Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: CEMB Android/iPhone App

(Read 16128 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: CEMB Android/iPhone App
     Reply #90 - April 25, 2011, 11:15 PM

Definitely mate

Hi
     Reply #91 - April 25, 2011, 11:25 PM

Just thought of something, actually.

Part of the reason the full theme may be harder to post with on mobile could be the portal (left panel) functions. Those are mainly disabled in the current mobile theme. Only the shoutbox is called, and it's not called on the pages you post from (only visible on board index). Since the shoutbox reloads completely with every page load (ie: no caching) that is a fair bit extra to deal with. Ditto for recent posts.

This means that with them disabled there is less code to parse and fewer queries sent to the database, as well as less stuff sent back from the db. Now what this means is that, although enabling all the side panel functions is a cool idea, there is a chance that it will result in similar problems to what you had earlier. I'll be interested to see if this is the case.

To make the comparison easier I'll load the latest version as a separate theme rather than just overwriting the older files on our server. It may turn out to be necessary to disable some panel blocks on the mobile theme. I wont know until people try it and see how it goes. If disabling some of them is necessary it's possible to do that. Bit of a nuisance in terms of coding, but possible nonetheless.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #92 - April 25, 2011, 11:42 PM

Thanks. TBH I'm not quite sure how to do that. I'm a gfx/template/css bloke and know bugger all about some of the guts of it. I'll ask some of the other teamies, or if somebody here wants to grab a downlaod and throw SMF on their local host to look at it that'd be cool too. I know which files the offending code is in.

Send it to me.. I might have to spend some time setting up php test environment but the actual thing shouldn't take me more then half an hour..

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #93 - April 25, 2011, 11:56 PM

Ok. No worries. If you're on Windows, I'd go for Vertrigo as a local host. Very easy to set up and has always performed well for me. I've tried XAMPP and the others but Vertrigo is best IMO. You can have a server ready to rock in five minutes flat.

Download is here. The code for calling all the user agents is in Sources/Load.php. Throwing in a string of agents isn't that hard, but the bit that bamboozles me is all the php and db queries for calling the theme templates without making things explode. grin12

Most of the blah starts here:
    // Wireless mode?  Load up the wireless stuff.
    if (WIRELESS)
    {
    $context['template_layers'] = array(WIRELESS_PROTOCOL);
    loadTemplate('Wireless');
    loadLanguage('Wireless');
    loadLanguage('index');
    }

Some of that is currently disabled in our file so people don't get sent straight to wap. If you need help finding anything else I can ask someone and get an answer pretty quick.

It may also help to check how it is done in the mod for this theme. That is for SMF 2.0, which has a different codebase and db structure, but it's similar enough to our 1.1.13 that most things will make sense when doing comparisons. That mod adds auto switching of themes via user agent detection.

Reply #94 - April 26, 2011, 12:06 AM

Oh and the actual list of browser agents for 1.1.13 is in the same file here:

// The following determines the user agent (browser) as best it can.
    $context['browser'] = array(
    'is_opera' => strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Opera') !== false,
    'is_opera6' => strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Opera 6') !== false,
    'is_opera7' => strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Opera 7') !== false || strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Opera/7') !== false,
    'is_opera8' => strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Opera 8') !== false || strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Opera/8') !== false,
    'is_ie4' => strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'MSIE 4') !== false && strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'WebTV') === false,
    'is_safari' => strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Safari') !== false,
    'is_mac_ie' => strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'MSIE 5.') !== false && strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Mac') !== false,
    'is_web_tv' => strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'WebTV') !== false,
    'is_konqueror' => strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Konqueror') !== false,
    'is_firefox' => strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Firefox') !== false,
    'is_firefox1' => strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Firefox/1.') !== false,
    'is_firefox2' => strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Firefox/2.') !== false,
    );

As you can see, it's been around for a while. whistling2

Reply #95 - April 26, 2011, 07:17 AM

Just thought of something, actually.

Part of the reason the full theme may be harder to post with on mobile could be the portal (left panel) functions. Those are mainly disabled in the current mobile theme. Only the shoutbox is called, and it's not called on the pages you post from (only visible on board index). Since the shoutbox reloads completely with every page load (ie: no caching) that is a fair bit extra to deal with. Ditto for recent posts.

This means that with them disabled there is less code to parse and fewer queries sent to the database, as well as less stuff sent back from the db. Now what this means is that, although enabling all the side panel functions is a cool idea, there is a chance that it will result in similar problems to what you had earlier. I'll be interested to see if this is the case.

To make the comparison easier I'll load the latest version as a separate theme rather than just overwriting the older files on our server. It may turn out to be necessary to disable some panel blocks on the mobile theme. I wont know until people try it and see how it goes. If disabling some of them is necessary it's possible to do that. Bit of a nuisance in terms of coding, but possible nonetheless.

I'm not sure if what you're suggesting is the cause of the posting problem after all. I've learnt, since writing the initial post where I reported the problem, that posting is much more consistent and reliable if i press the ' back' button on my android, after typing and before clicking on 'post'. This back button closes down the keyboard, therefore it seems that posting refused to work properly whenever the keyboard was showing on my android.

The bigger problem of not being able to see your reply properly when posting, because scrolling was temperamental and text was small, has already been solved in your new version. Therefore, I'd concentrate on other improvements rather than wasting your precious time on the posting issue?

Hi
     Reply #96 - April 26, 2011, 08:38 AM

Another small problem with the mobile theme (though this won?t be an issue once you?ve implemented Muddy?s suggestion):

The handy link to the smartphone theme is very useful when switching over from the full theme. However, to return to the full theme from the mobile one, you have to currently go the long way round (unless I?ve missed it, I can?t find a quick link back to the default theme?)

Hi
     Reply #97 - April 29, 2011, 10:59 PM

I'm locking this topic because I've just loaded the latest (and hopefully greatest) version of our smartphone theme.

I'll start a new thread for feedback and suggestions on it. I'll also give a brief description of some of the new functionality.

• Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »