Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Tunisia tensions boil over as teenager dies in riot

(Read 64560 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Tunisia tensions boil over as teenager dies in riot
     Reply #90 - January 16, 2011, 03:27 PM

Being Islamic doesn't necessarily make them jihadists

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #91 - January 16, 2011, 03:33 PM

@yeezevee

WTF training with such people you KNOW murderer or tortures makes you complicit in the crimes! Seeing as it was those very security forces that protected him.......EVERYTHING.

You quote articles about salafist jihadist attacks in N. Africa and then ask questions like

what is that has to do with AMericans and what they do??

Al-Qaeda in that particular region emerged from the Algerian civil war!

What about it? Oh nothing important. Elections were held and the party that won wasn't recognised, nothing important..........  Roll Eyes

Lol the govt. in America can change daily if it wants to, still the same shit from different parties/skin colour lol
     Reply #92 - January 16, 2011, 03:34 PM

Interview with Tunisian journalist ,Kusai Kedri :
    worth watching that long interview at  http://www.presstv.ir/detail/160392.html

Please read transcript under the link this a good question
    Press TV: A lot of people, including the exiled head of the main Tunisian Islamic party, have called this an “intifada” in a broader religious context… Will this set an example for revolt against other Arab dictatorships?

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #93 - January 16, 2011, 03:36 PM

Yes it Does.,  being truly Islamic means giving life to what Islam preaches from Quran/hadith and other Islamic manuals..

Saudi is probably the most islamic nation, I don't think they get involved in many wars. That might be bcoz they got a shit army lol
     Reply #94 - January 16, 2011, 03:40 PM

You should look at who your allies are you blithering idiot:

Reply #95 - January 16, 2011, 03:40 PM

@yeezevee

WTF training with such people you KNOW murderer or tortures makes you complicit in the crimes! Seeing as it was those very security forces that protected him.......EVERYTHING.

You quote articles about salafist jihadist attacks in N. Africa and then ask questions like

Al-Qaeda in that particular region emerged from the Algerian civil war!

What about it? Oh nothing important. Elections were held and the party that won wasn't recognised, nothing important..........  Roll Eyes

Lol the govt. in America can change daily if it wants to, still the same shit from different parties/skin colour lol

well it is THEIR SHIT, they either clean it or their houses will smell bad.But  other nations/cultures  must learn to clean  their shit..

you are doing good Aphrodite.. all the problems in the Islamic world is due to Americans ., Some one said to my dear friend who is related to me..  "You left Islam but Islam didn't leave you"

Reply #96 - January 16, 2011, 03:46 PM

Yes it is their problem and theyre sorting it out. No doubt some politicians will feel slightly butt hurt:

France is Tunisia's leading trade partner and its fourth largest foreign investor. In April 2008 President Sarkozy, on his second official visit to Tunisia, declared at a state dinner hosted by President Ben Ali, "Today, the sphere of liberties [in Tunisia] is progressing.... I have complete confidence in your will to continue to enlarge the space of freedom in Tunisia." Neither Sarkozy, nor his minister of state for human rights, Rama Yade, who accompanied him on this trip, offered any public human rights criticism, but the French presidency did announce during the visit Tunisair's purchase of several Airbus jets.

http://www.hrw.org/en/node/79260

Not all problems but a lot of problems do involve the US from the rise of jihadists, support of people like general zia etc. which is why I always want less US influence, thankfully that is happening  dance
     Reply #97 - January 16, 2011, 03:59 PM

Yes it is their problem and theyre sorting it out. No doubt some politicians will feel slightly butt hurt..

well butt hurt means hurts I don't think America cares either way.,   neither those politicians of Islamic nations are American Politicians.  They are born and bread in-house in land of pure.. Arabia.. Tunisia.. Algeria.. Libya .. Egypt. whatever.  

Again Human right problem in Islamic countries   is nothing to do with American Military  training Tunisian Military..  

Not all problems but a lot of problems do involve the US from the rise of jihadists, support of people like general zia etc. which is why I always want less US influence, thankfully that is happening  dance

What what General Zia?? you seem not to know General Zia was appointed by Bhutto  that too  superseding many senior generals in Army.,  Mr. Bhutto was the one with Islamic Allah hoo akbar mullahs made the rule of Blasphemy which is extended by Zia for his own purpose.    Zia killed  Mr. Bhutto for his own safety., Americans used Zia and his regime to hang Russian communism. All  these problems   what we see in so-called Islamic nations are  IN_HOUSE problems with stagnated mindset and the tinpot dictators with Allah Mullahs ruling the nations.    

Reply #98 - January 16, 2011, 04:05 PM

Nobody expected Tunisia—“modern,” “secular,” and among the most “Westernized” of Arab nations—to throw off its nauseating government; in 2008’s Press Freedom Index, Tunisia ranked 164th out of 178 countries. Culturally, Tunisia appeared to have gone in all the right directions, so why had it politically failed? And why didn’t we expect it? It’s because of this mind-map: If an Arab/Muslim is culturally Western, he is naturally in favor of democracy; if culturally other, he is some kind of authoritarian.

Read on: http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispatches/guest_bloggers/4052/secular_good,_muslim_bad:_unveiling_tunisia%E2%80%99s_revolution/

What do you think?
     Reply #99 - January 16, 2011, 04:43 PM

Tunisia unrest: Views from the country

Afef Abrougui, protester, Tunis

I was among the protesters yesterday in front of the interior ministry. I was there for three hours and nothing of that sort happened. The young protesters are not criminals, they wouldn't do that.

We don't want the western world to see that now the president is gone, we can't handle things here. I strongly believe that after this, Tunisian's won't accept a government that doesn't represent them” Our security is now the responsibility of the army. We trust the army, the have never turned on the protesters. I am hopeful about the future. Tunisians have acquired political awareness and there's no going back

Hamdi Kriaa, protester, Tunis
    We are living through special days, historical days. We are moving towards a new chapter for Tunisia, towards freedom and democracy. Yesterday I was protesting in front of the interior ministry together with some 10,000 people. The sensation was incredible. Our priority right now is security. The situation is critical.  And I am confident we'll start preparing for the presidential election in a democratic environment.  

Zouhair Ben Jemaa, retired consultant, Tunis

We can go out now and I just made a small tour in our neighbourhood. We live close to the US embassy, so we have a good security free of charge.  Tunisian people are very angry. We want the people to take power. We can't accept those who've been with the president for years and years and have done everything together with him. No way!  I am too old for this but I am proud of our youth. Facebook has been fantastic and we will never forget what al-Jazeera is doing.

well read it all at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12198929

Reply #100 - January 16, 2011, 04:50 PM

Good links to scan through..
    http://www.tunisia-forum.com/vb/
    http://www.topix.com/forum/world/tunisia
    http://www.tunisiepro.net/forum/
    http://www.tunisia-forum.com/vb/showthread.php?p=259551#post259551

Reply #101 - January 16, 2011, 04:58 PM

A group of 20 Israelis evacuated from Tunisia

JERUSALEM (EJP)---According to press reports, a group of 20 Israelis was evacuated Saturday evening from Tunisia where Tunisian President Zine el Abidine Ben Ali, who has ruled the country since 1987, fled for Saudi Arabia.  This complicated mission was orchestrated by a number of Israeli authorities, including the foreign ministry. The tourists were first transferred from the touristic resort of Djerba to Germany and from there to Tel Aviv.

Israel and Tunisia have no diplomatic relations. In 2000, Tunisia decided to sever its relations and to close the Tunisian interest office in Tel Aviv and the Israeli Interest Office in Tunis.  "We don't know if a peace agreement would be respected and so any peace deal would have to include on-the-ground security arrangements," he said.

Tunisia is home to the second-largest Jewish community in the Arab world. The  the largest Jewish community in an Arab country is in Morocco where around d 4,000 Jews live.According to Jason Isaacson, director of government and international affairs at the American Jewish Committee (AJC), who has been in touch with members of the community in the North African country, "until now there were no signs of rhetoric or violence of any sort or any negative acts against the Jewish community."

The Jewish population reached 100,000 in 1948 but successive waves of emigration to France and Israel, especially after the 1967 Arab-Israeli war, reduced it to 1,500 today.

Most of Tunisian Jews live in the capital Tunis and on the island of Djerba.

In 2002, a bomb detonated outside Djerba’s famous El Ghriba synagogue, killing 21 people .

That is what news says .. read it all at http://www.ejpress.org/article/news/48397., Islam can not exist Multicultural and multi religious societies..  some thing has to give up..

Reply #102 - January 16, 2011, 05:10 PM

Good news.. good news..  http://www.kalima-tunisie.info/fr/News-sid-Les-autorites-marocaines-refoulent-Kamel-JENDOUBI-president-du-Reseau-euro-med-253.html

One of Tunisia's leading human rights activists was to return home on Sunday after the downfall of strongman Zine El Abidine Ben Ali's regime, he told AFP by telephone from Paris-Orly airport.

Kamel Jendoubi, chairman of the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network and co-founder of the Committee for the Respect of Freedoms and Human Rights in Tunisia, lives in France and has not seen his homeland since 1994.

"I'm going back to the land of my birth, which I miss greatly. I'm heading back in these extraordinary circumstances to live this dream," he said.

"I'm going to visit the grave of my parents, which I have not been able to do since their deaths, and I will grieve. I want to smell the air, revisit the neighbourhoods of my youth, see family, friends," he said.

Under Ben Ali's regime, Jendoubi and dozens of other political and human rights activists were persecuted and many were jailed or forced into exile.
    Several have said that, after street protests forced the former ruler to flee to Saudi Arabia, they will now return to try to build a democratic future for the North African Arab state.

I hope Kamel Jendoubi  moves back to Tunisia from France., It is very important that one should not have power vacuum in nations where  people listen to Islamic lecturers with big beards

Reply #103 - January 16, 2011, 05:23 PM

The man who toppled a regime

Mohammad Bouazizi

Mohammad Bouazizi, the 26-year-old Tunisian whose suicide on December 17 sparked unprecedented clashes in the Northern African country, will go down in history as the street vendor who toppled the regime of President Zine Al Abidine Bin Ali, who ruled Tunisia with an iron fist for more than two decades. The suicide was embraced as a cause by jobless graduates, trade unionists and human right activists, and the protests later spread to other towns including the capital, Tunis.

Bouazizi set himself ablaze in Sidi Bouzid, a town in central Tunisia, after a woman municipality agent confiscated the weighing scales he was using to sell fruits and vegetables off a cart, which was his only available mean to support his family, and slapped him.  Bouazizi did not accept the public humiliation and went to the local governorate building to report the incident. However, he was barred from entering and nobody wanted to listen to his plight. Angry, humiliated and desperate, Bouazizi drenched himself in petrol and set himself ablaze outside the local governor's office.

The entire Sidi Buzid town erupted in anger. Soon, protesters started calling for the resignation of the president. Twenty-eight days later, Bin Ali stepped down and Bouazizi became the symbol of the Tunisian uprising.

STUPID WOMAN...

Reply #104 - January 16, 2011, 06:17 PM

Bouazizi set himself ablaze in Sidi Bouzid, a town in central Tunisia, after a woman municipality agent confiscated the weighing scales he was using to sell fruits and vegetables off a cart, which was his only available mean to support his family, and slapped him.  Bouazizi did not accept the public humiliation and went to the local governorate building to report the incident. However, he was barred from entering and nobody wanted to listen to his plight. Angry, humiliated and desperate, Bouazizi drenched himself in petrol and set himself ablaze outside the local governor's office.

Why on earth would using weighing scales be considered as an offence?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #105 - January 16, 2011, 06:25 PM

5 January 2011

Tunisia suicide protester Mohammed Bouazizi dies

A Tunisian graduate whose attempted suicide set off violent protests over unemployment across the North Africa nation has died.

Mohammed Bouazizi, 26, sold fruit and vegetables illegally in Sidi Bouzid because he could not find a job.

Last month he doused himself in petrol and set himself alight when police confiscated his produce because he did not have the necessary permit.

Public protests are rare in Tunisia and dissent is usually repressed.

But recent economic discontent has provoked the most violent unrest in more than a decade.

Mr Bouazizi died on Tuesday afternoon in a hospital outside the capital, Tunis.

Police presence
    A crowd estimated at around 5,000 took part on Wednesday in his funeral procession to a cemetery near Sidi Bouzid, union official Kamel Laabidi said.

He told AFP news agency that the marchers chanted: "Farewell, Mohammed, we will avenge you. We weep for you today, we will make those who caused your death weep."

A massive police presence prevented the crowd from reaching the governor's office, outside which Mr Bouazizi had set himself alight, his uncle, Mehdi Horchani, told AFP.

"Mohammed gave his life to draw attention to his condition and that of his brothers," Mr Horchani, said.

President Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali, who has ruled Tunisia for 23 years, condemned the riots, in which at least one demonstrator died when the security forces opened fire.

Officials say the officers retaliated in the central town of Menzel Bouzaiene after coming under attack with Molotov cocktails thrown by the crowd.

The government said the demonstrations, which then spread to the capital, were exploited by the opposition.

But the president, who visited Mr Bouazizi in hospital before his death, said that he would seek to find a solution to the problem of unemployment - and has since appointed a new youth minister.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12120228
     Reply #106 - January 16, 2011, 06:27 PM

...the marchers chanted: "Farewell, Mohammed, we will avenge you. We weep for you today, we will make those who caused your death weep."

And they did!
     Reply #107 - January 16, 2011, 09:44 PM

French ministers denied Tunisia was a dictatorship and offered Ben Ali’s regime police support to deal with the recent protests. Myriam Francois-Cerrah explains how France found itself on the backfoot

Leaving aside the deep irony of the French Republic offering a brutal dictatorship tips on how to maintain order, it would appear now that France is lost for words as President Ben Ali has fled to Saudi Arabia. Some suggest he was escorted by French and/or American allies (despite headlines that French President Nicolas Sarkozy denied the exiled president permission to land).

http://www.indexoncensorship.org/2011/01/tunisia-france%E2%80%99s-faux-pas/

I was right, some are butthurt by this  grin12

Reply #108 - January 16, 2011, 10:07 PM

According to scholar Robert Spencer, the Tunisian protests are in fact  " pro-Sharia and Islamic rule." 

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/01/al-qaeda-urges-jihad-against-tunisian-government.html

"By the One in Whose Hand my soul is, were you not to commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and then seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah would forgive them." [Saheeh Muslim]

"Wherever you are, death will find you, Even in the looming tower."
    - Quran 4:78
     Reply #109 - January 16, 2011, 10:14 PM

Robert Spencer =  drug-sniffing dog

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #110 - January 16, 2011, 10:40 PM

According to scholar Robert Spencer, the Tunisian protests are in fact  " pro-Sharia and Islamic rule."  

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/01/al-qaeda-urges-jihad-against-tunisian-government.html

LOL... the Islamists had nothing to do with it - though I'm sure that wont stop them trying to claim some credit if they can.

I sincerely hope that some good comes of all this and not just another flavour of authoritarianism. The young people who gave and risked their lives deserve better. But sadly I won't be holding my breath.
     Reply #111 - January 16, 2011, 10:41 PM

Robert Spencer =  drug-sniffing dog

Cocaine? Nah... Robert Spencer's a Crackhead!
     Reply #112 - January 16, 2011, 10:49 PM

Crackhead, arsehole, it's all one.
     Reply #113 - January 16, 2011, 11:16 PM

LOL... the Islamists had nothing to do with it - though I'm sure that wont stop them trying to claim some credit if they can.

I sincerely hope that some good comes of all this and not just another flavour of authoritarianism. The young people who gave and risked their lives deserve better. But sadly I won't be holding my breath.

Lets see what happens but this nonsense that Ben Ladin will now take over is just that, nonsense.

"By the One in Whose Hand my soul is, were you not to commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and then seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah would forgive them." [Saheeh Muslim]

Reply #114 - January 16, 2011, 11:24 PM

According to scholar Robert Spencer, the Tunisian protests are in fact  " pro-Sharia and Islamic rule."  

I am no fan of  Robert Spencer's rederick but that link does NOT say "Tunisian protests are in fact  " pro-Sharia and Islamic rule."    what it says is
    Al-Qaeda urges jihad against Tunisian government

The popular uprising there is pro-Sharia and Islamic rule. "Tunisia: Al Qaeda Maghreb Chief Wants Tunisians To Rebel,"  

and puts out a news link.. which is from Rome  http://www.ansamed.info/en/news/ME.XEF72692.html

Our uncles of Al Qaeda bombed that  El Ghriba Synagogue, Djerba in Tunisia in 2002  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghriba_synagogue_bombing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV4fmzzPnZk

yes they were active in in Tunisia 1995 to 2005

Reply #115 - January 16, 2011, 11:40 PM

I don't know  who is doing what but the tube video says something unusual ., May be Arabic experts can figure out what they are saying..  it says

Dutch, Swedish, and French Mercenaries Arrested In Tunisiaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffQe4oMlA6o

and one fellow writes in that tube

I bet u they were sent by zionists to stir up hatred, their media is eager to see Tunise revolution end in misery

Yes juice are everywhere ., in 1946 there used to be 100,000 juice in Tunisia., now there are 500 are so., they must be killing these rioters although Israel and Tunisia have NO diplomatic relations..  

Reply #116 - January 16, 2011, 11:44 PM

robert spencer wrote : " The popular uprising there is pro-Sharia and Islamic rule"

by "there" he means Tunisia and by "popular uprising" he means the protest

...so in fact he means that the Tunisian protest are pro-sharia and islamic rule

Of course you know all this so this explanation is a complete waste of time

Reply #117 - January 17, 2011, 12:01 AM

robert spencer wrote : " The popular uprising there is pro-Sharia and Islamic rule"

by "there" he means Tunisia and by "popular uprising" he means the protest

...so in fact he means that the Tunisian protest are pro-sharia and islamic rule

Of course you know all this so this explanation is a complete waste of time

You don't need to explain to me., there are plenty of other readers at CEMB Arab-Wannabe..

Yes he writes that but  he takes the link from our good friend Islamic Maghreb, Abdelmalek Deroukdal, alias Abu Musab Abdelwadoud.   I  have also linked in some post here a good Samaritan advising people of  not to go the way Iran went.  And Our good friends from Iran and Hamas are already trying to advice Tunisians how to go forward with this revolution..

Hope thy don't follow Iranian advisers

Reply #118 - January 17, 2011, 12:21 AM

It would be a tragedy if this just ended up leading to sharia law, or some other form of totalitarian government. Secular democracy is the answer.
     Reply #119 - January 17, 2011, 01:15 AM

I don't know  who is doing what but the tube video says something unusual ., May be Arabic experts can figure out what they are saying..  it says

Dutch, Swedish, and French Mercenaries Arrested In Tunisiaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffQe4oMlA6o

and one fellow writes in that tube
    Yes juice are everywhere ., in 1946 there used to be 100,000 juice in Tunisia., now there are 500 are so., they must be killing these rioters although Israel and Tunisia have NO diplomatic relations..  

well the news link at http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70F2BV20110116  clears the problems of above video

Swedish hunters attacked in Tunisia

A group of Swedes on a hunting trip in Tunisia were attacked Sunday in the capital Tunis, which has been in chaos since the ouster of longtime President Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali two days ago.

The 13 men were set upon by locals as they got out of taxis at their hotel and were attacked.

After the assault, they were taken to a police station, where the authorities realised a mistake had been made, said a representative of the company which arranged the trip.

"It was not the police who attacked them, but a mob which attacked when they were getting out of their taxi, they had 10 metres (feet) to go to their hotel," Inger Eckhardt, one of the owners of the Swedish Hunting Trips company, told Swedish public radio.

read the rest at link  Any guy who looks different than what we are BEAT THEM UP..  Sure some of the rage is Islamic Rage., now look at the comments under the video..
    #

their job is to cause mayhem and probably suitable regime change or something. for example find a shia mosque blow it up blame the Sunnis or vice versa then the country goes in chaos and then America can claim al queda is there and come and occupy it as usual.
    usy44u 1 hour ago

haha they should hang'em
    UnblockedOne2 2 hours ago

Typical white bastards they want to destroy other people's countries and forment their evil. They are scum and should be shot dead.
    shussey100 2 hours ago

I bet u they were sent by zionists to stir up hatred, their media is eager to see Tunise revolution end in misery
    Zionismhater 2 hours ago

News also says  Turks fleeing chaos return home from Tunisia

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-232658-turks-fleeing-chaos-return-home-from-tunisia.html

• Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »