Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Cutting Friday Prayers

(Read 7984 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Cutting Friday Prayers
     OP - October 03, 2010, 09:26 PM

I'm sure they are people who cut friday prayers by going to some places where you won't be found

Normally, I go out of house ,an hour before friday prayer to a football pitch of a school close to our home and wait until they finish their prayers, then i will go back home.

Last friday was unfortunate for me, while i was taking a break after studying for exams throughout the morning, i went to get stoned forgetting it was friday. just as i was passing the dining room to head straight to my room and lock myself in,i came across my mom sitting and told me it was time for friday prayer.

I went into my room, took a praying Mat, and a book to while away my time at the football pitch, While on my way 3 of our neighbours offered me a ride and i politely declined by telling them i am going with a freind of mine that lives close by, just as i was getting close to the pitch, My Uncle drove by and stopped after seeing me. he opened the side door and beckons me to enter. i couldn't lie to him because he knows i don't know anyone living on the road, so i entered and we drove off to the mosque only to find out that they have finished.

At first i was glad that we are heading back home, but he insisted that we should look for another mosque, where they haven't started praying, i was pissed off finmad because we have to drive outside the city to find one which we did.

What's even worse i got stoned for nothing, i spent one hour listening to sermon(Khutbah) which irks the shit out of me, and another hour spent on traffic jam,listening to Sudais reciting Surah Baqara on the radio and driving all the way back home.

Next time i am going to wear a hoodie and a facecap

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
  • Re: Cutting Friday Prayers
     Reply #1 - October 03, 2010, 10:59 PM

finmad

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #2 - October 03, 2010, 11:35 PM

Huh?
    I am trying to understand whether i have pissed you off or not, i don't know, but i am posting this story because it amuses me anytime i recall what just happened that day and i thought i might share it just for laughs,or maybe i created a thread in a wrong section Whatever?. i'm not writing it to make it look like "hey it's cool  to cut friday prayers because im an ex-muslim and it's fun".

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #3 - October 04, 2010, 01:17 AM

During Ramadan I used to leave the house for Jumma... but I didn't actually go inside the mosque.  I just wandered around the mosque in side streets and alley ways (nothing dodgy!) until Jumma was over.

I shouldn't even have to do that.  Meh...

Reply #4 - October 04, 2010, 02:11 AM

delete
     Reply #5 - October 04, 2010, 08:13 AM

Ouch, that was an unfortunate day! Grin I'm glad I'm not a guy, especially now that my dad has been getting more religious. He goes to the mosque nearly everyday now! I blame old age.  Roll Eyes

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."
    ~ Douglas Adams
     Reply #6 - October 04, 2010, 09:01 AM

I am trying to understand whether i have pissed you off or not, i don't know,

dont be silly, I can understand how frsutrating it would be having to listen have to listen to hours of arabic bunk through your your earholes when your an atheist (particularly when all you want is to have a good time & you're caned Smiley)

During Ramadan I used to leave the house for Jumma... but I didn't actually go inside the mosque.  I just wandered around the mosque in side streets and alley ways (nothing dodgy!) until Jumma was over.

I shouldn't even have to do that.  Meh...

Me too - I still do this at funerals

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #7 - October 04, 2010, 03:32 PM

Oh  Cheesy, now i get what you mean, when you  put the angry smiley. I just hope a day like that wont happen again

Reply #8 - October 19, 2010, 02:28 AM

Man, Friday prayer. I feel your pain man.

Faking Jummah was probably the one thing that kept my family sane -- I would drive to the uni, park (in a sideroad where I couldn't be spotted), and literally doze off listening to the radio. Maybe get out and walk to the shop to buy a packet of skittles.

The worst thing would be going with my dad... nightmare. He would ask me "where was jummah last week" (it tends to jump locations).  whistling2

I went to jummah quite recently, kind of as a compromise to my dad before I left home. I had to clean my ears out they were so full of bullshit afterwards. This is one thing I envy women in Islam for, they didn't have to go to jummah.
     Reply #9 - October 19, 2010, 02:48 AM

lol i have my ipod with the head phones when ever I am dragged out to a mosque for eid or my dad stays home, in which case its a tradition to go. usually i dont have the car or i am working  dance.

best way to enjoy the khutba is just to put ur beats on and get lost in em.

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #10 - October 19, 2010, 04:51 PM

lol i have my ipod with the head phones when ever I am dragged out to a mosque for eid or my dad stays home, in which case its a tradition to go. usually i dont have the car or i am working  dance.

best way to enjoy the khutba is just to put ur beats on and get lost in em.

Do you wear a beanie or have long hair canex? I could not pull this off, not for lack of trying.
     Reply #11 - October 19, 2010, 06:20 PM

I've only been to Jumma once in the last year  dance

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #12 - October 19, 2010, 08:54 PM

Do you wear a beanie or have long hair canex? I could not pull this off, not for lack of trying.

lol naw son. i am bit brave. i just put them in ear and chill out. if anyone asks just say nothing is on. better of coming in wearing them.

i guess if u live in a muslim country then it would be hard. in that case put them under ur hoodie and keep the hood on you. good luck !!

or just come late to the jumma, make an excuse to do wudu and just stay there washing ur hands and face slooooooooowly, sit at the back where u can smell the sisters' perfume at least Smiley

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #13 - October 26, 2010, 06:51 PM

lol naw son. i am bit brave. i just put them in ear and chill out. if anyone asks just say nothing is on. better of coming in wearing them.

i guess if u live in a muslim country then it would be hard. in that case put them under ur hoodie and keep the hood on you. good luck !!

or just come late to the jumma, make an excuse to do wudu and just stay there washing ur hands and face slooooooooowly, sit at the back where u can smell the sisters' perfume at least Smiley

Cheesy

I don't go to jummah or the mosque anymore. Haven't been since september and doubt I will ever go again unless it is part of some family "function". Goddamn I hate these "functions" where everyone acts all pseudo-religious, "Ooh look at me I'm getting up to pray you lesser people, ooh look at me I'm wearing a hijab whilst the guy reads out of a Qur'an."

Give 'em a a fucking cracker.
     Reply #14 - October 26, 2010, 08:36 PM

yea i agree with on all that self righteous display of piety crap. every time there is a group prayer my cousin leads who is the same age as me. he is soooo much more respected for that versus me lol. when i was muslim id feel bad for being lazy and not having enough knowledge to lead the prayers now i am proud of it  Roll Eyes

Reply #15 - October 26, 2010, 08:50 PM

I used to lead the magrib prayers occasionally, as my father could not pronounce Arabic with the correct tajweed. I used to love that feeling of being the man of the house, plus it was a nice little thing for the family to do together in the evening.
     Reply #16 - October 29, 2010, 02:55 PM

^^ they have so many ways to make you feel shame , i was like that too

my father is very religious he goes every day to the mosque he read quran everyday , and he finishes the quran in ramadan 3 time , he's very knowledgeable but very thick headed though
     Reply #17 - October 07, 2011, 09:00 PM

I'm sure they are people who cut friday prayers by going to some places where you won't be found

Normally, I go out of house ,an hour before friday prayer to a football pitch of a school close to our home and wait until they finish their prayers, then i will go back home.

Last friday was unfortunate for me, while i was taking a break after studying for exams throughout the morning, i went to get stoned forgetting it was friday. just as i was passing the dining room to head straight to my room and lock myself in,i came across my mom sitting and told me it was time for friday prayer.

I went into my room, took a praying Mat, and a book to while away my time at the football pitch, While on my way 3 of our neighbours offered me a ride and i politely declined by telling them i am going with a freind of mine that lives close by, just as i was getting close to the pitch, My Uncle drove by and stopped after seeing me. he opened the side door and beckons me to enter. i couldn't lie to him because he knows i don't know anyone living on the road, so i entered and we drove off to the mosque only to find out that they have finished.

At first i was glad that we are heading back home, but he insisted that we should look for another mosque, where they haven't started praying, i was pissed off finmad because we have to drive outside the city to find one which we did.

What's even worse i got stoned for nothing, i spent one hour listening to sermon(Khutbah) which irks the shit out of me, and another hour spent on traffic jam,listening to Sudais reciting Surah Baqara on the radio and driving all the way back home.

Next time i am going to wear a hoodie and a facecap

And since then i never went to friday prayers again, wow, thats like a year.  Cheesy

Reply #18 - October 07, 2011, 09:30 PM

thats quite a story ninja, what country you live in?

"The words that oscillate between nonsense and supreme meaning are the oldest and truest." - C.G. Jung
     Reply #19 - October 07, 2011, 09:51 PM

I've only been to Jumma once in the last year  dance

^I miss those days.  Cry

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #20 - October 07, 2011, 10:04 PM

thats quite a story naija, what country you live in?

Naija, not Ninja Tongue

I live in a country from West Africa region called Nigeria.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »