Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Research Help

(Read 2230 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Research Help
     OP - March 10, 2011, 05:51 PM

Hi

This may be a long shot but I thought I'd give it a go. Following in the footsteps of another Journalism student who posted on here, I'm currently studying an MA in Television Journalism and looking at the issue of female extremism. I was wondering if any of the females on here had previously been part of any groups who may have advocated extremism or witnessed any kind of radicalisation. It may be that such incidents made your mind up about leaving Islam.

I'm happy to answer any questions regarding the project. Thanks in advance.

Pinar
  • Re: Research Help
     Reply #1 - March 10, 2011, 06:42 PM

I think it would be much better if you introduce yourself and tell us about your background and your intentions, before anyone here gets comfortable talking to you.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #2 - March 10, 2011, 08:32 PM

Yup it's a forum formality to give an introduction of yourself first. Many of the members here are not comfortable disclosing their identities and some topics are still kinda touchy. As a journalist you need to be sensitive to who you're talking to and how you request for information, before you jump right in asking questions (even if it's over the internet). Explain your project in detail.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #3 - March 11, 2011, 02:04 PM

Well said Muddy and Sakura. I agree.

I'm open for debate (of why we should re-/embrace Islam), but I will no longer participate in this forum. Message me if you need anything. Good luck and may you all find your way... again...
     Reply #4 - March 11, 2011, 04:34 PM

female extremism

Why doesn't your channel/magazine/website write about a real issue rather than make paranoid/fear mongering/sensationalist news about stuff that's not really an issue?
     Reply #5 - March 11, 2011, 05:10 PM

Apologies if I caused any offence, that wasn't my intention at all.

As I said in my earlier post, I'm a Journalism student from City University London. I'm female and identifying as from a Muslim background myself, although not really "practicing" as such, although I don't particularly like to use that term. I don't belong to a magazine or newspaper at all, I'm looking into this with a group of two other students as a documentary project. Following the conviction of Roshanara Choudhry last year, research suggests that women in the west may be at greater risk of being radicalised - and this radicalisation process may be in danger of escaping under the radar.  I don't see the subject as scaremongering, more as an area of research that has not been fully explored yet. The project is still in research stage and we're just looking for females that may have been part of certain Islamic groups or organisations and felt uncomfortable with their agenda or have actually been part of violent groups or even non-violent extremism previously.

Ideally this would be with a view to appear in the documentary (if it gets that far into production), which can even be done anonymously. Or if anyone felt uncomfortable with that, we could try and work around it - we're just really looking to hear experiences at this stage.

Hope that's somewhat clearer. I can fully understand your apprehension, which is why I am happy to answer any questions either on here or through messages.

Thanks.
     Reply #6 - March 11, 2011, 05:17 PM

I don't belong to a magazine or newspaper at all, I'm looking into this with a group of two other students as a documentary project. Following the conviction of Roshanara Choudhry last year, research suggests that women in the west may be at greater risk of being radicalised - and this radicalisation process may be in danger of escaping under the radar.  I don't see the subject as scaremongering, more as an area of research that has not been fully explored yet.

Oh ok, sorry, my bad Smiley. Ignore what I said, I was presuming that you were from Fox or something, lol Tongue
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »