Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ex-christian

(Read 2285 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex-christian
     OP - April 28, 2011, 01:33 AM

Hello guys, from an ex-christian and ex-religionist (is that a correct word?) piggy

From early childhood i was thoght by my granny and Mom that I should be a good christian girl. Well to be honest i always wondered how people feel the presence of God, i 've never felt it in my life....

Then came years of seeking for some sort of substitution for Christianity, i was reading about Buddhism, Islam and Judaism....and i was wondering  ''why do i need a religion after all'''...why can't I be a happy and fullfilled person on my own...

so now i am standing alone, but feeling much better.

Isn't it funny how cats can understand people without ever reading a single psychology book?
  • Re: Ex-christian
     Reply #1 - April 28, 2011, 01:45 AM

Hi Merry, welcome to the forum!  Smiley
    Glad to hear you feel better, even though you're standing alone.
     Reply #2 - April 28, 2011, 03:08 AM

welcome aboard! what was is about Christianity in particular that turned you off ?

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #3 - April 28, 2011, 03:29 AM

Welcome to the forum, Merry_Squirell. victory

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #4 - April 28, 2011, 04:32 AM

Hi Smiley Welcome  parrot
    I'm an ex-Christian here too ^_^. Been baptized twice when I was young didn't do anything spiritual for me. Then every time I go to church I feel nauseous so I never looked forward to going ;A;

How old are you and where re you from?and from Christian sect did you once hail from?

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #5 - April 28, 2011, 06:38 AM

Glad you found your way out. Atheism offers you cookies and parrots.

Enjoy!  parrot

And Welcome!

Grouchy  what is the  good reason for picking up an innocent girl  as Osama  bin Laden?    

Reply #6 - April 28, 2011, 02:16 PM

Welcome to the forum. Here is your parrot   parrot

And yes you don't need religion to lead a good and happy life. It is funny that creationists claim that atheists are unhappy and pessimistic. Theists are always afraid of eternal hellfire (plus grave torture in Islam)   skull , they're also always concerned if they're doing the right or the wrong thing according to their own god. Not to mention that to be very religious and god's favorite "Slave" you have to hate on people (The Islamic obsession with Jews for example).  Snap out of it Once I abandoned all religions, my life changed drastically. I realized that I am gonna die and that's it. So LETS LIVE IT UP! Now I spend more quality time with family, I read more, I dance dance dance, I laugh my heart off, and most importantly I forgive. I am way happier than most theists I know.

Regarding morality, we don't need religion to tell us what is the right thing to do because:

1. Most preach immoral acts (beating women and children and bashing gay people).
    2. They oblige you to do unnecessary things to satisfy god that won't be of any benefit to other fellow humans such as running around a big black stone.
    3. People will end up doing immoral things anyways, religions teach that you can talk to your imaginary friend about it (repent) and you're good, but don't demand repairing the damage to those you hurt.

The point is what is moral about going to the bathroom with your left foot preceding the right one and what is immoral about being gay?

Enjoy your stay here.   party!

Man created God in his image : intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent.
     Reply #7 - April 28, 2011, 02:21 PM

Welcome!
    Glad to hear you've escaped from the shackles of Middle-Eastern superstition.
    Enjoy your stay!

<dust>: i love tea!!!
    <dust>: milky tea
    <three>: soooo gentle for my neck (from the inside)
    <dust>: mm
    <three>: it's definitely not called neck
    <dust>: lol
    <three>: what's the word i'm looking for
    <dust>: throat
     Reply #8 - April 29, 2011, 04:23 PM

Thanks guys... parrot

Isn't it funny how cats can understand people without ever reading a single psychology book?
     Reply #9 - April 29, 2011, 06:10 PM

I hope it's not too late to say welcome Merry?

Nice post hypex. Told you you were a star  Afro

Hi
     Reply #10 - April 29, 2011, 10:19 PM

You're on the pull, aren't you?
     Reply #11 - April 29, 2011, 10:23 PM

You offering David?

Hi
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »