Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hey People

(Read 20280 times)
  • 12 3 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hey People
     OP - April 10, 2011, 11:27 AM

Hi everyone, How are you.

First of all, let me say that i am a Muslim and currently studying at University.

There was a small talk recently at the University, given by Mariam Namazi regarding the CEMB, which got my curious about the CEMB. There was only a handful of people there, but none the less, i learnt a bit.

I found her responses to be abit stereotypical, and in response to some of the Questions, she seemed inclined to not answer the question, but resort to changing the subject, referring to anyone who disagreed to her as Al-Qaeda ( really).

I was not really aware of the CEMB before this, so i felt i was witnessing some satirical movement, however, this was not the case.

Anyway, i thought id check out what the CEMB was about, and perhaps discuss with some of the people here. Who im sure i can have a meaningful discussion with a direction. Unlike what i saw with Mariam the other day.

• Re: Hey People
     Reply #1 - April 10, 2011, 11:28 AM

Hello there. Smiley

What questions would you like answering?
     Reply #2 - April 10, 2011, 11:31 AM

Hi, welcome mate Smiley
     Reply #3 - April 10, 2011, 11:36 AM

... referring to anyone who disagreed to her as Al-Qaeda ( really).

I don't believe you.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #4 - April 10, 2011, 11:36 AM

Hey, thanks for the welcome.

I have no simple questions as of yet. Just looking to maybe get stuck into a few threads and posts, and take it from there.

Perhaps once i get myself acclimated into this place, and get to know a few of the 'regulars', ill start popping off a few questions Smiley

__

I don't believe you.

I'm really not.

At the end of the talk. There was only a few refreshments, including a a last bottle of lucozade. My friend offered her to take it, she refused saying "i cant trust you". Naturally we LOL'd afterwards, but was quite an awkward silence at the time.

I have no reason to lie, if i felt the need to, i wouldnt be here.
     Reply #5 - April 10, 2011, 11:38 AM

I don't believe you.

Grin  I was thinking "typical". 

Still though, there are plenty of ex muslims here who will be happy to expand on the points you feel Maryam didn't tackle.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #6 - April 10, 2011, 11:45 AM

Typical of Maryam, or typical criticism of her?

Reply #7 - April 10, 2011, 11:45 AM

Typical criticism.

Reply #8 - April 10, 2011, 11:47 AM

Hey, thanks for the welcome.

I have no simple questions as of yet. Just looking to maybe get stuck into a few threads and posts, and take it from there.

Well tell us about yourself. What sect of Islam do you follow?
     Reply #9 - April 10, 2011, 11:49 AM

I'm really not.

[...]

I have no reason to lie, if i felt the need to, i wouldnt be here.

Can you expand on what she actually said and what it was in response to?

Reply #10 - April 10, 2011, 12:02 PM

Can you expand on what she actually said and what it was in response to?

___
    To be quite frank, it was everything she said. She simply refused to answer any questions or statements against her 'ideas'.

She always went of on a tangent giving sarcastic remarks such as "Id be dead if i was in Iran" etc.
    ___
    At point, when she mentioned Prophet Muhammed (PBUH), one Malaysian girl whispered to herself "Peace be upon him" - Which is what Muslims say upon hearing the Prophets name, giving salutations.

Mariam then went on for 5 minutes talking about how she does not say Peace be Upon him,
    ___

A Question asked was, How do you universally apply a moral compass, when norms differ from places to place. How can man legislate a LAW, when man's opinions differ.
    i.e. Some countries allow Death Penalty, others don't.
    Some cultures encourage the drinking of Urine, others don't.
    Some countries, incest is punishable by death, some countries however, like Russia And Brazil allow it, so long as they have health check ups, and do not get married.

Mariam couldn't respond. So one atheist got up and said "No country in the world was the death penalty"
    Another atheist got up and said "Listen mate, Morals are programmed in our genes".

___

This was pretty much the tone of this "Discussion". It was done by the Human and Atheist society, im sure they must have recorded it, i'd have thought the CEMB would upload it?
     Reply #11 - April 10, 2011, 12:04 PM

Well tell us about yourself. What sect of Islam do you follow?

I am a Sunni
     Reply #12 - April 10, 2011, 12:04 PM

Well I guess it's good islam gives us a definite moral code and there arent a million different sects with a million different set of rules.
     Reply #13 - April 10, 2011, 12:05 PM

I am a Sunni

And I am Cher.  Retour?  Grin

Reply #14 - April 10, 2011, 12:07 PM

I am a Sunni

Hmm ok. Well that makes things easier for us Wink
     Reply #15 - April 10, 2011, 12:08 PM

Some cultures encourage the drinking of Urine

cool
     Reply #16 - April 10, 2011, 12:14 PM

This was pretty much the tone of this "Discussion". It was done by the Human and Atheist society, im sure they must have recorded it, i'd have thought the CEMB would upload it?

The forum isn't associated with the organization CEMB or with Mariam explicitly. This isn't the organization's forum so to speak, its one made on its own. 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #17 - April 10, 2011, 12:16 PM

IMO then the homepage should be changed, it says 'Council of Ex muslims Britian.'
     Reply #18 - April 10, 2011, 12:17 PM

Some cultures encourage the drinking of Urine, others don't.

Anas reported: Eight men of the tribe of 'Ukl came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and swore allegiance to him on Islam, but found the climate of that land uncogenial to their health and thus they became sick, and they made complaint of that to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and he said: Why don't you go to (the fold) of our camels along with our shepherd, and make use of their milk and urine. They said: Yes. They set out and drank their (camels') milk and urine and regained their health. They killed the shepherd and drove away the camels. This (news) reached Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and he sent them on their track and they were caught and brought to him (the Holy Prophet). He commanded about them, and (thus) their hands and feet were cut off and their eyes were gouged and then they were thrown in the sun, until they died. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Ibn al-Sabbah with a slight variation of words.  

http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=16&translator=2&start=10&number=4128

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #19 - April 10, 2011, 12:18 PM

Welcome to the forum!  Tongue

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #20 - April 10, 2011, 12:19 PM

Also welcome.  Here is a parrot.    parrot

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #21 - April 10, 2011, 12:24 PM

IMO then the homepage should be changed, it says 'Council of Ex muslims Britian.'

It's very loosely associated with the CEMB.
     Reply #22 - April 10, 2011, 12:32 PM

To be quite frank, it was everything she said. She simply refused to answer any questions or statements against her 'ideas'.

Everything she said amounted to "You are Al-Qaeda"? What did she actually say and what was that in response to?

The rest of your post seems to be unrelated, or just some random stuff other random people said.

Reply #23 - April 10, 2011, 12:38 PM

I found her responses to be abit stereotypical, and in response to some of the Questions, she seemed inclined to not answer the question, but resort to changing the subject, referring to anyone who disagreed to her as Al-Qaeda ( really).

That seems unlikely.

fuck you
     Reply #24 - April 10, 2011, 01:07 PM

There was a small talk recently at the University, given by Mariam Namazi regarding the CEMB, which got my curious about the CEMB. There was only a handful of people there, but none the less, i learnt a bit.

You are right bro. It is a great enigma how on earth that incompetent woman could've become the central face of Cemb, while at the same time there are much better suited people for this task.
    Her absence at this forum speak for itself I suppose.  whistling2

I shouldn't be here. Really. Shaytan SWT deluded ALL of us. Amen.
     Reply #25 - April 10, 2011, 01:21 PM

I am a Sunni

Deobandi or berailvi?

Also, do you believe in Saheeh Bukhari and Saheeh Muslim to be 100% true?

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #26 - April 10, 2011, 01:26 PM

You are right bro. It is a great enigma how on earth that incompetent woman could've become the central face of Cemb, while at the same time there are much better suited people for this task.

Are you fuckin serious?

fuck you
     Reply #27 - April 10, 2011, 01:28 PM

1. How is she incompetent?

2. Are you doing a better job? I mean quite honestly, what exactly are you doing on this forum or outside of it?
     Reply #28 - April 10, 2011, 01:43 PM

Maryam Namazie is an amazing and very brave woman without her there would be no cemb real life and forum. I would please request we leave this since she is not here to defend herself and move onto questions you have and we will do our best to respond.

Oh and welcome Smiley
     Reply #29 - April 10, 2011, 01:48 PM

Hi everyone, How are you.

First of all, let me say that i am a Muslim and currently studying at University.

Hi Observer1

Can you tell us which University it was and who invited her there?

Maryam Namazie is a top notch intellectual therefore I find it hard to believe that there is much substance to your story.
  • 12 3 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »