Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: What amusement have I made of my life?

(Read 9927 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • What amusement have I made of my life?
     OP - February 16, 2011, 12:10 AM

I never thought I was this strong, I seem to be doing so well, no one so far has an idea of what I’m going through, no on could guess how difficult it is living a life of pretentious lies nothing but a facade. It’s always easy to say ‘just be yourself’ but have you ever considered that it’s not always easy to figure who you really are? I guess you can never really judge how resilient your heart can be until it has to step down on to the battlefield, and you figure your closest kin is your strongest enemy.

My family are of course my weakness and I will always strive to keep them as happy as it is possible from me. But sometimes what parents want is always for the best – for the majority in question, not always whats best for you. What people find difficult to comprehend is that life isn’t always deterministic, you do not have to be who your parents are or what they want you to be, neither does it have to mean that the family / religion / views / values you are brought up with are the absolute truth.

To be able to progress further in life and to be able to understand life’s philosophy, one should be open to all interpretations of life, one should adopt a flexible approach and understanding of ones surroundings. We as humans are constantly evolving and changing, and where there are so many changes taking place it seems so trivial and immature to follow one deterministic view of living, not only does it seem implausible in theory but also in practice.

However, I am in no position to judge what people should and shouldn’t believe in, it is just so frustrating to see millions of people wasting their time and energy devoting to a supernatural being whose existence is based on chance. Somehow it seems to me religious people ultimately are bound to hypocrisy, after all aren’t they gambling their lives for a surreal afterlife?

I can not even imagine to deny that I used to think there was a snow white heaven, a red hot hell and a man in a beard up in the clouds. Even though in Islam it is forbidden to picture or imagine God / Allah as he is beyond human comprehension. But then again it is an innate ability of humans to imagine predict and think about the future and unseen ‘Truths’.

To be honest I do not recall when I started doubting the Truth I was lead to believe in. But when I started seeing religious teachings and values from a completely impartial and objective point of view I came to realise the variety of Truths that were out there all invented by humans.

From what I understand, religion is a comfort for humans, the ultimate fear of the unknown can lead the human mind to apprehensive anxious troubles and thoughts, and the hard fact of life is that we humans like to believe that we know everything there is to know. We cannot allow there to be doubts with the complex intelligent human mind. So we go out with a verificationistic approach, that allows us to ‘verify’ our doubts into reality.

Therefore, the alternative approach to life is science where there is no absolute truth and everything is judged on falsificationism. It is true until proven false. So this thence raises questions upon religions who believe they hold the ultimate and absolute truth yet they do not prefer to be judged. What many evolutionists believe is that if a religion really does have the ‘ultimate’ truth then it should not falter to come under questions and observations.

I’m afraid of what the future holds for me. I know a time is going to come where I just won’t be able to hold back. When my life will be forced to be pushed to it’s utmost limit, and I won’t manage to control my views from surfacing. I am so very afraid of that moment, and afraid that every single minute is inching towards that inevitable event. I guess only ‘god knows’ when the reality will be uncovered.

thnkyu
  • Re: What amusement have I made of my life?
     Reply #1 - February 16, 2011, 12:14 AM

Welcome Emkay, nice to have you around!  Smiley

And before the others notice this thread, here's the traditional welcoming parrot:  parrot
     Reply #2 - February 16, 2011, 12:17 AM

Hello again. Nice intro, you write very well for your age. Smiley
     Reply #3 - February 16, 2011, 12:17 AM

Thanks Aurora ,

and Yay i got a parrot  dance

parrot
     Reply #4 - February 16, 2011, 12:18 AM

aww thank you, although i could have done better, definitely not my best piece of writing  grin12
     Reply #5 - February 16, 2011, 12:19 AM

Welcome to the forum Smiley

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #6 - February 16, 2011, 12:20 AM

signwelcome

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #7 - February 16, 2011, 12:20 AM

Thank you

and yes

GodIsDefinitelyNotGreat
     Afro
     Reply #8 - February 16, 2011, 12:21 AM

signwelcome

I am disappoint.
     Reply #9 - February 16, 2011, 12:23 AM

Welcome to the forum, Emkay. victory
     far away hug

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #10 - February 16, 2011, 12:30 AM

welcome !!!  far away hug

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
     Reply #11 - February 16, 2011, 12:30 AM

hi and welcome!!

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #12 - February 16, 2011, 12:51 AM

thank you everyone for such a warm welcome  Kiss
     Reply #13 - February 16, 2011, 01:43 AM

Welcome, and stay safe!
     Reply #14 - February 16, 2011, 03:05 AM

Your a strong and open minded girl . Welcome to the fourm and if your a fan of science like my self J and many others on the fourm dpmt forget to check the "science and reason" section. Enjoy your stay

The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars. [Carl Sagan]

Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home. [carl sagan]
     Reply #15 - February 16, 2011, 04:42 AM

Welcome Smiley gorgeous writing.  parrot

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #16 - February 16, 2011, 04:51 AM

signwelcome

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #17 - February 16, 2011, 09:46 AM

Welcome to the forum!

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #18 - February 16, 2011, 09:58 AM

Welcome, Emkay Smiley
     Reply #19 - February 16, 2011, 12:42 PM

welcome!

I think a lot of us were brought here by google. Verily google guides whom it wills!

Reply #20 - February 16, 2011, 04:43 PM

Greetings Emkay,

I've been waiting for you since we agreed to hook up on FindGayLovers.com

What happened?
     Reply #21 - February 16, 2011, 05:15 PM

Greetings Emkay,

I've been waiting for you since we agreed to hook up on FindGayLovers.com

What happened?

I doubt I am the Emkay you are searching for on FindGayLovers.com  Tongue

welcome!

thank you  grin12
     Reply #22 - February 16, 2011, 05:17 PM

Your a strong and open minded girl . Welcome to the fourm and if your a fan of science like my self J and many others on the fourm dpmt forget to check the "science and reason" section. Enjoy your stay

thank you and yes I am very much in to Science and reason - i cannot comprehend beyond those who undermine the essence of Science and reason!  wacko
     Reply #23 - February 16, 2011, 05:30 PM

@Emkay

I'm gutted. Really am. But since you look alike, can I have your number so I can whisper soft words in your ear? But I can't promise to ring you till my flame-haired wife hits the night shift.

Reply #24 - February 16, 2011, 05:41 PM

@Emkay

I'm gutted. Really am. But since you look alike, can I have your number so I can whisper soft words in your ear? But I can't promise to ring you till my flame-haired wife hits the night shift.

Nice line teach me your ways oh great saint ;_;.

The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars. [Carl Sagan]

Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home. [carl sagan]
     Reply #25 - February 16, 2011, 05:45 PM

@Shatterd

Please deposit your number and a nude photo in my PM and I will ring you if I like the cut of your jib. No scratch that, being a supremely modern guy I will ring you whether you are hideously ugly or not, male or female, thin or fat. I don't discriminate. I just wanna hold you.
     Reply #26 - February 16, 2011, 05:57 PM

@Shatterd

Please deposit your number and a nude photo in my PM and I will ring you if I like the cut of your jib. No scratch that, being a supremely modern guy I will ring you whether you are hideously ugly or not, male or female, thin or fat. I don't discriminate. I just wanna hold you.

oh such a poetic man you make me feel so speceail  Cry . I know this suden but will you marry me my love ;_;?

Reply #27 - February 16, 2011, 06:00 PM

I'm happy to head for the southeren border with you my sugarplum, but who will feed my spotty-faced little chits? Think about it 'cause I haven't. Meanwhile, I will book the hotel and you fetch the condoms.

Reply #28 - February 16, 2011, 06:07 PM

I'm happy to head for the southeren border with you my sugarplum, but who will feed my spotty-faced little chits? Think about it 'cause I haven't. Meanwhile, I will book the hotel and you fetch the condoms.

Who needs condoms in true love ;_;. Can we have a marriage cermony on CEMB first i want everyone to be there ;_:.

I demand a wedding thread now  finmad

Reply #29 - February 16, 2011, 06:18 PM

ermm where are you both from Mount A Bison and Shattered?  far away hug
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »