Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: ex-moslem from indonesia

(Read 5717 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • ex-moslem from indonesia
     OP - March 24, 2011, 03:26 PM

Hey, guys.. I'm so glad i found this forum.. This is really really great.. I feel so lonely these days.. Nobody is like me here, lol.. My friends are either moslems or christians.. ugh.. so sad..

Anyway.. I was born moslems. I've been agnostics since 3 years ago..
    I left Islam because I'm just tired with the reasoning, excusing, apologizing of all the things that's bad in islam..
    I was a really devout moslem, and I'm sure that many ex-moslems here were like that too.. So, it just kinda show that, you don't leave Islam because you don't know Islam, but because you know the truth about Islam..

I watched the youtube channel from CEMBAdmins.. and boy, the videos really answered a lot of stuff that I still had reservations about.....  I LOVE IT.. keep it coming, please... I have a lot of questions, lol...

Okay then..

Cheers from indonesia...  Smiley
  • Re: ex-moslem from indonesia
     Reply #1 - March 24, 2011, 03:40 PM

Welcome!  Imagine a parrot >here<

Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #2 - March 24, 2011, 04:03 PM

Welcome to the forum. victory

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #3 - March 24, 2011, 04:19 PM

Thanks.. Smiley I hope i stay long this time.. 

Anyway, this is a great forum.. I don't know why I only know this now..
    I've been around to that Ali Sina forum (the Indonesian version of it), but so many of them are full of hatred..
    Many Christians who bashed Islam.. So I know that's not quite right..

I think, Islam is a really2 "powerful" religion. It can make many people follow blindly, great people, smart people.. It amazes me..

So, that's the thing that I still have to struggle with.. Being surrounded with so many people who are Moslems and yet, when I explained them about my "beliefs", they completely discarded it.. They just said : "I'm a really good Moslem, and I'm not gonna believe what you say.." or
    "I love Islam, Muhammad, Allah wholeheartedly, and I will not listen to anything that is against them" WTF....... I'm just confused.. What baffles me more is that they are great people.. Nice people, smart people... It does make me feel like I'm such a loser for being "different"..

Anyway, any suggestion how to deal with them.. ? It's just weird how they are so proud  in posting their faith in facebook, etc.. Or they think they did a good thing by posting a word of God, a word of goodness..
    But when I do the same to them, they hate me and they close their eyes...

Seems like hypocrisy goes hand in hand in Islam..
     Reply #4 - March 24, 2011, 05:41 PM

Hey welcome Yahya!

Have a parrot:  parrot

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #5 - March 24, 2011, 05:52 PM

Welcome yahya Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #6 - March 24, 2011, 07:05 PM

Welcome to the forum.  Smiley

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #7 - March 25, 2011, 12:53 PM

Hey, welcome. I wouldn't recommend that you talk about your apostasy in public in Indonesia Wink.
     Reply #8 - March 25, 2011, 01:53 PM

Welcome Smiley
     Reply #9 - March 26, 2011, 08:24 AM

Welcome yahya.  parrot
     Reply #10 - March 26, 2011, 10:20 AM

Hello Yahya Smiley

I've learnt a welcoming custom here, so here you go, a parrot for you  parrot

All ideologies are idiotic, whether religious or political, for it is conceptual thinking, the conceptual word, which has so unfortunately divided man.
    - J Krishnamurti
     Reply #11 - March 26, 2011, 11:09 AM

I'm so glad i found this forum... I feel so lonely these days..
     I've been agnostics since 3 years ago..

I'm a pissed-off Utopian agnostic from a tolerant British Christian background, so while I'm not in your difficult position, I can sympathise with your feeling of loneliness.

There's a heaviness in the air that suppresses freedom of speech and kills dreams. Most people dull themselves to it. But if we don't fight for our dreams we'll lose them, as the splendidly furious Billy knows all too well.
     Reply #12 - March 26, 2011, 11:20 AM

Thanks.. Smiley
    I think, Islam is a really2 "powerful" religion. It can make many people follow blindly, great people, smart people.. It amazes me..

So, that's the thing that I still have to struggle with.. Being surrounded with so many people who are Moslems and yet, when I explained them about my "beliefs", they completely discarded it.. They just said : "I'm a really good Moslem, and I'm not gonna believe what you say.." or
    "I love Islam, Muhammad, Allah wholeheartedly, and I will not listen to anything that is against them" WTF....... I'm just confused.. What baffles me more is that they are great people.. Nice people, smart people... It does make me feel like I'm such a loser for being "different"..

Anyway, any suggestion how to deal with them.. ?

Hi Yahya, welcome to the forum

You’ll probably get a wide range of opinions on this forum on how to deal with these people. I can only tell you about my experiences:  when I was a bit younger, I wanted everyone around me (and especially those I cared about) to see the light, just as I had. Although I did make headway with some people, I think I eventually realised that I was losing more friends than I was making by trying to convince people to see the world the way I saw it. Islam has such a strong hold on people, you need to be careful if you ever choose to wrestle with that hold.

Maybe you can hint at your doubts so that people know who to turn to should the need arise. Then wait until people start questioning their own faith before going all out to let them know what you know. Let them make their own journey’s – perhaps one or two of them will find their way to you (and to us).

And like L2PK said, be careful.

Hi
     Reply #13 - March 26, 2011, 11:54 AM

Hey, guys.. I'm so glad i found this forum.. This is really really great.. I feel so lonely these days.. Nobody is like me here, lol.. My friends are either moslems or christians.. ugh.. so sad..

Anyway.. I was born moslems. I've been agnostics since 3 years ago..
    I left Islam because I'm just tired with the reasoning, excusing, apologizing of all the things that's bad in islam..
    I was a really devout moslem, and I'm sure that many ex-moslems here were like that too.. So, it just kinda show that, you don't leave Islam because you don't know Islam, but because you know the truth about Islam..

I watched the youtube channel from CEMBAdmins.. and boy, the videos really answered a lot of stuff that I still had reservations about.....  I LOVE IT.. keep it coming, please... I have a lot of questions, lol...

Okay then..

it is very sad that you became misled just after watching some youtube videos,you must not have had strong faith,but anyway if you have some questions about islam or some doubts the shaitan put in your heart then tell me,inshallah may be i can help you recover
     Reply #14 - March 26, 2011, 06:40 PM

Thanks everyone for welcoming me.. It's a really great forum.. I love it here.. But i'll probably just gonna read more than write.. My mind is usually jumbled up and plus the language barrier..

Anyway, alsaeedm ..
    No, I didn't become mislead because of the youtube videos.. I've been questioning for so long, but I only dared to follow that doubts after several of confusing reality.. I used to be closed with "God", imagining Him judging me on everything that I did.. But it's all just my imagination..

I did some tests to see whether this God I imagined is true or not, kinda like what Ibrahim did when he asked for god to show.. But in the end, logics prevail. Things that happened to me at that time can be explained with cause-and-effect.. superstitions don't make sense anymore.. you should try "testing" this god..  Smiley And don't be scared doing that.. If He's a real God, He wouldn't be offended right..? Think that you are Ibrahim for a moment.. lol..

PS : I love your thread, alsaeedm.. It's so funny..

Reply #15 - March 26, 2011, 06:55 PM

There's a heaviness in the air that suppresses freedom of speech and kills dreams. Most people dull themselves to it. But if we don't fight for our dreams we'll lose them, as the splendidly furious Billy knows all too well.

Yeah, I like the idea of fighting for our dreams.. it's so boring, living a life accepting everything...

Although I did make headway with some people, I think I eventually realised that I was losing more friends than I was making by trying to convince people to see the world the way I saw it. Islam has such a strong hold on people, you need to be careful if you ever choose to wrestle with that hold.

Maybe you can hint at your doubts so that people know who to turn to should the need arise. Then wait until people start questioning their own faith before going all out to let them know what you know. Let them make their own journey’s – perhaps one or two of them will find their way to you (and to us).

And like L2PK said, be careful.

Thanks.. It's not a crime here to be an apostate. It's just that, my parents probably will get a heart attack if they knew I'm like this.. So I only tell my friends and yeah, most of them ended up hating me.. I pushed too hard, I think.. But I'm glad I gained new friends here.. it's soo refreshing.. Smiley
     Reply #16 - March 26, 2011, 07:28 PM

Welcome Yahya123.
    For you , two .. parrot parrot  Yeah, i still follow some trends.

"Tomorrow is the today you were worried about yesterday" Unknown
     Reply #17 - March 27, 2011, 06:37 PM

Thanks everyone for welcoming me.. It's a really great forum.. I love it here.. But i'll probably just gonna read more than write.. My mind is usually jumbled up and plus the language barrier..

Anyway, alsaeedm ..
    No, I didn't become mislead because of the youtube videos.. I've been questioning for so long, but I only dared to follow that doubts after several of confusing reality.. I used to be closed with "God", imagining Him judging me on everything that I did.. But it's all just my imagination..

I did some tests to see whether this God I imagined is true or not, kinda like what Ibrahim did when he asked for god to show.. But in the end, logics prevail. Things that happened to me at that time can be explained with cause-and-effect.. superstitions don't make sense anymore.. you should try "testing" this god..  Smiley And don't be scared doing that.. If He's a real God, He wouldn't be offended right..? Think that you are Ibrahim for a moment.. lol..

PS : I love your thread, alsaeedm.. It's so funny..

this is blasphemy,how can you think allah will respond to your test,yes he responded to hazrat ibrahim but he was a prophet,and after holy prophet pbuh there are not going to be any more prophets till qayamat.just because allah doesnt talk to you in person doesnt mean he doesnt exist,thats so childish to think that
    which religion do you believe in now?
     Reply #18 - March 27, 2011, 10:35 PM

Wow alsaeedm, you should try thinking for yourself. The matter of God is really personal and it's really2 big. It can determine whether you're going to hell or not. Or whether you're going to live a happy life or not.

If you just learn from one source, how do you know that you haven't been fooled. How do you know that maybe Jesus is God, and you're going to hell because you don't accept that? Or maybe there is no God and you're wasting your time here on earth for something meaningless like praying 5 times a day ?

You should test this God because, you need to know for real, in personal level, and not just know it from someone, some ustadz, some books.

I don't have religion right now. As I said, I'm agnostic. But that's not relevant to what I've said.
     Reply #19 - March 27, 2011, 11:24 PM

Yahya please ignore Alsaeedm he's just a troll.

Welcome to the forum Smiley

Just know that you are not alone. Many of us are either going through the same situation or have done so in the past.

Reply #20 - March 27, 2011, 11:33 PM

welcome  Smiley
     Reply #21 - March 28, 2011, 02:45 PM

Wow alsaeedm, you should try thinking for yourself. The matter of God is really personal and it's really2 big. It can determine whether you're going to hell or not. Or whether you're going to live a happy life or not.

If you just learn from one source, how do you know that you haven't been fooled. How do you know that maybe Jesus is God, and you're going to hell because you don't accept that? Or maybe there is no God and you're wasting your time here on earth for something meaningless like praying 5 times a day ?

You should test this God because, you need to know for real, in personal level, and not just know it from someone, some ustadz, some books.

I don't have religion right now. As I said, I'm agnostic. But that's not relevant to what I've said.

of course jesus is not god,everyone know bible is corrupted,not like quran which is unchanged,and also christians think there are 3 parts of god?Cheesy is ridiculous.and if there is no god where you think the world comes from?
    like i said god only talks in person to prophet but if you want test just read quran and have faith,make dua and you will feel in your body the presence and that is the test result
     Reply #22 - March 28, 2011, 02:46 PM

Yahya please ignore Alsaeedm he's just a troll.

Welcome to the forum Smiley

Just know that you are not alone. Many of us are either going through the same situation or have done so in the past.

i think everyone should ignore you because you will drag them all to hellfire with you
     Reply #23 - March 28, 2011, 05:06 PM

of course jesus is not god,everyone know bible is corrupted,not like quran which is unchanged,and also christians think there are 3 parts of god?Cheesy is ridiculous.and if there is no god where you think the world comes from?
    like i said god only talks in person to prophet but if you want test just read quran and have faith,make dua and you will feel in your body the presence and that is the test result

I did those things. I read Quran, I read Hadist, I had faith, made dua, and I did feel the presence of something. But it's not something special that deserved to be called God. It's an ordinary feeling when you're imagining this so-called the "greatness" of God. You feel great too. But is it really a God or just my imagination?
    Because look at those Christians who feel the same way like I did. They feel "God" too. And yet, we thought they are wrong.

All of those things you've said came from Islam. And you're only 15. You need to learn more. Learn something else. Learn evolution, that's a good start. But don't learn it from Harun Yahya, lol.

Anyway, i'm gonna stop responding for a while.. I'm a little busy with work..

Good luck with your journey finding the truth..  Smiley
     Reply #24 - March 28, 2011, 11:31 PM

signwelcome ask any questions you may have here if you like

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #25 - March 31, 2011, 03:33 AM

I did those things. I read Quran, I read Hadist, I had faith, made dua, and I did feel the presence of something. But it's not something special that deserved to be called God. It's an ordinary feeling when you're imagining this so-called the "greatness" of God. You feel great too. But is it really a God or just my imagination?
    Because look at those Christians who feel the same way like I did. They feel "God" too. And yet, we thought they are wrong.

All of those things you've said came from Islam. And you're only 15. You need to learn more. Learn something else. Learn evolution, that's a good start. But don't learn it from Harun Yahya, lol.

Anyway, i'm gonna stop responding for a while.. I'm a little busy with work..

Good luck with your journey finding the truth..  Smiley

ok brother,good look to you as well,but remember that every queston about islam has actually answers,you just have to look,if you have any particular doubt you can ask me and inshallah i can try to clear them for you,good luck with your work
     Reply #26 - March 31, 2011, 03:58 AM

Welcome Yaya!  You have come to the right place Smiley

here's a welcome bunny for ya!   bunny

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #27 - March 31, 2011, 10:03 AM

signwelcome
    I have a lot of questions, lol...

Okay then..

ask away!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »