Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello!

(Read 6107 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello!
     OP - February 16, 2011, 03:45 PM

Hello ex-muslims. You can call me Zooby for now. As a new forum member I look forward to interacting and getting to know you guys. I've been lurking for a while and it feels good to know I'm not alone and there are people in similar situations to myself.

I'm currently 18 will be 19 very soon. Living in the UK, I was bought up in a Pakistani household. My religious belief peaked at around 14/15 years old, I'd be trying to pray five times a day, reading lots of qur'an, looking at talks from famous religious speakers, E.g - Zakir Naik, and all that typical Muslim stuff  Tongue. However after this period I admittedly got lazy, though I'd still defend Islam as the true faith instinctively. It was only till I decided to debate with an atheist that he managed to convey the point that I should try understand other peoples beliefs instead of asserting mine as the one true belief. Thus my mind was opened I decided to learn about things outside of my own comfort zone and eventually I fell in love with rational reasoning and science. I studied mathematics and loved the elegance of the equations, everything fitted together perfect and simply to convey complex meaning, then I wondered why islam wasn't so elegant, why islam couldn't explain the world as elegantly as a physics equation. I started to think it as a primitive faith. At first I felt empty but I soon came to terms with it. Now I'm just wondering when (If ever) To tell my family about this. It feels suffocating to be in a house where religion plays such a big part in everything. My older brother being a mean religious freak doesn't help either Roll Eyes It's so frustrating I want their (my family) minds to open as mine did but I just don't have the balls to say anything! I know I will have to one day though. Buut to take my mind off of all that I will kill some time on the forum and try to enjoy my still somewhat new found sense of freedom.

Thanks for reading all!  : D
  • Re: Hello!
     Reply #1 - February 16, 2011, 03:47 PM

Welcome to the forum Smiley

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #2 - February 16, 2011, 03:52 PM

Welcome!

My advice is to maintain the status quo. Don't tell your parents anything, at least not until you are financially independent and living in your own place.  Then do whatever you like Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #3 - February 16, 2011, 03:56 PM

I'm currently 18 will be 19 very soon.  ...

Damn these 19 year olds are becoming too smart t their age., at this rate in 10 or so years where internet will reach every 19 year old, I fear for Mullah Islam and I afraid there will be no 19 year olds in Mosques.. Well that is life..

welcome to cemb zooby.. tell your brother to join here and convert some in to the deen by his Islamic intellectual discussions..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - February 16, 2011, 03:59 PM

Hey welcome to the forum Zooby.. Consider us your new family.

And here is a parrot for you:  parrot

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #5 - February 16, 2011, 04:09 PM

WELCOME! Zooby bhai!

tell your brother to join here and convert some in to the deen by his Islamic intellectual discussions..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

rofl rofl

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #6 - February 16, 2011, 04:11 PM

Thanks all for the lovely welcome! Yay I got me a parrot  parrot

Welcome!

My advice is to maintain the status quo. Don't tell your parents anything, at least not until you are financially independent and living in your own place.  Then do whatever you like Smiley

Good advice I was thinking this. Just waiting till I get out of uni and land me a job Smiley I gotta say the fact that I don't believe in islam anymore has had a positive effect on my education since I want to financially self sufficient ASAP!
     Reply #7 - February 16, 2011, 04:16 PM

What are you studying at Uni?

Reply #8 - February 16, 2011, 04:24 PM

Currently studying Computer Science. I enjoy working with Maths and Technology Smiley
     Reply #9 - February 16, 2011, 04:41 PM

Greetings,

I will be your guide during your stay at the Godless Island. We've chosen the best vacation resort, but careful now, there are a quite a sex offenders one of whom is called Zooby. A dangerous guy.
     Reply #10 - February 16, 2011, 05:20 PM

Currently studying Computer Science. I enjoy working with Maths and Technology Smiley

signwelcome bet you're another INTJ then.  Anyhow how did you find this forum?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #11 - February 16, 2011, 05:37 PM

Googled INTJ, yeah that seems to describe a lot of my personality haha. As to how I found this forum. Well I was just curious too see if there were any forums for ex-muslims as I see my bro go on forums for Muslims and what not. I'm guessing there's quiet a few "INTJ"s on the forum then?
     Reply #12 - February 16, 2011, 05:47 PM

Hello ex-muslims. You can call me Zooby for now. As a new forum member I look forward to interacting and getting to know you guys. I've been lurking for a while and it feels good to know I'm not alone and there are people in similar situations to myself.

I'm currently 18 will be 19 very soon. Living in the UK, I was bought up in a Pakistani household. My religious belief peaked at around 14/15 years old, I'd be trying to pray five times a day, reading lots of qur'an, looking at talks from famous religious speakers, E.g - Zakir Naik, and all that typical Muslim stuff  Tongue. However after this period I admittedly got lazy, though I'd still defend Islam as the true faith instinctively. It was only till I decided to debate with an atheist that he managed to convey the point that I should try understand other peoples beliefs instead of asserting mine as the one true belief. Thus my mind was opened I decided to learn about things outside of my own comfort zone and eventually I fell in love with rational reasoning and science. At first I felt empty but I soon came to terms with it. Now I'm just wondering when (If ever) To tell my family about this. It feels suffocating to be in a house where religion plays such a big part in everything. My older brother being a mean religious freak doesn't help either Roll Eyes It's so frustrating I want their (my family) minds to open as mine did but I just don't have the balls to say anything! I know I will have to one day though. Buut to take my mind off of all that I will kill some time on the forum and try to enjoy my still somewhat new found sense of freedom.

Thanks for reading all!  : D

Welcome, Zooby Smiley
     Reply #13 - February 16, 2011, 06:02 PM

Googled INTJ, yeah that seems to describe a lot of my personality haha. As to how I found this forum. Well I was just curious too see if there were any forums for ex-muslims as I see my bro go on forums for Muslims and what not. I'm guessing there's quiet a few "INTJ"s on the forum then?

You can take the test, and see who else from this forum shares your personality type here

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=7252.700

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #14 - February 16, 2011, 06:39 PM

"Your Type is
    INTJ" surprise surprise
     Reply #15 - February 16, 2011, 06:43 PM

Welcome Zooby. Wink

"And lo, verily hath they spoken, not one of this tribe, upon whom these entreaties were beseeched for the Lord, could giveth a shit."

Read my blog here: http://dimunituvediva.wordpress.com/
     Reply #16 - February 16, 2011, 06:57 PM

hey your story is similar to mine! i mean this part "I'm currently 18 will be 19 very soon. Living in the UK, I was bought up in a Pakistani household." and the fact that i got in to a discussion with my atheist tutor who actually got me thinking in an impartial and objective way, and i started to realise how true he was and how wrong i had been all along. When i realised i was free from religious boundaries i almost felt like i had been "saved" if you get what i mean, anyway off point ...

Welcome! that feels good to be saying it rather than being on the receiving end  grin12

signwelcome
     Reply #17 - February 16, 2011, 06:59 PM

Yay soon you can join the 19 club. We're taking over.  dance

Reply #18 - February 16, 2011, 07:07 PM

yes we are ! woop woop   grin12 dance

No pics
     Reply #19 - February 16, 2011, 07:07 PM

Welcome and good luck in your efforts to become financially independent, zooby. I would advise you to stay close to your irreligious friends as a way to vent and feel more comfortable with (which you probably do and my advice seems really pointless). Also, do try to stay away from family discussions if they are not very open to different views and if they seem really bigoted.

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
     Reply #20 - February 16, 2011, 07:14 PM

hey your story is similar to mine! i mean this part "I'm currently 18 will be 19 very soon. Living in the UK, I was bought up in a Pakistani household." and the fact that i got in to a discussion with my atheist tutor who actually got me thinking in an impartial and objective way, and i started to realise how true he was and how wrong i had been all along. When i realised i was free from religious boundaries i almost felt like i had been "saved" if you get what i mean, anyway off point ...

Welcome! that feels good to be saying it rather than being on the receiving end  grin12

signwelcome

That's interesting, I know exactly what you mean!

Haha new 19 club member coming in mid march bunny woo!
     Reply #21 - February 16, 2011, 07:18 PM

I'm going to leave the 19 club in April :(

Reply #22 - February 16, 2011, 07:29 PM

@ Zooby

hey if you want check my intro out, although it is long and tedious ..  wacko
     Reply #23 - February 16, 2011, 07:38 PM

WELCOME :d  parrot banana dance

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #24 - February 16, 2011, 08:13 PM

Welcome!  I'm genuinely glad when a new ex-muslim member joins. dance

Reply #25 - February 16, 2011, 08:51 PM

Welcome to the forum, Zooby.  victory

Gosh! We've had a lot of new members joining in the last week! dance

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #26 - February 16, 2011, 09:54 PM

It's an invasion. I'm keeping my eyes peeled tonight. O_O
     Reply #27 - February 16, 2011, 09:59 PM

It's apostatizin' season.
     Reply #28 - February 16, 2011, 10:32 PM

yippee aye yeah, snare your nearest boar and roast it

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee