Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Louis Theroux - America's most hated family in crisis

(Read 4688 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Louis Theroux - America's most hated family in crisis
     Reply #30 - April 07, 2011, 12:06 AM

Vile, but I felt a degree of sympathy for them, just like the young lads, they will have been groomed in this cult basically from when they were babies. No support system to escape, a whole world they've been taught is evil and loathsome and will destroy them, and for those who do escape being disowned forever by their families for 'betrayal'.

It's unreal though. My senses reject them. It's like they have no humanity at all. Terrifying really.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #31 - April 07, 2011, 12:07 AM

How can you admire someone who thinks it is the ne plus ultra of moral offence to bad mouth the Quran?

Because nobody is perfect, as you exemplify.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #32 - April 07, 2011, 12:11 AM

It's unreal though. My senses reject them. It's like they have no humanity at all. Terrifying really.

If I hadn't seen the other two young ladies that had escaped and were suffering I probably wouldn't find that sympathy for them. But you're right, instinctively you recoil from them, completely.

I guess it goes like this though. Plenty of people here have known, or been themselves, in a mind-state of delusion and prejudice because of religious conditioning, and recovered, so as long as there is the slightest glimpse of a rope-ladder out of the pit being in their sight, I can't help but reserve a decimal point of sympathy for them. I don't always feel that way, and if I hadn't seen the fullest context of their family life and the atmospherics they are subject to and the escape of their friends from the church I might not feel that at all.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #33 - April 07, 2011, 12:12 AM

Wanna go to America and bash them?

I'd pull the trigger on Fred.

Reply #34 - April 07, 2011, 12:17 AM

f
     Reply #35 - April 07, 2011, 12:18 AM

f
     Reply #36 - April 07, 2011, 12:19 AM

I guess it goes like this though. Plenty of people here have known, or been themselves, in a mind-state of delusion and prejudice because of religious conditioning, and recovered, so as long as there is the slightest glimpse of a rope-ladder out of the pit being in their sight, I can't help but reserve a decimal point of sympathy for them. I don't always feel that way, and if I hadn't seen the fullest context of their family life and the atmospherics they are subject to and the escape of their friends from the church I might not feel that at all.

I feel a tinge of sympathy for the idea that they were once children and potential human beings.

Reply #37 - April 07, 2011, 01:03 AM

What about Fred, Jr.? He's the only one I truly felt sympathetic towards because he seemed to me to be the only one who let his guard down for a minute, and seemed like a genuinely friendly person rather than the disturbingly bubbly Stepford Wives and that utterly obnoxious former filmmaker.

fuck you
     Reply #38 - April 07, 2011, 01:14 AM

I feel a tinge of sympathy for the idea that they were once children and potential human beings.

they still are, they are just shrouded in a veil atm.  We were all like that to some degree or other as theists - they just took it ten steps further.  Thats what makes religion so evil & annoys me so much

Like Steven Weinberg said..

“Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion”.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #39 - April 07, 2011, 01:42 AM

Lets not lose sight of what the reality is though. These people are not just unfortunate victims, they are immoral bastards that actually go out and hurt people, and the possibility that they might change or might not have turned out that way does not lessen the damage they do. At the least they should be fully condemned and held responsible for their actions. You may feel sympathy because you are a good person and see potential good in them, but they are not good people.

I might have believed in a desert phantom once upon a time, but I never went out for some organised funeral crashing and mourner abusing. Those girls are old enough to own their words and actions. Evil is evil, no matter how it is made.

Reply #40 - April 07, 2011, 04:16 AM

Don't misconstrue rough sex for aggression. Come on Tut, you know better.

That topic is better left out of the hands of KT.  

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #41 - April 07, 2011, 04:17 AM

Wanna go to America and bash them?

Better idea.  The redhead is legal.  Seduce her with your Sufi mystic Grateful Dead ways, lay her, and then after your done tell her she is going to hell.  Nothing worse then suffering in a self built prison imo.  

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #42 - April 07, 2011, 08:31 AM

Fallacy, of Begging the question.

it's a loaded question, not begging the question. begging the question is where a statement to be proven is assumed to be true during such a proof. billy's question of 'why do you beat your wife' has only assumed that MAB beats his wife, and there's no indication in such a question of him setting out to prove that with his question(as it asks why, not whether he does).
     Reply #43 - April 07, 2011, 09:27 AM

Lets not lose sight of what the reality is though. These people are not just unfortunate victims, they are immoral bastards that actually go out and hurt people, and the possibility that they might change or might not have turned out that way does not lessen the damage they do. At the least they should be fully condemned and held responsible for their actions. You may feel sympathy because you are a good person and see potential good in them, but they are not good people.

I might have believed in a desert phantom once upon a time, but I never went out for some organised funeral crashing and mourner abusing. Those girls are old enough to own their words and actions. Evil is evil, no matter how it is made.

You say that they are evil almost like its an inherent birth trait, but its not a coincidence that they all display it. 

The axioms with which they view this world, make decisions, morality, share, criticise are based on an entirely different set of standards. 

Its based on their Gods word.  They simply have no choice about whether they should be anti-'fag' or against skimpy clothing.  They were  sent on this planet for this planet for this reason only.  To make us see the err of their ways & save us from eternal fire.  They are the real heroes.  They are the only ones who are caring enough to be honest.

Deluded yes, evil not so sure.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #44 - April 07, 2011, 09:42 AM

I hate how super brainwashed these children are. it saddens me deeply  Cry
     Reply #45 - April 07, 2011, 11:58 AM

You say that they are evil almost like its an inherent birth trait

I don't know how you have drawn that conclusion.

Deluded yes, evil not so sure.

I disagree. Lament their lost humanity as much as you like, but it doesn’t change what they have actually gone out and done.

They might very well be deluded, about many things. Delusion may very well compel their speech and manner. But they have acted upon it. Their actions are evil. Picketing a funeral is evil. Laughing afterwards is evil. Enjoying it is evil. These are things that I consider evil. Unnecessary evil. It’s one thing to be deluded, or be pathologically inclined to commit evil, it’s another thing to act upon it. That's what I'm taking measure of when I call them evil, their actions.

By their fruits, ye shall know them.

Reply #46 - April 07, 2011, 12:08 PM

In that case please forgive me - its just that this whole concept of black & white/good vs evil are notions that I am currently evaluating in my own head.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »