Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: on being gay and an ex (Get out of the closets!)

(Read 6272 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • on being gay and an ex (Get out of the closets!)
     OP - December 25, 2010, 04:42 PM

This writing is a little bit long. And I'm sure you guyz don't have a really long attention span (me, one of you) . But this is a little bit important for me. So please, if you don't mind, read the whole of it. Peace out  cool2

It was Christmas Eve. The website had stopped its moaning and self-lamenting for a while. No one wants to weep in the day God was conceived. No being was trying to conceive the meaning of God, To choose The Divine Comedy, and to click on Religion and God. No body wanted to unravel our Lord's mysterious ways, because God, from the moment he was conceived in our minds, had always been vague and we got a little bit bored of conceiving. What the heck? Let's just celebrate his inexplicability. Just hallelujah that avatar-human-spirit-titan being.But I was there. I was thinking about that Guy who believes himself too sublime for us to show his face. And I was weeping too.

Hassan was the one who posted that thread. A video in which an ex-Muslim was being threatened by a fundamentalist. No big deal actually if you consider what other orthodox Muslims had done before . But that ex is the big deal.  Kacem al-Ghazali. Yeah, that’s him. The loud atheist.I opened his blog and I was startled by him. By those courageous videos, by his brave responses to that hideous religious, by his writings, by his bold voice. That vocal cord that never seem to break down or to waver. And I was startled by his face. He actually showed it! He took that mask off and faced the world. He, with that angelic visage, that small body structure of a youth and with that  baby stubble had actually jumped off the cliff.

I was startled by him. But I was shocked by me. I stood at that cliff, and never took that adrenaline plunge. I just bent down at the edge, saw the hollow abyss and retreated in the manner of an ashamed army who just lost the battle.                                                                                                                                                                                                    

But of course, I didn't take these thoughts and feelings into much consideration. After all, when did I ever do that? Nevertheless, I just commented on how cute Kacem looks like and how I would love to f*** him with passion and love, unlike that bitchy Muslim. The usual shitty talk of the forum.Five minutes later, there was a comment from Think_free or Hassan asking me to edit that comment, for Kacem may pass into it and thinks of it as inappropriate. So I did that. Maybe I took it a little bit too far. But that’s not the point. What matters is the conclusion that struck me thereafter.

No one knows about my sexual orientation. Not my mom, not my journals and not even my best friend. No one, that is, except for a website and a bunch of totally strange people whom I've met 10 days ago.TheRationalizer, Pierced Beauty, z10, Muddy, Hassan and quite a lot of others whom their member picture is the only vague resemblance to their hidden faces. I'm talking to gods, you might say.                                                                                                                                                                    

I realized why I posted that comment. It was simply because, the shield I've created around myself to conceal the true me was about to shatter. It reached its utmost capacity of secrets and whispers and I needed to let go before an explosion would occur.
    Moments later, I went through a depression trance. It is just a simple face. When you confide a heavy boulder of secrets in a well, there is a chance you might fall along with it.This mask became too heavy. Its openings became too small. I can't see. And I can't breathe.

I would like to take council from God. It would be a nice thing from him to eavesdrop on my praying, to open that Secret Garden door, to stand at the sky's door threshold, and give me a pat, a rubbing on my hair and maybe a hug. But of course he didn't. Again that phrase. "God works in mysterious ways". God don't hug you, embrace you, give you a kiss upon the cheek, or at least give you a stroke on your hand. God don’t' sing lullabies. He doesn't whisper: hush now my baby. Be still. Everything is going to be fine. No. He just works in mysterious ways. Just kneel baby, beg for mercy and ass kiss me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
    So the only people I'm left with now are, you.                                                                                                                                          
    It is not only about the salvation of me. It is about the salvation of every one of us. Are we supposed to hide forever? Are we supposed to always bow down and accept? As you might remember from another post of mine, I blackmailed God and promised him I will not stand still. I will act and I shall be remembered.                                                                                                      
     I'm so sick of having to walk tip-toed in the dark corners of my own home, so sick of pretending not to think, so sick of decoding my own journals so that not even the paper or the leads would know the "I am that I am", and I'm so sick of having to crouch down and hide my heart beneath an ancient mattress and a never-been-washed blankets.  Cry  Cry  Cry

Two secrets are a little bit too much for me.
    'To be or not to be' Once asked a great bard, and so I do now.
             thnkyu for going through my  icon_blahblah

<AliIsAli>: in ur sharia law, am i to be killed???
    <ghutlu>: Yes sure sure u should 4 firstly Being Ex muslim
     <ghutlu>:  for leaving ISLAM
     <AliIsAli>: would u kill me if u saw me?
     <ghutlu>: yes surely
     <AliIsAli>: :(
     <ghutlu>: by the way gay is just a mental problem
  • Re: on being gay and an ex (Get out of the closets!)
     Reply #1 - December 25, 2010, 05:32 PM

I feel your pain, and I can relate to you.

I'm also in the closet, I'd also like to come out of the closet but I can't. I can relate to how you're feeling.

The solution is not to become depressed or to feel sorry for ourselves, its to figure out how we can leave our current countries to go to a place that is more free, where you can come out of the closet about being an ex muslim as well as being gay, without the kind of backlash one would experience in a muslim country.

You're only 15. You have your entire life in front of you. Decide on a good university course somewhere in europe, australia, or canada, and once you've finished school, talk to your parents and arrange to leave. Plan to be out by the time you are 18.

Don't come out of the closet in Bahrain no matter what.

You're very lucky that you realized the truth about islam at such a young age. You get to enjoy the rest of your life living the way you want!
     Reply #2 - December 25, 2010, 05:41 PM

So the only people I'm left with now are, you.                                                                                                                                          
    It is not only about the salvation of me. It is about the salvation of every one of us. Are we supposed to hide forever? Are we supposed to always bow down and accept? As you might remember from another post of mine, I blackmailed God and promised him I will not stand still. I will act and I shall be remembered.                                                                                                      
     I'm so sick of having to walk tip-toed in the dark corners of my own home, so sick of pretending not to think, so sick of decoding my own journals so that not even the paper or the leads would know the "I am that I am", and I'm so sick of having to crouch down and hide my heart beneath an ancient mattress and a never-been-washed blankets.

:( This allowed me to walk in your shoes for a few seconds, and I must say: props to you for having to carry the load that you do - I'm not even going to pretend I relate to what you have to endure. My response to you was triggered by my protective instincts.  My advice to tip-toe and pretend further is cowardly, yes, but when set next to your very young age, I think it is also practical, though it lacks bravery and other romantic notions you listed. Even sympathizing with the incredible isolation you must feel where you are forced to wrap in mystery your thoughts even in your journal, any advice given to you other than the one of caution I think would be cruel, careless and dangerous.   If you were not in a position where your basic survival did not depend on others, I may have responded differently.

Reply #3 - December 25, 2010, 06:02 PM

Dude i know u wanna come out and stuff but plz be careful!!

u live in a muslim country...u can get seriously hurt or worse killed!!

safety first Afro

hopefully u wont have to be in bahrain for long...go to a non muslim country for uni like donatelo said

then u can do whatever u like grin12

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
    (I no naka no kawazu taikai wo shirazu)
    A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
     Reply #4 - December 25, 2010, 06:07 PM

I know. But a quote I once read is clinging in my mind:
    Live your life too careful and you might as well be dead

Reply #5 - December 25, 2010, 06:13 PM

And I've already applyed to YES, which is a scholarship proggram in whcih I can study a whole year in USA. But still, I'm afraid of one thing.
    If I don't tell them before i go there, that is if i succeeded on doing so, I'm afraid they'll blame the whole thing on America. They'll even blame my homosexuality on  US goverment. And they'll keep on trying to "bring me back to sanity"  

Reply #6 - December 25, 2010, 06:15 PM

y bother even telling them?

live ur life in the states...when u graduate find a job try applying for citizenship and if they ask are u coming back tell them u got a job

no need to be too forthright with family...the less they know the better in my opinion

but thats just me

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
    (I no naka no kawazu taikai wo shirazu)
    A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
     Reply #7 - December 25, 2010, 06:18 PM

And I've already applyed to YES, which is a scholarship proggram in whcih I can study a whole year in USA. But still, I'm afraid of one thing.
    If I don't tell them before i go there, that is if i succeeded on doing so, I'm afraid they'll blame the whole thing on America. They'll even blame my homosexuality on  US goverment. And they'll keep on trying to "bring me back to sanity"  

they're going to do that anyway, my parents blame my therapists/psychiatrists for things I've been doing way before I talked to them (apparently they're putting ideas in my head).
    You can never reason with them. You won't have to even tell them anything at all, if you manage to live in America and have some friends there, a life there, will it really matter that your family who aren't even around you to know?
     Reply #8 - December 25, 2010, 06:26 PM

first of all, I cant stay in the USA. For some stupid terms and conditions, I must agree on "wanting to go back to my country after the year has finished"
    And second of all, I'm not doing this for myself only, I'm doing this cuz I feel like I had enough of hiding. We must fight for our freedom!
    I mean, what about the other ex-muslims who cant travel abroad. what about all the harm being done in the name of religion? must we always just look, stare and then move on?

Reply #9 - December 25, 2010, 06:29 PM

What a wonderfully moving and poetic post.  Afro

"Be yourself" without doubt!

However you are still very young so take your time to discover exactly who "yourself" is.

أين أيام لذّتي وشبابي * أتراها تعود بعد الذهابِ ؟

Reply #10 - December 25, 2010, 06:34 PM

Do what Nessa suggested.
    This is how I handled it. I decided to tell my parents about my apostasy first, which went pretty bad. Anyways, I started to pretend I did the toubah. And get along with it. They are dealing with my apostasy very slowly, still think I am somehow still a muslim (or hoping it).
    Anyways, I decided not to invite them to my place (because I will have my bf one day), I just go and visit them once every two weeks. Although they are only an hour drive away.
    Whenever the topic of marriage comes, I use some story, mostly my brother's failed marriage as an excuse.

Anyways, if you are afraid that America would get blamed later, just write them a letter before leaving and hide it somewhere in your stuff. Once you finally decide to come out of the closet, and they blame America for it, just point them to the letter that you were already gay well before and the letter is the proof.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #11 - December 25, 2010, 06:40 PM

Like I said before, I cant stay in USA.
    And for me, the whole thing about writing a letter is LOL . I mean, how am i suppose to prove to them I didn't write it 1 day ago?  Afro

Reply #12 - December 25, 2010, 06:42 PM

first of all, I cant stay in the USA. For some stupid terms and conditions, I must agree on "wanting to go back to my country after the year has finished"

That is pretty standard rule. If US give you temporary visa for studies or work, they demand solid proof that you will go back to your country. You have to keep that intention all the time, even when renewing the visa. But it is also legal to convert your F-series visa which is student visa to H-series visa whenever you are done with your education and your employer is willing to sponsor you.

The less hassle way is to go to Canada. You can do your education, and I don't really know how to convert your student visa to permanent residence. You would have to look into it. But once you become perm resident, you can apply for citizenship after living there for three years. Once you have that, you can work in US as well (still require work visa but much less hassle then H1 visa) In this case, you would have solid citizenship of Canada. So if something goes wrong, you will always have a country of citizenship to take you back.

and many others...
     Reply #13 - December 25, 2010, 06:43 PM

Like I said before, I cant stay in USA.
    And for me, the whole thing about writing a letter is LOL . I mean, how am i suppose to prove to them I didn't write it 1 day ago?  Afro

You would be in US or wherever.. you  can't possibly hide it in your parents home 1 day ago from US.

and many others...
     Reply #14 - December 25, 2010, 06:46 PM

Rob some banks. With enough money you can get residency just about anywhere.

fuck you
     Reply #15 - December 25, 2010, 06:49 PM

And second of all, I'm not doing this for myself only, I'm doing this cuz I feel like I had enough of hiding. We must fight for our freedom!
    I mean, what about the other ex-muslims who cant travel abroad. what about all the harm being done in the name of religion? must we always just look, stare and then move on?

I say this with a great deal of affection: You little shit, how do you not get what we are saying to you?  If you cannot stand on your own independently, it would be foolish of you to make a stand.

That being said, you know your situation better than any of us and how much you can tolerate.  Good luck.
     Reply #16 - December 25, 2010, 08:20 PM

Ali, what I recommend you do is that instead of a 1 year visa, try to do a bachelors course in something, e.g engineering, computers, medicine, etc. Once that is done, you can apply for permanent residence as a skilled migrant regardless of whether you have a job offer or not. Alternatively you can do the 1 year course and then look for work, and if you find it, you could get a work visa.

Also, if you come out of the closet, it won't do anything for the ex muslim cause. Being a martyr won't help. Wait until you are stable and safe, and then come out when you can reach out to the maximum number of people.  Coming out at your age and in your situation wouldn't do any good for the ex muslm cause.
     Reply #17 - December 25, 2010, 11:03 PM

Whatever you do, I'd also highly advise you NOT to come out of the closet (either as a gay man or an ex-muslim) while you are living in any Islamic country.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #18 - December 25, 2010, 11:27 PM

Have to totally agree with this:

"Being a martyr won't help. Wait until you are stable and safe, and then come out when you can reach out to the maximum number of people.  Coming out at your age and in your situation wouldn't do any good for the exmuslim cause."

Youth stirs impetuousness, but not necessarily success. Part of being mature is realizing that sometimes inaction is the best course of action, atleast for a time. Long-term goals are better to be sought after than short-term romanticized actions which we often delude ourselves into thinking will make some difference.

The truth is, you could jump from your rooftop screaming Islam is not true and people should be free to be gay and mortad and it won't make a damn bit of difference to either cause. Just a mess for your family and neighbors to clean up. If you're serious and committed, perhaps one day you'll have a chance to make a difference.

But for now, bide your time- learn, think, grow, mature, develop independence and become somebody worthy of respect and attention. When you get there, then we'll strategize!  :bunny:I loved your story, btw! You've got a talent for self-expression and that will serve you well in the future.

This is a time for you to cultivate inner strength and fortitude. While you may consider a misfortune of yours, it is actually a great opportunity for personal growth. If you ever do get to the West, you'll realize what a blessing it is to have had that struggle in your youth as opposed to the vast majority here who just float along mostly clueless and self-absorbed into adulthood.  

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion."~Steven Weinberg
     Reply #19 - December 26, 2010, 12:01 AM

Good luck - its must be hard for you.  Stay low, and try to find somebody close who you trust & can confide in.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #20 - December 26, 2010, 12:03 AM

Newsoul is correct to the maximum.

I am a British non-muslim, but my bf is a Pakistani ex-muslim (not currently resident there), we have told his parents about us but now we are playing the long game of keeping together and talking all the stuff through carefully, of course we have our fun (it aint all work!) but we know we cant rush things with his parents. He currently is in Pak and I am worried sick about it, but I will get through it and it will make me and us stronger. Don't rush and DO NOT do ANYTHING silly and hasty.

Good luck!
     Reply #21 - December 26, 2010, 12:14 AM

"sigh" So you people persuaded to make a kinda of reality check, especially Teetotter (now that was a LOL and real tough love) .
    And when I did this think-about-it-a-notch-further, the first people who poped into my mind were my father and a friend of mine.

I have this friend who is clearly in touch with his soft side (He don't know about my homosexuality. Like I said NO ONE KNOWS). I am gay, yeah but I'm not really into lip gloss and Hana Montana swaga  parrot . I'm just attracted to male joints and disgusted when I see a female tits  Wink . So no one suspects that much bout me (actually they do alot, but it is a garden of eden comparing to what they do to my friend). Now this friend of mine ,gosh, they don't give him a break. They keep bullying him and calling him names. There is a teacher who clearly look at him in disgrace and there is that guy who keeps mimicking the way he speaks. One guy actually asked him for a f***, supposingly joking.
    So remembering him really made me do some second thoughts.
     i hate my school. seems like this long holiday season made me forget about the place I'm attending nearly every morning. "a heavy sigh" I mean, even if i set my mind on openening up, I really just can't imagine the sequences in there. There was that time when 2 guys who just took me in a corner, and kept asking me this question:' Do u have a gf? ni for real, do u have one or not?' And whenever I wanted to just somehow slip away, they pushed me into the wall. That was a first. The whole day i was depressed.

And my father. My father, i just... I hate him. I hated him from that day in Meccca. I was 12 I think. We just finished Ommra, and I went shopping all by myself. What I bought with me to the hotel was a bright orange T-shirt, and another t-shirt with what I thought cool caption. My father got angry and refused to pay me for them (I was using my pocket money). And when i asked him why, he started shouting: these r girls clothes? are you one? I don't want a "Kanith" son. are you "Kanith"? (Kanith is a highly offencive word for some one who was f***ed) . And then he didn't talk to me for days.

So after thinking about these couple of situations (and there r alot others), I'm actually not that hyped. But still, when I remember all these days when I lie on my bed, the room is dark and I just keep on crying and crying  until my pillows r stained. When I remember the number of times I pulled my hair, pinched myself, hit my head  and think of... ending it altogether  Cry . I dunno. I just dunno.
    But I think the best for me would be if i contacted a person who've done it (though of course we r talking now bout apostacy here) Does anyone knows Kacem Gazali email or something? thanks in advance.

Reply #22 - December 26, 2010, 12:20 AM

Newsoul is correct to the maximum.

I am a British non-muslim, but my bf is a Pakistani ex-muslim (not currently resident there), we have told his parents about us but now we are playing the long game of keeping together and talking all the stuff through carefully, of course we have our fun (it aint all work!) but we know we cant rush things with his parents. He currently is in Pak and I am worried sick about it, but I will get through it and it will make me and us stronger.

Good luck!

I hope you two make it through  Smiley

Reply #23 - December 26, 2010, 12:22 AM

ending it altogether

Dude! Life is so good, trust me. Just wait few years and you will see it with your own eyes!!  But keep working on getting admission in some Canadian university.

and many others...
     Reply #24 - December 26, 2010, 12:22 AM

Thankyou, 1 yr 11 months!!!!
     Reply #25 - December 26, 2010, 12:34 AM

But I think the best for me would be if i contacted a person who've done it (though of course we r talking now bout apostacy here) Does anyone knows Kacem Gazali email or something? thanks in advance.

He's on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/kacem.gerr
     Reply #26 - December 26, 2010, 12:55 AM

Thanx. but now I have to create for me another msn and facebook account, so that my friends wouldn't know i'm trying to befriend with an athiest  grin12

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »