Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Selam

(Read 5539 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Selam
     OP - February 22, 2011, 08:20 AM

Hi everyone! I have been lurking here for a long time and now I'm joining my hell mates Smiley I'm 40 years old male originally from Ethiopa (habesha) from where Muslims exploited their slave girls.
    I grew up in a traditional muslim (sufi) family and never experienced any major inconveniences of Islam some of you guys here talk about, this is may be due to the fact that Ethiopa is dominated by the Orthodox Christians.
    I went to Europe when I was 19, still a good muslim, and one day I was given a koran (alhamdulila Smiley) written in one of Europe's language, I tried to read our glorious book and I couldn't believe what was in it, but I thought it was a wrong translation of kaffirs and stopped reading further. Years later, however, I managed to get another copy of Koran -this time in English- and found out it's my beloved Koran which is full of nonsense not the Kaffirs.
    The sura about slave girls was a main turn off for me.
    I'm now a proud atheist. Mashalla!!

• Re: Selam
     Reply #1 - February 22, 2011, 08:27 AM

Welcome Abd Smiley

I always tell people the best way to turn people off of Islam (and Christianity) is to have them read their holy books, Quran, Hadiths (and Old and New Testaments) from cover to cover in a language they understand. Works wonders 99% of the time Afro

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #2 - February 22, 2011, 08:47 AM

Thanks allat, that's what I tell everyone who tries to convert me back to Islam. After all the Koran itself says iqra... Afro
     Reply #3 - February 22, 2011, 02:31 PM

Hey Welcome to the kafir heaven. Have a parrot!  parrot

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #4 - February 22, 2011, 02:39 PM

Hey Abd, welcome to our own lil haven, hope you enjoy checking out all the forums and discussions, hope to see you on the chat too. Not a lot of people take advantage of the chat but i think everybody should, as it is a safe and easy way of getting to know like minded people  Smiley

parrot
     Reply #5 - February 22, 2011, 07:05 PM

welcome brother!

have you been able to reveal your apostasy to your loved ones ?

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #6 - February 22, 2011, 08:27 PM

Thank you all for the parrot Smiley
    have you been able to reveal your apostasy to your loved ones ?

My wife isn't a religous and doesn't care about me being an atheist. I have tried to tell the rest of my family about my apostasy but they think I'm just an ignorant fool Smiley as long as I don't convert to Christianity, they don't seem to have any frame of reference why a person should stop believing in Allah, and it's fine with me.
     Reply #7 - February 22, 2011, 08:46 PM

Welcome Abd. Smiley

"And lo, verily hath they spoken, not one of this tribe, upon whom these entreaties were beseeched for the Lord, could giveth a shit."

Read my blog here: http://dimunituvediva.wordpress.com/
     Reply #8 - February 22, 2011, 09:37 PM

Thanks conwaytwitty!
    You have an interesting blog about racism in Islam, it reminds me the disappointment of those Ethiopian muslim girls who travel to the Middle East in search of job opportunities and suffer a grate deal in the hands of Muslim brothers and sisters.  Offcourse there is racism in Islam.
     Reply #9 - February 22, 2011, 10:04 PM

Welcome to the forum, Abd. victory

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #10 - February 23, 2011, 05:32 AM

Welcome! Do you think it was an accident that your journey to enlightenment began at 19?
    I know nothing about Sufis. What do they do?
    Вы говорите по русский?

"That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger" (The Koran 69:40)
     Reply #11 - February 23, 2011, 09:46 AM

Do you think it was an accident that your journey to enlightenment began at 19?

I just had an opportunity to study abroad which helped me see things through a different perspective. By the time when I first read the Koran I had already a different mindset regarding human rights, gender equality etc ...
    I know nothing about Sufis. What do they do?

It varies from culture to culture group to group, in parts of Ethiopa where I come from it is a mystical form of sunni islam mixed with local traditions. They are known for their distinct belief in local saints, menzuma (dhkir), coffee ceremonies and chewing khat (mild drug) as a ritual.  Many sharia laws are ignored in favor of local traditions, however the rise of salafism in recent years seems to has its effect :(

a sufi muslim greeting a woman Smiley
    Вы говорите по русский?

нет! Я говорю Венгерский. Wink

Reply #12 - February 23, 2011, 09:50 AM

signwelcome  tell us about your journey in getting to this site popcorn

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #13 - February 23, 2011, 10:30 AM

signwelcome  tell us about your journey in getting to this site

Thanks!  I come across this site throgh youtube, you guys have an amazing videos out there, good job!
     Reply #14 - February 23, 2011, 12:53 PM

Welcome Smiley sufiism in my view is the only form of Islam that is tolerable. It's less rigid and more about reflection and spirituality. But none the less it's still a religion and I'm an atheist now haha.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »