Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: new to the crew

(Read 4469 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • new to the crew
     OP - March 18, 2011, 05:09 AM

I am so happy to see a website like this!
    I left islam about six months ago, had been leaning in that direction for about a year

I converted to Islam 10 plus years ago, after many years of reading about it, pondering it, etc. For many, many years, I basically picked the things about Islam that I liked, and ignored the parts that I did not like,or could not understand, same thing, the imams and teachers would say even if you dont understand something, you must accept it. dont ask why, dont question it. just believe. eventually i just stopped going to masjids and would simply seek out interpretations that i felt more comfortable with etc. it took me a long time to finish a translation of the quran,i started realizing, the more i learn and read and listen, the more i am not believing this, or any religion period. i finally had the courage to admit this to my peers,stopped wearing hijab,etc. it was a bit weird not praying,and asking allah for this or that, or thanking allah for this or that,etc etc. i no longer believe in God, I do think there is a an amazing life force, an infinite energy that is basically called science and nature, i do not believe that this "force" or what have you can hear my "prayers" or guide me, forgive me, or direct me. all of this is up to me, i have to answer to myself, forgive myself, and guide and direct myself.  I  feel so much more whole and at ease, not walking around in fear of allah,etc. thats it for now.

• Re: new to the crew
     Reply #1 - March 18, 2011, 05:21 AM

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay
     Reply #2 - March 18, 2011, 05:22 AM

Welcome. 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #3 - March 18, 2011, 07:23 AM

Welcome zeerah Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #4 - March 18, 2011, 08:00 AM

welcome
     Reply #5 - March 18, 2011, 08:32 AM

Welcome, so tell us more about how & why you converted? Have you told any of the 'brothers' and sisters about your apostasy, and how've they responded?

i no longer believe in God, I do think there is a an amazing life force, an infinite energy that is basically called science and nature, i do not believe that this "force" or what have you can hear my "prayers" or guide me, forgive me, or direct me. all of this is up to me, i have to answer to myself, forgive myself, and guide and direct myself.

Spot on
     Reply #6 - March 18, 2011, 08:52 AM

I am so happy to see a website like this!
    I left islam about six months ago, had been leaning in that direction for about a year

Hi zeerah, yours is a fascinating case of a conversion,  i  am glad you found and joined CEMB,  There is something to learn from people like you  and your experiences in Islam ,  your life before Islam, In Islam and after Islam  as    you spent quite a bit  of your time in Islam.

I converted to Islam 10 plus years ago, after many years of reading about it, pondering it, etc. For many, many years, I basically picked the things about Islam that I liked, and ignored the parts that I did not like,or could not understand........

So you simply read some Islamic books  and picked up what you thought was good for  you??   In other words you spent 10 years in Islam and before that also you spent many years reading Islam. To do that,  there must be some strong reason  as it appears you have loving family who are NOT Muslims. They always supported you and didn't  care what religion you join or what you do in your life.

So question to you

1), How old were you when you moved in to Islam?
    2),  Did your friends or anyone influence you to read the books?
    3). What books did you read?
    4).  What didn't you understand in the books that you need to go to an Imam or Islamic teacher?  were you reading them in a language that you were not familiar/thorough in it??
    same thing, the imams and teachers would say even if you don't understand something, you must accept it. dont ask why, dont question it. just believe. eventually i just stopped going to masjids and would simply seek out interpretations that i felt more comfortable with etc. it took me a long time to finish a translation of the quran,i started realizing, the more i learn and read and listen, the more i am not believing this, or any religion period. i finally had the courage to admit this to my peers,stopped wearing hijab,etc.

There must some reason or some one behind your actions , I mean to move from Islamic books to imams and teachers., When you were already convinced Islam is the best religion for you from books why to go some Imam or Mullahs??  
    it was a bit weird not praying,and asking allah for this or that, or thanking allah for this or that,etc etc. i no longer believe in God, I do think there is a an amazing life force, an infinite energy that is basically called science and nature, i do not believe that this "force" or what have you can hear my "prayers" or guide me, forgive me, or direct me. all of this is up to me, i have to answer to myself, forgive myself, and guide and direct myself.  I  feel so much more whole and at ease, not walking around in fear of allah,etc. thats it for now.

Beautiful words,  but I wonder why you didn't realize that before you joined Islam? what was  your religion or your parent's religion and Did you not read  other religious books   apart reading books that support Islam??
    .......So when I came to Islam, my family supported me, they did not agree, but they loved me just the same. When I left Islam, I had some pressure and bad vibes from the muslim community in which I lived, but that is NOTHING in comparison to what others who leave Islam have to face or deal with. .....

Indeed that is true, Those who are born in Islam  live in the lands where 90% of them are Muslim, the problems and pressure from  family and  the society is  immense. It is just impossible to question Islam forget leaving it. Often it is a life and death situation.  That is exactly the reason why many keep quite and live double life,   one on internet and other in real world.

Any ways., I am glad you joined CEMB..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #7 - March 18, 2011, 09:10 AM

signwelcome Tell us how you discovered this site..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #8 - March 18, 2011, 09:30 AM

Welcome to the forum!

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #9 - March 18, 2011, 09:34 AM

Welcome  Smiley
     Reply #10 - March 18, 2011, 10:20 AM

A very interesting story, I look forward to reading more about it.

Welcome to the forum!

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #11 - March 18, 2011, 12:01 PM

Welcome to the forum zeerah

Have a parrot:  parrot

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #12 - March 18, 2011, 05:53 PM

thank you for reading and asking me profound questions!
    yezevee:
    family background was father was agnostic, mother kind of spiritual but not at all religious, i did not grow up with a religion at all. i wonder if that is part of the reason i wanted to experience a tradition that had answers and rituals,i had always admimred the salat of muslims, the idea that anyone can become a muslim,the idea that god was not a man, those were the things that attracted me to it in the beginning. i converted at the age of 31, i am now 42, caucasion american woman. once i officially converted, i started going to classes at a masjid in Philadelphia, the people were very nice and welcoming, i felt like i was part of something beautiful. i loved meeting so many people from different countries,the multiculral aspect of the masjid, India, Africa,Pakistan,Bangladesh,lebanon etc, i was like wow, this is so cool,we all come from different countries and walks of life a share and pray together. this masjid stressed the importance of making salat correctly, pronouncing the salat correctly, etc. i went to many classes,learned the attributes of allah,the miracles, the hadith and the history, the "basics". for a time, i did believe the things i learned.they did not advise that one reads and interprets the quran themselves, they said, go to the classes and let the imam teach and explain it to you. and eventually learn arabic. i did not understand many things like, why can a man marry a non muslim, but a woman can not, why are womens testimonies half that of a mans, many things, and i would rationalize the answers i got, that women are "more emotional" and irrational than men, even though we are equal. i started to believe these things. anyway, as time went on, years went by, i just stopped focusing on the negative aspects(negative to me) of islam, i would do the usual justifications of "out of context,that was pertaining to a certain time" etc etc. I eventually got to a point where my doubts out weighed my beliefs, i got really honest with myself, and officially left it. i lost a really close friend do to this, the people i run into on occasion from the masjijd, who i admitted it to, would have that sad, worried look, chalk it up to shaitan getting to me, basically feel sorry for me and angered at me. luckily, i can avoid alot of those people.  sorry to be so long winded, i thank you for making me think.
     Reply #13 - March 18, 2011, 06:01 PM

"Those who are born in Islam  live in the lands where 90% of them are Muslim, the problems and pressure from  family and  the society is  immense. It is just impossible to question Islam forget leaving it. Often it is a life and death situation.  That is exactly the reason why many keep quite and live double life,   one on internet and other in real world."

oh absolutely, my heart goes out to those people, which i suspect are many, to risk losing family, being killed,etc. etc. i totally can understand the people who can not outwardly leave islam, i can not know what that is like, but i can understand, and all my heart and respect goes out to them!!!!!

Reply #14 - March 18, 2011, 06:11 PM

thank you for reading and asking me profound questions!
    yezevee:
     .........  sorry to be so long winded, i thank you for making me think.

No..no.. no that is not a Gram phone winded response.,  There is a lot in your response that one has  think carefully zeerah.,

i lost a really close friend do to this

How can you loose a close friend just because you wanted to find answer to the doubts you have in a new religion that you joined ?? Such person can not be a friend.  Friendship should be nothing to do with religion, race, color. Basically what you are saying to me is,  you are a outgoing person and friendly to every one whom you think is a good person.

Just curious, was your close friend  already a Muslim before you guys became friends??  

No ..no get over., She/He can not be Close friend of you..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #15 - March 18, 2011, 06:17 PM

..all my heart and respect goes out to them!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZdNixWLySw

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=14976.msg409843#msg409843

Reply #16 - March 18, 2011, 06:31 PM

yeezevee, she actually became muslim after me, she got really fundamental and literal with it! No, i don't mourn the loss of her, because you are right, that is not a real friend anyway. She takes the "don't take the non-believers as friends" shiz to heart I guess. it actually feels good to weed out the people who are WACK in my opinion. ha ha.
     Reply #17 - March 18, 2011, 06:43 PM

Welcome to our humble abode, zeerah. far away hug

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #18 - March 18, 2011, 08:50 PM

hi and welcome. Your story could be mine even though I was 'in' for only 4 years! I guess many western converts share the same basics... One question for you, were you ever married to a muslim guy?
     Reply #19 - March 18, 2011, 09:35 PM

re: Petals,

yes, i did marry a muslim guy five years ago, i still am married,but thankfully, he is a pretty much non-practicing "cultural" muslim, from west africa, at first, i used to wish he was more into the religion, now im so thankful he is not, he watched me drift away from islam, and recently he said him self that the quran is "bullshit" he is coming along, im not sure if he will deem himself no longer a muslim due to his family,etc. but he does not care that i am no longer muslim,he pretty much just cares about someones heart and humanity. if it were to be an issue, the marriage would not last.

what about you, what is your story and experience? where are you from?
     Reply #20 - March 18, 2011, 09:38 PM

wow! what amazing and strong beautiful women!!!
     Reply #21 - March 18, 2011, 10:12 PM

Greetings

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #22 - March 18, 2011, 11:53 PM

Welcome!

I get a warm fuzzy feeling every time I hear a person left a religion to embrace the wonders of reason and science. So,,,I guess...thank you for being reasonable and giving me that warm fuzzy feeling today.

And since you already got a parrot, here's a bunny: bunny
     Reply #23 - March 19, 2011, 04:46 AM

Big hug

I'm open for debate (of why we should re-/embrace Islam), but I will no longer participate in this forum. Message me if you need anything. Good luck and may you all find your way... again...
     Reply #24 - March 19, 2011, 04:20 PM

thnkyu
     Reply #25 - March 19, 2011, 04:21 PM

dance far away hug Cheesy
     Reply #26 - March 19, 2011, 04:22 PM

[IsLame is great ]

Reply #27 - March 19, 2011, 04:43 PM

Huh?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #28 - March 20, 2011, 05:25 AM

Welcome, zeerah!

I am also an ex-convert and identify with a lot from your cool intro. We have Jinn and Tonic and Conway Twitty on the forum who have had similar experiences with the "perfect religion". And I've heard there are others too.

Your hubby sounds like a cool person, get him in here. You're very open with you kufr, have you considered keeping your apostasy secret so you guys don't get into trouble?

"That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger" (The Koran 69:40)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »