Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Is this stuff for real?

(Read 1822 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Is this stuff for real?
     OP - May 08, 2011, 11:57 AM

Just found this onyahoo answers:

Ramadan - Girls if you don't separate the men and women when having guests over?
    What do you wear? And when you're going to others' homes what do you wear?

Salaam alaikum x

* 2 months ago
        * Report Abuse

Additional Details
    In pak/afg we do but here we don't [which I find annoying because I'm never comfortable working, so I get my bro to do my work for me!]..

2 months ago
    If I wore an abaya/jilbab to any of my relative's house I'd be asked why I'm not taking it off and if I'm feeling okay -_-

2 months ago
    Lol @ 'we are pathan'

I WISH I could wear my abaya -_- lucky those who do! No one else wears it...Mum and the rest wear something similar to an abaya/tops + skirts; and I don't like either..

2 months ago
    They change as soon as they come to live in the West *rolls eyes*

2 months ago
    Lol Soul aww - I have no problem when I go to Pak/Afg Tongue It's just here -_-

2 months ago

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
    Usually its separate at home...but sometimes when a small family come to visit and there are non mehrams...I dont go downstairs.....

Others homes...friends houses im ok because its just us all girls sitting together...I wear normal clothes...my grandmas/uncles house (UK) I rarely go...the last time I went was about a year ago when my grandma was ill and my uncles and eldest cousin bro were there...I just sat there quiet...had asian clothes on (I remember when I was 5 my uncle made me cry because I wore jeans....you should have seen what his daughters were wearing Wink tut tut...

But when we go abroad this time around Im definitely going to wear Abaya since we live at our granddads 'mixed' house...its the safest option! But I guess they'll ask me to 'take it off' I remember one of my muslim teachers used to have dresses sown like abayas....used to look good...maybe you could try that?or what about maxi dresses?

* Edited 2 months ago
        * Report Abuse

* 1 person rated this as good

Asker's Rating:
        5 out of 5
    Asker's Comment:
        Thanks..

Dudeee I'm going to wear a niqab the whole summer inshaAllah [I'm going on holiday Cheesy]

Salaaaaaaaam all xx

Honestly - you would have thought that as soon as women see men they orgasm and the other way round.
  • Re: Is this stuff for real?
     Reply #1 - May 08, 2011, 01:07 PM

These things are deeply rooted in these women. It is a cultural affiliation for them more than a religious one. It is equivalent to teenage boys wearing baggy jeans – it is very uncomfortable at times, but it represents their ideals nonetheless.

Grouchy  what is the  good reason for picking up an innocent girl  as Osama  bin Laden?    

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »