Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Jack Straw says some UK Pakistani men see white girls as "easy meat" for sex

(Read 35020 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Jack Straw says some UK Pakistani men see white girls as "easy meat" for sex
     Reply #270 - January 18, 2011, 05:42 AM

MORE ON GANG RAPES

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
  • Re: Jack Straw says some UK Pakistani men see white girls as "easy meat" for sex
     Reply #271 - January 18, 2011, 05:44 AM

Quote from: deusvult
    capitalism is pro human rights in the sense that it gives people ownership of private property.

Now try and claim that freedom in general is predicated on the existence of private property.

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #272 - January 18, 2011, 05:52 AM

Freedom in general? like apple pie and bald eagle freedom?

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #273 - January 18, 2011, 06:04 AM

Freedom of speech, freedom from slavery, democracy. Are these dependent on the existence of private property?

Reply #274 - January 18, 2011, 06:12 AM

dependent no, they are social constructs given because of logical constructions of individuality.  Private property does facilitate it though.  Slavery cannot exist in a world in which all human beings are deemed equal to each other as moral agents, they can only sign voluntary contracts which is not slavery.  Freedom of speech is a given on private property when you can say and do what you want on your own property.  Democracy only depends on the people who approve of it.  In that sense private property and the ability to consent to use such property in a communal society is paramount.  It is wasn't so then we'd have what we have in the Middle East "Democracies" that mean absolutely nothing.  

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
     Reply #275 - January 18, 2011, 06:46 PM

Are white girls 'asking for it'?

well listen to BBC discussion .,   Apparently  some idiot with the mind set of  that Indian Islamic intellectual  dr. Goat  says

it is true " white white girls 'asking for it'.,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9361000/9361401.stm

King Tut what is your opinion??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #276 - January 18, 2011, 08:41 PM

Found this article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8248347/Are-white-girls-really-easy-meat.html

Sadly for the racists, the figures just do not support any attempt to paint British Muslims and Asians as sex predators on a national scale. Asians are, in fact, under-represented among sex offenders. As at June 2009, there were 7,021 British men in prison for sex crimes, of whom only 234 were Asian. That is 3.3 per cent, rather less than the proportion of Asians in the population. And a 2008 study by Malcolm Cowburn of Sheffield Hallam University found that jailed sex criminals from ethnic minorities were less likely to have abused children than white sex offenders.

Thought I'd quote that for people like DH  Afro
     Reply #277 - January 18, 2011, 08:43 PM

Are white girls 'asking for it'?

well listen to BBC discussion .,   Apparently  some idiot with the mind set of  that Indian Islamic intellectual  dr. Goat  says

it is true " white white girls 'asking for it'.,

handjob

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #278 - January 18, 2011, 08:46 PM

Andrew Gilligan is a superb journalist  Afro

But as with any offenders of any race, people commit crime more if they think they can get away with it. And in the eyes of many people in East Lancashire, there was, at least until recently, a willingness to let Pakistani offenders get away with it, for fear of being accused of racism. The danger, of course, is that that stokes the very bigotry it seeks to avoid.

The lesson from Blackburn, however, is that if the problem is brought out into the open, it can be addressed. Since the local paper’s campaign, and the establishment of Operation Engage, there have been 63 charges, a number of convictions and, apparently, a deterrent effect: according to Engage’s co-ordinator, 80 per cent of the cases they now deal with (albeit on a broader front than merely street grooming) do not involve Pakistanis.

Last night, in the inevitable political row, some of the usual suspects accused Straw of “stereotyping a whole community”. But this subject does not have to become a racial melodrama; it is, principally, a crime. We can tackle it – but first we have to start talking about it.

God is Love.

Reply #279 - January 18, 2011, 08:53 PM

*wonders why billy is suddenly liking my posts*
     Reply #280 - January 18, 2011, 09:27 PM

I'm not, I like Andrew Gilligan's posts  Afro

In fact earlier in the thread when I said that Pakistanis are not over represented in sex offender units it was this article I was referring to with these figures which I had just read, but didn't link to.

God is Love.

Reply #281 - January 18, 2011, 11:03 PM

I'm not,

Cry

lol  Tongue
     Reply #282 - January 18, 2011, 11:44 PM

Don't try and guilt trip me  Angry

God is Love.

Reply #283 - January 19, 2011, 12:14 AM

lol I wouldn't do that, I'm not manipulative  Roll Eyes
     Reply #284 - January 20, 2011, 06:04 AM

dependent no, they are social constructs given because of logical constructions of individuality.  Private property does facilitate it though.

In didn't "facilitate" it on the privately owned southern slave plantations. Indeed, the aristocratic lifestyle of the slave owners would not have been possible without compulsion in that period when "market forces" worked to the advantage of a genuinely free and mobile labor force.

Slavery cannot exist in a world in which all human beings are deemed equal to each other as moral agents, they can only sign voluntary contracts which is not slavery.

HERE is a picture of some sharecroppers,  who were identical to their officially enslaved forebears in everything but name:

If someone is worked like a slave, fed like a slave, clothed like a slave, housed like a slave and have no real alternatives except starvation then they are a slave regardless of whether they are LEGALLY "deemed equal" to any other citizen.  De facto slavery brought about as a result of such Hobson's choice is not imbued with moral validity because  the slave and their exploiter have signed a LEGALLY "voluntary" contract. Theoretical "Freedom of movement of labor" which is not a PRACTICAL REALITY is NO freedom.

Freedom of speech is a given on private property when you can say and do what you want on your own property.

Well the Southern slave plantation owners had the "freedom" to call their slaves things like "nigger". The slaves however did not have the freedom to answer back.

Democracy only depends on the people who approve of it.  In that sense private property and the ability to consent to use such property in a communal society is paramount.  It is wasn't so then we'd have what we have in the Middle East "Democracies" that mean absolutely nothing.

Most middle eastern countries have private property. So why aren't they democracies?

Reply #285 - January 20, 2011, 05:24 PM

In didn't "facilitate" it on the privately owned southern slave plantations. Indeed, the aristocratic lifestyle of the slave owners would not have been possible without compulsion in that period when "market forces" worked to the advantage of a genuinely free and mobile labor force.

You need to form a coherent argument here.  I don't define private property as forced slave labor, nor do I consider free markets free when massive amounts of force are used to enact such activities.  The slave masters may have defined their slaves as private property, but I don't nor do I think it is an acceptable view in any logically consistent way.  Just because they called it private property doesn't mean we accept their definition, any more that we accept the peoples republic of China as a republic in any meaningful sense.

Reply #286 - January 20, 2011, 05:56 PM

I don't define private property as forced slave labor

I never said you did.

nor do I consider free markets free when massive amounts of force are used to enact such activities.

"Free Markets" can lead to de facto slavery without the conscious use of "massive amounts of force" - as in the case of the "liberated" slaves in the US whose wretched working/lving conditions persisted long after the civil war under a system of supposedly "voluntary association" between white landowners and black tenants. In nineteenth century Britain the misery and squalor of millions of wage slaves was the work of untramelled "market forces". "Massive amounts of force" were resorted to by the ruling class when the exploited refused to accept "the market" as the ultimate moral arbiter of their living and working conditions and rose up against it.

Reply #287 - January 20, 2011, 06:37 PM

Again and again ill tell you.  You definition of free market is continually changing.  You need to stick with one definition and show how it has hampered freedoms.  You have not.  Sharecroppers were not operating in a free market as well I think you already know.  Specific laws were enacted against them to deprive them of options that were available to other debtors, travel restrictions were placed on them, and any ability to peruse legal action were circumvented by intimidation and force.  they weren't virtually enslaved by a free market, but actually enslaved with the false pretense of being equal which legal they weren't at all.

Anyways, private property does facilitate universal human rights by giving people possession of their own property, with the freedom to do what they want with it as a predominate factor.

Reply #288 - January 25, 2011, 04:11 PM

You definition of free market is continually changing.

No it's not

You need to stick with one definition

Are you happy with this?:

free market

Definitions (3)
    1. Business governed by the laws of supply and demand, not restrained by government interference, regulation or subsidy.

and show how it has hampered freedoms.

I have provided examples of historical situations where the "free play" of "market forces" have led to situations of de facto slavery. Here is another one.

Sharecroppers were not operating in a free market as well I think you already know.

What were they operating in then? Communism? It is quite clear from ARTICLES LIKE THIS that sharecroppers entered into their state of impoverished de facto slavery on the basis of "free association" between property owner and laborer. It is equally clear that the sharecroppers enjoyed the Hobson's choice of enduring their de facto slavery or starving and THAT rather than overt restrictions on their movement is what kept them where they were.

Specific laws were enacted against them to deprive them of options that were available to other debtors, travel restrictions were placed on them, and any ability to peruse legal action were circumvented by intimidation and force.

Economic power=Political power. Such consciously abusive situations inevitably arise where most of the wealth and property is concentrated in the hands of a few - which inexorably happens when "market forces" are left to themselves.

Anyways, private property does facilitate universal human rights by giving people possession of their own property, with the freedom to do what they want with it as a predominate factor.

Is that what happened in Chile under Pinochet where "property rights" and "market outcomes" were ruthlessly enforced by a vicious rightwing dictatorship which was much admired by such neoliberal ideologues as Margaret Thatcher and her free market "guru" Alan Walters?

• Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10« Previous thread | Next thread »