Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Test your political affiliation

(Read 31799 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Test your political affiliation
     Reply #60 - May 12, 2011, 08:30 PM

i disagree, if anything its resistance to progress is a result of the fact such 'progress' has attempted to be forced into their countries.

I think there is evidence promoting advance ideals work such as Panama, Japan and Mustafa Kemal Atatürk of Turkey. Let's see what happens in the Middle East.

lolwat. it wasn't inherently christianity that helped the 'west'(europe specifically)

I never wrote it was. To be absolutely clear: I think Christianity provides enough openness to allow people to escape sheer religiousness that curses science and advancement. Islam, I feel, is much better at being able to restrict a mind from freely thinking.

i'd like if you tell me why this neccesitates a right-of-centre or centrist view

As I've already explained this. I'd love to know liberal methods in defeating the issues of Islam since from my experience you can't be all nice and open and liberal and accepting in fighting Islam. I think you have to draw the line/boundary and stick by it and defend it. What makes Islam so deadly in the West is the layer of liberalism and relativism it can breed under. I'm not here to argue, so hope this explanation is enough, but I'm open to reading the liberal ways of defeating the negativity of Islam, if there really are ways.

n.b: sure they're opinions. fuck all in politics isn't opinion - that doesn't mean i can't criticize it.

Chill dude. I like to explicitly make it clear opinions are opinions, and that I don't mean to write opinions as facts since that I find that dishonest.
     Reply #61 - May 12, 2011, 08:50 PM

HO is right in some aspects. The division between the state and the personal, the separation of divine domain into two parts heavenly and earthly, a strand of human tolerance between the divine and man are things in Christianity that allowed various humanistic ideas to take hold such as a secular state, Naturalism as a method of causation and contractualism.  I would say they were bugs not features of Christianity though.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #62 - May 12, 2011, 09:01 PM

;
     Reply #63 - May 12, 2011, 09:51 PM

It is the belief that all intercourse between a man and a woman should be completely natural i.e. without condoms.  Of course the more enlightened and financially well off men oppose such beliefs but literalist factions such as the WWWTBP faction or the Women Who Want To Be Pregnant faction strictly adhere to this belief and won't give it up otherwise.  

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #64 - May 12, 2011, 10:10 PM

k
     Reply #65 - May 13, 2011, 09:04 AM

You can also toggle the settings to see how the results differ between countries, gender, age and education level.

I decided to toggle the age, just to see how the younger generation differ from the elder generation. Quite interesting...

Here is the average results between people aged less than 18:

Compared with the 30 people polled who were over the age of 75. Interestingly though, every age group was more or less on the left of the scale except for this group...

The most militant support of secularism was in the Netherlands where 58% was the average score for being in the secularism bit (compared to 48% in the UK, 43% in USA, 35% in Poland).
     Reply #66 - May 13, 2011, 04:56 PM

l
     Reply #67 - May 13, 2011, 05:13 PM

@MAB

What is the punishment for disobeying your command?
     Reply #68 - May 13, 2011, 09:23 PM

dd
     Reply #69 - May 13, 2011, 09:58 PM

It matters not for I will not and can not hold my glorious comrades in contempt.

Reply #70 - May 13, 2011, 10:06 PM

r
     Reply #71 - May 15, 2011, 11:02 AM

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat . 14 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 39 percent are more extremist than you.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #72 - May 15, 2011, 03:36 PM

Cosmopolitan Social Democrat.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #73 - May 15, 2011, 05:09 PM

^^ Perfect example of a left-wing nutter.

Hi
     Reply #74 - May 17, 2011, 07:37 AM

You are a National Liberal Democrat. 2 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 62 percent are more extremist than you.

sweet

Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home. [carl sagan]
     Reply #75 - May 18, 2011, 11:49 AM

Dont need no test to prove the obvious for me. Smiley

I consider myself to be a Pragmatic Social Democrat and Cultural Marxist.

So with other words i run from Left-Center to the Left. Thats my home, and that is where my heart belongs to.

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #76 - October 23, 2012, 03:23 PM

Thread bump, might be good to see the score of some current members/compare old scores with new scores

Mine:

You are a Social Democrat. 12 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 47 percent are more extremist than you.

Tweaking the weighted settings got me this

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 16 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 25 percent are more extremist than you

Centre-left. Seems about right.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #77 - October 23, 2012, 04:35 PM

me

Reply #78 - October 23, 2012, 04:43 PM

Holly cow.. holly allahdoll ..............You are a Maniac ,  extremist, totalitarian dictator..

Capitalistic, nationalistic, militaristic, totalitarian reactionary authoritarian fundamentalist.. In simple words you are only the one   in this world So Either you are allah/god or Prophet Muhammad(PBUH, RA, SAW, DA, Ph.D. Messenger) ...

Can you guys beat that??  

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #79 - October 23, 2012, 04:53 PM

How bored were you Yeezevee? Do one for realz this time. I think it would interest soem forum members.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

Reply #80 - October 23, 2012, 04:57 PM

How bored were you Yeezevee? Do one for realz this time. I think it would interest soem forum members.

Cheesy Cheesy..  Sprout that tells me  you didn't scrutinize that post carefully...

hmm  we are at the peak..from now on we can only go down the hill w.r.t oil..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #81 - October 23, 2012, 05:06 PM

Social Democratic 13% and Left wing nutter as always.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #82 - October 28, 2012, 12:15 AM

You are a neoliberal Democrat. 6 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 25 percent are more extremist than you.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #83 - October 28, 2012, 01:09 AM

Reply #84 - October 28, 2012, 02:04 AM

You are an anarcho-capitalist. 0 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 6 percent are more extremist than you.

Fuq yea Cool

I usually describe myself as libertarian leaning, though the most important issues to me are generally civil issues.

Here's my result.

I don't advocate for an end to government though, I just think it should be very limited.

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #85 - November 09, 2012, 02:29 PM

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat . 16 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 8 percent are more extremist than you.

Started from the bottom, now I'm here
    Started from the bottom, now my whole extended family's here

JOIN THE CHAT
     Reply #86 - November 12, 2012, 04:58 PM

You are a National Liberal Democrat. 2 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 84 percent are more extremist than you.

This was me a year ago:

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #87 - November 12, 2012, 05:01 PM

Wow, a shift to the right, what happened?

I'm jk of course, thanks for posting both for comparison.

Reply #88 - November 12, 2012, 05:17 PM

You are a National Liberal Democrat. 2 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 38 percent are more extremist than you.

Reply #89 - November 12, 2012, 05:22 PM

I thought I would move more to the centre over time... but apparently I'm still about the most left-wing person in the thread, and moving more left...  _-_

You are a social democratic Cosmopolitan. 13 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 3 percent are more extremist than you.
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »