Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hey new ex-muslim (i think)

(Read 10256 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Hey new ex-muslim (i think)
     Reply #30 - March 21, 2011, 04:54 PM

The reasons, why Islam is not true:

(From Quran)
    1. Treatement of women like sub-humans.
    2. Sex with slaves being totally moral.
    3. Flat earth - Sun rises on earth, and sets on earth.
    4. Faulty embryology.
    5. It is completely morally ok to collect war booty  and raid caravans, but if someone steal anything, chop their hands off!

(From Hadith)
    1. Prophet's obsession with pee (Camel pee being cure for cold, shaitaan urinates in your ears if you don't wake up for fajr etc)
    2. Prophet marrying multiple women including 6 year old girl.
    3. Prophet thought that end of time is near (refering to a kid, that he wouldn't get old before the world will collapse)

Anyways, if you want references, I will be gladly provide them to you.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #31 - March 21, 2011, 08:05 PM

Thanks muddy, I think I was just feeling a bit emotional after talking to my friend. Got a bit heated. I ate ham for the first time today and drank vodka. Vodka is disgusting Shocked
     Reply #32 - March 21, 2011, 09:02 PM

You ate ham already?!

It took me over a year to be able to eat pork. Congrats.  dance

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #33 - March 22, 2011, 07:30 AM

Shit I cannot even bring myself to buy a burger at a non-halaal place and I have been trying to but do not have the courage, I've got some deep-rooted indoctrination I still need to get rid of, so kudos to you and welcome
     Reply #34 - March 22, 2011, 10:23 AM

All their arguments crumble when opposed by logic and reason. Give us your friend's best shot  cool2

And welcome!

I'm open for debate (of why we should re-/embrace Islam), but I will no longer participate in this forum. Message me if you need anything. Good luck and may you all find your way... again...
     Reply #35 - March 22, 2011, 11:17 AM

Try to look at religion from outside it. If you look at the beliefs and superstitions of people over the last millennia, you'll realise that God has always been around, in many different forms (Weather gods, volcano gods, creation gods creating life out of ooze, water, trees, ... depending on which culture in which part of the world is preaching it). Allah is just one form, that was created after a sequence of other gods before him.

Muhammad was not a prophet. He was simply a 7th century man who lived in a time where much was unknown and the invocation of a supernatural being was almost necessary to not lose your mind on how the world works.

"But Muhammad did have good teachings"
    Agreed, but he also had bad teachings. The good teachings are those that we today regard as basic morality (respect, mercy, ... although he didn't always comply to those very rules). The bad teachings are those that were compatible with his day and age, but incompatible with ours (slavery, extreme punishments [sharia], oppression of women [half inheritance, coverage, beating them but not vice versa]).
    So again, this makes more sense if we regard Muhammad as a 7th century man, claiming to hear God, rather than regarding him as a prophet of God delivering a final, ultimate message.

Al-Hallaaj was one of the most well known heretics who were put to death without being asked to repent. Al-Qaadi ‘Iyaad said: 

The Maaliki fuqaha’ of Baghdad at the time of al-Muqtadir were unanimously agreed that al-Hallaaj should be killed and crucified because of his claim to divinity and his belief in incarnation, and his saying “I am al-Haqq [God],” even though he outwardly appeared to adhere to sharee’ah, and they did not accept his repentance.

In ancient cultures they used to sacrifice animals. Later cultures, influenced by the local religion, moved on to sacrificing humans, in the name of their God. Same bullshit, different time/packaging.

Here's a 2-part (objective and reliable, sources are available on Klingschor's blog) biography of Muhammad made by a member of this board.
    Watch it and ask yourself: does this profile describe a final prophet, or simply a typical 7th century Arab, with a whole bunch of leadership, trying to save his ass out of the trouble he got in by revealing convenient verses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tj1j8089LM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DagUWed95E

<dust>: i love tea!!!
    <dust>: milky tea
    <three>: soooo gentle for my neck (from the inside)
    <dust>: mm
    <three>: it's definitely not called neck
    <dust>: lol
    <three>: what's the word i'm looking for
    <dust>: throat
     Reply #36 - March 22, 2011, 05:19 PM

@A-lie

When you get time please explain the things that your friend is saying that is making things difficult.

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #37 - March 22, 2011, 05:56 PM

I'm worried maybe when i was doing my research i only read an extreme point of view that obviously was trying to make islam look bad...

Yes, all the bad things they say about Islam are just from the extremist point of view. Islam is not the cruel, harsh religion the enemies make it out to be. It is truly a religion of peace.

Please return to Islam!

Or the All-Merciful will torture you for ever.
     Reply #38 - March 22, 2011, 06:48 PM

i'ts not easy living a double life, but maybe if you looked at it another way ?
    i , too sometimes feel the need to bluntly express my apostasy and stance on religious thought. which i realize holds very little significance for the people around me . in my head, i think " it's a good thing that diversity is exposed" but it is rarely followed up with a conversation which gives and takes and makes the two parts re-evaluate themselves . you'll just end up being labeled if you're in a Muslim community.not necessarily being in the extreme bad sense. but just labeled! as we all religious or not are ..

maybe if you  take this time to figure out what you agree/disagree in regards to the religion and the culture surrounding it  and what your thoughtful  contribution would be .once you're backed up with reasons that mean something to you , it won't end up being about people apposing you or pressuring you for being an Ex muslim ( if you end up being one) . it will be about the ideas you express and how much sense it makes/doesn't make sense to them. I don't think you need to come out to your parents as an Ex muslim. it can sort of be conveyed without really highlighting it by expressing a sense of engagement and tactful expression in subjects surrounding it .

i am much more prone to avoid this subject when certain family members are around . i've had to bite my lip a few times because the subject at hand did not allow me to address it from any aspect without rejecting  the whole idea. such as the notion of the "envious eye "  which came up during a family gathering including my dad.All i could  think at the time was a question that includes the word allah in it . and you know how taboo these questions are .
    I wanted to say if Allah is the only entity with power to effect the course of your life  to the better or worse. what does it say about people who can effect your "destiny"  such as " those with a vengeful eye " , people dealing with magic, jinn, Shaitan( last one is a bit of a reach:P) are they given powers which are exclusive to Allah? and do we then treat them in ways which should  also  be exclusive to Allah?

So yeah, you get my point! i Say we at times when it's a touchy subject or i think it will unnecessarily taint my relationship. because it disregards any means of separation  yet the nature of the conversation  highlights our different outlooks.

Having Said that , i  was  impatient to take the time when i first realized my doubts...and took various positions and sometimes unideal modes of addressing subjects (i'm sure i still do in regards to things i'm ignorant about) that's why i'm rambling endlessly ^. But i definitely see the awesome benefits of coming out clean to your family, dealing with it and feeling a sense of a more honest closeness. it's what i aim for. Knowing myself, i think it's smarter not to  rush it . I don't have any good reason to!

"Tomorrow is the today you were worried about yesterday" Unknown
     Reply #39 - March 24, 2011, 01:54 PM

cool story bro
     Reply #40 - March 24, 2011, 03:40 PM

Great post, mufa9a. Afro

Everyone's situation is different and everyone is different.  That's why a forum like this is great for people wanting to gauge the different opinions (i.e. how other people handle their apostasy and family/friends situation).  You will notice the advice is often mixed, and whether or not you come out to your parents is not important for most people.

Also, I must say the evil eye concept in Islam is quite absurd.  That paragraph should perhaps go in the 'Awkward questions' thread.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #41 - April 02, 2011, 12:11 AM

Three44 and mufa9a thanks a lot for taking the time to write your answers they were both very helpful.. thnkyu Thank you all for welcoming me... I haven't been very active lately but will be soon  Smiley
     Reply #42 - April 02, 2011, 12:50 AM

A-Lie wrote on March 20, 2011, 02:51 PM:
    I'm worried maybe when i was doing my research i only read an extreme point of view that obviously was trying to make islam look bad...

Yes, all the bad things they say about Islam are just from the extremist point of view. Islam is not the cruel, harsh religion the enemies make it out to be. It is truly a religion of peace.

Please return to Islam!

Or the All-Merciful will torture you for ever.

That is what a sarcastic Socrates says.,  dear "A-Lie" , don't believe that lie

Hassan is  acting  as Muslim,  drinking juice,  smoking pot  writing rubbish ., Quran is the most clearest book ever written on earth, see what Book of Allah says

[2.99] And certainly We have revealed to you clear communications and none disbelieve in them except the transgressors.

[2.242] Allah thus makes clear to you His communications that you may understand.

So dear "A-Lie", Forget Hassan Read Quran

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »