Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: More on Keith Moore

(Read 6599 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • More on Keith Moore
     OP - February 03, 2011, 12:31 PM

I thought I'd just paste the emails directly...

from   The Rationalizer
    to   (Dr Moore's publisher)
    date   Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    subject   Dr Moore
    mailed-by   gmail.com
    hide details Jan 27 (7 days ago)
    Dear Sir/Madam

I expect this question is asked frequently so if you have a prewritten response I would appreciate reading it.

I own "The Developing Human" by Keith Moore.  In this book there is a section entitled "Historical Gleanings" in which he lists accurate/inaccurate beliefs about human embryology throughout history.  A Muslim friend recently sent me a video in which Dr Moore says two things

1: The Quran is accurate
    2: Muhammad could only have known what he did if divinely revealed to him

I can accept point 1 quite easily, especially when I look at the other historical information in his book, but I found point 2 somewhat of a surprise.  I would just like to know if Dr Moore still stands by *both* statements?

Thank you very much

Ed

from   (Dr Moore's publisher)
    to   The Rationalizer
    date   Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:34 PM
    subject   RE: Dr Moore
    hide details Jan 27 (7 days ago)
    Dear Ed

The video in question is quite old and the comments are taken somewhat out of context. Dr. Moore prefers to no longer comment on this subject.

from   The Rationalizer
    date   Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:13 AM
    subject   Re: Dr Moore
    mailed-by   gmail.com
    hide details 10:13 AM (2 hours ago)
    Thank you so much for your response, I appreciate it.

Just one last thing if I may?  It appears to be common knowledge amongst the Muslim communities I visit that Dr Moore did not become a Muslim, in light of your statement that his words were taken out of context this would make sense.  Could you confirm this please?

to   The Rationalizer
    date   Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    hide details 11:50 AM (38 minutes ago)
    No Dr. Moore is not a Muslim. However he is a very thoughtful and kind hearted man and feels that everyone should be free to believe in the religion of their choice without prejudice or condemnation.

from   The Rationalizer
    date   Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    mailed-by   gmail.com
    hide details 12:10 PM (19 minutes ago)
    Hi

I completely agree that people should be free to enter or leave religions of their choice at any point they wish and as often as they wish, I don't think I could agree more with him!

Dr Persaud was also at the same conference as Dr Moore.  As you are evidently his publisher too would you mind letting me know if Dr Persaud also feels his comments were taken out of context, and whether or not he became a Muslim?

Thank you so much for your time and patience, I appreciate your help greatly!

to   The Rationalizer
    date   Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    hide details 1:23 PM (21 minutes ago)
    Honestly it was some time ago and before I knew either gentlemen. I don't think that Dr Persaud was at the session where this was discussed as I have never heard his name in connection with this discussion.

from   The Rationalizer
    date   Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    mailed-by   gmail.com
    hide details 1:39 PM (7 minutes ago)
    Hi

Yes, it is very peculiar that people concentrate on what Dr Moore said at this event much more than what Dr Persaud said. Why Dr Moore was singled out I am not certain.  Dr Persaud was at the same conference and also made statements about embryology in relation to the Quran which are still available in various places on the Internet and are being used in the same way as Dr Moore's statements were.

So far Dr Moore and one other scientist from this conference have responded to my enquiries stating that their statements have been taken out of context and that they did not become Muslims.

Would you be so kind as to ask Dr Persaud on my behalf as I do not have his email address?

Thanks very much, and best regards

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
  • Re: More on Keith Moore
     Reply #1 - February 03, 2011, 12:33 PM

I'm hoping to get an official statement regarding Persaud's position too, that would be a nice bonus.  Not sure how far I am going to get with Dr Moore's publisher, quite pleased that I have managed to get a follow up response though.  We'll see.

Reply #2 - February 03, 2011, 01:02 PM

Good job  Afro

I posted it on my facebook.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #3 - February 03, 2011, 01:08 PM

Good job!

"No Dr. Moore is not a Muslim. However he is a very thoughtful and kind hearted man and feels that everyone should be free to believe in the religion of their choice without prejudice or condemnation."

Sure. But saying that everybody is entitled to believe in any old crap they wish to is quite different from saying that Quran is accurate and that Muhammad could only have known what he did if divinely revealed to him.

Why are they avoiding the question?
     Reply #4 - February 03, 2011, 01:15 PM

Sure. But saying that everybody is entitled to believe in any old crap they wish to is quite different from saying that Quran is accurate and that Muhammad could only have known what he did if divinely revealed to him.

Why are they avoiding the question?

I have a my $u$picion$ why he said something he clearly did not believe.  It's funny how the first time I ever saw that video at a point where I was starting to realise the Quran didn't have miracles in it and thinking "I hear what he is saying, but he really doesn't seem to mean it."

If you watch the whole video most of what he says is "There is no reason why doctors shouldn't use Quranic terms to explain issues to their Muslim patients" - but there is undoubtedly the clear statement that

1: This information was not previously known - even though in his book published the same year he mentions how this information was previously known.

2: This information was clearly from divine revelation - even though he did not become a Muslim.

The fact that he has a special "with Islamic additions" version of his book smells a lot like an exercise in making money.

Reply #5 - February 03, 2011, 01:19 PM

They are avoiding this question in the fear of muslim outrage ordering his killing, or massive lawsuit by the saudi's who paid him.

and many others...
     Reply #6 - February 03, 2011, 01:24 PM

They are avoiding this question in the fear of muslim outrage ordering his killing, or massive lawsuit by the saudi's who paid him.

I believe you are correct.  The event with the numerous scientists commenting on the Quran was possibly orchestrated by an English educated man who later became the minister of religion - that is the vague recollection of the scientist involved whom I am still waiting to get back to me with an interview date :S

Reply #7 - February 03, 2011, 01:32 PM

The fact that he has a special "with Islamic additions" version of his book smells a lot like an exercise in making money.

The question is does Dr. Moore wants to be taken as a serious scientist or as a simple sell-out who will back anything as long as personal material gains are to be made.

Does he realise that his position is taken as proof positive of Quranic 'scientific miracles'?
     Reply #8 - February 03, 2011, 01:34 PM

well let me add this link for all sintific miracles of quran..
    http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html

The Myth of Scientific Miracles in The Quran:  A Logical Analysis
    http://www.mukto-mona.com/Articles/mumin_salih/myth_scientific_quran.htm

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #9 - February 03, 2011, 01:38 PM

The question is does Dr. Moore wants to be taken as a serious scientist or as a simple sell-out who will back anything as long as personal material gains are to be made.

Does he realise that his position is taken as proof positive of Quranic 'scientific miracles'?

I don't see anything wrong with personal material gain. And remember, it was done in 1984 when the world was really simple, no internet, not much of a hype of blasphemy law etc, and he might not have any idea how many billions of muslims would start thinking of him as his lord.

and many others...
     Reply #10 - February 03, 2011, 01:47 PM

2 new emails just added.

Reply #11 - February 03, 2011, 01:51 PM

I don't see anything wrong with personal material gain.

I do. If he wants to be taken seriously that is.

Don't you realize that anything he says is tarnished by this? One never knows - is his position result of scientific enquiry or his love for money.
     Reply #12 - February 03, 2011, 01:55 PM

To clarify - I don't have a problem with him being wrong on something. What I do have a problem with is when somebody in position of Dr. Moore is unwilling to set things straight and trying to obfuscate the whole thing as a non issue.
     Reply #13 - February 03, 2011, 02:03 PM

I do. If he wants to be taken seriously that is.

Don't you realize that anything he says is tarnished by this? One never knows - is his position result of scientific enquiry or his love for money.

He has been taken seriously by billions of muslims. Isn't it enough?

and many others...
     Reply #14 - February 03, 2011, 02:05 PM

He has been taken seriously by billions of mulims. Isn't it enough?

Cheesy

Good one.
     Reply #15 - February 03, 2011, 04:28 PM

I wouldnt worry about it - Dr Moore was an obscure scientist who no-one had ever heard off.  If it hadnt been him, it would have been somebody else

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - February 25, 2011, 09:34 PM

I have just started to read my book "The developing human with Ialmic additions"

I found the acknowledgements very interesting.  Especially person number 6 in the list of people who "gave their full support"

6: Sheik Osamah bin Ladin

And Moore didn't do it for the money you say?

Reply #17 - February 25, 2011, 09:42 PM

Wow.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #18 - February 25, 2011, 11:56 PM

I have just started to read my book "The developing human with Ialmic additions"

I found the acknowledgements very interesting.  Especially person number 6 in the list of people who "gave their full support"

And Moore didn't do it for the money you say?

Please please please make a video showing the book and that acknowledgement.
    Linked with the emails, philhellenes piece on Maurice Bucaille (from the iron miracle video) and the article from the wall street journal by daniel golden this is ultimate, irrefutable proof of the whole money grabbing campaign.
    I also saw a video on youtube of someone showing from Moore's book The Developing Human 5th edition (which one do you have again?) how the part on Islamic additions was moved to a short paragraph under "historic knowledge" or something among other old knowledge of embryology.

<dust>: i love tea!!!
    <dust>: milky tea
    <three>: soooo gentle for my neck (from the inside)
    <dust>: mm
    <three>: it's definitely not called neck
    <dust>: lol
    <three>: what's the word i'm looking for
    <dust>: throat
     Reply #19 - February 26, 2011, 12:06 AM

What?

Any possibility whatsoever that it's not the same one? Mind you, this was probably before his al-Qaeda days.
     Reply #20 - February 26, 2011, 08:27 AM

@Zebedee: The important fact is that bin Ladin is a multi-millionaire.

@three44: It is under "Historical gleanings" in the Islamic 3rd edition too.  I also have the non-Islamic 5th.  Do you have a link to the Wall Street Journal article?

Reply #21 - February 26, 2011, 01:05 PM

Here's the article

http://hss.fullerton.edu/comparative/islam.htm#Western%20Scholars%20Play

Wasn't sure about the 'moving the info', but the fact that it's under historical gleanings in the 3rd edition speaks for itself on how important and remarkable Moore deemed the Quranic embryology

<dust>: i love tea!!!
    <dust>: milky tea
    <three>: soooo gentle for my neck (from the inside)
    <dust>: mm
    <three>: it's definitely not called neck
    <dust>: lol
    <three>: what's the word i'm looking for
    <dust>: throat
     Reply #22 - February 26, 2011, 05:52 PM

I've been looking through the book, it is so blatantly dishonest.  Moore says something says X occurs at 6 days, and then later in the book says it happens at 7-8 days.  There's lots of stuff like that, and I am only on page 8 so far.

Fucking farce!

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »