Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Advice to 16 - 22 years old Ex-Muslims

(Read 20421 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Advice to 16 - 22 years old Ex-Muslims
     Reply #60 - August 24, 2011, 04:07 PM

I've been told hard work is all you need, I do actually believe that...I think if you work hard then you can get somewhere. However, I can't work hard, I don't know how to. Every time I do, I feel psychologically stressed and jailed, I get feelings of suicide and melancholy.

Jesus Christ, you're like my soulmate.

EDIT: as in, it is as though you were my soulmate, not: you are similar to a soulmate I have now.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #61 - August 24, 2011, 04:12 PM

PS: Rise of the Planet of the Apes ROCKED!  Punk

+10

Reply #62 - August 24, 2011, 04:15 PM

Truth is, in order to actually believe this idea you need to be a bit of an idiot. Because none of us are really worth all the things we want. Do you really believe that you deserve a 5 bedroom house with a jacuzzi and an Infiniti with heated leather seats? Nobody really does. Nobody really is worth anything they think they are. You are not special - as Tyler Durden would say.

It's sad but people who have a higher level of thinking tend to despair into nihilism. I get by in life because I'm content with baser and more carnal things. I could give less of a shit about what Kant or Nietczhe says.. I'm very happy with a woman's ass and a nice car. I'm basic and that's all I really need.

So it's all about what you want out of life. If you have excessive material desire, true love or are seeking great spiritual fulfillment on a higher level.. then you're shit out of luck. But if you're happy with just being able to enjoy the next Planet of the Apes installment.. then life is for you.  Afro

Yeh, Fight Club is a highly quotable film. We are who we are at then end of the day, everyone has their own definition of success and happiness but daytime TV tends to drill images into our heads of what success ought to be, hell society in general does. Being realistic is the way to avoid all the disappointments.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #63 - August 24, 2011, 04:32 PM

Yeh, Fight Club is a highly quotable film. We are who we are at then end of the day, everyone has their own definition of success and happiness but daytime TV tends to drill images into our heads of what success ought to be, hell society in general does. Being realistic is the way to avoid all the disappointments.

Couldn't say it better. I think 90% of the problems with people becoming demotivated and depressed comes from unrealistic expectations relative to ones abilities.

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #64 - August 24, 2011, 04:41 PM

Yeh, true. Not everyone wants to swallow the red pill, though. I know I'd rather be realistic than let reality hit me in the face.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #65 - August 24, 2011, 04:50 PM

Hustle hard, Hustle real hard and invest your papers into stocks,metals,estates(if possible) and anything that appreciates in value.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #66 - August 24, 2011, 04:56 PM

Yeah^, invest all $341.98 dollars in your bank account in precious metals.  Cheesy

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #67 - August 24, 2011, 05:33 PM

The only advice I have - ask yourself if it will really make you happy, and why? I soon realised that I don't actually care, I just assumed it was worth having and I must get it - any small pleasure didn't make up for all the stress. Also, don't consider happiness something you constantly have to chase.

Also, don't set too much store by other people's advice. We're all full of ourselves.
     Reply #68 - August 24, 2011, 05:36 PM

@ JC :So what do you do? Squander all the money on liabilities rather than save it Grin

Or is that your whole monthly paycheck? whistling2

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #69 - August 24, 2011, 05:43 PM

@ JC :So what do you do? Squander all the money on liabilities rather than save it Grin

Or is that your whole monthly paycheck? whistling2

I have some stocks. But I prefer paying for regular gay anal sex instead.

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #70 - August 24, 2011, 05:52 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Reply #71 - August 24, 2011, 06:02 PM

But to me, it seems, the moment of the action to do something that would better ones life, e.g. go find a job comes about spontaneously, as does depression. I do not feel in control of my life or my actions and thus the way life will unfold for me will depend on the way the wind blows.  

So it's all about what you want out of life. If you have excessive material desire, true love or are seeking great spiritual fulfillment on a higher level.. then you're shit out of luck. But if you're happy with just being able to enjoy the next Planet of the Apes installment.. then life is for you.  Afro

That's what I've found. I read quite a lot, into philosophy, sociology and fiction. The fiction I read is stuff like Richard Yates and Fitz Gereald, books about the failure of the american dream. Characters who have gotten all the material things but whose ability to philosophise and think deeply have haunted them as their insight hints that this life of continual progress is shallow, repetitive and in the end, unfulfilling.

Sometimes I think that a life with a clear mind that enjoyed obvious pleasures which acted objectively might have been better. But then sometimes I feel sorry for some of them because how afraid they are about death, how afraid they are afraid of provocation. Some one here wrote about being afraid about the nothingness/emptiness. Personally I have found emptiness, nothingness, the void incredibly fascinating. At first it seems terrifying but then when actually facing it, one sees oneself sort of disintegrate, the fear is in losing oneself. Though I cannot say that I am not completely fearless of the void, sometimes it is inconvenient.

I've sat at so many middle class tables where families and guests are behaving so politely, who's conversations, are on the surface pleasant but underneath appear to be tip toeing in a mine field, where the wrong word could turn the situation into a traumatic humiliating event.

Here's an example, the other day my brother got his A level results, he got straight As pretty much and is going to do engineering at Imperial. Just as he announced that, my father entered the room and was so proud of him, my brother immediately started talk about other peers results, his superiority over them made my father proud. As all this was going, I was holding the book 'Bullet Park' by John Cheever and was in the middle of reading this passage:

"The Ridleys were a couple who brought to the hallowed institution of holy matrimony a definitely commercial quality as if to marry and conceive, rear and educate children was like the manufacture and merchandising of some useful product produced in competition with other manufacturers"

There appears to be the surface of things, rules, objectives, destinations and then there is the unknown. The void, this great question mark this great WTF is going on. Seems to be a roll of the dice as to who dwells on the surface and who is lost completely. I imagine we just go between the two in our lives. Doing our best to avoid the deathly silent void and and remain engaged with the grand spectacle we've created.  

It's cathartic writing all this, I've never really written this down or thought about it as comprehensively.

harakaat, I am glad what I've written makes a connection...makes this far more universal than it seems. Smiley

"The words that oscillate between nonsense and supreme meaning are the oldest and truest." - C.G. Jung
     Reply #72 - August 24, 2011, 06:11 PM

That's really deep Saleri. Can't add anymore eloquently than what you said. It's all a fucking facade. You either accept the grand spectacle and bullshit that is modern life and enjoy it for what it's worth.. or your let go of the that illusory rope of nonsense that binds us and fall below.

I choose life and am glad to have the oppurtunity to enjoy all this crap before it all comes crashing down. Which, eventually, it will.  yes

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #73 - August 24, 2011, 07:17 PM

Thanks I guess. I take comfort in reading Bukowski, a master of the underworld Smiley

"The words that oscillate between nonsense and supreme meaning are the oldest and truest." - C.G. Jung
     Reply #74 - August 24, 2011, 11:30 PM

ITT: some sort of illusory false dichotomy.

Life is full of an incredible number of choices, which can lead you down so many unimaginable paths. To choose life isn't to accept all of the things in those novel quotes.

Whatever, this thread just doesn't make any sense to me is all.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #75 - August 24, 2011, 11:33 PM

Also, I agree with saleri that most of the advice on here is bullshit, but maybe not for the same reasons.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #76 - August 24, 2011, 11:37 PM

So it's all about what you want out of life. If you have excessive material desire, true love or are seeking great spiritual fulfillment on a higher level.. then you're shit out of luck. But if you're happy with just being able to enjoy the next Planet of the Apes installment.. then life is for you.  Afro

Jesus Christ, you make me want to vomit.

And you're telling me that you're not the nihilist here?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #77 - August 25, 2011, 12:09 AM

I could hardly give a shit about our weak stomach. Of course I'm a fucking nihilist, did you figure that one out all by yourself?  Roll Eyes

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #78 - August 25, 2011, 12:10 AM

And you don't see the irony in prescribing a path away from nihilism?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #79 - October 18, 2011, 04:11 AM

For those of you who never tried weed or ciggarate, never try it. Stay clean.

Weren't you telling me just a couple of weeks ago that I should try weed? Tongue

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #80 - October 18, 2011, 04:34 AM

Also, one thing I've learned: If you're going to come out to others, do not be under any illusions -- it won't be easy. People can be assholes.

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #81 - October 18, 2011, 04:47 AM

Weren't you telling me just a couple of weeks ago that I should try weed? Tongue

Lol,and you said no, weed is not your thing plus it was more of a joke if you didnt get it Tongue

Reply #82 - October 18, 2011, 04:52 AM

No, I thought you were serious Tongue

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #83 - October 18, 2011, 04:58 AM

Well,im glad you didnt take my advice Smiley

Reply #84 - October 18, 2011, 05:06 AM

Just wanted to say this thread should probably be a sticky. I'd add something but it looks like you guys pretty much covered everything. l guess all I have to say is to make free time for yourselves as well. Whatever it is... playing video games, going for a walk, taking a vacation or just lounging around the house doing nothing. Give yourself time to be worry free. It will keep you healthy, balanced, and appreciative of what you have.

After reading saleri's and JC's posts (I agreed on a lot of what they say btw) I couldnt help but think of this lol. A little satirical humor on life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKhf-BZ7uBE

"Live a good life. If there are god(s) and they are just, you will be rewarded based on virtue. If they're unjust, then you shouldn't want to worship them. If there are no gods, you will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of others."

-Re-interpretation of Marcus Aurelius
     Reply #85 - October 18, 2011, 05:23 AM

Cheesy

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #86 - October 18, 2011, 08:19 PM

I think I just fell in love with Jesus Christ.

And not JUST for the planet of the apes comment.

n = 0 : n + [1,1,1...]
     Reply #87 - November 08, 2011, 03:50 PM

My advice is never give up hope. You are stronger and more resilient than you give yourself credit for.

Any hole you feel Islam leaves in your being after you apostates can be filled but fill it with something positive and not negative.

Don't go buckwild with the drinking etc.

Control your anger. Refrain on calling Muslims idiots and other insulting names. You were one of them once. Smart people do believe in religion too... People just have a cultural and psychological predisposition to it. Fight the battle of reason with control not rage.... Controlled anger will give you focused strength which is much more effective. Raging with anger will cause you to be dismissed by the religious and then you just end up looking like one of the twat trolls who send people like us threats.

The message of reason and common sense is very important so don't fuck it up with your delivery.

Be prepared to lose friends and family if you come out.... You will get through it.

Get your advice from those who are settled in their mind after their apostasy not those who are still in the traumatic beginning stage of it. This is one of the reasons why I like listening to what Hassan talks about in his videos on the CEMB YouTube channel.

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    Strike me down and I'll just become another nail in your coffin
    -------------------
    There's such a thing as sheep in wolfs clothing... religious fanatics
     Reply #88 - November 08, 2011, 04:14 PM

I think I just fell in love with Jesus Christ.

And not JUST for the planet of the apes comment.

I love you too.

Formerly known as Iblis
  • Advice to 16 - 22 years old Ex-Muslims
     Reply #89 - February 23, 2013, 12:54 AM

dont change too much. follow what your heart tell u. u will see indifferent among people. dont let that bother u. just be urself.
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »