Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Timeline between Mo's death n actual written Quran ?

(Read 1791 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Timeline between Mo's death n actual written Quran ?
     OP - April 09, 2011, 05:19 PM

Hi guys,
    I am looking for some information regarding how the actual written Quran was compiled. I understand the oral recitations, written verses over barks etc were collected and brought together to select verses which we find in Quran today.

But the sheer time differences between Mo's death n written Quran imposes ques on Qurans authenticity. Specially,

1) how can we make sure there were verses not added/removed from the final production?
    2) what if some people have died along in battles etc to whom verses were revealed in private?
    3) what if the caliph deliberately omitted suras reflecting his time?
    4) why it didn't click to Mo itself to do this given all the claims Quran post now? (sorry not a q but it intrigues me)

Will be interested to find out more about it from members here. If you already got some thread on it, could you pls direct me to that.After all it may very well be not the correct Mo's version if the book we live n die for.

Thanks so much guys!

• Re: Timeline between Mo's death n actual written Quran ?
     Reply #1 - April 10, 2011, 09:55 AM

Hey, nice questions. But before we answer that, you have to go to the introduction section and introduce yourself.Smiley

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
  • Re: Timeline between Mo's death n actual written Quran ?
     Reply #2 - April 10, 2011, 11:20 AM

There is no substantial account of how the Koran was compiled. It is widely accepted that the first attempt to collate the memorized and written texts that remained after Mohammads death was undertaken by the first Caliph; Abu Bakr. This edition was somewhat running paralell but not the same as other editions in existance, it is supposedly the one muslims most closley adhere to today. The complete and final compilation was achieved by the third Caliph whos name escapes me now. But there was some squabbling and some book burning before this happened. But you should try the internets for the answer to your question, like wikipedia or something. The more places you try to find out the real story of how it was compiled the more versions you'll get. Which should tell you how trustworthy the most important book in the world for muslims is. Here's a version of how it came to be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxf-okQ_gdw

"Happy happy, joy joy!" Stimpson J Cat.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »