Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Osama Bin Laden, most wanted man in the world, has been killed

(Read 65087 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 15 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Osama Bin Laden, most wanted man in the world, has been killed
     Reply #90 - May 02, 2011, 03:39 PM

Its more of a symbolic victory than a military blow, but still - symbolic victories do play their part in any war.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #91 - May 02, 2011, 03:59 PM

I too am curious about just how much the Pakistani government knew about Osama's location.
     Reply #92 - May 02, 2011, 04:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tek2bCSvXmk

I wonder why this FOOL gets so much of attention on Pak Tvs..

Pakistan PM Says Osama Bin Laden Killing A 'Great Victory'

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20110502-701738.html
    ISLAMABAD (AFP)--Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said in an interview on Monday that the U.S. killing of Osama bin Laden, not far from the Pakistani capital, was a "great victory".

"We will not allow our soil to be used against any other country for terrorism and therefore I think it's a great victory, it's a success and I congratulate the success of this operation," he said.

Asked about the extent to which Pakistan cooperated in the operation he said: "I don't know the details, I don't know minute details, but in short we have intelligence cooperation."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMBy_OIJM6Q

another FOOL., sure he is going to be a tissue of Bathroom to Smart Zardari in the next few months..  Zardari squeezing every one..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #93 - May 02, 2011, 04:20 PM

Octane my sweet, when a thought flashes into your skull, think of the loss to your dignity you might save by keeping it to yourself.

No I prefer to share thoughts discuss and learn. I'd rather have no dignity and learn than the opposite. In fact that's one reason I see Muslims who are proud unable to give up their faith at times because it means their ego will take a right bashing. But that's another conversation.

“Markets will see the news as implying an overall reduction in terrorist threats, the elimination of a specific security risk and, as such, a lowering in the risk premia,” Mohamed El-Erian, chief executive of Pimco told FT Alphaville.

The markets can get it wrong, and that's why we have economic bubbles. But I think personally this is fair. Less terrorism = more security = better economy. Of course, there is all the chance that there are other traders and analysts feel the same way you do that this death of Osama means nothing and that prices will revert to their mean.
     Reply #94 - May 02, 2011, 04:24 PM

I'm always skeptical when a military or government says something but immediately destroys/removes the official evidence that proves it.
    To hell with Islamic traditions, fish him out.
     Reply #95 - May 02, 2011, 04:29 PM

I think he's going to be more influential as a dead man than he was alive, just like his predecessor and teacher Abdullah Azzam,  because he now has the "martyr" status.

Goodbye, scumbag.

Well done Obama.

Both were/are war criminals. Fuck them both.
     Reply #96 - May 02, 2011, 04:33 PM

What did Obama do  Huh?
     Reply #97 - May 02, 2011, 04:34 PM

Pakistan has a lot of explaining to do.  finmad WTF do they mean. "Oh we didn't know he was there, if we did we'd go get him ourselves." BULLSHIT

Nope, they don't have any explaining to do, they're a much needed ally in the "war on terror" next door  Tongue
     Reply #98 - May 02, 2011, 04:35 PM

What did Obama do  Huh?

You're joking right?
     Reply #99 - May 02, 2011, 04:37 PM

That wasn't in response to you cherryblossom.
     Reply #100 - May 02, 2011, 04:41 PM

q
     Reply #101 - May 02, 2011, 04:43 PM

Nope, they don't have any explaining to do, they're a much needed ally in the "war on terror" next door  Tongue

as the saying goes, with friends like that who needs enemies?

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #102 - May 02, 2011, 04:48 PM

@Octane

I’m gutted. When I bad mouth you, I expect to be insulted back. Otherwise I feel bad. Why do that to me sugarplum?  Come now, let me see you bare that hairy chest.

My riposte had nothing to say about the price of petroleum. I’m sure what you say is correct. I was touching on the notion that converting the Saudi towelhead into an angel would remove the fuel rod of the nuclear reactor that is Pashtun nationalism.  It won’t because bin Laden’s network is not doing the heavy fighting. Al-Qaeda is a spent force with no more than 100 fighters according to US generals. In contrast the Afghan resistance by whom the US empire has been fought to a stalemate number in the tens of thousands. These are tribal and nationalistic elements who’ve been warring against outside powers for centuries long before Osama’s father discharged himself into his mother.

In fact, polls show that nine out of ten Afghans have never even heard of 9/11. They fight because they don't much care for the sight of thousands of heavily armed foreign troops running around their country and blowing things up as any self-respecting people would.  The demise of a Saudi will not convince a Pashtun otherwise.

001_wub
     Reply #103 - May 02, 2011, 04:53 PM

Finally, a Pentagon operation that does not incinerate an Afghan wedding. Progress. In the longest running overseas troops deployment of America the regnant empire is being fought to a virtual standstill by a ragtag militia of peasants in the Hindu Kush by whom vast tracts of the countryside is still governed with surge after impotent surge and no end in sight. But never despair, we can always pull up a creepy image on the screen of an arthritic towelhead whose battlefield influence proves as far reaching as Lady Gaga’s.

A cheap barroom cynic might assert that, the battle odds being what they are, the Pashtuns have put in a mighty impressive show for a primitively equipped outfit and that absent a nuclear strike will almost certainly be a credible fighting force when Uncle Sam withdraws shortly after cutting a deal with them.

Sam’s fighting record in the postwar global order is nothing to write home about:  A loss in Vietnam, a draw in Korea, a retreat from Lebanon, a premature flight from Somalia, an entrenchment in Iraq, a (likely) defeat in Afghanistan.

The world is closely watching and, come the impending moment when the last chopper flies out of Kabul in scenes evocative of Saigon 1975 and the Taliban roll back in, the Chinese and the Russians and the beardos will laugh and dance in the street.

This empire of perpetual war is moribund. But to hell with the long view and thank God for the martyrdom of our Saudi brother. So many shapely virgins up there, so few condoms. Ne requiescat in pace.

Most americans didnt want to go in to afghanistan.  It wasnt our fucking choice!   Hell,
    we havent even finished burying out dead and ministering to our wounded from Iraq!
    Our widows and orphans have still yet barely grasped what happened.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #104 - May 02, 2011, 04:54 PM

a
     Reply #105 - May 02, 2011, 04:57 PM

Its just not Afghanistan, he's ordered attacks on other countries that have killed civilians and you'd have to be pretty stupid to think that dropping cluster bombs won't harm civilians:

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/yemen-images-missile-and-cluster-munitions-point-us-role-fatal-attack-2010-06-04
     Reply #106 - May 02, 2011, 05:00 PM

A
     Reply #107 - May 02, 2011, 05:12 PM

Hundreds join first Pakistan rally to honour bin Laden  says news

Supporters of hardline pro-Taliban party Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Nazaryati (JUI-N) shout anti-US slogans in Quetta

QUETTA, Pakistan — Hundreds took to the streets of Pakistan's city of Quetta on Monday to pay homage to Osama bin Laden, chanting death to America and setting fire to a US flag, witnesses and organisers said.

Angry participants belonging to a religious party in Quetta, the capital of southwestern province Baluchistan, were led by federal lawmaker Maulawi Asmatullah. They also torched a US flag before dispersing peacefully.

It was the first rally in Pakistan after the United States announced that bin Laden had been killed in an overnight commando mission in Pakistan.

Organisers said between 1,000 and 1,200 people attended the rally, but witnesses put the figure closer to 800.

"Bin Laden was the hero of the Muslim world and after his martyrdom he has won the title of great mujahed (Muslim fighter)," Asmatullah said.

"His martyrdom will not end the movement. It will continue and thousands more bin Ladens will be born," he said.

The marchers also chanted slogans in favour of the Taliban and its supreme leader Mullah Omar who have been fighting across the border in Afghanistan since US-led troops invaded after the militia refused to give up bin Laden.

"Today's operation shows the US has no respect for international borders and they can violate international laws any time," he added.

Reply #108 - May 02, 2011, 05:13 PM

q
    s
     Reply #109 - May 02, 2011, 05:15 PM

Hamas Leader Condemns Killing of Usama Bin Laden
    GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip -- The leader of the Palestinian militant Hamas government in Gaza has condemned the United States for killing Al Qaeda chief Usama bin Laden.

Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh says the operation is "the continuation of the American oppression and shedding of blood of Muslims and Arabs."

Haniyeh told reporters in Gaza on Monday that although Hamas had its differences with Al Qaeda, his group condemns the assassination of "a Muslim and Arabic warrior" and prays that bin Laden's "soul rests in peace."

Reply #110 - May 02, 2011, 05:17 PM

Not bad! Funny that the Taiwanese/Hong Kong media can get away with certain scenes there especially the pigs!
     Reply #111 - May 02, 2011, 06:11 PM

The Pentagon is willfully cutting down unarmed Afghan civilians. That Rolling Stone piece is well worth reading

It is well worth reading, yes. Thanks for sharing.

But I am not at all surprised that such things happen even though I wouldn't say that such atrocities are a result of official Pentagon policy. They are more of a dirty secret of power generating its own perverted excess. As such such acts cannot simply be categorized as an act of a few individuals who acted on their own authority contrary to directives and orders. That would be the same as saying that KKK lynchings were acts of 'traitors' to Christian civilization or that abuses of children by Catholic priests were acts of 'traitors' to Catholicism.

Have you seen the photos of the soldiers posing next to dead Afghans or the videos made by the soldiers themselves? It reminded me of Abu Ghraib - torture/display of barbarism as a spectacle.
     Reply #112 - May 02, 2011, 06:20 PM

They obviously haven't learned from the megatron debacle.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #113 - May 02, 2011, 06:53 PM

It is well worth reading, yes. Thanks for sharing.

But I am not at all surprised that such things happen even though I wouldn't say that such atrocities are a result of official Pentagon policy. They are more of a dirty secret of power generating its own perverted excess. As such such acts cannot simply be categorized as an act of a few individuals who acted on their own authority contrary to directives and orders. That would be the same as saying that KKK lynchings were acts of 'traitors' to Christian civilization or that abuses of children by Catholic priests were acts of 'traitors' to Catholicism.

Have you seen the photos of the soldiers posing next to dead Afghans or the videos made by the soldiers themselves? It reminded me of Abu Ghraib - torture/display of barbarism as a spectacle.

Cry

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #114 - May 02, 2011, 07:08 PM

q
     Reply #115 - May 02, 2011, 07:24 PM

CNN are reporting that they found Elvis hiding in Osama's compound.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #116 - May 02, 2011, 07:29 PM

I too am curious about just how much the Pakistani government knew about Osama's location.

Elements of state institutions, the army and intelligence, knew everything I'd wager.

God is Love.

Reply #117 - May 02, 2011, 07:43 PM

CNN are reporting that they found Elvis hiding in Osama's compound.

It took me a good few seconds to realise this was a piss-take  Cheesy
     Reply #118 - May 02, 2011, 08:02 PM

Elements of state institutions, the army and intelligence, knew everything I'd wager.

its sounding more and more like that as the news goes on thru the day.
    this could get ugly before better.  Also press Q and A the spokesman
    replied to "Are we going to leave Afghanistan NOW?"  Paraphrased response:
    President Obama believes keeping American troops in Afghanistan is best
    for the Afghani people to ensure security.   finmad

Helen Keller
     Reply #119 - May 02, 2011, 08:16 PM

Abbottabad is essentially a military-cantonment city in Pakistan, in the hills to the north of the capital of Islamabad, in an area where much of the land is controlled or owned by the Pakistani Army and retired Army officers. Although the city is technically in what used to be called the Northwest Frontier Province, it lies on the far eastern side of the province and is as close to Pakistani-held Kashmir as it is to the border city of Peshawar. The city is most notable for housing the Pakistan Military Academy, the Pakistani Army’s premier training college, equivalent to West Point. Looking at maps and satellite photos on the Web last night, I saw the wide expanse of the Academy not far from where the million-dollar, heavily secured mansion where bin Laden lived was constructed in 2005. The maps I looked at had sections of land nearby marked off as “restricted areas,” indicating that they were under military control. It stretches credulity to think that a mansion of that scale could have been built and occupied by bin Laden for six years without its coming to the attention of anyone in the Pakistani Army.

The initial circumstantial evidence suggests that the opposite is more likely—that bin Laden was effectively being housed under Pakistani state control.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2011/05/notes-on-the-death-of-osama-bin-laden.html#ixzz1LECk46eq

God is Love.

• Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 15 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »