Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: comments on prince v freesoul007

(Read 52013 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: comments on prince v freesoul007
     Reply #30 - January 13, 2011, 10:29 AM

I am actually really pissed off that you're misrepresenting Darwin as a racist, Freesoul007. Shame on you.

Darwin was a racist Grin

(Maybe he meant Darwin was Islamophobic  Roll Eyes)

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #31 - January 13, 2011, 03:34 PM

I suppose we ought not mention to freesoul that Darwin's body of work completely abolishes the notion of superiority of any one race, and that it was largely his creationist opponents who were clinging on to the idea of non whites being savages.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #32 - January 13, 2011, 03:39 PM

Darwin also defended the intelligence of Africans and other non whites ...

Darwinism is even more radical than that. Correct me if I am wrong but (white) skin colour is a mutation - we are all Africans. It's just a question of how far back one is willing to look.
     Reply #33 - January 13, 2011, 03:48 PM

However, more to the point, as prince's algorithm shows, there is a perfectly computable system to evolution, not blind luck.

Yep, if it were just blind luck and chance, species wouldn't evolve at all, and drift in some form of limbo, going back and forth through beneficial and detrimental change.

Reply #34 - January 13, 2011, 04:09 PM

Darwinism is even more radical than that. Correct me if I am wrong but (white) skin colour is a mutation - we are all Africans. It's just a question of how far back one is willing to look.

Yep. It's all in The Decent of Man.

Darwin may not have had modern knowledge and advancement in the sciences to back up his theories, but he accurately predicted a common descent from African origins.

"In each great region of the world the living mammals are closely related to the extinct species of the same region. It is therefore probably that Africa was formerly inhabited by extinct apes closely allied to the gorilla and chimpanzee; and as these two species are now man’s nearest allies, it is somewhat more probable that our early progenitors lived on the African continent than elsewhere."
    ~ Darwin, The Descent of Man

Reply #35 - January 13, 2011, 04:14 PM

"In each great region of the world the living mammals are closely related to the extinct species of the same region. It is therefore probably that Africa was formerly inhabited by extinct apes closely allied to the gorilla and chimpanzee; and as these two species are now man’s nearest allies, it is somewhat more probable that our early progenitors lived on the African continent than elsewhere."
    ~ Darwin, The Descent of Man

Not that I disagree with what he said as he was proven to be right, more surprised by his knowledge over a hundred years ago.  How on earth did he know our early gorilla ancestors were not from Paris or Bosnia?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #36 - January 13, 2011, 04:19 PM

We didn't have gorilla ancestors...

Gorillas live in Africa and not Paris. "In each great region of the world the living mammals are closely related to the extinct species of the same region." That's how he knew our ancestors were African.
     Reply #37 - January 13, 2011, 04:29 PM

Not that I disagree with what he said as he was proven to be right, more surprised by his knowledge over a hundred years ago. How on earth did he know our early gorilla ancestors were not from Paris or Bosnia?

There was no evidence at the time. He put the pieces of the puzzle together through directly observing the world, extensive travelling and study, compiling ideas that were counter-intuitive, confusing, shouldn't fit but did, ideas that were even blasphemous, directly challenging the status quo and challenging his own faith.

It's what is most compelling about the work of Darwin. You can follow his journey, almost feel the moments of realisation as they arrive in his mind, gradually collecting and crystallising into solid theories.

And yeah, gorillas are not our ancestors, but I know what you meant.

Reply #38 - January 13, 2011, 04:40 PM

It's also worth pointing out that Darwin himself didn't have much faith in the fossil record anyway, which at the time was sparse, mostly unverified and full of hoaxes.

Reply #39 - January 13, 2011, 04:46 PM

Creationists are too hung up on the fossil record. There is far more interesting evidence to discuss.
     Reply #40 - January 13, 2011, 09:35 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but (white) skin colour is a mutation

So i am a Mutant ha??? Don't call me a mutant buddy!!!

Just look at the sun and the moon, rotating around the earth perfectly! Out of all the never ending space in the universe, the sun and moon ended up close to earth rotating around it perfectly.!!

Reply #41 - January 13, 2011, 09:46 PM

So i am a Mutant ha??? Don't call me a mutant buddy!!!

you mutant white hominid, you

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #42 - January 13, 2011, 09:49 PM

Over react

Just look at the sun and the moon, rotating around the earth perfectly! Out of all the never ending space in the universe, the sun and moon ended up close to earth rotating around it perfectly.!!

Reply #43 - January 13, 2011, 10:20 PM

If evolution is false the whole bio-medical industry and all medicine available should also be false. All genetic mapping, allelic determination of diseases, SNP's and molecular cellular knowledge is based on evolutionary "theory".

Actually this isn't the best way of putting it. None of these things generally depend/have depended on the knowledge we gain/have gained from evolution theory, rather we learn about these things from experiments done by molecular biologists/biochemists/cell biologists in the lab and then these things have been used to provide supporting evidence for evolution. In fact I'm pretty sure that even if the theory of evolution was never proposed yet we would still have achieved all the things you mention above - these are all things we have learnt about through biochemistry/molecular biology/genetics in the lab and have not depended on what evolution theory has proposed. On the other hand it is rather cool that these things have all turned out to be able to provide positive supporting evidence for evolution.

I accept evolution but I just don't generally like it when claims like these are made - although sometimes it gets me accused of being a creationist  Roll Eyes - but you would be very hard-pressed to find a molecular biologist who disagrees with what I said above.

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #44 - January 13, 2011, 10:31 PM

I accept evolution

Since when?  What was the turning point? 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #45 - January 13, 2011, 10:33 PM

i never said that evolution was false  Huh? although I have argued many times regarding the accuracy of arguments to support it

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #46 - January 13, 2011, 10:36 PM

No, that isn't what I meant. I mean these models of understanding in different fields of science, (not just medicine), rely on the same principles, concepts, vectors that the evolutionary fields of science do. If evolution is false, these also must be false, since they share the same base principles, are intrinsic with each other, run parallel with each other, compliment each other.

Reply #47 - January 13, 2011, 10:42 PM

i never said that evolution was false  Huh?

No you never did, you always questioned it.  But here you appear to accept it, so I was wondering what new evidence/thoughts made you see it this way?   Did you read Dawkins Greatest Show on Earth?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #48 - January 13, 2011, 10:58 PM

no, it wasn't really a question of evidence really - i guess it was the Islam in me that always made me question apsects of it (although even as a Muslim I stated many times that I accept evolution as fact) - but that fog has since lifted  Smiley

Reply #49 - January 13, 2011, 11:02 PM

clap clap clap

Welcome to the kafiristaan!! cheers

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #50 - January 13, 2011, 11:40 PM

(although even as a Muslim I stated many times that I accept evolution as fact)

I thought that was only during the latter part, prior to that you were open to the suggestion but not convinced by the evidence.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #51 - January 13, 2011, 11:55 PM

i guess there always have been and probably always will be things that are not adequately explained during my lifetime in the required detail (i've discussed these many times before so won't discuss it here) - but i guess these days i'm more willing to take it on faith that evolution was solely responsible  Tongue

Reply #52 - January 14, 2011, 02:04 AM

You're spot on about that.
     Reply #53 - January 14, 2011, 04:29 AM

http://www.harunyahya.com/ says hi, PS.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #54 - January 14, 2011, 04:34 AM

Harun Yahya, great intellect. 
     Reply #55 - January 14, 2011, 04:36 AM

Evolutionary paleontologists portray different Homo erectus, Homo sapiens neanderthalensis, and archaic Homo sapiens human fossils as indicating different species or subspecies on the evolutionary path. They base this on the differences between these fossil skulls. However, these differences actually consist of variations among different human races that have existed, some of which have become extinct or have been assimilated. These differences have grown less pronounced as human races have intermixed over time.

Copied word to word from:
    http://www.darwinismrefuted.com/origin_of_man_11.html

Shame really.
     Reply #56 - January 14, 2011, 04:38 AM

shh... put it in the ring side section.  You'll see that I did. 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #57 - January 14, 2011, 04:39 AM

Harun Yahya, great intellect. 

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #58 - January 14, 2011, 04:40 AM

Btw, those skulls posted as 'middle aged  bengali' and everything are so obviously fake  Cheesy Cheesy
     Reply #59 - January 14, 2011, 04:41 AM

Do you also believe Animal's like Tiger's for example have evolved?

You should have had this in the bag by now, you have a head-start by mile's off, considering that you have studied this topic long ago and am learning about it as we debate.

You're not learning everything. You're just copy/pasting from creationist sites.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

• Previous page 1 23 4 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »