Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Enemies not Allies

(Read 26480 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Enemies not Allies
     OP - January 12, 2011, 04:22 PM

‘Enemies not Allies’ Seminar, 26 January 2011, 18.30 – 20.00 (Registration begins at 18.00), Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4RL (Holborn Tube)

Bigots and neo-Nazis feigning to campaign for rights... ‘anti-racist’ groups promoting fascism... ‘anti-war’ rallies run by supporters of terrorism and dictatorship… Enough!

The One Law for All campaign is holding a seminar to expose how important debates including on Sharia law have been hijacked by the far-Right to promote their racist agenda, and by anti-racist and anti-war groups to defend Islamism, both at the expense of people’s rights and lives. The seminar will focus on: The British National Party, the English Defence League, Stop Islamisation of Europe (also Stop Islamization of America), the Stop the War Coalition, the Respect Party, and Unite Against Fascism.

Speakers at the seminar are Adam Barnett (One Law for All), Rahila Gupta (Women’s Rights Campaigner), Marieme Helie Lucas (Secularism is a Women’s Issue), Ghaffar Hussain (Quilliam Foundation), Douglas Murray (Centre for Social Cohesion), Maryam Namazie (One Law for All), and Shiraz Maher (International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation), with John Adams (Emeritus Professor at the University of Hertfordshire) to chair. Entry fee: £5 individuals; £10 voluntary and statutory organisations. For booking form and speaker bios visit http://www.onelawforall.org.uk/26-january-2010-seminar-london/.
  • Re: Enemies not Allies
     Reply #1 - January 12, 2011, 05:04 PM

Cool.

fuck you
     Reply #2 - January 13, 2011, 09:15 AM

wtf is douglas murray doing there
     Reply #3 - January 13, 2011, 09:30 AM

Douglas Murray is OK.
     Reply #4 - January 13, 2011, 10:26 AM

*cough*

I wonder where arthur1 is these days.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #5 - January 13, 2011, 10:46 AM

wtf is douglas murray doing there

I'm very glad Douglas Murray is going to be there.

Reply #6 - January 13, 2011, 12:40 PM

i dunno, right-wing neo-con nutjobs tend to stick out slightly
     Reply #7 - January 13, 2011, 12:46 PM

i dunno, right-wing neo-con nutjobs tend to stick out slightly

I don't agree with everything Douglas Murray says but he's really not 'far-right'!
     Reply #8 - January 13, 2011, 01:15 PM

Far-right or not, he actively supports wars of aggression, imperialism, oppression and ethnic cleansing, as well as using the UK government to forcefully censor anyone who opposes these things.

fuck you
     Reply #9 - January 13, 2011, 01:28 PM

Douglas Murray has super-powers and jedi mind control tricks too.

God is Love.

Reply #10 - January 13, 2011, 01:41 PM

Your snide remark hardly qualifies as a refutation. He supports the Iraq War, he supports Israel's occupation of Palestinian land unconditionally, and supports criminally charging those who speak out against Israel. He's the British Julius Streicher of 21st century Western imperialism.

fuck you
     Reply #11 - January 13, 2011, 01:47 PM

he supports Israel's occupation of Palestinian land unconditionally, and supports criminally charging those who speak out against Israel

I have never heard or read him say this. Do you have a source for it?
     Reply #12 - January 13, 2011, 01:51 PM

I presume you mean the second part-- his unconditional support of Israel being well-known. Yeah, it was in an article posted here a few months ago, I think by HO. Lemme try to find it.

fuck you
     Reply #13 - January 13, 2011, 01:55 PM

Your snide remark hardly qualifies as a refutation.

You wrote the book on snide, Q Afro

I'd would have said that I bet Douglas Murray wished he was all those things, but in truth its just the immensity of the mans projected capabilities that would probably tickle him the most.

Back in the real world, here is the reality on how he uses "the UK government to forcefully censor anyone who opposes these things" - an article about how he has been blackballed by David Cameron and the British government, who ignore him.

How I became a Tory pariah

http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/all/6344758/part_3/blackballed-by-cameron.thtml

Now I don't agree with Douglas Murray on everything, but then I don't agree with hardly anyone on everything. He's just another voice you can listen to and then disagree with if you don't like it, but he's got about as much influence on the government's ability to 'forcefully censor' anything as you do.

God is Love.

Reply #14 - January 13, 2011, 01:56 PM

I presume you mean the second part-- his unconditional support of Israel being well-known. Yeah, it was in an article posted here a few months ago, I think by HO. Lemme try to find it.

Yes, I'd be surprised if his support was unconditional. I'd also be surprised if he wanted people criminally charged for speaking out against Israel.
     Reply #15 - January 13, 2011, 01:58 PM

On Israel/Palestine, he supports a two state solution as far as I know.

Reply #16 - January 13, 2011, 02:00 PM

I have to say that after meeting him personally I found him to be far more reasonable than some reports have portrayed him. I also found him to be a very charming and likable person.

btw I met him at the British Muslims for Secular Democracy rally - he was the ONLY British politician that came out to support that Demo!
     Reply #17 - January 13, 2011, 02:07 PM

he was the ONLY British politician that came out to support that Demo!

I thought he was a social commentator, is he a politician too?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #18 - January 13, 2011, 02:09 PM

He's the Nazi Julius Streicher of 21st Century Britain, to be fair.

God is Love.

Reply #19 - January 13, 2011, 02:20 PM

Yes, I'd be surprised if his support was unconditional. I'd also be surprised if he wanted people criminally charged for speaking out against Israel.

Found it: http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=13144.0

Bold mine

LONDON – The Venezuelan Embassy in London has been accused of glorifying terrorism ahead of its commemoration on Saturday of the 10th anniversary of the outbreak of the second intifada.

The intifada was “at the forefront of the world struggle against white supremacist neo-colonialism and settler-colonialism,” according to the embassy.

The legation's website describes the event, titled “Ten years since the second intifada: making the empire turn back,” as an exploration of the reason for the eruption of the intifada and “its ramifications for the Palestinian revolution and national liberation struggle.”

It also says that the intifada “has been a catalyst, and formed part of the process of an emerging multi-polar world and the growing strength and confidence of the South.”

The event will “explore the intifada's relationship with movements of resistance against Anglo-American aggression, invasion and occupation in Iraq, Afghanistan and other areas and conflicts in the 'war on terror'.”

A message will be delivered on behalf of the Venezuelan Ambassador Samuel Moncada at the event. Other speakers include former MP and veteran anti-Israel activist George Galloway; the former plane hijacker Leila Khaled, who will address the event by video, and Massoud Shadjareh, chair of the Islamic Human Rights Commission, organisers of London Al-Quds Day - an annual event in support of the resistance movements against Israel.

The IHRC is a Hezbollah and Islamic Republic supporting organization associated with the UK branch of Hizb ut-Tahrir. At an anti-Israel rally in Hyde Park during the Second Lebanon War, Shadjareh wore a Hezbollah flag.

Journalist Sukant Chandan will chair the event. He heads the George Habash Memorial Committee, where the founder of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestinian is described as “a man who contributed more than most to the revolutionary struggles of a liberated Palestine and a free and united Arab nation.”

The London-based think tank the Centre for Social Cohesion has called for the British police to intervene and accused the embassy of glorifying terrorism.

“This is disgraceful event; its intention is to glorify the murder of civilians and an act of glorification of terror,” CSC director Douglas Murray said. “According to the 2006 Terrorism Act, the glorification of terrorism is an illegal act in the UK. Therefore the police should attend the event and arrest anyone who contravenes the law.

“The second intifada was a campaign of murder of Israeli civilians. The murder of civilians by terrorists is something the British government and police should consider with the upmost seriousness, whether it is terrorism directed against Israelis, British people or anyone else.

“If this were a meeting celebrating 7/7 [terrorist attacks on London] they would be arrested. They are celebrating bus bombs in Israel, so Galloway and company should also be arrested. There is no difference between celebrating the murder of people on buses in Tel Aviv or on tube trains in London,” Murray said.

And there ya go. Douglas Murray is a right-wing authoritarian sack of shit who wants to sic the cops on anyone who voices support of Palestinian resistance.

On Israel/Palestine, he supports a two state solution as far as I know.

Yep, he supports it on Israel's terms-- a glorified Bantustan for the Palestinians, nothing for the refugees of 48, and all of Jerusalem in Israel's hands.

You wrote the book on snide, Q Afro

I'd would have said that I bet Douglas Murray wished he was all those things, but in truth its just the immensity of the mans projected capabilities that would probably tickle him the most.

Back in the real world, here is the reality on how he uses "the UK government to forcefully censor anyone who opposes these things" - an article about how he has been blackballed by David Cameron and the British government, who ignore him.

How I became a Tory pariah

http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/all/6344758/part_3/blackballed-by-cameron.thtml

Now I don't agree with Douglas Murray on everything, but then I don't agree with hardly anyone on everything. He's just another voice you can listen to and then disagree with if you don't like it, but he's got about as much influence on the government's ability to 'forcefully censor' anything as you do.

Man's projected capabilities? I just said that he supported these things, not that he was powerful, and you have yet to refute my statement.

I also found him to be a very charming and likable person.

Totally irrelevant to his vile politics and morally reprehensible positions.

He's the Nazi Julius Streicher of 21st Century Britain, to be fair.

He supports murder, terror, and oppression because he views those being slaughtered as being in the way of his country and "progress", so why the hell not? I could compare him to a Hamas or Hutu Power propagandist if that makes you more comfortable than the Nazi analogy.

fuck you
     Reply #20 - January 13, 2011, 02:23 PM

I just said that he supported these things, not that he was powerful, and you have yet to refute my statement.

You said:

"as well as using the UK government to forcefully censor anyone who opposes these things"

He does nothing of the sort. He has no association or influence with the UK government.

God is Love.

Reply #21 - January 13, 2011, 02:26 PM

He supports murder, terror, and oppression because he views those being slaughtered as being in the way of his country and "progress", so why the hell not? I could compare him to a Hamas or Hutu Power propagandist if that makes you more comfortable than the Nazi analogy.

Nah, the Nazi ones are the best  Afro

God is Love.

Reply #22 - January 13, 2011, 02:29 PM

You said:

"as well as using the UK government to forcefully censor anyone who opposes these things"

He does nothing of the sort. He has no association or influence with the UK government.

Roll Eyes Nigga please,

I know damn well your reading comprehension skills don't suck. I said:

Far-right or not, he actively supports wars of aggression, imperialism, oppression and ethnic cleansing, as well as using the UK government to forcefully censor anyone who opposes these things.

He supports using the UK government to censor opposition to these ideas, and that is backed up by the post I quoted above. I NEVER said he had the power to effect it himself. Stop playing dumb billy-- you're too obviously smart for that strategy to work. You deliberately misrepresented my position and made a snide remark hoping that it would pass for a refutation to a statement you knew you couldn't refute.

fuck you
     Reply #23 - January 13, 2011, 02:52 PM

Stop playing dumb billy-- you're too obviously smart for that strategy to work. You deliberately misrepresented my position and made a snide remark hoping that it would pass for a refutation to a statement you knew you couldn't refute

Oh come on Q, thats not snide, get over it. You didn't think the Jedi mind trick line was a good one, ah well.

And besides, snide is comparing someone who you disagree with, with a Nazi who was arrayed at Nuremburg.

Now, in pursuit of your point, from whence this sound and fury arises:

He supports using the UK government to censor opposition to these ideas.

Actually in those bolded quotes, he says that Hezbollah is a terrorist organisation that targets civilians. Its not their ideas he says should be 'censored', its support for their actions of killing civilians that gets up his nose.

Personally I think this is a rocky road to go down because of the issue of what constitutes, 'glorification', and also because you'd have to fill the jails up with lots of folks who chant 'We Are Hezbollah' all the time, so its not practical. So I don't actually agree with him. But its not the same as supporting using the UK government to censor anyone who 'opposes these things' - if you mean by 'these things', simply ideas and opinions.

There is a clear difference between the two, which I'm sure you'll see upon consideration of this further.

God is Love.

Reply #24 - January 13, 2011, 03:20 PM

Actually in those bolded quotes, he says that Hezbollah is a terrorist organisation that targets civilians. Its not their ideas he says should be 'censored', its support for their actions of killing civilians that gets up his nose.

No he doesn't. He doesn't even mention Hezbollah. Read it again. He clearly regards any moral or ideological support of the Second Intifada as an arrestable offense, and I would not be surprised if he thought any support of any armed resistance to the Israeli occupation should also be subject to criminal punishment.

And here's the other part-- Murray supports mass-killing, dislocations, oppression and general destruction of people's lives too. He just supports it when it's the West doing it to other people. As long as it's done by a conventional military force of the UK, US, or Israel, he's cool with it. Otherwise he couldn't, in good conscience, support the Iraq War or Israeli expansionism and occupation. But when people voice support for the opposition engaging in violence, that's morally reprehensible to Murray and those people must be arrested.

Fuck Douglas Murray-- sorry apologist for imperialism sack of shit.

fuck you
     Reply #25 - January 13, 2011, 03:25 PM

Murray supports mass-killing, dislocations, oppression and general destruction of people's lives too.

LOL

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #26 - January 13, 2011, 03:32 PM

Okay, Ishina, so are you saying the Iraq War and the occupation of Palestine have not resulted in exactly that?

fuck you
     Reply #27 - January 13, 2011, 04:22 PM

OK, he was against this particular event - I got the impression you were saying he wanted anyone who speaks out against Israel criminally charged.

Actually the conference in the OP is very relevant here. Hizbollah (and their Islamic Regime backers) and Hizbu-Tahrir, are not our allies - they are our enemies!

Of course CEMB supports the rights of the Palestinians to self-determination and we condemn Israeli aggression - but we will never join hands with such groups.

We are just as much against Islamists trying to hijack the plight of the Palestinians for their own ends as we are against groups like EDL trying to hijack criticism of Islam for their own ends.

Although I don't agree with everything Douglas Murray says - I certainly don't put him in the far-right bigoted category.
     Reply #28 - January 13, 2011, 04:44 PM

Of course CEMB supports the rights of the Palestinians to self-determination and we condemn Israeli aggression - but we will never join hands with such groups.

Speak not evil of the Jewish state. The Hebrews never harmed a fly. Not one. So why the shameless mendacity my lovely? I will expose you.

Douglas Murray strikes me thunderously as cognitively deficient, but his support for the Hebrews I like. Go, Israel, go!

Reply #29 - January 13, 2011, 04:44 PM

No he doesn't. He doesn't even mention Hezbollah.

The article refers to Hezbollah supporters, and he clearly states that his response is to those who support their policies of targetting civilians. He doesn't say anything about censoring views or ideas or opinions.

Its a futile claim anyway I suspect. Hezbollah supporters in the main are quite aware of the laws glorifying terrorism and probably wouldn't say anything that could be construed in that way on a public platform.

As far as I know, Hezbollah's military arm was banned in the UK in 2008.

and I would not be surprised if he thought

Ah, 'not be surprised' and 'if'. Supposition and presumption.

God is Love.

• 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »