Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Depression

(Read 7218 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Depression
     OP - February 14, 2011, 10:42 PM

EDIT :
     negative vibes, post cut

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
  • Re: Depression
     Reply #1 - February 14, 2011, 11:14 PM

I've had several long periods of depressions, and at some points didn't even want to get out of my room and just wanted to kill myself. I thought I was bipolar, but really, depression and thoughts of suicide are not uncommon in the human experience. You'd be amazed how people relate to each other by sharing mental problems.

I think you're posting this here partially because you're seeking help but don't want to admit it. But it's okay, we all need help sometimes. That's one of the main reasons we're here: to get help and help each other out. The worst thing is to keep everything to yourself.
     Reply #2 - February 14, 2011, 11:19 PM

@mutha
    Just enjoy life, instead of "AArrghgh!11 What must I do!??"
    Just devote more time to regular things like work/study/friends/family (whichever possible)
    And it will go away gradually..

I shouldn't be here. Really. Shaytan SWT deluded ALL of us. Amen.
     Reply #3 - February 14, 2011, 11:21 PM

Yes I suffer from depression. I was suicidal before, and that's why my mom took me to a doctor. I took some medications, and it helped a little bit. I had a time when I was happy, but then things got bad again. Now, I don't feel suicidal but I lost hope in everything. I guess it's because I'm starting to think that God doesn't really exist.

I'm not doing anything useful in my life. I dropped out of college and I don't see a bright future for myself. I can't talk to anyone about being an ex-Muslim except in here, and this makes me uncomfortable around those who are supposedly my best friends.

Now, I don't know why I wrote that. I guess I've been wanting to talk about it and get it off my chest too. Yeah, you're not alone in this. I suggest you go see a doctor. It's going to help. At least it'll make you feel better than you do now.

Reply #4 - February 14, 2011, 11:29 PM

Here's a good thread from last year about depression: "How do you handle depression?"

Lots of good advice there.  And hugs to anyone feeling down. hugs

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #5 - February 14, 2011, 11:35 PM

I edited my first post as I felt it might be a bit too negative  a subject to start . Think it was a bit self-indulgent of me but its good to see that other people dont mind talking about their experiences of it.
    Im just on a downer I think,but I cant sleep and my head wont shut up so I came online to read up on it a bit then posted
    Sorry for being so gloomy

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
     Reply #6 - February 14, 2011, 11:37 PM

You can always talk to us. Nothing wrong with talking about yourself if you need to. We all do it.
     Reply #7 - February 14, 2011, 11:48 PM

Have sex.

Reply #8 - February 15, 2011, 09:48 AM

just to let you know , I ended up calling my sister and had a chat , helped loads. On here advice I went for a run this morning , first time in years and it really helped. Feeling a bit of a plonker now for posting my mental state on a forum,but for those of you who ever feel like that it really is true that excercise of some kind changes the brain chemicals.
    Thanks to those who were willing to share their thoughts. appreciated

Reply #9 - February 15, 2011, 11:03 AM

from personal experience i can tell that regular physical activity is a great way to improve your mood. i found it hard most of the time to get out of the house and go to the gym or do a few exercises at home but it felt really good afterwards. it improved my sleeping pattern as well as the ability to think and concentrate Smiley plus i had less time to feel miserable Smiley

hope you feel better soon!
     far away hug

I think a lot of us were brought here by google. Verily google guides whom it wills!

• Depression
     Reply #10 - July 21, 2016, 10:51 PM

http://philosophicalsociety.com/Archives/Philosophy%20And%20Depression.htm

An article a fellow Ex-Muslim shared with me I thought people would find it interesting.
  • Depression
     Reply #11 - July 21, 2016, 11:31 PM

http://philosophicalsociety.com/Archives/Philosophy%20And%20Depression.htm

An article a fellow Ex-Muslim shared with me I thought people would find it interesting.

Hsnake at that link  there is a great book reference of  Alan Watts.., his works on religion &  spirituality..and the difference between the two is helpful for those who are confused with ..heeeeeeee.. all gods .. goods.....one god whatever

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Depression
     Reply #12 - August 29, 2017, 12:48 PM

I found the book in my local library, and im reading it now.

Ive only just started, but im enjoying it so far. 

I feel like I need to find a way of managing the balance between my self identity and the identity that society places on me as a closet ex-muslim(albeit a cultural muslim)

A perfectly just God who sentences his imperfect creation to infinite punishment for finite sins is impossible
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »