Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: AAA - Anime Addicts Anonymous

(Read 17244 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: AAA - Anime Addicts Anonymous
     Reply #30 - April 01, 2011, 04:28 PM

And yeah, the epic Ghost in the Shell - Poetic reflection on identity and humanities relationship with technology. They pretty much remade this and called it The Matrix. Some of the most iconic scenes and set pieces in The Matrix are lifted straight from this animation, as well as some of the philosophy and a lot of the art direction. Also a great philosophical narrative on artificial intelligence and transhumanism. And one of the best opening credits of any movie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA0EVZbnOW4

I watched this yesterday, it was a good film but it was dubbed...  mysmilie_977
     Reply #31 - April 01, 2011, 04:29 PM

but it was dubbed...  mysmilie_977

That's disgusting.  Cry

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #32 - April 01, 2011, 04:30 PM

You tried Naruto Berbs? That's very good! Very addictive too.
     Reply #33 - April 01, 2011, 04:30 PM

I know, but I lived to tell about it.
     Reply #34 - April 01, 2011, 04:31 PM

The Japanese forgive you.   cool2

I don't forgive them

But I may forgive Pokemon

fuck you
     Reply #35 - April 01, 2011, 04:35 PM

You tried Naruto Berbs? That's very good! Very addictive too.

Yea, I've been told I need to get through the 1st season and into the 2nd before it gets really good.  I will, but the 1st season isn't all that great so I gave up for a bit lol.

Reply #36 - April 01, 2011, 04:51 PM

Lol fair enough. Probably a good thing, it's too easy to watch 20min episodes. Their cliff hangers are worse than 24!

I haven't watched any anime in a while. Might try one of the Gundam series. I was hooked on Gundam Wing when I was young, to the point of being obsessed!

Can you recommend me any other good stuff? There's so many it's overwhelming! I loved Full Metal Alchemist. That's been my favourite so far. I prefer the serious ones (which have a comedic edge). Don't want any recommendations like One Piece, I couldn't stand that.
     Reply #37 - April 01, 2011, 05:15 PM

Lol fair enough. Probably a good thing, it's too easy to watch 20min episodes. Their cliff hangers are worse than 24!

I haven't watched any anime in a while. Might try one of the Gundam series. I was hooked on Gundam Wing when I was young, to the point of being obsessed!

Can you recommend me any other good stuff? There's so many it's overwhelming! I loved Full Metal Alchemist. That's been my favourite so far. I prefer the serious ones (which have a comedic edge). Don't want any recommendations like One Piece, I couldn't stand that.

Have you watched Elfen Lied?  

http://myanimelist.net/anime/226/Elfen_Lied

The Diclonius, a mutated homosapien that is said to be selected by God and will eventually become the destruction of mankind, possess two horns on their heads and have a "sixth sense" which gives them telekinetic abilities. Due to this dangerous power, they have been captured and isolated in laboratories by the government. Lucy, a young and psychotic Diclonius, manages to break free of her confines and brutally murders most of the guards in the laboratory where she is being held, only to be shot in the head as she makes her escape. She survives, falling off a cliff into the ocean and manages to drift along to a beach where two teenagers, Kouta and Yuka, discover her. Having lost her memories, she was named after the only thing that she can now say, "Nyuu," and the two allow her to stay at Kouta's home. However, it appears that the psychotic side of Lucy is not dead just yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iBtdFOvgtg&feature=related

Most amazing soundtrack.

Don't be fooled by the dark trailer, it does have humour, I LOL'ed many times.

Reply #38 - April 01, 2011, 05:27 PM

Looks pretty decent. Too many kids in it but I will give it a try anyway  Afro
     Reply #39 - April 01, 2011, 05:38 PM

Looks pretty decent. Too many kids in it but I will give it a try anyway  Afro

I don't really like kiddy ones, Lucy is psychotic, and the deeper background stories are quite sad.  Full metal alchemist seemed kiddish to me but turned out to be worth it.  So will this one.    I enjoyed it so much I finished all the episodes in one night. Grin

Ok, no kids:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1535/Death_Note

Death note

During just another normal day, Light Yagami stumbles upon a black notebook known as the Death Note. This notebook belongs to a shinigami, Ryuk, having the ability to kill anyone who has their name written in it. As the new owner of the Death Note, Light's true desires surface, yearning to cleanse the world of evil by murdering a large number of criminals. When the world begins to notice the existence of this unknown killer, legendary detective L is brought onto the case; starting a war between "Kira" and L. Whoever is able to find out the other's identity first will be the one to survive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhzikdFMv7Y

The trailer isn't all that, not compared to how great this anime is. 

Reply #40 - April 01, 2011, 05:47 PM

Oooh that's peaked my interest! Will deffo watch that one. Good point about Full Metal Alchemist however. That show made me forget the main characters were kids Smiley
     Reply #41 - April 01, 2011, 05:50 PM

I watched this yesterday, it was a good film but it was dubbed...  mysmilie_977

Once a friend and i were watching an episode of bleach, and we were surfing around and came across the one we wanted...

we clicked it...

It began.

They were SPEAKING IN ENGLISH. OMG IT'S DUBBED, We thought and scrambled around to close it. MY EARS MY EARS.

It is still painful to talk about...

The end.

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #42 - April 01, 2011, 05:52 PM

now and then, here and there. best anime ever even if it's only 13 episodes.
     Reply #43 - April 01, 2011, 06:35 PM

Oooh that's peaked my interest! Will deffo watch that one. Good point about Full Metal Alchemist however. That show made me forget the main characters were kids Smiley

Afro  Post here when you've watched a few episodes, let me know what you thought of it.  I stayed up all night over a few nights watching them all.  Grin

And Elfen lied, remember my wise words on FMA and kiddy faces, and don't let me down buddy.  Watch it.

Once a friend and i were watching an episode of bleach, and we were surfing around and came across the one we wanted...

we clicked it...

It began.

They were SPEAKING IN ENGLISH. OMG IT'S DUBBED, We thought and scrambled around to close it. MY EARS MY EARS.

It is still painful to talk about...

The end.

Grin  I've heard some of the english voices used in comparison to the Japanese.  I don't know why they keep choosing such retarded voice overs, when the Japanese voice sounds nothing like it.  It's insane lol.

now and then, here and there. best anime ever even if it's only 13 episodes.

Just youtubed, added to my list. Thanks.   Smiley

Reply #44 - April 01, 2011, 06:56 PM

Am I the only one here that has watched Baccano?
     Reply #45 - April 01, 2011, 07:34 PM

Am I the only one here that has watched Baccano?

I hadn't, but I just checked it out, looks alright still.  I will give it a go soon.   Afro

Reply #46 - April 01, 2011, 10:00 PM

Afro  Post here when you've watched a few episodes, let me know what you thought of it.  I stayed up all night over a few nights watching them all.  Grin

Damn you Berbs! I'm currently on episode 6, I can see myself staying up watching this lol. Good stuff, I'm liking it!
     Reply #47 - April 01, 2011, 10:20 PM

Damn you Berbs! I'm currently on episode 6, I can see myself staying up watching this lol. Good stuff, I'm liking it!

Damn me all you like, I'm just happy you're a satisfied customer.   cool2

It's pretty damn good lol.

Reply #48 - April 01, 2011, 11:04 PM

Was addicted to anime when I was 15/16 countless time wasted on bleach/naruto which I stopped following. I've probably watched episodes from 50+ series's but only ended up finishing a handful cause some do tend to drag on a bit and i loose interest. Death note is my favorite though, in my opinion no anime comes close to death note. It's weird cause I feel like I've grown out of anime after being so addicted to it!
     Reply #49 - April 01, 2011, 11:12 PM

I guess I regressed since I never watched it when I was 15, I was already clubbing at that age, no time for anime. Grin

Reply #50 - April 01, 2011, 11:40 PM

Woah, so much anime.

I am currently waiting for Bleach to stop being fillers.
    I am following One Piece, and I need to pick some other anime to watch.

I have yet to start watching Elfen Lied, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist and maybe Trigun.
    Not sure what I should try first.

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #51 - April 01, 2011, 11:45 PM

Woah, so much anime.

I am currently waiting for Bleach to stop being fillers.

Same as.  My kids are content to watch fillers, but I need the storyline to return to WTF, is Ichigo going to get his powers back?  mysmilie_977

Some of the arrancar fights were the best I've ever seen.  To my eyes anyway.  Embarrassed  ah ha ha.

I am following One Piece, and I need to pick some other anime to watch.

Don't know why, just couldn't get into one piece.  It's supposed to be good but I tried, and failed to stay connected.

I have yet to start watching Elfen Lied, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist and maybe Trigun.
    Not sure what I should try first.

Death note and Elfen Lied 1st and foremost.  They have my 100% vote of confidence, support, and love.

Reply #52 - April 01, 2011, 11:50 PM

Final Zangetsu was way awesome Cheesy

I am into One Piece cause I accidentally caught the first episode on TV years ago.
    It was just too silly not to watch.

I think you just convinced me to download and watch Death Note this weekend or the next Cheesy

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #53 - April 01, 2011, 11:59 PM

Two words: Paranoia Agent.

From Satochi Kon, creator of Perfect Blue (another great film but a bit of a mind fuck).

Thank me later.
     Reply #54 - April 02, 2011, 12:24 AM

Final Zangetsu was way awesome Cheesy

I think I was in love with him in that form.  Grin 

Although, I expected a more drawn out battle. 

I think you just convinced me to download and watch Death Note this weekend or the next Cheesy

You won't regret it, as you can see, Peru is already addicted.  Grin

Reply #55 - April 02, 2011, 12:24 AM

Two words: Paranoia Agent.

From Satochi Kon, creator of Perfect Blue (another great film but a bit of a mind fuck).

Thank me later.

Can't thank you for missing the fact that it is in my 'watched' list already.   Tongue

Reply #56 - April 02, 2011, 12:32 AM

Was addicted to anime when I was 15/16 countless time wasted on bleach/naruto which I stopped following. I've probably watched episodes from 50+ series's but only ended up finishing a handful cause some do tend to drag on a bit and i loose interest. Death note is my favorite though, in my opinion no anime comes close to death note. It's weird cause I feel like I've grown out of anime after being so addicted to it!

You should try Gantz. It's dark, like Death Note and grown-upy. It's among one of my favourites and had a great ending.

I've just finished episode 11 of Death Note. I fucking hate cliff hangers! I need to sleep!!!!! :( I'm getting my hair dyed tomorrow, need to be able to get up for that!

Right, one more episode and that's it for today. My eyes are literally watering now...
     Reply #57 - April 02, 2011, 12:38 AM

Cheesy  That is pretty much what happened to me.

Reply #58 - April 02, 2011, 12:42 AM

Gantz! I watched the first few episodes of that, I really liked it actually, I can't remember why I stopped watching. I may have to start watching again.

Hehe make sure it's just one more episode! Can easily turn into 5 more  001_tongue
     Reply #59 - April 02, 2011, 12:58 AM

oh and everyone who mentioned Grave of the fireflies Afro I definitely recommend it for anyone who hasn't seen it. Watched it cause my girlfriend made a bet I'd cry if I watched it, as a response to me telling her I never get emotional over tv or anime shows.
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »