Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hey People

(Read 19965 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Hey People
     Reply #30 - April 10, 2011, 05:59 PM

Maryam Namazie is an amazing and very brave woman without her there would be no cemb real life and forum. I would please request we leave this since she is not here to defend herself and move onto questions you have and we will do our best to respond.

Oh and welcome Smiley

+1

Hi
     Reply #31 - April 10, 2011, 08:04 PM

Anyway, i thought id check out what the CEMB was about, and perhaps discuss with some of the people here. Who im sure i can have a meaningful discussion with a direction.

Sounds cool and signwelcome

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #32 - April 10, 2011, 10:51 PM

Some cultures encourage the drinking of Urine, others don't.

muddy might want to pick this point up with you  Grin

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #33 - April 10, 2011, 10:54 PM

Richard Dawkins is like Zakir Naik.

Maryam Namazie is like *insert attempt to discredit ex Muslim or atheist here*

Seeing a pattern yet?

Oh, and by the way, Hi Observer1. God Is Not Great dropped a point for you vis a vis urine consumption, in case you missed it.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #34 - April 10, 2011, 10:59 PM

"urine consumption"  Cheesy
     Reply #35 - April 11, 2011, 02:48 AM

Deobandi or berailvi?

Also, do you believe in Saheeh Bukhari and Saheeh Muslim to be 100% true?

For your first question, i had an inkling that you were referring to this when asked "which sect are you"  i wouldn't really put my self in either categories , which is why i said simply Sunni Muslim.

Secondly, Yes i do, but my religion is not defined by the work of Saheeh Bukhari or Saheeh Muslim.
    Hi Observer1

Can you tell us which University it was and who invited her there?

Maryam Namazie is a top notch intellectual therefore I find it hard to believe that there is much substance to your story.

It was the University of Bradford. Not sure which society it was, but i think it was the Atheist and  Human society. Cant be to sure since there was only a handful of people with no clear intro.

That seems unlikely.

Perhaps, i'm not familiar with Mariam or CEMB, so i couldn't comment how likely it is or not. It was however, the case.

Im also assuming some of these posters are going being hostile by default, so ill kindly retort by ignoring them  Wink
     Reply #36 - April 11, 2011, 02:54 AM

We aren't being hostile, we're just bringing your attention to the fact that you said that urine drinking is encouraged in some cultures.. which happens to be your own, if you're a muslim. Have you had any camel urine lately?
     Reply #37 - April 11, 2011, 02:59 AM

I am a Sunni

Don't you think Allah would like you to be simply Muslim?

"That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger" (The Koran 69:40)
     Reply #38 - April 11, 2011, 11:42 AM

Im also assuming some of these posters are going being hostile by default, so ill kindly retort by ignoring them  Wink

I wasn't hostile to you. Answer my question.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #39 - April 11, 2011, 11:50 AM

Surely you realize that you cannot 'assume' anything by default? It's simply illogical. Unless you perhaps want to avoid questions that you find troubling but have no answer to?
     Reply #40 - April 11, 2011, 01:40 PM

We aren't being hostile, we're just bringing your attention to the fact that you said that urine drinking is encouraged in some cultures.. which happens to be your own, if you're a muslim. Have you had any camel urine lately?

I'm already familiar with the health benefits of Milk and Urine from the Bedoin Camels in Arabia.

I didnt say it was encourage in Islam, or discourage in Islam. Likewise, i didnt mention it being encourage or discouraged in any other culture either.

I simple stated:

Some cultures encourage the drinking of Urine

It was simply a point i was making about the differences in what's accepted, and what is not accepted, throughout the world.

But judging by the way a few people grasped at the  opportunity to use it against me, makes me think that its a favorite playing card amongst some... Each to their own i guess.

And no, i've never tried it L2PK.

__

Ishina, im trying to obtain a transcript or video of the talk, from the Bradford Human&Atheist society, but they dont want to know it seems.
     Reply #41 - April 11, 2011, 01:47 PM

Surely you must remember what was said, since you rushed here to tell us all.

Reply #42 - April 11, 2011, 02:20 PM

muddy might want to pick this point up with you  Grin

Naah.. He looks like he is past that phase, now he assumes camel urine therapy is a valid scientific treatment for diseases.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #43 - April 11, 2011, 02:21 PM

For your first question, i had an inkling that you were referring to this when asked "which sect are you"  i wouldn't really put my self in either categories , which is why i said simply Sunni Muslim.

So if I show you valid Saheeh Bukhari and Saheeh Muslim hadiths that prove the violent nature of Mohammad, would you discredit those hadiths?

and many others...
     Reply #44 - April 11, 2011, 02:50 PM

Surely you must remember what was said, since you rushed here to tell us all.

I didn't rush here to tell you anything. I was just amazed at the denial and childishness of this woman engrossed in here own pseudo-intellectualism. Which was why i checked out her organisation she represents, and see if the people are anything like her, or if she was just a one-off.

___

Muddy, in all seriousness, do you know what a Hadith is?

If you're going to post a Hadith regarding something like what, and deduce that Islam is violent...

Then if i provide you a Hadith, about charity or helping your neighbor, then are you going to deduce that Islam is about helping the poor and the community ?

Reply #45 - April 11, 2011, 03:03 PM

I wasn't hostile to you. Answer my question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImorUXUBPew

fuck you
     Reply #46 - April 11, 2011, 03:05 PM

LOL

Reply #47 - April 11, 2011, 03:07 PM

I didn't rush here to tell you anything. I was just blah blah blah...

Ok, don't answer then.

Reply #48 - April 11, 2011, 03:12 PM

ROFL
     Reply #49 - April 11, 2011, 03:15 PM

Welcome, Observer (interesting username...)  signwelcome

We apologise if you felt any hostility from us when you first landed here but don't you think your first post saying such things about Maryam Namazie "referring to anyone who disagreed to her as Al-Qaeda (really)" and CEMB as a "satirical" movement as maybe being a bit hostile themselves?

Anyway, it is always nice to see Muslim members joining. So you are a sunni, which school of thought do you follow and may I ask, what are your views on the Prophet Muhammad as "a perfect example for mankind"?
     Reply #50 - April 11, 2011, 03:31 PM

If you're going to post a Hadith regarding something like what, and deduce that Islam is violent...

Then if i provide you a Hadith, about charity or helping your neighbor, then are you going to deduce that Islam is about helping the poor and the community ?

Assuming that both pieces of info are true?

Mr J.Bailey is a famous lawyer from NY. He is a philanthropist and dedicates a lot of his time helping charities and shelters for abused children.

In his spare time he also likes to fool around with nine year old girls.

From the info I provided would you deduct that Mr. Bailey is: A) an outstanding citizen?
                                                                                             B) a sick fuck?

Reply #51 - April 11, 2011, 04:02 PM

Welcome, Observer (interesting username...)  signwelcome

We apologise if you felt any hostility from us when you first landed here but don't you think your first post saying such things about Maryam Namazie "referring to anyone who disagreed to her as Al-Qaeda (really)" and CEMB as a "satirical" movement as maybe being a bit hostile themselves?

Anyway, it is always nice to see Muslim members joining. So you are a sunni, which school of thought do you follow and may I ask, what are your views on the Prophet Muhammad as "a perfect example for mankind"?

Thank you for the welcome Eli.

Hmm that is a good point, so i apologize if i came across that way. I was pretty much relaying the feeling of everyone at the talk (Both Muslim and Non-Muslim) as to Mariams casual stereotyping.

I follow the Hanafi Madhab [School of Thought].
    And yes, i believe that Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) was a perfect example of mankind.
    He not only eradicated the ills and fallaciousness of a region that was eating itself inside out, but set a blue print for a system that actually worked, when practiced.
    Unlike other systems i.e. Democracy and Communism, which look glamorous on paper, yet fail miserably when put into practice.

A system, when under the Caliphate, allowed the prosperity of economic good will, sciences and philosophy and religion.

Sadly, after the demise of the Caliphate, all that remains are nations with Muslims who follow a patchy pick'n'mix psuedo-Sharia system, where individuals are defaulting usually to cultural norms present at the time. The very norms and values which are in fact contrary to Islamic teaching, yet sadly, for some reason, the blame falls on Islam.

May i ask what you were ?
     Reply #52 - April 11, 2011, 04:04 PM

If you had to pick one place, where in the world do you think Islam is practiced the most authentically and true to the essence of Islam?

Reply #53 - April 11, 2011, 04:08 PM

It was simply a point i was making about the differences in what's accepted, and what is not accepted, throughout the world.

But judging by the way a few people grasped at the  opportunity to use it against me, makes me think that its a favorite playing card amongst some... Each to their own i guess.

I only posted the camel urine hadith because Muslims love to ridicule Hindus for drinking cow urine and portray them as superstitious and backwards because of it, without realising that Islam also recommends the drinking of urine Cheesy

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #54 - April 11, 2011, 04:10 PM

You believe that Mohammed is the perfect human being, if he posts a hadith that shows him in a bad light, does that not discredit that claim?

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #55 - April 11, 2011, 04:20 PM

Interesting Observer.

I was also of the Hanafi Madhab.

I agree with you that shariah "worked", but I would disagree that it was a perfect system, for example due to the way that non-Muslims and women are treated as second-class citizens. I was actually HT for a bit and they had some interesting ideas about how shariah should be implemented in a 21st century, globalised society. Do you have any thoughts on how shariah should be implemented today?

Reply #56 - April 11, 2011, 04:36 PM

I will wait for his replies to questions put by Kenan and GING before making further comments.

and many others...
     Reply #57 - April 11, 2011, 05:16 PM

Ok since we're doing the interrogation thing again... same question as usual from me...

Do you think it's justifiable that Allah sends people to hell forever because they don't believe in him?
     Reply #58 - April 11, 2011, 05:32 PM

Not really, if they were both authentic, then I would deduce the belief is contradictory & therefore manmade.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #59 - April 11, 2011, 06:03 PM

Not really, if they were both authentic, then I would deduce the belief is contradictory & therefore manmade.

Why would that make hadiths contradictory?

Person/philosophy/religion/political system can have progressive, reactionary and downright inhumane traits at the same time.

Hitler was a canine loving, drug free vegetarian. (not something everybody would consider a positive trait but I am only using this for the sake of argument anyway)

Yet he was also a monster under whose authority millions of people were killed.

@Observer1

If you feel that my previous post contains a logical fallacy of false dilemma feel free to expand with a third choice.
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »