Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Awkward questions to ask "moderate" Christians

(Read 45200 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Awkward questions to ask "moderate" Christians
     Reply #30 - October 24, 2011, 02:41 PM

Sucks to be The Absolute One yet not be fully in charge?

Sounds like faulty goods to me. Is there a warranty period?
     Reply #31 - October 24, 2011, 08:13 PM

Do you believe that God is omnibenevolent? If so how is that consistent with Deutronomy 28:15-68?

(if anyone here has never read the sadism and pure psychopathy of those verses, I guarantee you'll be shaking your head and saying WTF!? as you read it)

Reply #32 - October 24, 2011, 08:22 PM

No somethings just happen. God does not micromanage creation.

Deist?

You can't believe that God is omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnipotent and yet chooses to let people suffer things like rape, child molestation and murder.

You can't believe that God is omnibenevolent and omniscient, because how can God choose to create Satan knowing fully what would occur? That isn't consistent with omnibenevolence. 

Reply #33 - October 27, 2011, 03:18 PM

Discrimination,

What's your view on homosexuality and gay marriage? Do you think it should be illegal?
     Reply #34 - March 01, 2012, 10:07 PM

Why did I lost my fear of the dark after I finished to believing in divinity? Happened in High School at the first glow of my adulthood. Cry

:/
     Reply #35 - March 03, 2012, 07:05 PM

WHY... would a perfect gawd do this, allow this, create such
    horrendous IMPERFECTION in creatures that are SUPPOSED
    to be in his image?  Dont say god didnt do it.  Cuz if he IS real, then
    according to the word the following are deemed as curses for sins
    committed by their parents. right?  RIGHT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odUrHuIRD2s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTJj6hDMkIg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnyWCQ4khYQ&feature=related

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #36 - March 04, 2012, 02:31 PM

Stop stealing my thread with off topic

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #37 - March 04, 2012, 03:18 PM

How is asking about how someone interprets the Bible off topic?  And is it not extremely awkward to suggest more than one Peter?

And what precisely is the sharia punishment for offtopicness, especially when it is isn't!  Btw, not sure lyanna is a moderate or even a xian!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #38 - March 22, 2012, 10:42 PM

All the discussions can be kept separate. This thread is only for collecting questions. Anyone trying to answer them is welcome to do so in new topics.

and many others...
     Reply #39 - April 18, 2012, 01:26 AM

My this conversation on facebook has lots of Awkward questions to Christians. I am trolling a christian troll who used to go to gay groups and spam Christianity messages.. I have underlined my punchlines that can be very useful whenever you get a chance to talk to Christians.

Quote from: A's status
    Good Morning ♥.¸¸.•´¯`♥ Be reminded, Jesus loves you ♥.¸¸.•´¯`♥ Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
     (Psalm 55:22)

Quote from: Müddÿ Åbbåš
    I am scared now! I am very very scared!

Quote from: D
    SCARED ? THEN LETS BE S CARE D TOO GET HER

A, can you please remind me of a case when Jesus healed an amputee?
     Actually tell us about the case of an amputee who lost his limbs in a war, and Jesus healed him from the powers of prayers.

Quote from: Jesus'Girl
    There were many healings - the bible tells us that if they wrote down everything that Jesus did - the whole world would not be able to contain its writing.

If Jesus can take a few fish and feed the multitude, and He's able to heal lepords, raise a man that has been dead for 4 days Jesus can and probably has healed an amputee.

You need to believe and have faith - scripture tell us nothing is impossible and too hard for God muddy.

Its important you believe in Jesus and work hard to go straight, the homosexual spirit is a bad demon- you will not be able to go to heaven in it and with it.

Muddy - God did not give his children the spirit of fear, but power, love and sound mind.
     Fear comes from the devil to keep us from experiencing the fullness of Gods love.

Blah blah.. show me the healed amputee or forever hold your peace. Writings of ancient mythical book doesn't convince me.

Quote from: A
    God can do anything - he does not have to show you anything Muddy - God do not need you- you need God.

You need to believe Jesus, accept Jesus as your Lord and savior - and go straight...stop being gay- if you die a homosexual d- you will never inherit Gods eternal kingdom

you are foolish to think that God can not give a person a new limb - he created the stars and the planets--and you you think he can not heal a amputee -

God do not show people proof - if you had faith - he would probably use you to heal an amputee - if God has to prove himself to you - then you have no faith. People who lack faith do not please God and if you are not pleasing God. Do not expect to recieve any favor or blessings

DO NOT USE PROFANITY - YOU NEED TO RESPECT THOSEE AROUND YOU THAT DO NOT CUSS - BESIDE PROFANITY ARE IMPURE SPIRITS MUDDY

Blah blah blah..

SATAN LIVES IN YOUR HEAART AND SOUL - his demons got you gay and his demons got you believing that God do not exist - if you continue to allow demons to rule your life - your life will be hard and they will drag you to hell muddy.

Jesus is God. Take a leap of faith and believe, repent and be blessed. God loves you.

Do not use god or other nonsense. Bullshit is real, your god isn't.

satan has you mudddy and if you allow him to continue to infect you with his lies - you will be forever without hope - its nonsense to you because you are headed for destruction- you need to seek God. God will show himself to anyone who honestly seek him

Satan doesn't exist. Cut the Crap.

Quote from: M
    Prove it.

Negative don't need proof. I demand proofs for claims of god and Satan's existence and I got none here. Aoly should really start providing them rather than announcing fake stuff as truth.

Nope, you made a universal positive claim that there isn't. Unless your omniscient, which you're not, then your premise fails miserably.

Quote from: Soma Das
    The only thing that is real is what you hold in your heart the one thing shared by all living beings. The mind is full with illusion!

Nope, I made a negative claim about god and Satan. Positive claim would be almighty Pink Zebra created the whole universe, and almighty Flying Spaghetti Monster is responsible for punishments and rewards. And then I would need to provide proof. Since I made none, burden of proof still lies on you for your claims about existence of god and Satan.

Muddy, YEP. You have nothing to hang your hat on.

And you have imaginary magic sky daddy to spread all the retardedness and bigotry in the world.

As you keep committing the fallacy of a universal negative. Keep up the good work.

Do not bring attention to someone committed to spreading fallacy . YOU ARE HELPING THERR CAUSE DUMMY

Thank you David. The fallacious religious non-sense should stop now!

bigotry comes from satan muddy - God loves all. God loves you and is protecting you by his grace from your demons - being gay is demonic spawn, being unbeliever is also demonic spawn. Yep God is compassionate and understands where you are coming from so he is patient with you - so discern, bigotry is from the spirit that possess you - not God. God loves and welcome anyone and everyone no matter what they have done wrong or what season of live they may be.

You need to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and follow him - shed your demons - the life of your soul is at stake Muddy.
    David was talking about you Muddy...

Quote from: S
    Aoly I thought God was all about forgiveness!

Aoly, there is only one side who is making fallacious arguments. And that side is yours.

I speak Gods truth - just because you are ignorant to the language of God - does not make it not true - spirit inspire all - God is goodness and positive and pure.

Your life is anything but good and pure brother... and that reflect the spirit that rules your hearts - but we are able to change out our spirit as we change out the oil in a car - you just need to change.

God is real.
     Jesus is real.
     Satan is real
     so are his demons.

Again, God do not need you - you need God. And if you come to him and seek him in truth - he will graciously give you his spirit so you can know his truth and experience his goodness and love.

‎S: God forgive only if we ask for forgiveness and work hard to repent. No repentance, no forgiveness. You need to be faithful to Jesus and his teachings brother.

You only speak retardedness. God doesn't exist. All this non-sense is in your head.

GOD does exist. who do you think created the universe and people?

My parents created me when they had sex.. Universe evolved over 13 billion years..

Quote from: L
    God created the universe and the first people - adam and eve...

Layla, who created God?

Quote from: C
    I don't know and I'm Layla, but: I hope the Caps win their series, I kind of feel bad for them, they've never won a Stanley Cup in their entire existence: thus far.

muddy God exist before anything else ever created - he's the beginning and the end.

Do you realize how stupid you sound with this assertion?

Quote from: Alive Through Faith
    Muddy, you believe in big bang theory? Could you explain infinity? Is that an Idea or relativity hoax?

Big bang theory explain a lot more than any religion could ever explain.
     As a matter of fact it explains 13 billion years history of universe backed by archeological evidence, compared to your mythology with 6000 years young earth creationism, even though we know dinosaur fossils are at the very least 65 million years old.

Quote from: Alive Through Faith
    Please tell me what caused this bang?Huh? And please refute me, what is infinity if thats your answer.

Science don't know how big bang happen or what happened before it. And it doesn't claim to know like religious morons like to claim that they know everything.

People just knows what da BIBLE says Muddy and all this crap you talking about our God is gona gech da day you die i feel sorry for you dude you need to ask God for forgiveness if you want to make it to heaven if not then keep on trucking and talk your mess your headed stright to H-E-L-L. ima holla acha when iam looking down on you remember God see's and hears everything we all say mark my word YOU need togo and R-E-P-E-N-T.

My Flying Spaghetti Monster is gonna get you all because you are following the wrong religion. The only true state of mind is to be Pastafarian, and you have to seek forgiveness from almighty Flying Spaghetti Monster.

You are Soooo crazy dude have a blessed evening or night copted out.

Crazy are you who believe god was sleeping for trillions of years, then suddenly got bored exactly 6000 years ago, created all the universe in 6 days, rested for 7th day. Few years later fitted over trillions of animals in an ark smaller than titanic full of food.. And about 2000 years ago impregnated a woman with himself, died for our sins..

And you have guts to call me crazy.

and many others...
     Reply #40 - November 19, 2012, 02:54 PM

I updated original post with a few questions!

and many others...
     Reply #41 - December 02, 2012, 11:41 AM

I like this verse from Judges 1:19   
    "19 The Lord was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had chariots fitted with iron."

I'd be curious to know why the Lord Himself was unable to succeed against a people who had iron chariots.    Oh,  I forget that Yahweh is a Bronze Age god,  and iron is stronger than bronze.  Still,  I'd like to hear what Christians think....
     Reply #42 - December 03, 2012, 08:32 AM

Perhaps this is naive or ignorant of me but I've always wondered how Christians discern which parts of the OT are still relevant and which parts were rendered null and void once Jesus saved everyone. Eg: homosexuality is never mentioned in the NT and only condemned in the OT but *most* Christians still label it "sin", whereas eating shellfish is prohibited in the OT but Christians are down with that. Is it completely arbitrary as I've always thought or is there a process behind it? Perhaps, something similar to Islam's abrogation doctrine?  
     Reply #43 - December 03, 2012, 09:07 AM

Perhaps this is naive or ignorant of me ..... OT, NT, QURAN,  Islam doctrines  abrogation ...............

well some Jewish and Christian guys(preachers) reading  zillion stories from   NT & OT to public  in 6 th and 7th century got upset.    And they had the right to get upset., What the hell  66 books?  39 in the Old Testament  and 27 in the New Testament. Who wants to read all that bullshit?  .. So these Jewish and Christian  smart  guys made one book out of all those books... That was original Quran., off course it is also bullshit but then some one added bat shit in to it and made it worse at later times in the name of allah with Muhammad character as figure head..

That is the  shortest REAL  story behind  these books Al-Alethia..    It is time abrogate all those silly books..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #44 - December 03, 2012, 10:27 AM

Meaning that god is not in charge.

But I thought that he is the alpha and the omega, that nothing happens without his approval?

Maybe God approves of birth defects and accidents.

Just a thought.
     Reply #45 - December 03, 2012, 12:34 PM

It is time abrogate all those silly books..

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #46 - December 03, 2012, 04:40 PM

Perhaps this is naive or ignorant of me but I've always wondered how Christians discern which parts of the OT are still relevant and which parts were rendered null and void once Jesus saved everyone. Eg: homosexuality is never mentioned in the NT and only condemned in the OT but *most* Christians still label it "sin", whereas eating shellfish is prohibited in the OT but Christians are down with that. Is it completely arbitrary as I've always thought or is there a process behind it? Perhaps, something similar to Islam's abrogation doctrine?  

homosexuality is mentioned in the NT but not by Jesus. Paul talks about it in the books after the 4 gospels.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #47 - December 03, 2012, 05:46 PM

Sorry, I meant Jesus never mentioned it but is the OT discarded completely or do Christians pick and choose or is there a specific mechanism or something? I should read up on Christianity.
     Reply #48 - December 03, 2012, 06:39 PM

Sorry, I meant Jesus never mentioned it ...........

who is Jesus? what he didn't mention? what did he write any way Al-Alethia ?

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #49 - December 03, 2012, 09:17 PM

Sorry, I meant Jesus never mentioned it but is the OT discarded completely or do Christians pick and choose or is there a specific mechanism or something? I should read up on Christianity.

Yes they do cherry pick.    Jesus explicitly forbids divorce:  "what god has joined together let no man separate",  saying only that 'immorality' should be grounds for divorce.   However,  this has been lawyered to death since then to arrive at the present state where divorce is only seen as unfortunate and not sinful.  The Catholic church however,  was and is still pretty insistent that divorce is sinful,  and that remarriage is adultery.  But many/most Catholics don't pay much attention to the Church anymore (that's a good thing!!).

Jesus also forbids charging of interest on loans,  and in fact,  interest was forbidden to Christians in Europe until the 15th century,  when king and merchants began desperately to look for loans to support their activities.  Suddenly charging interest was ok and remains so.

And don't even get me started on "turn the other cheek" and "love your enemies".  I tried this before with a group of conservative Christians and they said that when Jesus was a boy he used a whip to drive the moneychangers and merchants out of the temple because they were defiling the holiness of the church.   From that point on,  violence is justifiable no matter what Jesus actually instructs us to do.

Abortion is nowhere specifically banned or labeled as a sin.  They use analogies to make the case.
     Reply #50 - December 03, 2012, 09:33 PM

Actually you cannot read into the passage that Jesus actually forbids divorce.  Certainly he was against divorce but supports the reasons for divorce as a second best option.

The matter of interest is relevant given the present financial goings on in the world.  The word 'usury' is probably more correct.

But Yes, Christians are a pretty broad church.  But perhaps that is good - No?

Reply #51 - December 03, 2012, 09:40 PM

Thanks for explaining that onetrack  Afro
  • Awkward questions to ask "moderate" Christians
     Reply #52 - December 18, 2012, 11:10 AM

Guys, keep in mind that Jesus explicitly declares, that he didn't come to change a single word of the OT, but to add new "rules" to it. Basically he is saying he is God 2.0 and the old rules still apply. Mind you, after modern analysis this leaves you with literally hundreds of passages within the OT respectively NT & BETWEEN both that do not match or contradict each other, but that's a given in a document created by numerous writers and where consistency was never the "name of the game".

One of such additions is the concept of Hell, which wasn't present in the OT. A little, non-important change I can think of right away.  grin12
     Reply #53 - January 04, 2013, 12:02 PM

I've got a good question, bring a bible along...

Ask him if he believes that homosexuality is a sin... He will most likely say yes (he is a republican and conservative Christian)
    Then say 'right, because it says it in the bible right here' ( Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.)

Then ask him if he thinks slavery is ever justified or a suitable way to treat your fellow man...

He will say 'no' most likely. Because slavery is atrocious and evil.

Under the passage about homosexuality there is a passage - Leviticus 25:44 (a couple of pages after the sentence on homosexuality)

'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.'

So god says slavery is a-okay... If god says its fine then?? Why are you so staunchly against homosexuality but your not angry about your God given right to buy and own slaves?  Huh?
     Reply #54 - April 19, 2013, 09:25 PM

You need to research the teachings of Paul if you're really bothered...

"Now before faith came, we were guarded under law, having been shut up unto the faith that was yet to be revealed. In this way, the law was our tutor to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. But since faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor" (Galatians 3:23-25).

Freedom from the Law. (Romans Ch 7)
    Are you unaware, brothers (for I am speaking to people who know the law), that the law has jurisdiction over one as long as one lives?
    Thus a married woman is bound by law to her living husband; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law in respect to her husband.
    Consequently, while her husband is alive she will be called an adulteress if she consorts with another man. But if her husband dies she is free from that law, and she is not an adulteress if she consorts with another man.

In the same way, my brothers, you also were put to death to the law through the body of Christ, so that you might belong to another, to the one who was raised from the dead in order that we might bear fruit for God.
    For when we were in the flesh, our sinful passions, awakened by the law, worked in our members to bear fruit for death.
    But now we are released from the law, dead to what held us captive, so that we may serve in the newness of the spirit and not under the obsolete letter.
    Acquaintance with Sin through the Law.
    * What then can we say? That the law is sin? Of course not!* Yet I did not know sin except through the law, and I did not know what it is to covet except that the law said, “You shall not covet.”
    But sin, finding an opportunity in the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetousness. Apart from the law sin is dead.
    I once lived outside the law, but when the commandment came, sin became alive;
    then I died, and the commandment that was for life turned out to be death for me.
    For sin, seizing an opportunity in the commandment, deceived me and through it put me to death.
    So then the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.
    Sin and Death.*
    Did the good, then, become death for me? Of course not! Sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin, worked death in me through the good, so that sin might become sinful beyond measure through the commandment.
    We know that the law is spiritual; but I am carnal, sold into slavery to sin.
    What I do, I do not understand. For I do not do what I want, but I do what I hate.
    Now if I do what I do not want, I concur that the law is good.
    So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
    For I know that good does not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh. The willing is ready at hand, but doing the good is not.
    For I do not do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want.
    Now if do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
    So, then, I discover the principle that when I want to do right, evil is at hand.
    For I take delight in the law of God, in my inner self,
    l but I see in my members another principle at war with the law of my mind, taking me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
    Miserable one that I am! Who will deliver me from this mortal body?
    Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Therefore, I myself, with my mind, serve the law of God but, with my flesh, the law of sin.
     Reply #55 - April 19, 2013, 09:44 PM

If you really want to annoy Christians ask them about hell. Ask them to show the passages in the Old, or New Testament that describe hell fire and all that goes with it.

They'll have a problem, its all about absence of eternal life rather than a torture chamber of horrors and eternal flames. The worse they'll be able to show you is "utter darkness". Its all about eternal separation.
     Reply #56 - September 24, 2013, 12:05 AM

Where did Cain's wife come from?

Apologies if this is an old one. 

You can always bring up the wonderful story of  42 kids calling his prophet Elijah 'baldy'

Instead of god's punishment fitting the 'crime' by perhaps making the kid's hair fall out for a few days then growing back to teach them a lesson, or causing Elijah's hair to grow back miraculously, or perhaps god not choosing a slap-head prophet in the first place (apologies to my follically challenged friends) god's ultimate perfect solution to this mild misdemeanour is to......

.....yes that's right.......

He sends 2 bears to rip all 42 children to shreds.

Awww how perfect and loving is Yahweh.  Afro

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #57 - September 24, 2013, 09:22 AM

My answer? It's fiction.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #58 - July 11, 2014, 03:28 PM

If God made childbirth painful as punishment for eating some fruit, what did the original version of the vagina look like?

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #59 - July 11, 2014, 03:50 PM

maybe it was the shape of a babies head  Cheesy

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »