Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello

(Read 3308 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello
     OP - February 16, 2011, 04:06 AM

Hello,

My name is Omar im 28 yrs old been atheist for about 8-9 years now I live in Canada and my family is from India. Im new to the site and am actually very happy I found this place. Its very hard to find people like myself and even harder to deal with ultra religious friends and family sometimes I feel so alone and overwhelmed :( Although I have convinced one of my cousins to join me on the "dark side" I grew up in a ultra religious household and have a strong grasp of Islamic teachings. But I always had a desire for knowledge and the truth and I questioned everything and after a certain point things didnt make sense anymore. I could not justify islamic beliefs which were contrary to my own beliefs anymore. I could not reconcile the acceptance of slavery, violence, marrying children, marrying cousins, inconsistencies with the idea of heaven and hell, the hypocracy within the religious community, the power and control people fight for, and so many other reasons.
    I hope to talk with many like minded people but also to challenge each other, because I found that the other side loved intellectual circle jerks where all they would do is agree with each other and make themselves feel more validated. I love to be critical and like people to challenge me to help me improve my belief and understanding.

I look forward to talking to you and maybe making some friends as well. Smiley
    Thats all for now Smiley
  • Re: Hello
     Reply #1 - February 16, 2011, 04:54 AM

Welcome, superomario Smiley
     Reply #2 - February 16, 2011, 06:15 AM

Welcome ! Yes  it's very nice to be able to talk to someone without having to bang your head against a wall because of his pigheadedness. Of course a lot can be learnt from each other if we don't let our biases come in the way.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #3 - February 16, 2011, 06:34 AM

Welcome to the forums!

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #4 - February 16, 2011, 08:05 AM

Welcome to the forum  parrot

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #5 - February 16, 2011, 08:42 AM

Hey, welcome to the forum.  Where in Canada do you live?

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #6 - February 16, 2011, 09:22 AM

signwelcome  tell us how you eventually found this site, and if you have told any other family members about your apostacy
    Hey, welcome to the forum.  Where in Canada do you live?

My money is on Toronto.  

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #7 - February 16, 2011, 10:45 AM

parrot Welcome have a Parrot  parrot

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #8 - February 16, 2011, 03:15 PM

Welcome!  dance
     Reply #9 - February 16, 2011, 03:34 PM

Thank you everyone and I am from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I found this site from a youtube video that directed me to ex-muslim.co.uk which directed me to these forums. Ive been searching for a while for a site like this Im very interested and curious to see others viewpoints and what lead them away from their faith. And yes some of my family members know I no longer believe others know that I no longer pray and others know the full extent of my fall from grace haha I dont pretend to be something im not but i do tread carefully with certain people.
     Reply #10 - February 16, 2011, 03:36 PM

signwelcome  tell us how you eventually found this site, and if you have told any other family members about your apostacyMy money is on Toronto.  

You lost! Give me the $100

and many others...
     Reply #11 - February 16, 2011, 04:12 PM

You mean there are states in Canada aside from Toronto & Vancouver  Huh?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #12 - February 16, 2011, 04:49 PM

Welcome to the forum, bro. victory

Your story is fairly similar to mine, except that you've been an apostate many more years than me.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #13 - February 16, 2011, 05:42 PM

You mean there are states in Canada aside from Toronto & Vancouver  Huh?

Dude, Canada is second largest country in the world (After Russia)

and many others...
     Reply #14 - February 16, 2011, 09:26 PM

You don't here anything much out of Canada. ^_^;; Canada is like that country everyone tends to forget about. I think Canada is nice though.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #15 - February 17, 2011, 04:57 AM

I also forgot to mention I work as a social worker and do counseling Smiley it was initially my empathy that made me question the concept of heaven and hell and the concept of good and bad people. Im also interested in knowing how many of you actually have made your beliefs public or semi public? How did you go about it and what did you experience?
     Reply #16 - February 17, 2011, 05:09 AM

My beliefs are now public amongst family and friends.  I started by openly questioning it in my teens, and naturally kept them in the loop as my thoughts progressed.  By the time I was finished, they were not happy, but they were bored of the topic. 

However I was stuck at the "If heaven exists, then Allah will send me there if I am a good person - the rest is just details" stage for ages but it worked and saved me from having to perform all the rituals & avoid having the murtad stamp on my forehead.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #17 - February 17, 2011, 08:51 AM

I also forgot to mention I work as a social worker and do counseling Smiley it was initially my empathy that made me question the concept of heaven and hell and the concept of good and bad people. Im also interested in knowing how many of you actually have made your beliefs public or semi public? How did you go about it and what did you experience?

Feel free to add uniqueness to your avatar. Smiley

and many others...
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »