Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Battleground God - a fun little philosophical game.

(Read 10794 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Battleground God - a fun little philosophical game.
     OP - May 14, 2011, 08:59 PM

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, I've searched it and didn't find anything.

ANYWAY, Battleground God is an activity whose objective is to keep your answers rationally consistent (as opposed to true). If you answer in a way that, while being rationally consistent, is a tad strange or has unfortunate implications, you'll be forced to bite a bullet. If you're not rationally consistent, you get a hit. (So basically the less bitten bullets and hits the better.)
    Here's the game.

So... what d'you guys think? I did alright, with only one direct hit (that damn Loch Ness Monster! DX) and two bitten bullets.
  • Re: Battleground God - a fun little philosophical game.
     Reply #1 - May 14, 2011, 09:12 PM

Congratulations! You have made it to the end of this activity.

You took zero direct hits and you bit zero bullets. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.37 hits and bites 1.09 bullets. 526237 people have so far undertaken this activity.

You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

dance
     Reply #2 - May 14, 2011, 09:18 PM

Congratulations!

You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

All I clicked was 'Please Select'... Did I do it right?

07:54 <harakaat>: you must be jema
    07:54 <harakaat>: considering how annoying you are
     Reply #3 - May 14, 2011, 09:19 PM

Cheesy
     Reply #4 - May 14, 2011, 09:28 PM

All I clicked was 'Please Select'... Did I do it right?

Apparently so O_o
     Reply #5 - May 14, 2011, 09:31 PM

Being retarded paid off.

Reply #6 - May 14, 2011, 09:33 PM

Being retarded paid off.

Well, I guess not answering any of the questions is rationally consistent... fuckin' hell, I should've thought of that first. XD
     Reply #7 - May 14, 2011, 09:36 PM

Islam does not allow the thinking outside of the box. You will do no such thing, otherwise Allah will send out his killing machine Mo to kill you and your family in a justified fashion and will be celebrated by a cult of muslims. Oh and he'll take 11 local girls as his wives no doubt.

Reply #8 - May 14, 2011, 09:40 PM

Islam does not allow the thinking outside of the box. You will do no such thing, otherwise Allah will send out his killing machine Mo to kill you and your family in a justified fashion and will be celebrated by a cult of muslims. Oh and he'll take 11 local girls as his wives no doubt.

NO U

grin12
     Reply #9 - May 14, 2011, 09:41 PM

Don't be silly! Didn't you know Allah prefers the male gender?!

Reply #10 - May 14, 2011, 09:46 PM

Don't be silly! Didn't you know Allah prefers the male gender?!

Yeah... well... Allah doesn't have Tank Girl! *points to avatar, nods wisely*
     Reply #11 - May 14, 2011, 09:49 PM

Allah will smite this Tank Girl and make a giant halal fried chicken drumstick out of her. He will then make this giant friend chicken drumstick to wear a burka incase a man accidently jizz's himself.

Reply #12 - May 14, 2011, 09:49 PM

I died. 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #13 - May 14, 2011, 09:51 PM

Allah will smite this Tank Girl and make a giant halal fried chicken drumstick out of her. He will then make this giant friend chicken drumstick to wear a burka incase a man accidently jizz's himself.

LIES.
    ...She'd probably figure out a way to eat it. O_o

+

@your previous post: Is Allah teh ghey?
     Reply #14 - May 14, 2011, 09:53 PM

BLASPHEMY! Allah loves his wimmenz, he just likes his broski's better.

Reply #15 - May 14, 2011, 10:05 PM

BLASPHEMY! Allah loves his wimmenz, he just likes his broski's better.

Gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide. grin12
     Reply #16 - May 14, 2011, 10:09 PM

Touché... tou-mutha'fukin-ché...

Guess I'll be joining you in muslim Hell? Let's make it at 5:00pm before Asr.

Reply #17 - May 14, 2011, 10:16 PM

Touché... tou-mutha'fukin-ché...

Guess I'll be joining you in muslim Hell? Let's make it at 5:00pm before Asr.

Bit late for me now darling, it's quarter past eleven over here. *no sense of humour*
     Reply #18 - May 14, 2011, 10:19 PM

Whaaa--tttt!!! You entered hell before me?! Awww.... I wanted to drink the lava water first and have my eyes exploded out and what not... man you sooo selfish Cry

Reply #19 - May 14, 2011, 10:20 PM

The questions are too vague to be answered in one yes or no. Most of these questions have required books upon books to be written by some of the greatest minds in history and still no resolution has been found. Questions such as the ontological basis for morality and the absolute 'freedom' (whatever the hell that means) of God have no rationally consistent answer because there is no known system of rationale that we can be certain applies to God.
    It is, also, slightly presumptuous to label the 'correct' answer as being rationally consistent when the basic tenets of both rationality and consistency are still matters of debate.

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #20 - May 14, 2011, 10:24 PM

^ Yeah I thought some of the questions were rather crass, and I might have answered differently in another context, but hey, it's just a fun little online game.
     Reply #21 - May 14, 2011, 10:25 PM

Whaaa--tttt!!! You entered hell before me?! Awww.... I wanted to drink the lava water first and have my eyes exploded out and what not... man you sooo selfish Cry

You were taking too long. The black fire is gorgeous BTW.

@z10: I guess so, but it's fun to do anyway.
     Reply #22 - May 14, 2011, 10:25 PM

I have dibs on the puss and blood.
     Reply #23 - May 14, 2011, 11:17 PM

Fun little online quiz.  Afro  Thanks for sharing.

You have reached the end!

You took zero direct hits and you bit 1 bullets. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.37 hits and bites 1.09 bullet. 526256 people have so far undertaken this activity.

You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity without being hit and biting only one bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. The bitten bullet occurred because you responded in a way that required that you held a view that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, because you bit only one bullet and avoided direct hits completely you still qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

Not bad, I guess, but not perfect either.  But I'll use the excuse that z10 gave. Tongue

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #24 - May 16, 2011, 08:53 PM

Congratulations!

You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity being hit only once and biting very few bullets suggests that your beliefs about God are well thought out and almost entirely internally consistent.

The direct hit you suffered occurred because one set of your answers implied a logical contradiction. The bitten bullets occurred because you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. At the bottom of this page, we have reproduced the analyses of your direct hit and bitten bullets.

Because you only suffered one direct hit and bit very few bullets, you qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

I protest! The questions I got wrong were too ambiguous!  finmad lol

Reply #25 - January 30, 2012, 03:32 AM

You took zero direct hits and you bit zero bullets. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.37 hits and bites 1.09 bullets. 545026 people have so far undertaken this activity.

Click the link below for further analysis of your performance and to see if you've won an award.

i'm guessing i won?.. yay me!  grin12
     Reply #26 - January 30, 2012, 07:20 AM

Fuck, I took a direct hit because I forgot that the definition of atheism is the lack of a belief in god.

Am duly returning my badge of The Order of Dawkins.  Grin

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #27 - January 30, 2012, 07:33 AM

The questions are too vague to be answered in one yes or no. Most of these questions have required books upon books to be written by some of the greatest minds in history and still no resolution has been found. Questions such as the ontological basis for morality and the absolute 'freedom' (whatever the hell that means) of God have no rationally consistent answer because there is no known system of rationale that we can be certain applies to God.
    It is, also, slightly presumptuous to label the 'correct' answer as being rationally consistent when the basic tenets of both rationality and consistency are still matters of debate.

Nah dude, you just suck at this game.

Also, while the basic tenets of rationality and consistency might be up for debate, what's not up for debate is the fact that haters gonna hate.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #28 - January 30, 2012, 10:57 AM

You took 1 direct hit and you bit zero bullets. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.37 hits and bites 1.09 bullets. 545082 people have so far undertaken this activity.

Click the link below for further analysis of your performance and to see if you've won an award.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »