Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hey new ex-muslim (i think)

(Read 10252 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hey new ex-muslim (i think)
     OP - March 20, 2011, 07:51 PM

Hey Guys, I'm 21 male and live in the uk. I have left islam about a month ago. I felt it was the right thing to do. I felt good about it but every time I talk to my friend about the problems i have with islam she starts rationalising everything and i forget why i left in the first place. I'm worried maybe when i was doing my research i only read an extreme point of view that obviously was trying to make islam look bad... I'm really confused guys... i'm a rational and open minded thinker though. Can you guys try tell me why you think islam is not true please.

Many thanks

A LIE

• Re: Hey new ex-muslim (i think)
     Reply #1 - March 20, 2011, 07:56 PM

There's no reason to think Islam is true.
     Reply #2 - March 20, 2011, 07:58 PM

Could you explain why Mormonism is untrue?

Perhaps because it's a load of fantasy, and makes magnificent claims without a single shred of evidence?

Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #3 - March 20, 2011, 08:01 PM

I know i know but my friend is very convincing and something is holding me back
     Reply #4 - March 20, 2011, 08:03 PM

What specifcally is your friend saying to you?

Welcome btw  Wink
     Reply #5 - March 20, 2011, 08:05 PM

Invite your friend here!  Tongue

Welcome.  Smiley

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #6 - March 20, 2011, 08:06 PM

Hi A-Lie!

If you wish you could have a look at some of the videos found on CEMB YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CEMBadmins

These are all top quality videos:

Hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wyiLR8lTQ8

Ex Muslim? Thinking of leaving Islam? Tired of pretending to be a Muslim? *** You Are Not Alone!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce1-kxGQNns

Why is Kufr a Crime?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz3dyvqDSdE

Life's a Test
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W3r1XEMzcc

Morality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MhkyDnVEKk

Here is a detailed account of many issues in Islam put together by IsLame who is a member here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/19390943/Why-I-left-Islam-and-am-now-an-Exmuslim

If you don't mind me asking, do you still believe in god?

Reply #7 - March 20, 2011, 08:07 PM

Why should it be  easy to believe that there is One universal truth out there accessible to us at this time or has been in the past?

Could it be  that we just don't know and have to speculate? in the meantime, If Allah Exits , he could install a Public surround system and let us know beyond doubt and confusion once and for all  what he needs from us  grin12

"Tomorrow is the today you were worried about yesterday" Unknown
     Reply #8 - March 20, 2011, 08:28 PM

^Allah is not tech-savvy enough for that.

Welcome, Alie. Any particular issues that conflict your soul?

Invite your friend, so we can hear his/her arguments.

"That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger" (The Koran 69:40)
     Reply #9 - March 20, 2011, 08:34 PM

I don't think my friend is open minded enough to be here. Thanks for all the messages guys. Kenan thank you for the videos.... i will watch them in a bit... I'm in revision mode right now for the next hour or so. well basically apostasy does not mean death unless the person is harming muslims and every bad point seems to have some contect or historical reference... like the killing of jews and christians apparently for first 7 years while quran was being revealed it said not to harm them but things were getting out of hand so god revealed passages saying to kill them disbelievers but only if they harm muslims... it's just she seems to have an answer for everything. i hope I haven't rushed this decision i thought i took a long time making. I look forward to replies Smiley
     Reply #10 - March 20, 2011, 08:36 PM

lol read this http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/14231/apostasy

Reply #11 - March 20, 2011, 08:40 PM

up

Cheesy

... I have friends who were born in Muslim families and who have Muslim names, but some of them do not know how to do wudoo’ or how to pray, but they acknowledge the Shahaadatayn.
    Can we regard these people as apostates and thus put them to death?

oh wait ...

these guys are actually serious, aren't they?

@A-Lie

do you still believe in god?
     Reply #12 - March 20, 2011, 08:42 PM

First one thing, 7 years later another thing. Why can't Allah make up his mind - are Koranic verses for a specific time or for all time, or both?

"That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger" (The Koran 69:40)
     Reply #13 - March 20, 2011, 08:42 PM

I don't think my friend is open minded enough to be here.

Hi A-Lie greetings and good wishes  to you and your friend.,  that is O.k., your friend need not be an open minded.   As long as you are here and put forward critical questions to her , you and your friend will be all right and she will have more respect towards you because of your independent stand.

well basically apostasy does not mean death unless the person is harming muslims

That is true ., but what is harming Muslims  means?

Is it not questioning Islam/Quran/Prophet of Islam  means Harming Muslims??  

and every bad point seems to have some contect or historical reference... like the killing of jews and christians apparently for first 7 years while quran was being revealed it said not to harm them but things were getting out of hand so god revealed passages saying to kill them disbelievers but only if they harm muslims..

. That is NOT true.  First 7 years of Islam,  Prophet and his followers never hurt any one., In fact I can say that  History of Islam tells me that first 10years of Islam, Prophet and his followers did NOT hurt anyone., off course there were hardly couple of 100 followers during that time.  

it's just she seems to have an answer for everything. i hope I haven't rushed this decision i thought i took a long time making. I look forward to replies Smiley

No..No Do NOT RUSH TO ANY DECISION ., keep    open mind.  if there is something you think is good in Islam, then there is NOTHING wrong keeping it and following it..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #14 - March 20, 2011, 08:47 PM

thank guys.. all of you... I don't know how i feel exactly.. I felt like i let go of islam from my heart and i felt fin with that for a month. I don't get why i'm doubting my doubt. It doesn't even seem rational to me
     Reply #15 - March 20, 2011, 08:48 PM

Discussing the morality of certain Islamic practices is pointless with most Muslims, they'll just relativise and make excuses for it. The most important question is why Islam is true. What reason do you have to believe in Islam? The scientific miracles of the Qur'an, the inimitable eloquence or personal experience?

Reply #16 - March 20, 2011, 08:50 PM

Welcome to the forum, dude. parrot

Just put Islam and all its absurd dogmatic claims through the Baloney Detection test (the video below) and you'll get a big fat FAIL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUB4j0n2UDU&feature=player_embedded

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #17 - March 20, 2011, 08:52 PM

All I know for sure is that in this moment in time that i am not a muslim. I don't know if that is the right thing or the wrong thing. Also i know that i am quite stressed with work load and other stuff and my thinking may not be super clear right now... this may just have to be something i have to research over the summer. I don't really want to be a muslim so maybe i am telling myself it's all a lie? (I doubt that though) so many doubts in so many ways... If god existed he wouldn't have made it a challenge to work this stuff out... life is a test is BS (i hope) lol
     Reply #18 - March 20, 2011, 08:53 PM

thank guys.. all of you... I don't know how i feel exactly.. I felt like i let go of islam from my heart and i felt fin with that for a month. I don't get why i'm doubting my doubt. It doesn't even seem rational to me

I went through the same thing. Even when I realised it was complete bullshit. I still wanted to believe. I even went onto an Islamic forum and tried to get them to make me believe, lol. Your doubts aren't rational, yes, they're emotional. You've been brought up to believe that Islam is the undeniable, unquestionable truth and it's really hard to escape that mindset. Just stay strong and try to keep an open mind.

Mull over this quote for a while: The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also. ~ Mark Twain

Reply #19 - March 20, 2011, 08:53 PM

Well there must be a good reason for doubting you doubt.,   If that doubt is true and if you made an error of judgment, then there is nothing wrong going back to Islam which you think has  some good things in it. Indeed there are SOME GOOD POINTS in Islamic life style.

After all what is Islam??  It is a code of life with certain rules during this life time. If they are good keep it.  if some are bad throw them out.  As simple as  that A-Lie ...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #20 - March 20, 2011, 08:58 PM

Ok i will do this and reply to everyone soon... I need to finish one more lecture and make some notes and will be back... I already feel a bit calmer... ateapotist thanks for the video I will use it in a bit and let you know. Godisnotgreat... i'll mull it over and yeezevee thank you for your balanced view
     Reply #21 - March 20, 2011, 08:59 PM

oh an kenan i have seen all those videos b4 lol...  I think my doubts are emotional as godisnotgreat said above
     Reply #22 - March 20, 2011, 09:11 PM

thnkyu I am ok now... I remember the basis of my doubts, I feel better. Well thanks for welcoming me guys. I look forward to talking to you all in the forums in the future  Smiley
     Reply #23 - March 20, 2011, 10:02 PM

Welcome.

Discussing the morality of certain Islamic practices is pointless with most Muslims, they'll just relativise and make excuses for it. The most important question is why Islam is true. What reason do you have to believe in Islam? The scientific miracles of the Qur'an, the inimitable eloquence or personal experience?

+1. Rather than discussing subjective things like morality for which its easy to rationalize and make up excuses for everything, IMO its better to discuss the objective facts and evidence for/against Islam. That's where all religions and other scams break into pieces.
     Reply #24 - March 20, 2011, 10:11 PM

I went through the same thing. Even when I realised it was complete bullshit. I still wanted to believe. I even went onto an Islamic forum and tried to get them to make me believe, lol.

L0L, how did that go? What did you ask and what did they say? Still got the URL?
     Reply #25 - March 21, 2011, 01:01 AM

I here you l2pk. I no longer feel bad. I'm just sad that my family will never be able to understand. Worried about the double life I'll have to lead.
     Reply #26 - March 21, 2011, 10:11 AM

A-lie, you can't make everyone happy mate. Life is short, best to make yourself happy. If you don't want to lead a double life, you can tell your parents and if they don't accept you, their loss?
     Reply #27 - March 21, 2011, 01:01 PM

Easier said than done, welcome A-Lie parrot don't feel too bad, you're not alone in your thinking. Also quite a few of us here are rational thinkers who discuss these issues and how Islam has an impact on the world today. Look forward to seeing you actively discuss these issues with us. If you need a second opinion on anything let us know.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #28 - March 21, 2011, 04:28 PM

Thanks Sakura, will do  far away hug
     Reply #29 - March 21, 2011, 04:47 PM

Hey, welcome A-lie!

Have a parrot  parrot

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...