is like believing in Lord of the Rings or Narnia or something, fantasy creatures and magic and shit.

What were the feelings, state of mind and intention under which you posted this?
     Reply #48 - June 14, 2011, 11:30 AM

Happiness, happy and spreading love.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #49 - June 14, 2011, 11:48 AM

What were the feelings, state of mind and intention under which you posted this?

Why do you think what she said is a bad thing?

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #50 - June 15, 2011, 09:17 PM

Fuck Hinduism.

Hinduism: Keeping the working class down for eons.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #51 - June 28, 2011, 08:37 PM

108th post

Back in here again under Hinduism

Father, you sure have a sense of humour.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »