Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Emergency Call! The Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain (CEMB) needs your support!

(Read 28723 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Emergency Call! The Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain (CEMB) needs your support!
     Reply #30 - January 23, 2011, 02:39 PM

Why do we need to pay for hosting costs? You can host php for free.

Hosting a production site with fwee-php-hostz.ru isn't a good idea, even if it's just a forum dedicated to your school mascot. Not unless you're happy to get intimately acquainted with downtime, lack of support and a limited toolset for implementing important features / fixing things yourself. Free hosting should only be used as a cheap dev environment or for pet projects on a shoestring.

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
  • Re: Emergency Call! The Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain (CEMB) needs your support!
     Reply #31 - January 23, 2011, 02:53 PM

gosh i wanna trash away some of  the oil money we'vegot here, but how am i supposed to do that?? Like, I can't go to father and tell him: hey yuba, i need ur Visa to drop off some money to help a bunch of kuffars trying their best to decode the Koran Code grin12
    ughm, i know this might seem silly, but, ughm, can i send cash Smiley ?

<AliIsAli>: in ur sharia law, am i to be killed???
    <ghutlu>: Yes sure sure u should 4 firstly Being Ex muslim
     <ghutlu>:  for leaving ISLAM
     <AliIsAli>: would u kill me if u saw me?
     <ghutlu>: yes surely
     <AliIsAli>: :(
     <ghutlu>: by the way gay is just a mental problem
     Reply #32 - January 23, 2011, 04:41 PM

Hosting a production site with fwee-php-hostz.ru isn't a good idea, even if it's just a forum dedicated to your school mascot. Not unless you're happy to get intimately acquainted with downtime, lack of support and a limited toolset for implementing important features / fixing things yourself. Free hosting should only be used as a cheap dev environment or for pet projects on a shoestring.

Fair enoughs.
     Reply #33 - January 23, 2011, 06:43 PM

I've just searched National Secular Society and Amnesty International and can't find their balance sheets in their annual reports. I guess the issue is that people are more sceptical of less well known organisations.

To prospective donation givers on the fence:
    - do you think Marayam shows passion?
    - do you think people like Hassan show commitment?
    - do you feel there is any other organisation that cares for Muslims as much as it does about challenging the issues of Islam?
     Reply #34 - January 23, 2011, 06:49 PM

Right just donated the equivalent of 27p a day for a year. Now, I know all of you here drink some sort of soda. Why not give up that money and have water for a month? It will be better for your teeth and for CEMB with the extra few quid. See, it's not hard to give is it?  grin12 Smiley
     Reply #35 - January 23, 2011, 06:52 PM

Do you have some setup of how you can withdraw money from US account monthly (or through credit card)?
    If not, I think you can setup a paypal account for that matter.

Let us know once the paypal is set up and I can begin to donate.

Let us know once the paypal is set up and I can begin to donate.

Amen

You don't accept paypal donations, I had abit of extra cash laying around in my account

PAYPAL IS UP! Smiley
     Reply #36 - January 23, 2011, 07:04 PM

Btw, just for your info Hassan, the ability to set up a direct debit is not simple enough via the donation page. Please inform the webmaster of the main site to check this out when (s)he gets a chance to look at it.
     Reply #37 - January 23, 2011, 07:30 PM

Thanks HO  Afro  (but your link goes to the wrong page.)

Here is the PayPal link for CEMB (AT LAST!!!!)

http://ex-muslim.org.uk/indexDonate.html
     Reply #38 - January 23, 2011, 08:03 PM

Fixed - it went to the wrong page because the URL doesn't change which clicking on the donation page from the media page.
     Reply #39 - January 23, 2011, 09:10 PM

Good effort whoever among you sorted out the donations page and Paypal account (HO/Hassan). An excellent weekend's work Smiley
     Reply #40 - January 23, 2011, 09:49 PM

Also credit to you Chris for beginning kicking off this discussion about the state of our warchest, as well as kindly offering your services  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #41 - January 23, 2011, 09:53 PM

Also credit to you Chris for beginning kicking off this discussion about the state of our warchest, as well as kindly offering your services  Afro

+1 - Thanks Chris - we are really just a rag-bag bunch of individuals just trying to do what we can - not a big, well funded organisation - we don't have any big backers and are shunned by everyone!
     Reply #42 - January 23, 2011, 10:59 PM

Btw Chris - I didn't get up the paypal thing - just noticed it was available.

we don't have any big backers and are shunned by everyone!

We need a PR consultant! Isn't CEMB going to make it on the BBC's The One Show? FREE PUBLICITY THERE hope we don't miss that one. Come on, if Zakir Naik can infiltrate the BBC in promoting Islam (pre-UK ban) THEN SO CAN WE.
     Reply #43 - January 23, 2011, 11:44 PM

The email for the CEMB PayPal is:

exmuslimcouncil@gmail.com
     Reply #44 - January 23, 2011, 11:45 PM

Btw Chris - I didn't get up the paypal thing - just noticed it was available.

But you helped to get it done.
     Reply #45 - January 23, 2011, 11:47 PM

STANDING ORDER MANDATE

COUNCIL OF EX-MUSLIMS OF BRITAIN (CEMB)

To the Manager
    Name of Bank:
    Address               

City & Postcode

Please pay:

Natwest Bank
    City of London Office
    1 Princes Street, EC2R 8PA

For the credit of:

CEMB
    Sort Code: 60-00-01
    Account Number: 39330117

Reference: CEMB_YOURNAME

The sum of : (in words) ________________________________Pounds (£               )

On the______________ (day), _______________ (month), _______________ (year) 

And thereafter every month until further notice and debit my account accordingly.

Name of account-holder to be debited:
    Account Number:                        
    Sort Code:

Signed: _____________________________ Date:___________________________

Your Address
    Tel Number:
    Email address:

When completed please submit this form directly to your own bank.

You can call 07719166731 or email exmuslimcouncil@gmail.com if you have any queries.

Thank you for your support!
     Reply #46 - January 23, 2011, 11:51 PM

Afro
    I'm including a link to the CEMB donation page in my sig.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #47 - January 24, 2011, 09:28 AM

Right just donated the equivalent of 27p a day for a year.

Awesome!! Nice one HO Smiley Also, for anyone who's not seen the other thread (http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=14146.0)...

I'm running for the British Humanist Association soon and any sponsorsip I get from CEMBers I'll match and donate back to the CEMB (up to £100) - you double your money, the BHA gets money, the CEMB gets money, everyone does a happy dance!!! It's a no brainer! Thanks to Hassan and Pariah for already getting involved Smiley

http://www.everyclick.com/run4bha

DO IT DO IT DO IT NOW!!!
     Reply #48 - January 24, 2011, 04:40 PM

this was actually feautured on richard dawkins website glad he cares

http://richarddawkins.net/articles/582682-the-council-of-ex-muslims-of-britain-cemb-desperately-needs-support

Hopefully when I get money I'll donate not for the sake of Allah this time x

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
     Reply #49 - January 24, 2011, 08:18 PM

STANDING ORDER MANDATE

COUNCIL OF EX-MUSLIMS OF BRITAIN (CEMB)

To the Manager
    Name of Bank:
    Address               

City & Postcode

Please pay:

Natwest Bank
    City of London Office
    1 Princes Street, EC2R 8PA

For the credit of:

CEMB
    Sort Code: 60-00-01
    Account Number: 39330117

Reference: CEMB_YOURNAME

The sum of : (in words) ________________________________Pounds (£               )

On the______________ (day), _______________ (month), _______________ (year) 

And thereafter every month until further notice and debit my account accordingly.

Name of account-holder to be debited:
    Account Number:                        
    Sort Code:

Signed: _____________________________ Date:___________________________

Your Address
    Tel Number:
    Email address:

When completed please submit this form directly to your own bank.

You can call 07719166731 or email exmuslimcouncil@gmail.com if you have any queries.

Thank you for your support!

Awesome! Could the details be put on the donation page?
     Reply #50 - January 24, 2011, 08:36 PM

Awesome!! Nice one HO Smiley Also, for anyone who's not seen the other thread (http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=14146.0)...

I'm running for the British Humanist Association soon and any sponsorsip I get from CEMBers I'll match and donate back to the CEMB (up to £100) - you double your money, the BHA gets money, the CEMB gets money, everyone does a happy dance!!! It's a no brainer! Thanks to Hassan and Pariah for already getting involved Smiley

http://www.everyclick.com/run4bha

DO IT DO IT DO IT NOW!!!

Alright, well since I've paid CEMB, can you pay yourself an extra £100 on my behalf retrospectively?  grin12
    Just kidding - I'm not that cheap (well .. ahem ... ) ... I'll wait until next payday.  Smiley
    Good luck with your training. Do stretch your ITB's, they shortened up and got me injured before a marathon last year :(
     Reply #51 - January 24, 2011, 08:40 PM

this was actually feautured on richard dawkins website glad he cares

http://richarddawkins.net/articles/582682-the-council-of-ex-muslims-of-britain-cemb-desperately-needs-support

Hopefully when I get money I'll donate not for the sake of Allah this time x

Good man

Afro
    I'm including a link to the CEMB donation page in my sig.

Good idea
     Reply #52 - January 24, 2011, 10:00 PM

Hi , is there a way to donate to CEMB without it showing up as that on bank statements?

We are in favor of tolerance, but it is a very difficult thing to tolerate the intolerant and impossible to tolerate the intolerable.

-George Dennison Prentice
     Reply #53 - January 24, 2011, 10:13 PM

If you create a Business account on Paypal you can donate anonymously.

Reply #54 - January 24, 2011, 10:16 PM

Oh right. How does it show anonymously on a business account but not a personal one? Sorry if this is a stupid question .

We are in favor of tolerance, but it is a very difficult thing to tolerate the intolerant and impossible to tolerate the intolerable.

Reply #55 - January 24, 2011, 10:17 PM

Hassan, sorry to bother you again but we need an anonymous form of donating for the exMuslims who want to help but not risk getting caught.

Doesn't PayPal take time to verify?
     Reply #56 - January 24, 2011, 10:18 PM

Hi , is there a way to donate to CEMB without it showing up as that on bank statements?

Not sure, but if you want to avoid CEMB coming up, then sending a cheque to sponsor Chris would avoid that as he's doing a marathon and he's kindly offering to double it too even though he's only been with us a short while Afro.  

Otherwise perhaps by sending Hass or Chris a personal cheque/cash, I dunno ??

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #57 - January 24, 2011, 10:22 PM

Man machine,  can you not switch to paperless statements?
     Reply #58 - January 24, 2011, 10:24 PM

Not sure, but if you want to avoid CEMB coming up, then sending a cheque to sponsor Chris would avoid that as he's doing a marathon and he's kindly offering to double it too even though he's only been with us a short while Afro.  

Otherwise perhaps by sending Hass or Chris a personal cheque/cash, I dunno ??

Please delete me from the above, mate. I do not want anyone sending me cheques.
     Reply #59 - January 24, 2011, 10:31 PM

I'm self employed and require paper statements that are  archiveable. I'm not sure a self printed statement has the same legal status as those provided by your bank. I'm a bit wary about donating to the BHA too for similar family reasons.
    PS Hassan if you're reading this, inbox me so I can work out a way of doing this

• Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »