Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: How much debate is there on Aisha's age?

(Read 2848 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • How much debate is there on Aisha's age?
     OP - January 16, 2011, 07:18 PM

Hi,

I was wondering what the 'highest' scholars say about Aisha's age.
    It's narrated both in Bukhari and Muslim more than once that she was 6 at marriage and 9 at consummation, but I recently received this link
    http://www.islamicsupremecouncil.com/ayesha.htm

It looks pretty fishy to me, for example I searched the hadith (bukhari, muslim, dawud, malik) for 'fifteen years' and found nothing on Aisha going to battle of Badr.
    Anyone have more info on the arguments proposed on that website?

Thanks!

<dust>: i love tea!!!
    <dust>: milky tea
    <three>: soooo gentle for my neck (from the inside)
    <dust>: mm
    <three>: it's definitely not called neck
    <dust>: lol
    <three>: what's the word i'm looking for
    <dust>: throat
  • Re: How much debate is there on Aisha's age?
     Reply #1 - January 16, 2011, 07:28 PM

Most of these narratives are reported only by Hisham ibn `urwah reporting on the authority of his father. An event as well known as the one being reported, should logically have been reported by more people than just one, two or three.

LOL! Have they ever tried applying that logic to the existence Gibril or the Building of Mecca or Jesus...

I think that the narratives reporting this event are not only highly unreliable but also that on the basis of other historical data, the event reported, is quite an unlikely happening.

F**KING LOL,  AGAIN!
    It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the standards differ as soon as the Quran is placed in a bad light..
     Reply #2 - January 16, 2011, 07:30 PM

^ ...excellent point :p

<dust>: i love tea!!!
    <dust>: milky tea
    <three>: soooo gentle for my neck (from the inside)
    <dust>: mm
    <three>: it's definitely not called neck
    <dust>: lol
    <three>: what's the word i'm looking for
    <dust>: throat
     Reply #3 - January 16, 2011, 07:44 PM

How could she have been 15 anyway? I thought she was only 18 when Mohammed died.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #4 - January 17, 2011, 06:02 AM

Hi,

I was wondering what the 'highest' scholars say about Aisha's age.
    It's narrated both in Bukhari and Muslim more than once that she was 6 at marriage and 9 at consummation, but I recently received this link
    http://www.islamicsupremecouncil.com/ayesha.htm

It looks pretty fishy to me, for example I searched the hadith (bukhari, muslim, dawud, malik) for 'fifteen years' and found nothing on Aisha going to battle of Badr.
    Anyone have more info on the arguments proposed on that website?

Thanks!

This "controversy" over Aisha's age has only arisen since knowledge of her being sexually abused by Muhammad from 9 yrs old started to become widespread amongst the western Kafirs. For the previous 14 centuries Muslims had no problems with the "sahihness" of the hadith saying Ayesha was 9 - or any other hadith for that matter that does not paint Muhammad in the best light.

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #5 - February 01, 2011, 12:12 PM

Is this an admission that western morals are better than Islamic ones? I wish, but it does show that this is a source of embarrassment for them.

It is not the way you live your life that is important, it is how well you enjoy it that matters.
     Reply #6 - February 03, 2011, 12:11 AM

The argument I frequently come across was that young girls were more mature in those days and that it was not uncommon for girls to get married at 9, so it's not a big deal. But the thing that really turns me off is that the fact that Aisha was playing with her dolls when Muhammad came to her. That does not sound like a mature woman to me. Apologetics at work again. It seems like anything these days can be sugar coated.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #7 - February 03, 2011, 01:42 AM

I actually know a shia/anarchist that argues that Aisha was much older like 15/16 and the companions only said this to embarrass the prophet and give him a bad name .

To be honest I sometimes question hadith generally how do we know the validity of them . Hadiths are based on on history according to the companions so the same argument cant be said with shias , since history of Islam is completely different in comparison to sunni islam . I have heard thing like Aisha killing the prophet loooool , umar and Ali conspiring to kill the prophet . So if shias argue that Aisha is not 9 that opinion should be widely recognised since there still hold a large percentage .

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
     Reply #8 - February 03, 2011, 01:46 AM

Even if Aisha was not a child, it doesn't make Islam or any other religion any more valid.

Muhammed was simply a man of his times who participated in many practices we may abhor today. A mere man, subject to the same criticism for his mistakes as any other man--though perhaps this criticism should be more strenuous due to his raised, god-like status. That's quite obvious.

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #9 - February 03, 2011, 02:11 AM

I agree Ephemeral but that seriously damaged his reputation , when I was Muslim I thought he was amazing until I heard about Aisha's age , there is always a silence when that issue is discussed .To be honest when atheists or non Muslims usually debate with Muslims the first thing they mention is Aisha's age . Every time I look at a 9 yr old I feel sick to my stomach because the prophet did , I see 9 yr olds as babies !!!!!

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »