Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: An insight into Britain's future?

(Read 6346 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: An insight into Britain's future?
     Reply #30 - April 09, 2011, 07:35 PM

Quote from: Allan
    You're probably right. I have little to worry about. But living in Bradford does things to a boy. I'm surrounded by militant Muslim youths.
    Through my own experience they do not view themselves as British. But they enjoy being here. Islamic countries are boring and too strict for these folk.
    People who are not only brainwashed by Islam, but also by the hundreds of conspiracies floating around my City, helping Muslims to avoid serious introspection - because it's always 'there' fault - the Jews, the whites, the British, the Americans etc.
    If I was to receive a penny for every Muslim anti-semite in my City, I'd be wealthy.

Congratulations. You're exercising your rights as a free-ish man to an opinion.

The reason why I've concluded from him is because Sunkat Chandan's are everywhere in my City. Though to be fair most are lazy and too content with their McDonalds and petroleum, as well as their comforting conspiracy theories  to really do anything about their anger.
    I'm not too bothered if you do not believe me, I live here and see it daily. Hence my post.

Congratulations again. Also, thanks for reminding me of Jacob's Ladder. Good movie.

"What does 'loyal' mean here?"
    It means putting your British citizenship first and your religion/ideology second. And yes, this applies to Catholics too.

Putting British citizenship first? Civis ergo sum, eh? So who or what determines what the actions of a good citizen are, exactly?

I'm taking it as read that an individual's conscience should be overridden by such obligations. You're giving the strong impression that an individual citizen's default opinion on British foreign policy should be acceptance. Do you mean to?

As I previously stated - I dislike certain aspects of multi culturism. I like Afro Carribbean culture, dress, music etc. Same goes for many other forms of cultures and people living in Britain. But I don't like Islam. I don't like Islamic ideology, culture, clothing or architecture.

Congratulations. Oh, never mind...

I can get with a Carribbean carnival or a filipino festival. I can adapt and enjoy the fruits of immigration. But not Islam. I feel no connection to it whatsoever. Is that okay?

If the point I've been trying to make is a little unclear, it is this. You're happy to assert a right to your own opinions, but you appear to think that Muslims' opinions should be some sort of special case, subject to some rules of citizenship that you've failed to elaborate on. I wonder why.
     Reply #31 - April 09, 2011, 09:36 PM

Allan

You say that you like Afro-Carribean British culture, but you don't feel the same towards Islam. The problem is you're not comparing like with like. British Carribean culture is a secular culture, Islam is a religion. Religions are always problematic, because they are contentious in their own right, and especially in prosletysing religions with an aggressive sense of asserting itself, set up boundaries between believers and non believers in ways that secular cultures don't.

Secular ethnicities and cultures are generally permeable, open to miscegenation (both in actual real human terms and cultural terms) and adaptations. Religious identity politics tends to be resistant to hybridity and adaptation.

Its not entirely your fault that you make this category error of comparison, because Muslims have asserted the primacy of Islam as their social identity marker, over their ethnicity, in a way that other groups have not done in the UK over the last few decades. Religious identity politics, movements like the Jamaat-e-Islami and Tableegi Jamaat, Deobandi ideologues are all very assertive and active in Yorkshire, and have been for a long, long time.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #32 - April 10, 2011, 03:26 AM

I would say its more than that.  Secular ethnic identities and even religious identities in secular states such as Catholics and Jews have an implied recognition of an equality of the humanity of those not in their ethnic or religious identify ( though not always).  Islam as a ethnic identity isn't an marker of uniqueness but of total supremacy or at least a total seperation if taken in its more hardened forms.  

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #33 - April 11, 2011, 09:51 AM

Billy - admittedly my aim in this discussion was lacking accuracy, but your correct observation is the point I'm trying to get across.
    As I stated earlier, anybody with a British passport can & will be critical of British foreign policy.
    I'm not attempting to suggest that the only decent Brit alive is the one who indulges themselves in the predictable cliches of tacky British culture whilst drinking tea from a Wills & Kate wedding celebratory mug.

But the difference with your average non-Muslim individual who happens to disagree with British internal issues as well as the UK's foreign policy, lies with the origin in where their frustration stems from.
    I'm convinced the supremacist forms of thinking within Islam play a large role in the mental development in you g Muslims.
    Most non-Muslims are not arriving at these decisions & beliefs regarding British culture & the role it plays in the world, inspired by an Arab ideology which shares little to no relevance with British secularism. An ideology that displays little benevolence to outsiders, while providing answers to all the (Western) problems in your life, an ideology that I believe acts as the catalyst towards not only separatism & a lack of true cohesion with the majority surrounding kaffir's, but as a vehicle to justify 'a them & us' mentality.

Suggesting a city filled with Sukant Chandan's is an exaggeration, and even though he may not be Muslim, his cosigning of Islamism Is enough for me to place him into the aforementioned category.

Reply #34 - April 11, 2011, 12:16 PM

Dear Allan

when I was a Muslim, I still loved my Country UK. I even wanted to enroll in the British Armed Forces, but couldnt as I got married and My wife objected. Plus you know they would send me to Afghanistan as I can speak the Language of the land, Plus there was the other reasons, being a Pashtun, could be very harmful if I was ever to be Captured, you know I could have been sent to Punjab Pakistan and tortured by some Mullah and his students.

I look at things logically, Britain has raised me, given me food, protected me, given me rights, given me a good standard of life so why should I hate Britain?

You see Allan, it takes time for people to integrate, most migrants from especially Pakistan Punjab/Mir Pur come from very poor and socially deprieved backgrounds, they have never seen free medical treatment let alone a paper with paracetamol written on, everything seems new to them, as if they have went forward in time, the Media plays a bigger role in their radicalisation more than Islam, Islam is just a tool, when they see pictures of dead kids in Afghanistan by Nato jets, when they see their politicans hiding in the West after they have abused citizen rights, they become radicalised and Islam is just a tool to secure this radicalisation and keep it intact.

Most Muslims in the UK enjoy their standard of life, they love the employment opportunities, they love the free education and the rights, just let time tell, and you will be suprized. I already see Muslim couples going on dates in town centres, I see Muslim guys/girls posting pics of themselves which is deemed Haraam in islamic law.

Let time tell as I said before, people change as time progresses.

Obviously an eye has to be kept on some people.
     Reply #35 - April 11, 2011, 12:28 PM

Listen guys regarding the whole Libyan topic.

Its a well known fact its for the Oil. Rebels are already selling off the oil cheaply to Arab states and Nato countries.

Alqaeda leaders of the Libyan branch operately freely being guided by Nato. Even some Politicians in America have questioned and objected to supporting this war on the grounds that Alqaeda Libya Branch are being supported.

As former Muslims, I find it quite hypocritcally to see some members here supporting this stupid war and painting a false image of it being a rebles fight for freedom and democracy, its wrong!

Sukant made a great point and the emotional Libyan Closet Jihadi couldnt handle a debate.

These western countries are a complete Joke!

one side you got the chechen Jihadi reble councils operating in Poland, Sweden,Jordan and Turkey and now as typical and usual the British allow more jihadi cockroaches to make their own reble governments on their soil.

Allan, Britain at times is a complete joke, not because of Muslims but because of who it associate itself with.

Take Punjabi Jihadi Leader Nawaz Sharif, its a well known fact that he received payments from Bin Laden to allow his forces to operate freely in Pakistan and to bring in Islamic Law, who gave shalter to Nawaz Sharif? it was UK

Another Jihadi Supporter is Mushraff, he may have turned against them, but he too has a long history of supporting jihad in Afghanistan, and it was Britain who gave shelter to him too.

Then its MQM leader Altaf Hussain, who has butchered many innocent people, and who gave him shelter? it was Britain!

Britain on side complains about international terrorism but on the other hand they encourage it by doing such stupid things.

That is my only complaint on Britain otherwise its quite a nice place to live.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »