Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello from Holland, no longer on the fence

(Read 3513 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello from Holland, no longer on the fence
     OP - January 16, 2011, 01:16 PM

Hello friends,
    This is Mathmadx, I live in the Netherlands(Turkish descent) and I registered here to share a view ideas with you, as undoubtedly you can help me.

As you might guess, I have problems with Islam. I can't say anymore I am a doubting Muslim, as the falseness of Islam is very clear, and that those who can't accept that Islam(+all other religions) are all manmade, hold on to religion because of tradition, peerpressure and fear of death. ( ironically, the Qur'an talks about how clear the religion is, but the majority doesn't believe as they are too arrogant.. LOL)

So, this renders me an apostate, a murtadd, I even shiver when writing that word, - with how much fear and hatred I had been instilled " those kuffaar, those munafiqoon, those murtadds: Allah shall deal with them, for them an everlasting torture is prepared" etc etc.
    No need to explain the extreme brainwashing Muslims are subject to,- which in fact catalyzes doubt. Just like the concept of an eternal hell works counterproductive. In fact, that was one of the first things I doubted ( and once I started doubted one of the tenets of Islam, the rest followed like an avalanche.)

Anyway, although I don't think I can ever "re"vert, I do think my mind might change as I will see my loved friends, family die and I will be left powerless against the the undisputable strongest argument for Islam: the existence and the mysteriousness of death. But this is just a slim chance.

The problem is that my family (Turkish) is very devout(5x praying/day etc) , and there is an extreme hate and prejudice against non-Muslims , (Again, you might imagine how it is like): Explaining them I no longer believe all those stupid stories in the Qur'an would cause my father to get an heartattack(no kidding) and my mother has already cancer so let's not even go into that. Not to mention they certainly want that I marry a Muslim girl,- so ideally I should try to find an ex-Muslim girl who struggles with the same questions. As I wouldn't be able to get along with a Muslim, and my parents would immediately know I am not a Muslim if I'd want to marry a kafir .
    I am confused, sad, depressed, but at the same time I am overjoyed and excited by seeing the big picture:

In some way or the other , we  the humans Homo Sapiens, came into existence, we became conscious wise beings and began wondering about the big picture: Why do we exist? There MUST be something bigger to it, except for eating/sleeping/reproducing. Why does this ALL exist? And there you have it.. For thousands and thousands of years people have wondered about this very fundamental questions, science has made enormous breakthroughs, yet our understanding of "why this all exist/what happena after death" is virtually the same ..
  • Re: Hello from Holland, no longer on the fence
     Reply #1 - January 16, 2011, 01:29 PM

signwelcome

cheers

Why do we exist? There MUST be something bigger to it, except for eating/sleeping/reproducing. Why does this ALL exist? And there you have it.. For thousands and thousands of years people have wondered about this very fundamental questions, science has made enormous breakthroughs, yet our understanding of "why this all exist/what happena after death" is virtually the same ..

Religions  exploit this to hold sway over people's minds. The thing is no  one really knows religions pretend that they do and play con games to  shackle people's minds.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #2 - January 16, 2011, 01:31 PM

Welcome to the forum Smiley

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #3 - January 16, 2011, 01:35 PM

We used to have another Ex-Muslim Dutchman here but he hasn't been around in quite a long time.

signwelcome

fuck you
     Reply #4 - January 16, 2011, 01:36 PM

I am confused, sad, depressed, but at the same time I am overjoyed and excited by seeing the big picture:

Yes, very familiar! Welcome to the struggle of throwing off the beliefs and emotional comfort blanket that was given to us before we had a chance to think for ourselves.

I hope you enjoy your stay here. Smiley
     Reply #5 - January 16, 2011, 02:14 PM

signwelcome from the country of tulips and windmills as well Smiley i'm new here but already addicted to this forum! i'm pretty sure you will enjoy your stay here Smiley

I think a lot of us were brought here by google. Verily google guides whom it wills!

Reply #6 - January 16, 2011, 02:16 PM

Congrats on setting yourself free - tell us how you discovered this forum, and if you are open with anyone irl about your apostacy

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #7 - January 16, 2011, 02:32 PM

No, I didn't yet tell anyone in real life about my apostasy, and I don't think I will , especially towards the Muslims. Not sure what will happen when I'd disclose my real idendity: a few possibilities that they might tell:
    1) Look at those scientific miracles, many scientists become now Muslim!!  Look: Dr. Bucaille, a well-known renowned scientist discovered them and he became Muslim!
    2) Shaytan got into your mind, just pray a lot and you'll be fine, don't listen to Shaytan, he wants to steal ur most precious belonging, your Iman.
    3) You've been brainwashed by anti-Islam sites.
    4) You want to have a sinful life.(Note: Lots of people who would answer ur question of "R u a Muslim?" with an affirmative, but drink alcohol, bang around, go to clubs etc. Contrary to them, I was never good in being a hypocrite.)
    5) So, what do you think happens after death? Come back to the right path, before it's too late!
    6) U R BRAINWASHED BY THE EVIL ZIONIST NWO ILLUMINATi ELITE WHO CONTROL THE WORLD!!11 Smiley
     Reply #8 - January 16, 2011, 02:44 PM

Hello mathmadx, I used to live in NL (Brit Expat), down near Den Haag. Ben jij goed?

Anyways welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, I hope it improves and you are able to distance yourself from home.

I watched a documentary in Politics about multiculturalism and the situation of "Black Schools" in certain areas of NL, mostly in the inner cities where there were none or little numbers of white Dutch people in the schools in these areas because they were largely Turkish and Ethnic Minority areas, do you live in one of these areas and if so do you see them as insular and protectionist.

Hope to hear more from you and yes again welcome to the forum.
     Reply #9 - January 16, 2011, 02:50 PM

Welcome

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #10 - January 16, 2011, 04:06 PM

Welcome to the forum and greetings from your onderbuur ;-)

Will be visiting Amsterdam in a few weeks with some friends.   dance

<dust>: i love tea!!!
    <dust>: milky tea
    <three>: soooo gentle for my neck (from the inside)
    <dust>: mm
    <three>: it's definitely not called neck
    <dust>: lol
    <three>: what's the word i'm looking for
    <dust>: throat
     Reply #11 - January 16, 2011, 04:18 PM

Welcome to the forum, mathmadx.  victory

I can relate to a lot of what you are going through.

Be strong; believe in yourself. Afro  Living in the west as an apostate is much easier than in a Muslim country; and if you are financially independent, you've got more power to do things your way.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #12 - January 16, 2011, 04:56 PM

Welcome!

Feels like reading my own intro post!  Smiley
     Reply #13 - January 16, 2011, 05:06 PM

As a God-fearing man, I weep hot tears for losing you to the murtadeen. If all men thought as you do, I would be instantly out of a job as an imam of the Condom of the Child-Molester Mosque. Please keep your doubts to yourself brother. My kids will starve.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »